Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE All purpose
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE All purpose
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1 Posted: 03:38:54 03/04/2016 | Topic Creator

US release date: June 24th 2016
https://days.to/24-june/2016 countdown clock to the day of release
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#2 Posted: 08:48:15 03/04/2016
I've literally never been more excited and hyped for a game than TMS#FE.

I bought the amazingly huuuge artbook, the Vocal Collection CD, the guide books, and I'm working on completing a collection of all of the TMS#FE Fire Emblem Cipher trading cards (only missing the 10 rarest cards now)... I even bought the Japanese Fortissimo Edition (for the small artbook, CD and Cipher card)...
I want to show my support for the game as much as I can, cause I can already tell that it'll most likely be my game of the year. And my favourite JRPG of all time.

Kinda amusing considering I've never been much of a Atlus or Fire Emblem fan... Well, I like playing as Fire Emblem characters in Smash Bros., but that's about it. :P

Soooo ready for June 24th!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:48:43 03/04/2016 by FireMeowth
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#3 Posted: 22:42:00 03/04/2016
Kind of expected them to not use English VA's considering how poorly the game sold in Japan. Thankfully it didn't end up being a digital-only release which is amazing, since I love the boxart (and don't have space on my Wii U because Nintendo thinks 32GB is sufficient).
---
words. letters. filler.
#4 Posted: 23:12:42 03/04/2016
I remember when I was watching the Direct last month and they revealed that they're keeping the Japanese voices and songs instead of dubbing them - I literally screamed and nearly cried for joy... (And the next day I rushed to the store and pre-ordered it.) I was so terrified that the game would be ruined by dub-only, as so many Atlus games are. And it would of course have been especially bad in a game with so many extremely Japanese songs.

That announcement was keeping me ecstatic for days afterwards. Good times... : )
#5 Posted: 18:46:00 20/04/2016
I feel like a bump is in order here for some super awesome news: Earlier today, Nintendo announced that both Europe and the US will be getting a special edition of the game, just like Japan did!

European Fortissimo Edition | American Special Edition

In fact, it's almost exactly like the Japanese Fortissimo Edition, complete with the same artbook and CD. It also has cards with song lyrics (for the six songs on the CD, I assume), a sticker sheet and download codes for all 5 of the game's DLC packs (and don't worry, the DLC packs will also be available individually through the Wii U eShop if you're not getting the Fortissimo/Special Edition).

So yeah, this has been the best day for me since the Nintendo Direct. I'm not even annoyed that I already imported the Japanese Fortissimo Edition cause I thought we'd never get it. It was totally worth it just for the exclusive Cipher card anyways. :P

(Also, I like how Americans clearly don't understand fancy words like fortissimo.)
#6 Posted: 00:47:45 21/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Thank you meowth, in fact could you alert me on any further news? (Or necro/double post when news comes out so this thread is as informative as it can)
---
#7 Posted: 08:04:57 21/04/2016
Of course! I want to spread awareness for the game and I'd love for more people to share in the hype, so I'll definitely try to keep the thread up to date when new details are revealed.
...Well, I'm not sure we'll be getting more announcements before the game is released, though. We might get a launch trailer, I suppose, but it's unlikely to have much new footage/information compared to the numerous Japanese trailers.

Actually, I might as well throw in a link to the playlist of all the Japanese videos, including character trailers for all ten of the main characters, several longer trailers and the Treehouse Live@E3 footage from last year.
Click to increase hype!

Only a bit over two months to go!!
#8 Posted: 19:02:16 22/04/2016
Wow, that didn't take long - we already got a new trailer!

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - First Beats Trailer

...Though it's less a trailer and more like a summary of the first part of the game (up to what I assume is the first boss), so please note that it contains some PRETTY BIG SPOILERS that I'm sure some of us would prefer to enter the game without knowing about.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#9 Posted: 19:51:12 22/04/2016
Its going to be localized by Atlus.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#10 Posted: 20:34:20 22/04/2016
Quote: parisruelz12

*being localized by Atlus
---
words. letters. filler.
#11 Posted: 00:56:11 23/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: FireMeowth
Wow, that didn't take long - we already got a new trailer!

