darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Suggestion discussion for a future game - legacy stuff?
Page 1 of 1
Suggestion discussion for a future game - legacy stuff?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#1 Posted: 17:58:38 01/05/2016 | Topic Creator
I probably misworded my title and people will think it's a thing. Can't think of any better way to phrase it right now.

I've been thinking - many games as they build up a franchise start having one or another where we visit older locations at a different time or a full on homage to it - look no further than any Zelda set in Hyrule, or how any Kirby game is going to have its version of Green Greens(though not the same place, always a grassy field as the first world). What if we had those for Skylanders?
We had places revisited in the comics already - Malefor was sealed in the Cadaverous Crypt, we looked one last time at Know-it-All Island before it became rock dust(RIP), but I'm talking the games. Which places should we be giving a second look at? Keep in mind this is different from 'What places do you want to see in Skylanders 6', it has to be a specific level.

I think we haven't seen enough of the Golden Desert and its Golden Temple just yet. Aside from everything involving the Golden Queen's past, it's just really interesting that area names and the design implies this used to be a living civilization with her or without her - what could've turned a prosperous Aztec/Egyptian city into a decaying ruin for all sorts of ancient Undead?
Another place is the World of Wonders Park from Giants 3DS. Doesn't need to be that place since it seemed to be on its last legs,and we've had festivals and carnivals before, but never a straight up amusement park other than that one and the Pandercastles(which.... naaaah). Considering it's the perfect place for monster and villain attacks, it's suprising we don't have more of those, and would be interesting to see what could be done with roller coasters and whatnot in a console game.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:55:40 15/05/2016 by Bifrost
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#2 Posted: 18:45:13 01/05/2016
What I'd like to see:

Leviathan Lagoon or Shattered Island
Wood burrow? I dunno...
The Cloud Breather's Crag (Without vehicle sections)

I'd also like the adventure pack levels to come back. I would love to see Dragon's Peak with the new graphics, though Cloud Kingdom was close enough.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#3 Posted: 18:48:34 01/05/2016
I have been thinking of this for some time. I think that it would be good to visit Stormy Stronghold again, maybe enter inside the "castle". I would say Shattered Island too, but you know what happened...

Maybe revisit Time of the Giants, and see the Arkeyan Constructions again, now as ruins. Arkeyan Armory would also be interesting.

And... What happened to Know-it-All Island exactly? Just for curiosity.
---
Bruh
#4 Posted: 18:52:57 01/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Know-it-All Island got crushed by a Rift opened by Kaos while he was doing the first tests on the Sky Eater. Stoneheads turned into dust pretty quickly and the island went right after, probably the first character(s) that gets an onscreen death in the series.

One of the Giants cutscenes implies that the old construction site is near Rumbletown, so it extends to that as well if the island didn't drift off.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:53:16 01/05/2016 by Bifrost
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#5 Posted: 18:54:55 01/05/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Know-it-All Island got crushed by a Rift opened by Kaos while he was doing the first tests on the Sky Eater. Stoneheads turned into dust pretty quickly and the island went right after, probably the first character(s) that gets an onscreen death in the series.

That happened in the comics or the games? Quite unexpected.
---
Bruh
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#6 Posted: 18:57:33 01/05/2016
Quote: Crash10
Quote: Bifrost

That happened in the comics or the games? Quite unexpected.

Comics.
#7 Posted: 14:58:31 15/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Alright, just levels doesn't seem interesting enough. What about legacy bosses and other things?

Maybe Beachcomber wants a personal meeting so you know how much those punches hurt. Or your Skaletones challengers decided to have their own band, zero skeletons, and challenge everyone at once. What specific continuity would make you happy?
---
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#8 Posted: 03:54:51 16/05/2016
The only legacy content I really care that much about in Skylanders is having our entire collection function in a meaningful way ( IE, not like Superchargers smilie ). Going back to older locations or meeting previous characters/bosses would be a great bonus, but just let me use my Traps as TRAPS ( with playable villains ), my battle/magic items as originally intended, and my adventure items as screen clearing blasts ( preferably tailored to the toy, like cannon fire from Pirate Seas, ice blast from Empire of Ice etc ), and my Skylanders be able to open gates regardless of which game they originally came out with ( though I CAN understand a little why Swappers, Giants, Trap Masters, Vehicles, Superchargers and Villains might not be given exclusive areas & whatnot in later entries...though that's why I think a free to play game with digital Instants of all characters & adventure stages available via microtransactions for those who don't want to collect the toys would be a perfect idea )
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#9 Posted: 05:12:07 16/05/2016
I like the idea of Instants for Wash Buckler/Blast Zone (Though I have no idea how the swapping would work), Tree Rex, Snap Shot, and obviously Spitfire.

