darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 163 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 161 162 163 164 165 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#8101 Posted: 21:39:29 22/07/2016
Those are his shruikens,alright!

Yroc got invited to TFB office? So we're getting the office tours early this year? *eye gleam*

The level behind them also looks a bit like Green Hill Zone, but seems to be some fairytale looking village.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:40:51 22/07/2016 by Bifrost
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#8102 Posted: 21:43:00 22/07/2016
All of those ninjas have no bodies....

Ugh.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#8103 Posted: 21:43:56 22/07/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Those are his shruikens,alright!

Yroc got invited to TFB office? So we're getting the office tours early this year? *eye gleam*

The level behind them also looks a bit like Green Hill Zone, but seems to be some fairytale looking village.

I've seen those. It was at E3, in the Skylanders private press area.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#8104 Posted: 21:45:48 22/07/2016
Aww, I love those every year they happen, I don't like waiting until August :c But thanks for clarifying.
---
yrocgames Gold Sparx Gems: 2714
#8105 Posted: 21:46:25 22/07/2016
Those were at E3, hopefully TFB offices soon smilie
---
Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC0_L3dsR6hprEa93PItzjw
SodaPopHD Gold Sparx Gems: 2023
#8106 Posted: 21:49:49 22/07/2016
Those ninja's are bodiless.

Okay, NOW I'm starting to worry. But still, probably just an early version of the game.
---
"Sarcasm is like punching someone in the face, but with words."
"You're not ugly. You're a beautiful monkey."
JOIN THE CAUSE TO SAVE DITTO!
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#8107 Posted: 21:50:04 22/07/2016
For some reason that level reminds me of the Wizard of Oz.

And also I guess this semi-confirms the "all Imaginators can or can't have bodies" thing since two of those body-less Imaginators are Quickshots, which we've previously seen as full-body Imaginators.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#8108 Posted: 21:50:11 22/07/2016
Interestingly the Quickshots also didn't have a torso, even though we always saw them with one until now... let's hope the Ninjas will get one too.
#8109 Posted: 21:51:35 22/07/2016
Im preety sure the torso will be a sort of on off type of thing. also nobody is mentioning the fire elemental gate? smilie
---
#8110 Posted: 21:52:58 22/07/2016
Quote: yrocgames
Im preety sure the torso will be a sort of on off type of thing. also nobody is mentioning the fire elemental gate? smilie

MY PRECIOUS GATES ARE BACK!!!
Where tho?
#8111 Posted: 21:55:10 22/07/2016
Elemental Gates YAAAAAAS!!!!

I swear, if only Senseis can open those fudging gates, I WILL FIGHT THEM ON THE STREET!!!

Jokes aside, it's great to see them back.
---
#8112 Posted: 21:55:37 22/07/2016
Here http://imgur.com/a/pB0cd

This game has alot of potential. Just seeing people jump to conclusions on some things gets me a little frustrated im not gunna lie. lol
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:19:54 22/07/2016 by Buuzer
#8113 Posted: 21:59:08 22/07/2016
That's a new design, too! It's like the old SSA ones with the glowing orb atop the gate, instead of being the gate itself. THAT's what we saw in the menu!
Wait a second, is that the Academy too?! There's a building the same palette as it right next to the gate, and we know it'll have a grassy area from another screenshot.

Quote: Deja Vu
Interestingly the Quickshots also didn't have a torso, even though we always saw them with one until now... let's hope the Ninjas will get one too.

Well, that means they DID plan for more body types on both, but all we know for now is that they got that for Quickshots. Fingers crossed.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:00:31 22/07/2016 by Bifrost
#8114 Posted: 22:01:14 22/07/2016
inb4 only Senseis can access elemental ga-NO NO NO NO NOT GOING TO JINX IT.

But looking more closely at that level, it does kinda resemble Green Hill Zone like Bifrost said (the ring shapes don't help), but it looks like some sort of quaint old village.
---
Check this out! Please?
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#8115 Posted: 22:03:00 22/07/2016
I'm sure the bodies will be allowed for the Ninja type... Tae has a body.
But if I recall wasn't everyone thinking that the sentinel or the swashbuckler was only going to allow for a snake bottom which has proven untrue?
Chopscotch has no body and she's a smasher.
#8116 Posted: 22:08:16 22/07/2016
Senseis I dont think matter when it comes to bodies and shapes.
---
#8117 Posted: 22:10:43 22/07/2016
Chopscotch is living proof, yeah, but at least it shows that being limited isn't their intention.
---
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3367
#8118 Posted: 22:34:05 22/07/2016
Brawler, those are the taser knuckles.

Bigger picture:

[User Posted Image]

Love the droopy eyes on the head, dunno why.

