darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 631 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#31501 Posted: 23:57:05 22/04/2019
Oh hey that’s actually pretty cool, thanks for the links! Say, I’m gonna listen to the Ninja class music from Imaginators, I remember that being pretty good.
[User Posted Image]
Wait what
---
Soon.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#31502 Posted: 22:59:48 23/04/2019
Unused Imaginator classes...huh. Who knew? Might be worth putting into the prototype thread, especially considering all the unused music that was discovered.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#31503 Posted: 15:38:44 17/05/2019
Would be interesting if there is any concept art for Summoner Class, Ringmaster Class and/or Commando Class.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#31504 Posted: 17:37:52 17/05/2019
Man this franchise really got canceled huh
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:38:09 17/05/2019 by JohnnySmasher42
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#31505 Posted: 18:06:28 17/05/2019
RoH is up there and we're getting a fun new story with Drobot.

But console games? Considering RoH puts itself before the events of Imaginators deliberately? Oof, yes.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#31506 Posted: 08:27:25 19/05/2019
They might release an app on their 10th anniversary or something gimmicky that will just make things worse :/
They need to focus more on gameplay and the storyline tbh
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#31507 Posted: 15:52:10 19/05/2019
I dunno, I still think 2021 is too early for a revival-type thing. They say nostalgia comes around every 10 years, and if that's the case with Skylanders, you'd have to wait until at least 2026/2027 for that.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Hologramme Green Sparx Gems: 463
#31508 Posted: 07:47:16 23/05/2019
My children play again with the Skylanders games. I don't know why but it's cool.

Meanwhile I complet my collection, slowly.

Received yesterday:

[User Posted Image]
#31509 Posted: 14:02:58 23/05/2019
DecEmber wins the employee variant just because of the name, though Snowderdash is nicer looking.
---
Hologramme Green Sparx Gems: 463
#31510 Posted: 09:40:15 24/05/2019
Between Dec-Ember and Snowderdash, I prefer Snowderdash too. But I win Dec-Ember on eBay for a good price and I don't find Snowderdash at a decent price.

Personally I prefer Snow-Brite Stormblade. The figure looks better and required more work.
#31511 Posted: 03:24:08 03/06/2019
Does anybody have (or know where to get) HD quality PDFs of the Games' Collection Figure Posters?
Checked online and only see low grade, poor resolution pics mostly.

SSA
SG
SSF
STT
SSC
SI
---
smilie
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#31512 Posted: 15:46:03 04/06/2019
I don't recall ever seeing a good quality Imaginators one but I do have these posters for the other games:

Spyro's Adventure
Giants
Swap Force
Trap Team
SuperChargers
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#31513 Posted: 01:50:16 05/06/2019
thank you dark52! superb!

we recently got the kids next door into SkyLanders, and needed good files to print for them to have their posters!
---
smilie
#31514 Posted: 03:23:43 05/06/2019
http://670kg2vddm296bnc42jcfvo...s_Checklist.pdf

It's not nearly as flashy as the official collector posters, but here's a checklist for Imaginators.
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#31515 Posted: 11:14:35 17/06/2019
Skylanders 10 year anniversary is coming soon... will we see a remake of the first game???
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
cartoon11 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#31516 Posted: 08:29:11 18/06/2019
Still two years to go...
Maybe we will see a Superchargers cross-over with the new Hot Wheels Toys?

Just kidding...
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#31517 Posted: 18:04:03 20/06/2019
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Skylanders 10 year anniversary is coming soon... will we see a remake of the first game???

Spyro's Adventure HD FTW.
#31518 Posted: 19:36:15 20/06/2019
I finally 100% completed Trap Team on the 3DS. I was stuck in that one dragon ride challenge for ages.

But in other good news, my exams are nearly over! Meaning I can finish the reviews!
---
Soon.
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#31519 Posted: 17:10:47 23/06/2019
Quote: emeraldzoroark
I finally 100% completed Trap Team on the 3DS. I was stuck in that one dragon ride challenge for ages.

But in other good news, my exams are nearly over! Meaning I can finish the reviews!

Did you get all the hats? That always seemed like one hell of a grind
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
#31520 Posted: 18:12:46 23/06/2019
Yep, except the hats you get from Kickoff Countdown and those other ones.
---
Soon.
#31521 Posted: 23:26:35 11/07/2019
Sorry for the wait. Time to review Skylanders Swap Force on 3DS
Gameplay: The gameplay is mostly the same as the previous games, but it seems to strike a balance between SSA and SG. Many areas have fast-paced platforming areas but there’s also more combat. I found the combat to be better than Giants, but still slow. Enemies had more health than they should. Although I did play on hard difficulty, so that’s fine I guess. There are some puzzles in the game, but... they suck. They’re like the lock puzzles from the console games, but they’re incredibly slow and way too easy. The main difference in gameplay however... you can now use more than 2 Skylanders per level. Just pick an element in the bottom screen and you can switch to any Skylander you’ve registered. It’s slow and clunky, but I feel that it’s good to not be limited while playing the game. Unless you have a big collection. Then the game is too easy. But that’s true for any Skylanders game.

