darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 630 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#31451 Posted: 12:53:15 03/10/2018
Water Seed and Fire Wings are notoriously rare, iirc, but it's been too long to remember the rest.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Glitchy Witchy Blue Sparx Gems: 911
#31452 Posted: 14:06:55 03/10/2018
I'll have to look further into it, then. Pretty sure we have all the Water crystals, so that's not a problem, but I would really like to get all the (released) crystals at some point, if possible!
Haven't found the Fire Wings anywhere. I thought that (and the other I marked) maybe wasn't released. I just have to search more! Thank you!
---
''Ah'm all about, hilarity!''
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#31453 Posted: 13:13:31 08/10/2018
Here are the unreleased crystals.

These crystals never had a public release.

The magic one was released but only in the 8 Pack set that UK and other countries received.

[User Posted Image]
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Glitchy Witchy Blue Sparx Gems: 911
#31454 Posted: 13:46:43 08/10/2018
Thank you!
I'm sorry they didn't get released, but I'll try to get my hands on those that did!
---
''Ah'm all about, hilarity!''
#31455 Posted: 15:18:10 08/10/2018
Wait, Light Wings never came out? Wow I thought it was the first one to come out.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:18:20 08/10/2018 by Bifrost
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#31456 Posted: 02:30:48 11/10/2018
Yeah Light Wings never came out for retail smilie
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#31457 Posted: 13:00:18 13/01/2019
https://twitter.com/COGMONKEY/...4084740/video/1

So uh... That second character is partially Hood Sickle's moveset. Guess they forgot code for Sky 7 in N.Sane.

https://twitter.com/COGMONKEY/...406587807150080

The style doesn't match but the movesets do, unless they were doing another game altogether. FireWrangler looks so good, what a shame.

(BruiserUndead looks like another god damn ghost skeleton character so don't care)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:04:39 13/01/2019 by Bifrost
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#31458 Posted: 13:20:19 13/01/2019
Hmm...well, VV's designs have always kind of stretched the limits when it came to "fitting" in Skylanders, so I could easily see them push it a little further if they made another game.

But man, I really do hope we get another Skylanders game soon. It's officially been long enough that I'm completely past the "well, the series could probably use a break anyway" feeling that I had at first.
---
Boop me if you see this.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#31459 Posted: 13:26:29 13/01/2019
Quote: Bifrost
https://twitter.com/COGMONKEY/...4084740/video/1

So uh... That second character is partially Hood Sickle's moveset. Guess they forgot code for Sky 7 in N.Sane.

https://twitter.com/COGMONKEY/...406587807150080

The style doesn't match but the movesets do, unless they were doing another game altogether. FireWrangler looks so good, what a shame.

(BruiserUndead looks like another god damn ghost skeleton character so don't care)

Damn, the look good. Ugh, I wonder what would have been the games gimmick. sigh

And I think Bruiser is supposed to be a Zombie, with an exposed rib cage.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#31460 Posted: 13:02:28 14/01/2019
I think he's an undead hockey player.

Edit: Actually he's definitely an undead hockey player. He's got the skates, mask, and a jersey. His scythe functions as his hockey stick.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:06:03 14/01/2019 by Muffin Man
#31461 Posted: 13:30:56 14/01/2019
Quote: Muffin Man
I think he's an undead hockey player.

Edit: Actually he's definitely an undead hockey player. He's got the skates, mask, and a jersey. His scythe functions as his hockey stick.

Sucks they just recycled Hood Sickle's playstyle, but no doubt it was just a placeholder. I can only IMAGINE what he actual moveset would have been like.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#31462 Posted: 03:59:41 15/01/2019
I could see one of his attacks being a ghostly hockey puck, which would slide around and ricochet off of walls and enemies. Then an upgrade could give him the ability to create a hockey goal made of bones or whatever, and hitting the aforementioned puck into the goal would create a huge spectral explosion.

And maybe one of his path upgrades would involve a bunch of ghostly teammates spawning along with the goal, which would help attack enemies and hit the puck.
---
Boop me if you see this.
cookieeater Gold Sparx Gems: 2468
#31463 Posted: 04:22:18 15/01/2019
i think the gimmick could have been subclasses
---
my fursona is a hot dog
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#31464 Posted: 16:56:32 16/01/2019
The gimmick: they give you back money if you 'buy' a Skylander.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#31465 Posted: 02:27:40 13/02/2019
[User Posted Image]

a skylanders meme
in 2019
#31466 Posted: 16:44:00 13/02/2019
bless
---
#31467 Posted: 18:00:07 13/02/2019
Quote: ZapNorris
[User Posted Image]

a skylanders meme
in 2019

GO TO HELL, JERK!
---
S2 Swap Force Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#31468 Posted: 04:31:55 14/02/2019
Honestly, Superchargers had the best story out of the entire series. The only thing going for Imaginators is the Imaginators themselves and, like I've said before, Lost Imaginite Mines.

