Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Skylanders 6 Skymiibos prediction [CLOSED]
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3367
#1 Posted: 17:28:05 15/05/2016 | Topic Creator
I think that Skylanders 6 could possibly lead to some more Amiibo characters. Maybe perhaps one per Element to join smilie and smilie.

These are the characters (at least from Smash 4) predictions by Element.

AIR: Kirby, King Dedede
DARK: Meta Knight, Mr. Game and Watch
EARTH: Yoshi
FIRE: Charizard, Bowser Jr.
LIFE: Diddy Kong
LIGHT: Pikachu
MAGIC: Jigglypuff, Mewtwo
TECH: Fox, Duck Hunt, R.O.B.
UNDEAD: Lucario
WATER: Greninja

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Just to let you guys know, I am not sure if guys like Sonic, MegaMan and Pac-Man can technically be Skymiibos, since they are from companies other than ActiVision and Nintendo. Can they?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:53:19 15/05/2016 by SkylandrPurists
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#2 Posted: 17:36:12 15/05/2016
Eh, can only see Pokemon appearing in my dreams smilie
Shin Majin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1145
#3 Posted: 18:54:19 15/05/2016
......how is Lucario Undead? That aside, I really only see Fox and Yoshi really fitting Skylanders well.
---
Team quadruped.
Joseph > Jotaro
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#4 Posted: 19:03:16 15/05/2016
Quote: Shin Majin
......how is Lucario Undead? That aside, I really only see Fox and Yoshi really fitting Skylanders well.

Probably because he can use Bone Rush,but even then, the aura power puts him firmly in Magic or Light because it's more iconic.
Pikachu fits Tech, he can use Steel moves as well.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:03:57 15/05/2016 by Bifrost
KingDedede Red Sparx Gems: 59
#5 Posted: 19:04:14 15/05/2016

I agree, I'm not sure about how Lucario fits the undead element. I could see Falco and maybe even Duck Hunt or R.O.B.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#6 Posted: 20:32:26 15/05/2016
I think SkylandrPurists was referring to the fact that Lucario's design is based on Anubis, the egyptian god of the dead.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#7 Posted: 20:42:24 15/05/2016
Don't you mean Osiris?

Even then, Anubis doesn't so a whole lot of Undead-related. He judges them, that doesn't tend to any element, he manages how their guts are separated, I don't think that needs to be EVER brought up, I think he has some ability over the peoples' souls? But to the ancient egyptians it's a lot more complex than a ghost. Lucario doesn't take much from him other than appearance.
---
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#8 Posted: 20:43:54 15/05/2016
You won't see pokemon. Pokemon Amiibos don't even work in woolly world apart from getting a generic design.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#9 Posted: 20:54:21 15/05/2016
I would love to see Pit as a Skymiibo. Probably light would be the best fitting element for him.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Starlight_Shine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1088
#10 Posted: 21:15:20 15/05/2016
I'd honestly perfer not to have the Skiimibos next time. What would the explaination be for these other characters appearing? The rifts were already patched up.

But if there were some... I'd want Pokémon, but we all know that ain't happening anytime soon.
AmiiboMaster Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#11 Posted: 21:43:30 15/05/2016

Lucario died at the end of Pokémon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

Whatever

Here are some other ideas

Water: Inkling Squid
Life: Isabelle
???: Sonic
---
Gimme all your Amiibos

and Skylanders BTW!
#12 Posted: 21:48:09 15/05/2016
Yoshi would be pretty neat as a life element Skylander.
#13 Posted: 21:55:19 15/05/2016
Sonic is Air, we had more than enough skymiibo idea topics to settle for that. He's been wind aligned in every game with anything involving elements.
---
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#14 Posted: 23:04:30 15/05/2016
Midna would have great potential as a skymiibo for in game play.
#15 Posted: 23:09:29 15/05/2016
Midna is cool(pretty much an OP Nightfall even without the Fused Shadows),but she has bigger lore problems since they'd have to explain why some villain can't just use portals to bring the Twilight to wherever if it's connected. But hey, Hyrule Warriors used time shenanigans, so can we.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:11:45 15/05/2016 by Bifrost
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3367
#16 Posted: 23:51:58 15/05/2016 | Topic Creator

Quote: Muffin Man
I think SkylandrPurists was referring to the fact that Lucario's design is based on Anubis, the egyptian god of the dead.