There are way too many levels I'd love to go back to that they'd probably just have to remake SSA and Giants. But just to pick a few....
Perilous Pastures (I really liked the overall design of this level)
Sky Schooner Docks (Same as above. Also really liked the invading the airspace vibe it had)
Stonetown (Again overall level design)
Quicksilver Vault (I think we can all agree we'd love to go back here. It would probably be like the Vault of The Ancients except 5 times as blue)
Dragon's Peak (The connection between it and Cloud Kingdom really only stops at the kingdom-like aspects of them. I'd say comparing DP to CK is like comparing Hawaii to like England or something. Idk, I just see Dragon's Peak as much more of a series of smaller islands)
Darklight Crypt (I think this level would be really interesting with the current engine. Also the fact that dark and light are both officially elements now makes the title seem kinda weird)
Empire of Ice (This was the only SSA adventure pack I had and surely enough I loved it the most. I replayed it over and over again even though the ice physics sometimes made me want to smash my xbox into a wall)
Cutthroat Carnival (I really like the level design and the overall feel.)
Secret Vault of Secrets (I definitely really liked how this was just little bits and pieces of this really expansive canyon area in Skylands. It gave the level a wait for it... gigantic atomsphere)
Troll Home Security (This and Kaos' Kastle are literally my two favorite levels ever. Period.)
Kaos' Kastle (Like pretty much everything on this list I really like the level design. Also Kaos made some really good architectural choices)
Aerial Attack (Even though we blew it up I think it was a pretty cool giant ghost boat)
Drill-X's Big Rig (Drill-X. 'Nuff said.)
Molekin Mountain (I liked how this level went from being just outside to being inside the mountain)
The Oracle (I think it'd just be funny to play this level over and over again just to hear the Oracle say your Skylanders' name. That just made it more immersive)
The Lost City of Arkus (I just really like Kaos' announcements)
Mount Cloudbreak (Beautiful level)
Cascade Glade (Beautiful level)
Mudwater Hollow (Well designed)
Rampant Ruins (I love everything about this level. Well except maybe the boss fight)
Iron Jaw Gulch (I also really think this level is well designed and just generally really pretty)
Motleyville (I really like the design here too)
Fantasm Forest (I'd love to see what this place would look like minus the purple fire everywhere)
Tower of Time (Only Adventure Pack I had from SF. Really like the atmosphere)

Can we just admit Swap Force was the prettiest looking game.
KingDedede Red Sparx Gems: 59
#10 Posted: 06:59:06 16/05/2016
Quote: isaac343018s

Troll Home Security (This and Kaos' Kastle are literally my two favorite levels ever. Period.)

Yes, Swap Force is the best looking. I almost can't go back to the first two games because of it. But seriously, Troll Home Security is my favorite level in Skylanders. It is so good! I love the part where you are just bob and weaving between the giant cannon balls (Missiles?). It was just so good!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#11 Posted: 10:08:26 16/05/2016
Don't agree.

Adventure Packs (and maybe Dual Elemental Zones) aside I find SWAP Force to have the most uninspired level design in general and SuperChargers pretty much beats it in terms of pure graphics.

Design wise TfB games are my favorite and while I do admit both SWAP Force and SuperChargers have gorgeous visuals I am still convinced Trap Team is the best overall.

Speaking of pure designs... Most likely SA.
Perfect balance of joyful and creepy areas with the whimsical mood I find lacking in V.V.'s titles.

I would like if they could bring back certain 3DS levels for the console versions, obviously expanded.
I would also like to see more of Spell Punk Library and The Ruins (maybe as a proper level this time).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#12 Posted: 18:38:37 16/05/2016
A few years ago I wouldn't have cared about revisiting old places in games, but that changed when I played Metal Gear solid 4, where there was a very emotional moment related to past places. In this sense the only place I can think about for skylanders is the hub of sky1 or even, some of the classic levels of spyro 1, 2 and 3 (even meeting some of the characters that were located at those levels).
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#13 Posted: 15:08:07 04/06/2016
Games we already know
Spyro's Adventure (2011)
Giants (2012)
SWAP Force (2013)
Trap Team (2014)
SuperChargers (2015)
Imaginators (2016)

Future Games predictions

Vicarious Visions
20 gimmicklanders

Toys for Bob
30 gimmicklanders

Sorry if this isn't the right topic to post this.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#14 Posted: 19:04:12 17/07/2022
yes this aged like old cheese, vicarious vision dont exist anymore. toys for bob is hanging on to a thin string and work on cod warzone, and can be axed by activision like vicarious vision any moment.

https://www.toysforbob.com/

skylanders are dead and never coming back by the look of it, and spyro4 is just a dream at the moment.. darkspyro should be renamed to 'Stuff and Nonsense' since thats where all the people that is left in this place are posting now days. except me the one and only die hard skylander fan that is left.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:13:48 17/07/2022 by CountMoneyBone
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me