One question, how good was the CTT level?
---
I never got my acceptance letter from Hogwarts so I'm leaving the Shire and becoming a Jedi
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#31469 Posted: 13:59:43 14/02/2019
hated superchargers. Didn't care for the story either, but it gave one excellent feature that made playing it worth it.
It allowed us to switch Path's of all skylanders up to that point.
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#31470 Posted: 14:11:07 14/02/2019
Anyone else hyped for the totally inevitable Sky7 reveal this year?
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#31471 Posted: 15:05:49 14/02/2019
Quote: Buchi

Honestly no, Imaginators was extremely lacking in hindsight and I doubt this franchise could do anything interesting again
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#31472 Posted: 15:11:34 14/02/2019
Quote: Buchi

shut up matt
#31473 Posted: 15:34:15 14/02/2019
I can't wait for a reveal almost as exciting as yesterday's Nintendo Direct.
#31474 Posted: 13:10:14 15/02/2019
I do have...not exactly hope...but a lack of complete despair about the franchise now that the Crash and Spryo remakes are both done. Surely that will leave a big hole open for VV and TfB to fill. What will they fill it with?
---
Boop me if you see this.
#31475 Posted: 13:32:16 15/02/2019
With each year I believe less and less that Skylanders will ever be continued. Activision have fully milked this cash cow so perhaps they're trying to find new ways instead of beating a dead horse. Then again Academy still exists and so does Ring of Heroes... I see those more like remnants of a dead franchise.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#31476 Posted: 15:22:16 15/02/2019
I've been working on a Skylanders board game to help preserve the feel of the gameplay before the figures ultimately begin dying out. I've nailed the mechanics down, but I've been wanting to start work on a series of campaigns for us to follow the story of the Skylanders games. Is anyone interested in working with me to make this?
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#31477 Posted: 18:07:37 15/02/2019
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I do have...not exactly hope...but a lack of complete despair about the franchise now that the Crash and Spryo remakes are both done. Surely that will leave a big hole open for VV and TfB to fill. What will they fill it with?

New Crash and Spyro games...?

nah. they'll fill the hole with all of their extra money of course!

[User Posted Image]
---
#31478 Posted: 06:12:16 17/02/2019
Quote: Sesshomaru75

New Crash and Spyro games...?

Well you got me there.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#31479 Posted: 17:22:07 19/02/2019
i think it depends on what you mean by barebones

other games didnt have the level of character customization as imaginators

however, other games had more interesting levels
---
#31480 Posted: 18:11:08 19/02/2019
That's exactly the problem. You can have thousands of characters but if by the time you make your favorite you've been through the levels thrice, there's no point. Imagine SSA or SF with imaginators, you'd probably still be at Stonetown with your prefered moveset and appearance.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:11:21 19/02/2019 by Bifrost
#31481 Posted: 22:03:23 19/02/2019
id like it better if you could make quadruped skylanders, but it was fun
---
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#31482 Posted: 01:31:16 13/03/2019
I still have so may Skylanders in my room that I don't even care to look at, because when I do, it reminds me how much I want the series that made my preteen years so wonderful. It's unfortunate that it had to go so fast. smilie I remember at one point during Giants' lifecycle Toys For Bob said they wanted to keep the series going for decades. It's sad that that was never reached.
#31483 Posted: 15:45:17 13/03/2019
You could argue that ROH is keeping Skylanders going. It's been around since 2012, so ROH would only have to last three years for Skylanders to be ten years old.
---
#31484 Posted: 17:32:08 13/03/2019
Skylanders has been around since 2011, not 2012!
---
#31485 Posted: 18:33:17 14/03/2019
Egad, you're right!

Guess I was inadvertently rounding up b/c it came out later in the year smilie
---
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#31486 Posted: 04:12:32 17/03/2019
Skylanders 10 year anniversary is coming soon...I think that they want to rebrand the series that’s why they’re waiting a little bit and ROH is a way for some people to remember the series and have it on their minds till something is announced. BTW ROH just hit 1 million downloads which is really cool I hope it keeps on doing better and better
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#31487 Posted: 00:17:12 23/03/2019
Sorry for the really long wait. Here’s my Swap Force review.