Boss Fights: This game has 3 boss fights. All against Moneybone. The first 2 are fun enough, but I genuinely love the final boss. Maybe because of the fact that I’ve done it over 200 times easily. The boss fights are all “fight some enemies, fight Moneybone’s mech, repeat,” but they’re still fun. Unless you want to do the challenges. Then they aren’t fun.

Story: Count Moneybone is trying to turn the whole world undead with his Immortalizer ray so you have to stop his robot army. Not much else really.

Characters: Flynn and Hugo are pretty much the same. Not many new characters were introduced other than Moneybone. He’s honestly a really fun villain who actually decides to fight you a few times. He also just assumes you surrender the first time you meet him, which is great.

The Ferryman is a mood though.

Level design: As I said, the levels have a nice mix between combat and platforming. This is way better than in Giants where there are long stretches of just... running until you can do something else. Most of the levels were pretty fun, aside from some Swap Zones I’ll go over later.

Presentation: I never mentioned this in my other reviews, but this game genuinely has great 3D effects. I remember spending loads of time looking at the 3D models in the Collection Vault. But anyway, one issue I have was how slow some parts of the game are. Not like gameplay, but the menus. Especially when picking a Swap Force Skylander. The icons don’t show up for a few seconds, and you can’t press the arrows to swap right away. It kinda hinders the game.

Side Content: There’s not much here, unless you got the Adventure Packs. They’re pretty fun. The Elemental Gates are good too, but some of them are platforming ones where if you fall, you go all the way back to the beginning.

Gimmick: This game allows you to dismember the characters the game expects you to like and- hang on, I’ve made this joke before. Well anyway, the premise is the same really. Each Swaplander has their own Swap Force Meter that, no matter how much is leftover in the meter, you have to wait until it charges up again to use it, which sucks. There are different Swap Zones available in the game;

Climb: They’re ok, but they’re basically areas where you can’t jump.
Rocket: They’re pretty bad, you sometimes don’t get enough from the meter to get to the checkpoints.
Speed: These are the best ones. You can use the speed ability to slow down time and move faster. These are usually the most fun parts of the game.
Bounce: These ones suck. The distance you bounce is very inconsistant which leads to a lot of falling.
Spin: These are ok. You float through tornados. That’s it.
Sneak: These are terrible. The game is pretty vague on how the first Sneak Zone works, leading to many deaths. A lot of it is waiting for the meter to recharge.
Teleport: These are fun. You can float up through an invisible maze to get to where you need to go.
Dig: Normal parts of levels but you need to dig under stuff. Not much else.

Roster of Characters: I used Free Ranger, Rattle Shake and Volcanic Eruptor. And the bottom halves of other Swap Force characters. Free Ranger is mediocre, even before his data got reset to level 1 for some reason. Rattle Shake is an actual god in this game, his snakes just destroy everything. Eruptor is great too, but his Wow-Pow is... eh. It leaves you way too open for attacks.

Portal of Power: The portal is even more compact this time, so that’s nice. I like this more than the previous one just for this fact alone. Not sure if the design or better or worse though. The future 3DS portals are just the same as this, so don’t expect me to write about them.

How Well The Game Supports Older Figures: Like the console version, I used Chill, Ninjini, Drobot, Prism Break and Sunburn. While Ninjini was slow and not very good, the other 4 performed amazingly, so old Skylanders are still good in this game.

Overall, this game is much better than the other 3DS games. I would even say it surpasses the console version of SSF at times. I had that much fun.

SG>SSA>SSF3DS>SSA3DS>SSF>SG3DS
---
Soon.
#31522 Posted: 01:47:59 12/07/2019
Ferryman is great and the Water Dragon just threatens this godlike hero like it's no big deal, they're cool.
---
Geo-Stelar Emerald Sparx Gems: 4179
#31523 Posted: 10:37:45 14/07/2019
Hello everybody. Been a while.
So apparently, my last post in this site was about 2 years & one month ago. Life got very busy for me.

It's been a long time since I've checked up on the Skylanders franchise, so I've been out of the loop for a while.

From what I've seen, Heartbreaker Buckshot is still unavailable, while other figures are limited. Mind if I ask again what figures are still unreleased and/or limited?