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - First Beats Trailer

...Though it's less a trailer and more like a summary of the first part of the game (up to what I assume is the first boss), so please note that it contains some PRETTY BIG SPOILERS that I'm sure some of us would prefer to enter the game without knowing about.

Oh thanks, I did some blind spoiling for myself on the first chapter and can confirm that this is a SPOILER video. Do not click unless you want to be spoiled of approximately the first hour (or 2 hours?)of the game. Pretty sure 1 hour but could be 2

Edit: Double checked with my blind letsplay I was watching, this spoils the first hour of the game.

Also firemeowth can you link me a video of Reincarnation (Game's main these) with the english lyrics on screen?
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:23:35 23/04/2016 by Windumup
#12 Posted: 07:42:31 23/04/2016
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

*being localized by Atlus

My bad.

Actually, it's going to be localized by Atlus..with instructions from NoA.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:46:30 26/04/2016 by parisruelz12
#13 Posted: 05:38:41 12/05/2016
We've got some new info, this time detailing the DLC! :D
http://www.nintendo.com/whatsn...YDJQs9Tt0_M2OGt

Quote: Nintendo.com
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE gets even better with DLC

The upcoming Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE game for the Wii U console will launch June 24. And now fans can also look forward to downloadable content (DLC) that’ll be available on the same day!

This RPG game fuses strategic, turn-based combat with over-the-top, pop-culture style. You’ll be able to expand the game right away with new costumes and items via five DLC packs, available for purchase on Nintendo eShop.

The packs include:

Costume Set

Get new costumes for Itsuki, Tsubasa, Touma and Kiria.

Tokyo Millennium Collection

Participate in a fashion show and get extra outfits for Tsubasa, Kiria and Eleonora.

EXPeditious Hunter

Battle through a dungeon filled with enemies that yield experience.

Masterful Hunter

Gain materials used to level up weapons by fighting enemies in this dungeon.

Savage Hunter

Defeat difficult enemies in this dungeon to earn rare items.

EXPeditious Hunter, Masterful Hunter and Savage Hunter DLC can also be purchased together for a reduced price** in the Hunter Support Quest Pack. Learn more about Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE here.

*Broadband internet connection required. The registration of Nintendo Network ID and acceptance of the Nintendo Network Agreement and Privacy Policy are required.

**Please check Nintendo eShop to get the latest pricing information.
#14 Posted: 13:45:44 12/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Thank you FireMeowth, do we have prices for the DLC yet?
---
#15 Posted: 15:24:17 12/05/2016
We do have prices for the US, yes (except for the Hunter Support Quest Pack bundle). Here's what the announcement of the Special Edition said:

"When the Wii U game launches on June 24, it will also launch with a one-of-a-kind special edition available at GameStop and Amazon.com. The special edition contains the Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE game, a 5x8 color artbook, a six-song soundtrack CD featuring some of the game’s awesome music, six song cards and a sticker sheet at a suggested retail price of $79.99. The bundle will also contain DLC codes for all five sets of planned downloadable content. Releasing at launch, the five DLC packs contain additional quests or costumes, and will cost $1.99 each if purchased separately outside of the special edition."
#16 Posted: 00:23:11 13/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Alright so about 10$ US for the full wave 1. (less depending on the Hunter Bundle's price).
Thanks once again
---
#17 Posted: 14:28:48 17/05/2016
The official UK website has been updated with tons of information.
#18 Posted: 22:54:09 17/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Nice, keep up the news watching PyroMeowth ^-^ (you don't mind this nickname right?)
---
#19 Posted: 12:16:13 20/05/2016
I almost missed this because it was strangely only uploaded to Nintendo Germany's youtube channel, but here's the wonderful intro video from the game.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - Intro Video (Wii U)

Just five weeks to go now!!

Quote: Windumup
(you don't mind this nickname right?)

Of course not. :3

EDIT:

And suddenly, a series of in-universe (well, kinda) trailer/starter's guide videos has started on Nintendo America's youtube channel! Here's the first episode!

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE – Hyped for Combat

I'm glad to see they'll be marketing this game a lot more than I expected. smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:45:34 20/05/2016 by FireMeowth
#20 Posted: 19:39:38 20/05/2016
..I..Think I'm gonna take my money elsewhere.