Gameplay: The gameplay is pretty much the same as the past two games, with one major difference: jumping. This actually changes the game a lot. It gives the game more puzzle opportunities and lets it have more vertical levels. However, I don’t really think it uses this potential well. The platforming rarely feels all that satisfying, unlike the 3ds games that have a focus on platforming. It sometimes is frustrating if I’m being honest. Not to mention jumping makes the combat way easier. As in, too easy. You don’t have to worry about being hit when most of the time, jumping out of the way is incredibly easy. Speaking of combat, way too many enemies either have invulnerability or become damage sponges during attacks. A lot of evilized enemies in the game barely take any damage from attacks until theirs is over. Meanwhile invincible enemies exist to waste your time. You just kinda have to sit there and wait for their attack is over. It’s fine when you can fight other things or do something to stop the invulnerability (Time Geargolems are a good example) but these are very infrequent. But ignoring these flaws, it’s still the classic gameplay from the first games, so it’s still fun.

Boss Fights: This game is unique in that you can select boss fights from the menu instead of playing through the level. We don’t actually see this again until Superchargers, but that’s a review for another day. But as for the actual fights themselves, these are actually pretty good. Glumshanks was fun despite it’s simplicity, just having him ram into some spikes. The Fire Viper is just ok. It feels too repetitive. The bit where you get eaten is kinda good, but it lasts 15 seconds at most. Mesmerelda is the best boss fight in the game. It’s a musical number like Drill-X, but this time the fight is as chaotic as the song. Loads of things to dodge. It’s great. Kaos’ Mom is a weird one. She has this really cool thing where she leaves the game entirely and hides in your portal, which is really creative. But... it doesn’t work that well after the first time you see it. By the time she does it, you already have your hand ready to take the Skylander off the portal. Other than that it’s just an enemy gauntlet. The final boss is Kaos, of course, but this time he’s huge. You have to break all the crystals on his feet, teeth, and even his mind. He has a bunch of cool attacks, though the final section with the cannon drags on for a while.

Story: Kaos’ plan this time is to use Petrified Darkness to make one of the Ancient Elementals evil. Every century, the Elementals gather at a volcano to replenish Skylands’ magic, so making one evil would cause evil magic to spread throughout the world. This is all well and good, but wouldn’t the other Elementals notice such a big change? Also none of them actually get evilized. This would have created some really cool boss fights. Eventually, Kaos screws up so royally that his mom shows up and immediately becomes a more threatening antagonist than Kaos could have hoped to be. Oh yeah and also volcano magic made the Swap Force be able to swap. There are probably some plotholes in the story, but I didn’t notice them. Overall, it’s pretty fun.

Characters: Flynn, Eon, Kaos and Glumshanks return, and everyone else is new. Not a horrible idea, but eh. The old characters are mostly the same, which is nice, Tessa is a pretty fun character with some funny moments until the halfway point where the plot forgets she exists until she gets kidnapped. Sharpfin is cool too, which is nice since he replaces Tessa for the latter half of the game. Rufus is annoying, since he makes you listen to his unskippable spiel everytime you open the game. The real best character was Kaos’ Mom. She’s just so casual about everything yet actually has the brainpower to acknowledge you as a threat, kind of. Not to mention she calls out Kaos on how terrible he is at everything. Everyone else is either eh or forgettable.

Level Design: A lot of the level design is based around jumping. I’ve already mentioned my thoughts on why this isn’t great. But onto the rest of it. A lot of it is all pretty decent. The turret sections are kind of annoying, and you can’t do dash attacks constantly to go faster because of gaps, but overall its fine. My main gripe with the levels is that they go on for way too long, much like how long it took me to write this review. Like, seriously, this game has actual checkpoints.

Presentation: Protip: AVOID THE WII VERSION. But if you didn’t do that, the game looks pretty nice. There wasn’t as much music that stood out this time around, but I do like the Credits music and part of Frostfest Mountain.

Side Content: Oh god what the heck why is there so much here. You have the difficulties, the arena, bonus missions (heroic challenges will not be missed), Score Mode and Time Attack, Swap Challenges and a load of achievements. If you don’t feel like playing the game 3 more times, there isn’t much to be honest. The adventure packs are fun though.

Gimmicks: This game allows you to dismember the characters the game expects you to like and put them back together in a way that will benefit your needs. It’s pretty fun. There are a bunch of Swap Force challenges for each of the eight catagories, like climbing a wall, or going really fast. My favourite combination is Blast Shift because I like Fire elements and Night Shift’s bottom half is just overpowered.

Roster of Characters: This game had a bunch of cool characters. A lot of the Swap Force are cool, but the core Skylanders are fun too. My favourites are probably Scorp, Scratch, Smolderdash and Roller Brawl.

Portal of Power: Because of the new Swap Force characters, the old portal wouldn’t work with this game. So, we got a new portal. This one is much flatter and lacks the edges on the top that the classic portal had. Even now, I still don’t know which one I prefer. Both are great.

How Well The Game Supports Older Figures: So I used Sunburn, Drobot, Prism Break, Chill and Ninjini to test who was still good in these games. Sunburn was fine, Drobot is really good but not as good as in SSA and Giants, Prism Break can’t do that well anymore, Chill can only do one viable attack but it’s still pretty good, and Ninjini is really good.