Quote: Bifrost
Don't you mean Osiris?

Even then, Anubis doesn't so a whole lot of Undead-related. He judges them, that doesn't tend to any element, he manages how their guts are separated, I don't think that needs to be EVER brought up, I think he has some ability over the peoples' souls? But to the ancient egyptians it's a lot more complex than a ghost. Lucario doesn't take much from him other than appearance.

Well, the Anubis thing does make sense, but I honestly couldn't think of any other characters that can be Undead.

Then again, look at smilie, another ancient Egyptian themed Skylander (I know he is a spirit in a suit of armor, but with the mummy references, it makes sense).
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
#17 Posted: 23:59:43 15/05/2016
A random Stalfos(Captain Keeta too hueg) or Poe? If we're going for specific pokémon, we could always go for legacy enemies from Nintendo games.
---
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#18 Posted: 00:30:20 16/05/2016
how about no one. Skymiibos were just a way for Nintendo to push there console over other platforms and i find it terrible. To start I do not even consider the 2 they had as even worth mentioning in anything skylanders. they are not and never will be anything close to a skylander. Second, these console exclusives are not really healthy for the gaming industry, it promotes games to have less content and more DLC content driving the cost of everything up. There are tons of articles about this out there and because of this i try my hardest to not pre-order games or support crazy amounts of DLC ( im looking at you call of duty). Anyways, thats my 2 cents, you guys can keep talking about who you want but im hoping they will never do another crossover like that again. 40 superchargers figures was a lie.
#19 Posted: 00:32:18 16/05/2016
I'm hoping cross-plataform at the most(like it was speculated at the first announcement, having a set for each side of the console wars),but I like the discussion.
---
#20 Posted: 00:40:05 16/05/2016
Quote: Alphawolf
how about no one. Skymiibos were just a way for Nintendo to push there console over other platforms and i find it terrible. To start I do not even consider the 2 they had as even worth mentioning in anything skylanders. they are not and never will be anything close to a skylander. Second, these console exclusives are not really healthy for the gaming industry, it promotes games to have less content and more DLC content driving the cost of everything up. There are tons of articles about this out there and because of this i try my hardest to not pre-order games or support crazy amounts of DLC ( im looking at you call of duty). Anyways, thats my 2 cents, you guys can keep talking about who you want but im hoping they will never do another crossover like that again. 40 superchargers figures was a lie.

Do want some water to dilute that salt? Honestly, Bowser and DK were a perfect fit for Skylanders. They both ooze with personality and have a diverse move pool to draw from because of their vast history in the video game industry. What is also great is that they connect the Skylanders/Spyro universe with the largest universe in all of gaming, Nintendo.
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#21 Posted: 01:24:46 16/05/2016
Hopefully there won't be any more. It's kind of a dead horse but they really breaka core skylanders rule of not working on all consoles.
---
Hahahahaha
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#22 Posted: 16:47:44 16/05/2016
Quote: GaiaMemories
Hopefully there won't be any more. It's kind of a dead horse but they really breaka core skylanders rule of not working on all consoles.