*Crosses this off of the list.*
---
#21 Posted: 21:56:25 20/05/2016
The marketing for this game is terrible lmao it's making people think the game is bad.
---
words. letters. filler.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#22 Posted: 00:28:48 21/05/2016
i honestly don't know if i should get this...
---
My life is complete.
#23 Posted: 06:31:49 21/05/2016
..I..Think I'm gonna take my money elsewhere.

*Crosses this off of the list.*

Quote: TacoMakerSkys
The marketing for this game is terrible lmao it's making people think the game is bad.

I hope people aren't seriously overreacting this much to a silly tongue-in-cheek trailer for a very quirky game. :/
I really like it, personally. I would get along great with DJ MasterSeal.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:32:49 21/05/2016 by FireMeowth
#24 Posted: 06:39:52 22/05/2016
If anyone's going to be in New York next week:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE Preview Event

Quote:
Nintendo is hosting an exclusive preview event for Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and you’re invited! The upcoming Wii U game is a stylish new RPG from Nintendo and ATLUS inspired by the popular Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem series. Oozing with style, it’s filled with high-energy battles featuring an explosive color palette and over-the-top characters so fashion forward they might as well be from the future! You really have to experience it for yourself – and now you can. Attendees will be able to play the game before it launches and receive some fun Nintendo items, while supplies last.

WHEN
Thursday, May 26, 2016 from 4:30 PM to 7:00 PM (EDT)
WHERE
Nintendo NY - 10 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10020, United States

I'm so jealous... Especially if those "fun Nintendo items" = TMS#FE merch...
#25 Posted: 09:41:00 22/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Shame I wont be able to attend, regardless thank you PyroMeowth and this means we could get more preview footage of the english gameplay.
---
#26 Posted: 09:59:35 22/05/2016
^as long as we don't have that cringey narrator again, im fine.
---
#27 Posted: 16:17:03 26/05/2016
Nintendo Germany posted another video, this time the music video for Tsubasa's "Feel"!

#28 Posted: 00:08:29 27/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Thanks PyroMeowth, listening to this game's music is fun ^-^
---
#29 Posted: 17:25:04 01/06/2016
We've got yet another trailer! This time it's Europe's story trailer, which thankfully doesn't have quite as major spoilers as NoA's "First Beats" video...

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - Story trailer (Wii U)

We've almost only got three weeks to go!!
#30 Posted: 21:18:05 01/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Thanks again PyroMeowth for your dedication to news watching
here is a cute meowth pic in your honor [User Posted Image]
---
#31 Posted: 15:46:53 02/06/2016
We're getting another look at the game during Nintendo's Treehouse Live @ E3 show:

Quote:
Day 2 of Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3 will showcase upcoming releases for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, including Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE! Day 2 will start with a special Pokémon GO developer Q&A at 10 a.m. PT on June 15

And it's on my birthday, too! Looking forward to it. :)
#32 Posted: 16:26:42 02/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: FireMeowth
We're getting another look at the game during Nintendo's Treehouse Live @ E3 show:

Quote:
Day 2 of Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3 will showcase upcoming releases for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, including Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE! Day 2 will start with a special Pokémon GO developer Q&A at 10 a.m. PT on June 15

And it's on my birthday, too! Looking forward to it. smilie

Nice! smilie
---
#33 Posted: 18:22:15 03/06/2016
And as we hit the three-week mark, here's the second episode of DJ MasterSeal's Now in Session!

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE – Mastering Dungeons

EDIT:

And Nintendo Germany posted another video, too! The music video for Kiria's "Reincarnation"!

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:43:49 03/06/2016 by FireMeowth
#34 Posted: 21:10:39 03/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Great job with news watching, much appreciated

Also 3 week mark HYPE
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:11:18 03/06/2016 by Windumup
#35 Posted: 23:16:18 06/06/2016
GameXplain has made an unboxing video of the American Special Edition, if you want a closer look at the wonderful contents. :)

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE Special Edition UNBOXING + Artbook Preview

EDIT:
They also posted a video showing the first 15 minutes of the game, but there'll obviously be quite a few spoilers there, so I'll let you find that on your own if you're interested.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 08:17:17 07/06/2016 by FireMeowth
#36 Posted: 15:29:22 07/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Yep I saw their is a first 15 minute spoiler, I already seen about 2 hours of the game blindly so I may check out the english spoiler 15 minutes.
---
#37 Posted: 16:43:22 09/06/2016
The game's eShop page has been added to the European eShop.