Is that supposed to be a sheep?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#8119 Posted: 22:39:08 22/07/2016
Quote: SkylandrPurists

Bigger picture:

[User Posted Image]

looks like a dragon head to me.
#8120 Posted: 22:40:16 22/07/2016
ELEMENTAL GATES smilie

Good to know those are back! Thanks Yroc!
---
#8121 Posted: 22:44:48 22/07/2016

I don't think so. Looks too reptilian to be a sheep.
Wouldn't be surprised if we have sheep parts for Imaginators though.
---
Check this out! Please?
#8122 Posted: 22:53:07 22/07/2016
Quote: henryszuch
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if only Sensei's could open up elemental gates (or some sort of area) because as of now you really don't need them except for powering up Imaginators. I would be fine with Sensei exclusive areas, as long as they gave it a good reason (unlike the gates in TT)

What, have you missed E3 entirely? They have Shrines and Battle Gongs AND Sky-Chis as a permanent gimmick. We actually don't have anything for Imaginators, Senseis have plenty already.

*knocks on wood* please no gimmick gates we've had enough these last years.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:54:09 22/07/2016 by Bifrost
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#8123 Posted: 00:19:34 23/07/2016
Quote: skylandsfan
Some interesting screenshots. I swear that I see lob star's weapons. https://www.instagram.com/p/BILdAE2AEE-/

I do too. I also see a bodyless Quickshot.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#8124 Posted: 00:24:10 23/07/2016
The banana guy?
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#8125 Posted: 00:26:33 23/07/2016
Quote: SodaPopHD
The banana guy?

Yeah, he's bodyless. And because we've seen bodyless and regular Quickshots, I believe it'll be the same case with Ninjas and possibly Swashbucklers, too.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#8126 Posted: 01:13:35 23/07/2016
Yeah. The best possible explanation is that the game isn't in it's final stage yet. Even if we haven't seen even one Ninja without a body, or one Swashbuckler with legs.
---
#8127 Posted: 01:20:54 23/07/2016
I'm betting they'll confirm it's one or the other for ninja bodies and swashbuckler tails sometime soon, by Gamescom the latest.
---
Check this out! Please?
#8128 Posted: 01:49:43 23/07/2016
I can't wait for Barbella and Tae Kwon Crow gameplay though...

We'll probably get a teaser before Gamescon right? Just like Ember was teased?

I hope they don't pull a fast one again and say they aren't at Gamescon because I'll be pissed.
Anyway, Gamescon is on the 17th right? of August? If so, that's the Day after my Birthday and If we get news ON my birthday that would be fabulous.
---
DreamTeam Yellow Sparx Gems: 1503
#8129 Posted: 02:06:15 23/07/2016
If we get news tommorow i will die x_x Its my birthday tommorow! *screams*
---
i dont know what else to say, xox
Also i dont really care for skylanders anymore
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#8130 Posted: 04:20:57 23/07/2016
Not sure why people are complaining.
1. People's main complaint about Trap Team was there was too many pay walls, and now there aren't enough!?
2. Who cares if you only need 1 Sensei? You only needed 1 Giant, what's the difference?
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#8131 Posted: 08:21:48 23/07/2016
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if only Sensei's could open up elemental gates (or some sort of area) because as of now you really don't need them except for powering up Imaginators. I would be fine with Sensei exclusive areas, as long as they gave it a good reason (unlike the gates in TT)

What, have you missed E3 entirely? They have Shrines and Battle Gongs AND Sky-Chis as a permanent gimmick. We actually don't have anything for Imaginators, Senseis have plenty already.

*knocks on wood* please no gimmick gates we've had enough these last years.

I saw E3...

Battle Gongs only require one Sensei, and all they do are summon some enemies.

Shrines and Sky Chi are just typical TFB gimmicks; making the characters stronger and the ultimate fighters or whatever. And I'm pretty sure Shrines don't actually do anything, besides unlocking Sky Chi, which is just an OP move. There's still no reason to buy more than one Sensei, or more Senseis than just the characters you like. My point was like how with something like SF or TT, you were encouraged to buy multiple gimmick-landers.

And I agree with you that Imaginators don't have enough. So far there's really no motivation to buy specific types of characters other than that the Sensei's are strong and can train your Imaginators, and that Imaginators are characters that you create and they can be trained by Sensei's.

Each Sensei you buy allows you to train your Imaginators to even higher levels,
And IMO, the figures shouldn't need a reason beyond what each can inherently do to motivate you to buy them.

EDIT wasn't paying attention
The series was simple back in the first 2 gems, sales start dropping when SWAP force created a major gimmick, now everyone expects something "cool" like Swapping, and something "substantial" like SWAP Zones.
As good as SWAP Force in various aspects, the Series as a whole would've been better off if SWAP Force FIGURES never happened.
The gimmick was too interesting and simple, the mini games too tantalizing, and now nothing can really live up to it because swapping has been done before, and there's not much they can do apart from swapping to give the same feeling.
I feel like Heroics were enough reason to buy more new figs.
At least handled the way Giants did. (No guys, TFB/VV wouldn't need to make hundreds of challenges, SC would only need 18/20 heroics, and Imaginators only needs 31 heroics)

EDIT: can you honestly tell me that TT would've been as dissapointing if SWAP force figures and SWAP zones didn't happen?
Many people believe that they added Traptanium gates last-second because people complained that they didn't do anything special like SWAP Force.
Giants was great at the time, so why was trap team so "bad"?
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 08:31:58 23/07/2016 by juarmo
#8132 Posted: 12:05:03 23/07/2016
I actually really like the shrines. I always loved soul gems as they were an upgrade you had to find first. Of course it's kinda frustrating if a character you had since release doesn't get his until one of the last chapters in the game, (I'm looking at you Gearshift) but it also gives you motivation to play with that character again and the same goes for the shrines and even gates.
#8133 Posted: 12:32:47 23/07/2016
Quote: JohnnySmasher42
Not sure why people are complaining.
1. People's main complaint about Trap Team was there was too many pay walls, and now there aren't enough!?
2. Who cares if you only need 1 Sensei? You only needed 1 Giant, what's the difference?