Agree with this so much. The main benefit about SkyLanders is the cross platform functionality, we're okay-ish with the cross over 'Landers, but when it's just to one specific brand, that's a downer to us.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Barrysun Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#23 Posted: 18:41:20 16/05/2016
for me, for those that has been in smash:
Pit and Dark pit ( light and dark respectively
Toon Link , (air element)
Diddy kong (life element)
for non super smash wise
Ruto (water element)
Darunia (fire element)
Midna (dark element)
Twili Midna (dark element)
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#24 Posted: 19:27:23 16/05/2016
My dream character is Cosmic Blast Mewtwo. He'd have a large sword made of dark energy and crystals, but like he does with weapons in Smash, he'd control it using his mind.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#25 Posted: 03:15:03 17/05/2016
Give me King Dede and Yoshi. That will make me happy but really I prefer no more Skymiibos as I want to see more original characters.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#26 Posted: 04:25:45 17/05/2016
I'm still predicting Link and maybe either Kirby or Zelda. I'd like to say Pokemon due to it being the 20th anniversary, since I kind of believe TC DK and HS Bowser were made for Mario's 25th anniversary, but I know how stingy Pokemon is with their copyright. I mean, they didn't even allow sound effects in Super Mario Maker (except for the three starters but those were added later in the game). And this is all of course assuming they even do Skymiibos again.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#27 Posted: 14:20:28 17/05/2016
I'm guessing since the sales of SC hit the garbage bin they're going to re-evaluate the move to platform specific landers--which is contrary to the original vision for Skylanders. I'm a bit worried on their sales WITH the additional star power they had.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:22:45 17/05/2016 by TakeYourLemons
#28 Posted: 02:21:36 19/05/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257
My dream character is Cosmic Blast Mewtwo. He'd have a large sword made of dark energy and crystals, but like he does with weapons in Smash, he'd control it using his mind.

That sounds pretty badass.

Honestly the more I think about it the more I want pokemon to be the next Skymiibos. I mean how often do we actually get to play as them in a 3D action/adventure game? It's a shame the odds of it happening are so low.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#29 Posted: 02:36:02 19/05/2016

That sounds pretty badass.

Honestly the more I think about it the more I want pokemon to be the next Skymiibos. I mean how often do we actually get to play as them in a 3D action/adventure game? It's a shame the odds of it happening are so low.

yea, especially since GameFreak is very protective of the Pokemon franchise, I don't see that happening anytime soon. (still, I wonder HOW the guys who does the Hyperdimenion series get away with joke referencing to the Pokemon series)
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#30 Posted: 06:27:04 20/05/2016
Id rather Acti and Nintendo make some sort of Nintendo-landers game, where your fighting some enemy in the mushroom kingdom or something. Similar to skylanders but with a Nintendo theme etc. Think Mario RPG- legend of the 7 stars but open world like skylanders. Now that would rock...as would a seguel to that game, we can dream cant we?

As for skylanders and skyamiibos.. as i enjoyed playing as Bowser for a few, it was sort of weird to have him in a skylander setting.
#31 Posted: 06:55:35 20/05/2016
Quote: SlayerX11
Id rather Acti and Nintendo make some sort of Nintendo-landers game, where your fighting some enemy in the mushroom kingdom or something. Similar to skylanders but with a Nintendo theme etc. Think Mario RPG- legend of the 7 stars but open world like skylanders. Now that would rock...as would a seguel to that game, we can dream cant we?

As for skylanders and skyamiibos.. as i enjoyed playing as Bowser for a few, it was sort of weird to have him in a skylander setting.

I would also love an amiibo dedicated game, in the same style as skylanders, . I would even get a Wii U or NX to play it, but seeing how nintendo is struggling to release it's core games, I'm losing hopes it will happen. The fact they are including some of their characters in skylanders games makes me wonder they don't plan to do so neither.
---
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#32 Posted: 05:31:56 21/05/2016
Quote: angelg
Quote: SlayerX11

I would also love an amiibo dedicated game, in the same style as skylanders, . I would even get a Wii U or NX to play it, but seeing how nintendo is struggling to release it's core games, I'm losing hopes it will happen. The fact they are including some of their characters in skylanders games makes me wonder they don't plan to do so neither.

Well my thought on the skyammibo thing was them testing the waters to see how their figures would do in the setting. They didnt give them link, mario etc but gave them donkey kong and bowser to try. If they are planning something Id love it as a NX launch thingy.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#33 Posted: 21:18:23 23/05/2016
I think Fox McCloud (Tech) and Kirby (Air) would be the most likely seeing as they were already considered and planned in some way. I'd personally love to see Pit, but I don't know how well he'd fit in Skylanders and he's not nearly as recognizable as the other characters.
#34 Posted: 21:49:16 23/05/2016
Quote: LunarDistortion
I think Fox McCloud (Tech) and Kirby (Air) would be the most likely seeing as they were already considered and planned in some way. I'd personally love to see Pit, but I don't know how well he'd fit in Skylanders and he's not nearly as recognizable as the other characters.