Anyway, nice to be back here after an extended absence.
---
Don't have Skylanders, yet still a fan!
#31524 Posted: 23:20:32 14/07/2019
Everything that was limited before - and things that were almost limited before like say the DLC packs must be nearly non existent new in box. Nothing gets produced anymore, it's done.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:21:08 14/07/2019 by Bifrost
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4391
#31525 Posted: 16:38:21 18/06/2020
For me, it would be:

1. Giants
2. Spyro's Adventure (the most charming and beautiful looking IMO, the more I play it now, the more I value it, it's like good old wine)
3. SuperChargers / Imaginators (kind of a tie, but as a game overall and going further the gimmick, I'd say SuperChargers go first)
4. Trap Team (nice hub, levels and gimmicks, but "meh" overall in a huge load of aspects)
5. Swap Force
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#31526 Posted: 18:29:40 18/06/2020
Ah, Heartbreaker Buckshot, though you were never released, your memory will always live on.

Maybe. It'll be weird coming back in like five years and going "oh yeah, I still remember Heartbreaker Buckshot".
---
Boop me if you see this.
cookieeater Gold Sparx Gems: 2468
#31527 Posted: 19:37:33 18/06/2020
Quote: Muffin Man
Ah, Heartbreaker Buckshot, though you were never released, your memory will always live on.

Maybe. It'll be weird coming back in like five years and going "oh yeah, I still remember Heartbreaker Buckshot".

do we know why he was never released?
---
my fursona is a hot dog
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#31528 Posted: 19:40:25 18/06/2020
Quote: cookieeater

do we know why he was never released?

Yoo scary, apparently.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5272
#31529 Posted: 04:13:32 20/06/2020

That's one of the variants I really wanted, it's a shame that he got scrapped.
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#31530 Posted: 17:44:28 24/06/2020
There seems to be rumors circling around about a new Skylanders potentially being in development, with a different approach to monetization.

Just saying: don't always believe leakers. This leak goes against what I've heard personally, unless the development has just started recently.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#31531 Posted: 18:16:37 24/06/2020
OMG SKYLANDERS SPORTS GAME 1000% CONFIRMED!!!

For real though, I don’t know how to feel. I could be someone looking for clout, but there are more popular franchises to gain clout from.

I should probably get Grave Clobber and Pain yatta at some point to finish the collection.
---
Soon.
#31532 Posted: 18:23:11 24/06/2020
what gimmicks could they even do at this point
---
my fursona is a hot dog
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4391
#31533 Posted: 18:32:24 24/06/2020
Quote: Matteomax
There seems to be rumors circling around about a new Skylanders potentially being in development, with a different approach to monetization.

Just saying: don't always believe leakers. This leak goes against what I've heard personally, unless the development has just started recently.

Source, please? Of both the leakers and your "personal" info providers.

I don't see it possible, unless Beenox said bye to Crash and was put on to it. VV and TfB are currently focused on Spyro and Crash. And yes, it's not a profitable franchise right now, to be honest. Doesn't seem logical.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
MekakuCityPKMN Yellow Sparx Gems: 1516
#31534 Posted: 18:57:30 24/06/2020
I know it's super unlikely, but I would not be mad if they just ever so happened to decide to do a Spyro's Adventure remaster or something.

I can dream, right? lolol
---
"KRANK up the Sky-Chi!"

might be making a soft continuation of the series, idk
#31535 Posted: 19:20:01 24/06/2020
Quote: Matteomax

Assuming you're talking about the one Portalmaster on YouTube has been talking about, I'm actually the one that sent it to him lol. I haven't decided for myself whether it's worth believing or not though. One good sign is that the person accurately leaked that today's Pokemon Presentation would focus on the Tencent project, but I'm still not too sure.
---
#31536 Posted: 19:44:13 24/06/2020
There's also one with a full Activision lineup leak, that's actually just Ring of Heroes. "Gacha that doesn't use figures" is basically that game, but ever since Com2us announced the game was being remade we haven't heard a lick of info.
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#31537 Posted: 21:32:41 24/06/2020
Quote: Bifrost
There's also one with a full Activision lineup leak, that's actually just Ring of Heroes. "Gacha that doesn't use figures" is basically that game, but ever since Com2us announced the game was being remade we haven't heard a lick of info.

Not really here to discuss the validity of the said leak, as I'm also not convinced it is real either, but I was wondering if you knew where I could find this.

I will say to Matteo's point that the leak at this point doesn't seem to be indicative that TFB is actively developing a game, but more so that options for a potential game are being explored. The tweets that indicate this came out after the original tweet that said something about a Skylanders project from TFB.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:35:00 24/06/2020 by ninja9351
#31538 Posted: 21:47:13 24/06/2020
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gamin...of_leaks_for_r/

Not gonna get specific quotes n' stuff. It's been three years, I've got bigger priorities than chasing rumors and I'm down three Smash guesses I thought were no-brainers.
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#31539 Posted: 22:06:32 24/06/2020
Quote: Bifrost
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gamin...of_leaks_for_r/

Not gonna get specific quotes n' stuff. It's been three years, I've got bigger priorities than chasing rumors and I'm down three Smash guesses I thought were no-brainers.