Code:
 Title			Tokyo Mirage Sessions™ ♯FE
 Release Date		24/06/2016
 Publisher		Nintendo
 Genre			RPG
 Required Space		16.7 GB
 Number of Players	1 player
 Language		English

Software Description

Two worlds. One heroic destiny.

Once there was a group of young people who had no idea of the awesome powers
  they possessed. Meanwhile, in another dimension, a collection of heroes had lost all
  purpose and sense of themselves. Now, that's all about to change...

In Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE, a unique RPG for Wii U, budding stars of the stage
  and screen from Tokyo team up with legendary warriors from the world of Fire
  Emblem against the forces of darkness.

- Aim for the top of the entertainment industry and protect the world in a stylish RPG
  - Explore Tokyo and delve into the creepy dungeons of the Idolasphere
  - Put on your best performance in over-the-top turn-based battles
  - Stay in touch with other characters, view maps and see battle stats on the Wii U
  GamePad

Please note: Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE is only available with Japanese voiceover
  and English on-screen text.

Compatible Features / Accessories

Supported Controllers
   The following controllers are required to play this game.
   • Wii U GamePad
   The following controllers are optional.
   • Wii U Pro Controller

Supported Functions
   • Supported Resolutions: 480i, 480p, 1080i, 720p, 1080p

I guess there's not much new information there - except maybe the required space for those planning to download the game - buuut I typed it all out anyways. It helped pass the time at least a tiny bit as I wait totally (im)patiently for two more weeks... :P
#38 Posted: 15:25:15 11/06/2016
English character trailers! At least for the three first main characters.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - Meet Itsuki (Wii U)

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - Meet Tsubasa (Wii U)

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - Meet Touma Akagi (Wii U)
#39 Posted: 00:00:14 16/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Sweet, also we are almost at the 1 week wait mark. GET HYPED! 9 days left as of this post
---
#40 Posted: 13:46:24 16/06/2016 | Topic Creator
8 Days left
---
#41 Posted: 16:36:04 16/06/2016
Just over a week to go, yeah... It feels almost surreal that we're so close!

Some new videos, too - the E3 trailer and the segment showcasing the game on the Treehouse stream.
SPOILER WARNING for both of these, of course - especially the latter.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - Official Game Trailer - Nintendo E3 2016

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - Demonstration - Nintendo E3 2016
#42 Posted: 14:10:40 17/06/2016 | Topic Creator
7 days to go!!!!!
The last week to go
---
#43 Posted: 21:56:40 18/06/2016 | Topic Creator
6 days
---
#44 Posted: 16:54:31 19/06/2016 | Topic Creator
5 Days omgod it's SUPER CLOSE
---
#45 Posted: 10:57:50 20/06/2016
Only four days to go now! :D

Also, Nintendo of Europe's weekly eShop press release revealed the European prices for the DLC:

Quote: NoE PR
Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE Atlus Collaboration Costume Set (Nintendo, Add-On Content) - €1.99/£1.79
Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE Tokyo Millennium Collection (Nintendo, Add-On Content) - €1.99/£1.79
Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE Mirage Hunter (EXP) (Nintendo, Add-On Content) - €1.99/£1.79
Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE Mirage Hunter (Mastery) (Nintendo, Add-On Content) - €1.99/£1.79
Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE Tokyo Mirage Hunter (Savage Festival) (Nintendo, Add-On Content) - €1.99/£1.79

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE 3 Support Quest Set (Nintendo, Add-On Content) - €4.99/£4.49
#46 Posted: 12:31:41 20/06/2016 | Topic Creator
That 4 day HYPE
---
#47 Posted: 20:48:14 21/06/2016 | Topic Creator
3 Days hype
---
#48 Posted: 13:03:58 22/06/2016 | Topic Creator
TWO DAYS!!!!!
---
#49 Posted: 18:48:50 22/06/2016
Reviews are pouring in and are insanely positive! The game currently has a Metacritic score of 84, with two reviews giving it 9.5/10!

Just two short days to go... I'm so excited! :D
#50 Posted: 10:03:33 23/06/2016 | Topic Creator
ONE DAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me