I would love to see Pit as well. His gameplay would fit without problems, he could be a mixture of ranged and melee character thanks to his bow and sword, while his soul gem could be some kind fo boost granted by Paulatena ( power of flight for instance). I don't see any incovenient in his design to be included in the game, as there are others skylanders which look also very "human" (knight Light for instance), while his wings give him this fantastic feeling somehow need on a skylander.

There are other characters which are more recognizable than he is, that's true, but I do see a small possibility for him in sky 7 or 8, as he isn't a minor character neither.

As for sky 6 Kirby, Yoshi, toad, princess peach and fox have strong possibilities. IMO Pit is not too far from these, but I won't lose my hopes yet he may make it in a few years.
---
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#35 Posted: 21:43:50 25/05/2016
Who I would want
magic-mewtwo/zelda
tech-bowser jr/fox
water-king dedede/greninja
earth-lucario/little mac
fire mario/captain falcon
undead-ganondorph/minda
life-yoshi/link
air-kirby/duck hunt duo
light pit/pikachu
dark-meta knight/dark pit
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#36 Posted: 21:49:59 25/05/2016
None, because it was an idea that did not work out in the slightest... I hope this year's Starter Pack situation is less confusing and chaotic
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#37 Posted: 22:50:36 25/05/2016
Heres who I want to see

NONE! smilie
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
MarvelSeer Blue Sparx Gems: 675
#38 Posted: 00:51:30 26/05/2016
Yoshi and Mewtwo would be Awesome!
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie - Missing Legendary Bushwack emoji
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#39 Posted: 01:29:13 26/05/2016
Let me just say characters WON'T get in:

1. Any hero from the Mario series - This includes Mario, Luigi, Peach as well as maybe Rosalina, Toad and Yoshi. I remember reading an article about how Peach was originally planned, but Nintendo said nope because Mario heroes were specifically off limits, and I can understand why. I'm still surprised that they approved Bowser and Donkey Kong, seeing how popular they are. I don't know what this means for characters Wario, considering he is an anti-heroes and not as major.

2. Any Kirby character - This is a sad realization, but Kirby and friends will probably never make it into Skylands. This is because Kirby is owned by HAL Laboratories as well as Nintendo, therefore making it almost impossible to earn the rights for these characters. As stated by the same article that explained Peach's reasons for being unapproved, Kirby was also planned, and even got to the stage of gameplay development, I believe. However, the reason I said was the reason that he was eventually rejected. It's a shame too, because I wanted a King Dedede Skymiibo really badly.

3. Any main hero in the series - This includes people like Mario, Samus, Fox and Link. Ideas with characters like these in it are most likely to get vetoed for one reason: they are the flagship character of their series, and therefore play the most important role. If they were added into the series, it might draw popularity away from their roots and to their Skylanders appearance. I can imagine a kid who's never heard of Samus before imagine that she is a Skylanders original character. It's clear why Nintendo wouldn't want that.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
ImDoubleTrouble Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#40 Posted: 01:58:44 26/05/2016
These Skymiibos really put me off last year, the fact they are locked to Nintendo consoles makes it unfair, especially when all the characters and games til that point were playable on any console. So unless they are usable on all consoles, I don't want any more of them.
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
#41 Posted: 02:44:04 26/05/2016
3. Any main hero in the series - This includes people like Mario, Samus, Fox and Link. Ideas with characters like these in it are most likely to get vetoed for one reason: they are the flagship character of their series, and therefore play the most important role. If they were added into the series, it might draw popularity away from their roots and to their Skylanders appearance. I can imagine a kid who's never heard of Samus before imagine that she is a Skylanders original character. It's clear why Nintendo wouldn't want that.