The Acitivison section of that seems to be pretty straight, although several other leaks in that wound up being false. That's for sure worth taking note of though, thanks for the quick response.

EDIT: CrystalBlazier posted this on Reddit which is a thread on Reset Era discussing the validity of this particular leaker. It seems as if they've made several correct predictions in the past but were banned from having their leaks posted on Reset Era after a series of incorrect predictions. I won't tell you what to think about this, but I won't lie that for me it does call into question the validity of this particular leak/rumor more so than before.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:06:15 25/06/2020 by ninja9351
#31540 Posted: 17:07:00 25/06/2020
if the rumors do turn out to be true how many of you would even buy another game
---
my fursona is a hot dog
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#31541 Posted: 17:45:24 25/06/2020
if the rumors do turn out to be true how many of you would even buy another game

depends on a lot of things for me

1) price: if it's something other than a reboot of roh, i assume it'll cost money. i think the rumor implied that there would be no toys involved, so i don't expect it to be too expensive. that being said, i think if acti tries to sell it for $70 USD like other skylanders games, i'll wait

2) gameplay: i think the prediction is that it will be a gatcha game? i'm not really into those, so that's not going to be favorable

3) inclusion of spyro: i got into skylanders bc spyro was a playable character. i think it's pretty much grown beyond him, so i don't expect him or many other skylanders characters to be playable. i won't want to play it without him, though

tl;dr: unlikely for me
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#31542 Posted: 18:47:32 25/06/2020

I would. I've been replaying the games (Finished SSA, Superchargers, and Imaginators so far) and it just made me realize what I've been missing.
---
#31543 Posted: 19:49:08 25/06/2020
Yeah, I would play it. First I stil need to finish my reviews (I’ve been doing other stuff, I’ll get to them eventually.
---
Soon.
#31544 Posted: 22:52:16 25/06/2020
The game maybe, the figures never again. I don't even know why I still have the wishlist on my profile anymore, the shipping and regular prices aren't getting any cheaper. I'm also kinda done with combing through videos and hashtags looking for any crumb of information; only what's needed for wiki work because life is too short to watch Youtuber With Kids Who Doesn't Care About the Game for the umpteenth time.
---
#31545 Posted: 23:17:34 25/06/2020
If this is true (and I don't think it is), I think Activision is jumping the gun a bit. It's a common thought that nostalgia comes around every 10-20 years. That would be 2026/2027 or 2036/2037. Also I agree with Bifrost, if Skylanders was to return, the figures aren't coming back.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:21:22 25/06/2020 by JCW555
QuakeMarine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1211
#31546 Posted: 01:31:51 26/06/2020
Assuming the leak is actually true, I have no clue if I'd actually want to buy the new game just yet since there's like, no other information other than "It might exist possibly." I'm going to reserve my judgement when/if there's an official announcement or trailer while hoping that the game actually turns out decent and doesn't kill this series (again).
MekakuCityPKMN Yellow Sparx Gems: 1516
#31547 Posted: 02:10:46 26/06/2020
Yeah, I seriously do hope we don't get figures again. On one hand, I love having the ones I have, but I also feel like it would just be better for the series' longevity (considering that this leaked game comes out and is good enough to revive the series) if they didn't exist. Fun little gimmick while it lasted and would maybe be fun as a very optional thing, but if they ever wanted Skylanders to have another chance, it'd have to be scrapped.
---
"KRANK up the Sky-Chi!"

might be making a soft continuation of the series, idk
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:11:01 26/06/2020 by MekakuCityPKMN
#31548 Posted: 02:35:15 26/06/2020
Also the reported 2021 release date doesn't make sense to me because TheGamingRevolution, a very reliable Activision leaker (especially CoD, but he leaked that Crash 4 and THPS 1+2 were happening too) stated that a new Spyro games' in development, and I'd assume that'd come out in 2021. Activision loves their once-a-year family-friendly game, but they don't seem to want to do two in a year. Also, it's been speculated that the reason why Academy and the Skylanders IDW comics ended was that Activision didn't want to confuse consumers with different Spyros, so they cancelled them. Like, a Skylanders game would work without Spyro, but that was supposedly *his* franchise. Would just be weird having a Skylanders game without him.
Even though he didn't matter at all in Skylanders by the second game, some would argue even in the first game smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:36:35 26/06/2020 by JCW555
First | Previous | Page 631 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me