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter. I'm going to buy other characters because I want to buy other characters, not because I need them to beat the game 100%. In fact, needing to buy more things to beat the game 100% is what people were complaining about with TT and SC.
---
Check this out! Please?
#8134 Posted: 12:55:47 23/07/2016
Half complain and half want an excuse to buy more. I still think that paywalls should be 100% side content only, but if that's too risky, then at least make the required ones easy to unlock and leave character-specific ones as aide content like Driver Quests.
Man I really hope there's signature Quests again we need all the dialogue we can get for the villains since the reformed ones are going to fall in the Skylanders hole of lacking exposure otherwise(we stiiiilll don't know anhthing about Golden Queen pre-Doom Raiders for example and why she has a kingdom of undead).
---
#8135 Posted: 15:35:46 23/07/2016
Those are the driver quests which I mentioned. By far one of my favorite things in SC. It's character only and benefits that character only, you get some great interaction between NPC and Skylanders that you can't see otherwise(which means delicious lore and personality), and you can pick and choose where to complete them because it's just attack usage, which also teaches you how to play someone.

If TFB expands upon these it'd be sooo good.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:36:22 23/07/2016 by Bifrost
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3367
#8136 Posted: 18:12:24 23/07/2016
Quote: Street50

Bigger picture:

[User Posted Image]

Oh! Didn't see the scales! smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#8137 Posted: 18:39:28 23/07/2016
Quote: Street50

Oh! Didn't see the scales! smilie

Sheep Dragon: Cronenburg in disguise.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#8138 Posted: 21:02:20 23/07/2016
I think everybody misunderstood me, and I'm sorry if that was my fault because of my wording. I don't necessarily want more pay walls, I was just saying how it would make sense for TFB and Activision to give Sensei's more special functions, as it would encourage people to buy more of them, like how many people felt motivated to get 8 different Swap Force characters. And no, SF wasn't a perfect game, but I was just using it as an example. Another good example is SC, because you get an extra challenge for your specific Skylander, which makes your purchase feel more worthy, and if you don't have that character it's not like something is blocked behind a pay wall, like in TT (which I actually said I didn't like, in my first post, and that if they gave it a good reason that would be ok).

There's already a decent amount of reason to buy the senseis.

Imaginators are the big new thing this year, and they are limited by the number of senseis you have. E.g. They Increase their level cap and they are responsible for unlocking 3/4 of the class abilities.

There's probably some more stuff too as usual that we don't know about . But already I don't think they'll have a problem selling senseis.
Villain popularity will probably help a lot too.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
#8139 Posted: 21:18:08 23/07/2016
I wonder if you can unlock the special Imaginator attacks without the Senseis as well, I'm sure you can't so I'll just hope that the ones I buy give me the one I want.
#8140 Posted: 21:26:58 23/07/2016
One of them is unlocked by the Doomlander of the class, so yeah, you get one free to at least have a full moveset; but since they're story progression some will be complete before others.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:27:21 23/07/2016 by Bifrost
#8141 Posted: 22:05:26 23/07/2016
So, now we wait until gamescom. I sure hope we'll get another leak with new characters soon, because the number of characters we actually know is ridiculously low.
#8142 Posted: 22:12:16 23/07/2016
I really dont want to see new characters before we find out who the leaked ones are. smilie
---
#8143 Posted: 22:13:33 23/07/2016
Quote: Deja Vu
So, now we wait until gamescom. I sure hope we'll get another leak with new characters soon, because the number of characters we actually know is ridiculously low.

Actually we know a lot even without the London Reveal leak. We just don't know elements.
I agree with Yroc, we have so little on the ones we know exist but don't have real reveals on. Yes I might mean Bad Juju.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:14:31 23/07/2016 by Bifrost
#8144 Posted: 22:45:59 23/07/2016
Quote: yrocgames
I really dont want to see new characters before we find out who the leaked ones are. smilie

But what if the new ones are the ones who were leaked?
---
Check this out! Please?
#8145 Posted: 23:04:46 23/07/2016
That's what I meant. There are only 8 characters who are officialy revealed (not counting Barbella & Hood Sickle) and others, of whom we only have a small picture without a name or element. I don't remeber when it happened, but at some point in the pre-release time of TT we got the whole poster, I wonder when that's happening.
#8146 Posted: 23:53:46 23/07/2016
So... Any word on the comics? Or not yet?
---
Check this out! Please?
#8147 Posted: 00:24:15 24/07/2016
David was on his way to the con last time I saw his twitter.
---
First | Previous | Page 163 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 161 162 163 164 165 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me