darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Bala brothers leaving Activision to pursue new projects
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Bala brothers leaving Activision to pursue new projects
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#51 Posted: 04:16:32 09/04/2016
I hope they have good luck in their future ventures.

gotta start the page positive.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#52 Posted: 09:59:09 10/04/2016
Good idea. The last page was horrendous.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#53 Posted: 03:50:42 11/04/2016
TFB is making Sky 6, so we don't have to be worried about that. They'll for sure work their magic on it. Sky 7 I feel may get better without these two. Never really liked Guha anyway, he literally gave us the most vague and non-information answers one could possibly give.

I'm just glad Lou isn't leaving. Lou is my favorite.

I feel Swap Force was a great game, but SC really brought the series downhill. The only really good feature they added was online, it's really the only feature making the game worth a damn after the first run through.

Either way, I'm interested to see what they have in store for us in two years.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#54 Posted: 04:00:12 11/04/2016
I just completed Superchargers a few days ago. I honestly didn't dislike it. Weakest entry in the series, in my opinion, but I've come to expect that from the VV games.

In my honest opinion, TFB makes the better Skylanders games. Not trying to start a war here, just my two cents. That being said, Sky6 gives me a lot of hope. Potentially seeing the return of villains, better storyline, level design, character designs.

The fanbase always seemed divided on the VV console games. I remember SF's reactions being mostly positive but a lot of fans talked about how different it felt. Like the magic was fading.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#55 Posted: 10:42:10 11/04/2016
I don't think Lou is from either team, he's just franchise producer in general.

On SF, the Magic literally was fading. I know I say this all the time, but after a friend pointed out, the sheer amount of techy stuff everywhere gets in my nerves on both games. Why is there Shock And Bolt locks in an ancient forest when they're super advanced? Why are there random gears and wrenches on Buzz' place if he doesn't mess with that and his area is the most intact? Don't get me started with the furnace pillar asset they use a ton and not just in the Academy.
Dave doesn't make a bad job out of it at least, but that he still insists that the entire place should look post-industrial revolution when most of Skylands is medieval, he does.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:43:05 11/04/2016 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#56 Posted: 11:47:53 11/04/2016
Quote: Bifrost
I don't think Lou is from either team, he's just franchise producer in general.

On SF, the Magic literally was fading. I know I say this all the time, but after a friend pointed out, the sheer amount of techy stuff everywhere gets in my nerves on both games. Why is there Shock And Bolt locks in an ancient forest when they're super advanced? Why are there random gears and wrenches on Buzz' place if he doesn't mess with that and his area is the most intact? Don't get me started with the furnace pillar asset they use a ton and not just in the Academy.
Dave doesn't make a bad job out of it at least, but that he still insists that the entire place should look post-industrial revolution when most of Skylands is medieval, he does.

Aaaah, yeah, so true.

That's sincerely one of the things I hope will change, now that the Bros are gone.

Don't get me wrong, I know the whole team likes techy and mechanical stuff, robots and vehicles but I am convinced Guha in particular wanted to push them as much as possible.
He seemed the only one truly obsessed with his vehicle fantasy.

TfB has proven to handle tech and mechanical features perfectly but never abuse of them.
Rainfish Riviera has ships, metal buildings and mechanical cranes but still feels like a "medieval" fantasy pirate hideout.
Future of Skylands is completely different but has an excuse for being so technological obviously.
Golden Desert and Soda Springs have little to no tech in them.

V.V. instead needs to push those features even where they don't properly belong.
Even a fantasy/nature ancient themed level like Vault of the Ancients still has landmines, enemy vehicles and, of course, the vehicles you use.
Speaking about the vehicles... They could have at least made them look more fantasy than technological but nope.

So, a fast recap.
SuperChargers (which is most likely V.V.'s secret dream brought to life, from this point of view) features:
- techy aesthetics decorations;
- techy vehicles, both playable and enemy ones;
- techy settings for most of the game;
- "techy" outfits and new Skylanders (I think Splat and Nightfall could be the most fantasy ones);
- robots, machines and contraptions;
- a final boss which is fantasy like for most of the game and then suddendly gains a robotic armor because why not?

I accept both styles (one could say Kaos relies one year on "magic" and the other on "tech") but definitely prefer TfB because in my opinion has the right balance of both.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:50:52 11/04/2016 by Drek95
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#57 Posted: 12:41:29 11/04/2016

Cause it's a place of magic and adventure? I can rip any entry to shreds, actually.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#58 Posted: 12:45:19 11/04/2016
It's fine in specific places where it makes sense,like Time Town or any of the factories/millitary related places or even specific areas inside levels where you'd find machinery anyway. Fantasy can't justify everything,especially science, and especially with the lore saying Tech-enhanced areas are where people advanced through technology so fast. A Mabu settlement in the middle of nowhere not so much,or a forest village like Woodburrow where people still wear leaves and pretty vines for ropes.

Think of it like having a bunch if pipes and cogs doing whatever along the pillars in Dragon's Peak. Unless that was a Tech area, a lush temple shouldn't really have that at all - but several locations of SF and SC do.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:27:34 11/04/2016 by Bifrost
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#59 Posted: 14:34:54 11/04/2016
It's fine in specific places where it makes sense,like Time Town or any of the factories/millitary related places or even specific areas inside levels where you'd find machinery anyway. Fantasy can't justify everything,especially science, and especially with the lore saying Tech-enhanced areas are where people advanced through technology so fast. A Mabu settlement in the middle of nowhere not so much,or a forest village like Woodburrow where people still wear leaves and pretty vines for ropes.

Think of it like having a bunch if pipes and cogs doing whatever along the pillars in Dragon's Peak. Unless that was a Tech area, a lush temple shouldn't really have that at all - but several locations of SF and SC do.

I've never enjoyed VV's undead areas either, but it boils down to aesthetics. Problem for some people is that it can "kill" a mood that should be key for a given area...so while I understand, it's personally not a deal breaker for me.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me