Overall, this game is still pretty fun. Not the best Skylanders game if you ask me, but definitely worth playing.

SG>SSA>SSA3DS>SSF>SG
---
Soon.
S2 Swap Force Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#31488 Posted: 07:23:51 25/03/2019
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Story: Kaos’ plan this time is to use Petrified Darkness to make one of the Ancient Elementals evil. Every century, the Elementals gather at a volcano to replenish Skylands’ magic, so making one evil would cause evil magic to spread throughout the world. This is all well and good, but wouldn’t the other Elementals notice such a big change? Also none of them actually get evilized. This would have created some really cool boss fights. Eventually, Kaos screws up so royally that his mom shows up and immediately becomes a more threatening antagonist than Kaos could have hoped to be. Oh yeah and also volcano magic made the Swap Force be able to swap. There are probably some plotholes in the story, but I didn’t notice them. Overall, it’s pretty fun.

I know! When I first played the game, i was sure that Kaos was gonna evilize the Ancient Tree Spirit and the we'd have to fight her, I was kinda disappointed that it didn't happen.

Quote: emeraldzoroark
Gimmicks: This game allows you to dismember the characters the game expects you to like and put them back together in a way that will benefit your needs. It’s pretty fun. There are a bunch of Swap Force challenges for each of the eight catagories, like climbing a wall, or going really fast. My favourite combination is Blast Shift because I like Fire elements and Night Shift’s bottom half is just overpowered.

Lol, I like how you worded that
---
I never got my acceptance letter from Hogwarts so I'm leaving the Shire and becoming a Jedi
Duke Spike Yellow Sparx Gems: 1669
#31489 Posted: 18:40:39 25/03/2019
i don't know if anyone would agree to this but, would you guys think it'd be cool that there would be Skylander-specific story levels that expanded a skylander's backstory?
and if you got to pick three skylanders only, which ones should get their own story level?

i'd personally go for wild storm, can't really think of the two others
---
Off to be a Globetrotter somewhere else...
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#31490 Posted: 10:30:14 26/03/2019
Quote: Duke Spike
i don't know if anyone would agree to this but, would you guys think it'd be cool that there would be Skylander-specific story levels that expanded a skylander's backstory?
and if you got to pick three skylanders only, which ones should get their own story level?

i'd personally go for wild storm, can't really think of the two others

Roller Brawl that would be pretty cool
Stealth Elf and let ambush be her master
Astroblast a futuristic level would be pretty cool with aliens and stuff
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#31491 Posted: 20:06:30 06/04/2019
At this point, a Skylanders game that had some sort of open world feeling that combined all of the realms and gimmicks of previous Skylanders games would be so cool. I would love it if they just restarted the series in a way, having 20-40 new cores and rereleasing some old figures so new players could start fresh to the series and old players could have a feel for the past. It would probably be more successful than most of the new gimmicks they try, to be honest.

And for the love of god, please just return the original styles of the bottoms of figures. Superchargers and Imaginators just felt too outlandish from Skylanders, to be honest.
Duke Spike Yellow Sparx Gems: 1669
#31492 Posted: 18:59:03 11/04/2019
https://twitter.com/OfficialLa...376517842472960

twitter videos, man...
---
Off to be a Globetrotter somewhere else...
#31493 Posted: 02:35:02 12/04/2019
SNANS
---
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#31494 Posted: 05:29:34 12/04/2019
Quote: Swap Force Fan
At this point, a Skylanders game that had some sort of open world feeling that combined all of the realms and gimmicks of previous Skylanders games would be so cool. I would love it if they just restarted the series in a way, having 20-40 new cores and rereleasing some old figures so new players could start fresh to the series and old players could have a feel for the past. It would probably be more successful than most of the new gimmicks they try, to be honest.

And for the love of god, please just return the original styles of the bottoms of figures. Superchargers and Imaginators just felt too outlandish from Skylanders, to be honest.

I know this is late as hell, but with the failure of Starlink and its toys, I think we can say that if there's ever a Skylanders 7/reboot/remake, it'll be toyless. Starlink's failure put the final nail in the coffin for Toys-to-Life games unfortunately smilie .
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:31:27 12/04/2019 by JCW555
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#31495 Posted: 16:04:12 20/04/2019
I hate the Superchargers/Imaginators art style. it looks terrible and too "kiddy" i can't remember any skylanders from either games other the starter packs
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#31496 Posted: 22:58:31 22/04/2019
Hey, just so you know, the whole soundtracks for Swap Force through Imaginators has been posted on this one website I regularly follow. It includes every song and their variations seen in combat, conversations an the like, and not just their base forms available in the official soundtrack. Here are the links!

Swap Force

Trap Team

Superchargers

Imaginators
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
First | Previous | Page 630 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me