Donkey Kong is the main hero in his series. Also the only reason they didn't go with Fox is because they didn't want it to steal attention from Star Fox Zero, and the only reason they didn't use Kirby was because they'd have to get permission from Hal. It's really only Mario heroes that they don't want to use. Other heroes are fair game as long as nothing else gets in the way.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:44:38 26/05/2016 by Muffin Man
#42 Posted: 22:59:28 26/05/2016

Donkey Kong is the main hero in his series. Also the only reason they didn't go with Fox is because they didn't want it to steal attention from Star Fox Zero, and the only reason they didn't use Kirby was because they'd have to get permission from Hal. It's really only Mario heroes that they don't want to use. Other heroes are fair game as long as nothing else gets in the way.

I wouldn't mind giving some one shoted characters a try out, like what W-Mega/Team Ninja force did with alot of characters from the legend of Zelda series in Hyrule warriors. I think they should focus on some of the minor co.stars that might need some new popularity.
like Marcus from Star fox command, (his only appearance is at an ending)
Saria from ocarina of time.
and a couple of minor NPC/playables make a playable appearance.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#43 Posted: 02:59:21 27/05/2016
Let me just say characters WON'T get in:

1. Any hero from the Mario series - This includes Mario, Luigi, Peach as well as maybe Rosalina, Toad and Yoshi. I remember reading an article about how Peach was originally planned, but Nintendo said nope because Mario heroes were specifically off limits, and I can understand why. I'm still surprised that they approved Bowser and Donkey Kong, seeing how popular they are. I don't know what this means for characters Wario, considering he is an anti-heroes and not as major.

2. Any Kirby character - This is a sad realization, but Kirby and friends will probably never make it into Skylands. This is because Kirby is owned by HAL Laboratories as well as Nintendo, therefore making it almost impossible to earn the rights for these characters. As stated by the same article that explained Peach's reasons for being unapproved, Kirby was also planned, and even got to the stage of gameplay development, I believe. However, the reason I said was the reason that he was eventually rejected. It's a shame too, because I wanted a King Dedede Skymiibo really badly.

Actually. Hal is very willing to cross anything over with Kirby

See: Smash Bros
Stunt Race FX
(Especially this one) Taiko: Drum Master - Dokodon! Mystery Adventure
[User Posted Image]
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#44 Posted: 17:46:36 27/05/2016
Here are my ideas:

Whip-Splash Inkling Girl - Water
Cosmic Cloud Kirby - Air
Battle Bot ROB - Tech
Parasol Power Peach - Magic
Fairy Folly Link - Life
Flaming Fury Mario - Fire
Piercing Arrows Pit - Light
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Pokemon2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3814
#45 Posted: 12:47:38 28/05/2016
I want a Falco one.
---
Moved to TimDrake, talk to me there.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#46 Posted: 15:13:45 28/05/2016
nintendo have great game characters but you know what i dont want skymiibos. i have tried dk in superchargers, and i took him off the portal after 15min. it might just be me but it didnt feel like a skylander game when playing dk.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#47 Posted: 20:31:14 29/05/2016
In my opinion i reallt hope Skymiibos where a one time thing.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#48 Posted: 01:11:38 31/05/2016
I just thought of something... What if they used the Inkling Girl from Splatoon as an Skymiibo?

I mean, Splatoon is still a fresh new IP from Nintendo that's popular among Nintendo fans, and they do have amiibo functionality in Splatoon.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
MarvelSeer Blue Sparx Gems: 675
#49 Posted: 02:30:45 31/05/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
I just thought of something... What if they used the Inkling Girl from Splatoon as an Skymiibo?

I mean, Splatoon is still a fresh new IP from Nintendo that's popular among Nintendo fans, and they do have amiibo functionality in Splatoon.

I think they just turned 1 so there is a great guess.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie - Missing Legendary Bushwack emoji
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#50 Posted: 02:36:38 31/05/2016
tbh i can see there's wishful thinking on this, but i really think it's going to be something of a fad they even tried that for superchargers and for another game nintendo's not going to put any characters out there at this point since amiibos took off on their own. considering they are real picky on which of their characters they would license out for this sort of thing, i highly doubt there'll be new ones in the next installment. i'd be more worried on the compatibility of dk and bowser in the next game. they might only be tied to that installment and not allowed to go forward.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me