darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 99 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 97 98 99 100 101 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#4901 Posted: 14:47:37 16/06/2016
In the same podcast they confirmed that Crash does INDEED count towards the 20 Sensei Skylanders and the previous statement about Crash being the 32nd character in this game is FALSE! Still 31 characters.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#4902 Posted: 14:49:36 16/06/2016
I'm pretty sure the Swash Buckler comment was in regards to the Skylander in that he has tentacle legs not the class. Rattle Shake is another example and we have seen serpentine lower bodies as well. So I believe Quads. aren't going to happen...we would have seen something by now.
SodaPopHD Gold Sparx Gems: 2023
#4903 Posted: 14:50:51 16/06/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
In the same podcast they confirmed that Crash does INDEED count towards the 20 Sensei Skylanders and the previous statement about Crash being the 32nd character in this game is FALSE! Still 31 characters.

*****!!!!!!!
---
"Sarcasm is like punching someone in the face, but with words."
"You're not ugly. You're a beautiful monkey."
JOIN THE CAUSE TO SAVE DITTO!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#4904 Posted: 14:50:55 16/06/2016

so it looks like he is our second life sensei!
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#4905 Posted: 14:57:36 16/06/2016
Well now we've heard multiple answers. We'll just have to wait to see now.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#4906 Posted: 14:58:50 16/06/2016
don't know if this is of any use to you guys, but the crash edition is up on amazon germany. ships worldwide
#4907 Posted: 15:03:11 16/06/2016
Quote: 84skylanderdude
Well now we've heard multiple answers. We'll just have to wait to see now.

Yeah. From reliable sources. Before this gets out of hand, just wait. I really hope the latter isn't true.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#4908 Posted: 15:06:01 16/06/2016
Quote: Deja Vu
Why would they limit Swashbuckler to tails? Just because of Ninjini. If that's the case then two of my characters would be ruined.

Then I can't make Leonardo...
The leader in blue...
Does anything it takes to get his ninjas through...
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#4909 Posted: 15:09:42 16/06/2016
It would be stupid if only Swashbucklers have tails. Just plain stupid.
---
#4910 Posted: 15:10:45 16/06/2016
[User Posted Image]

new weapon for swashbucklers.

NICK WILDE TIME
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#4911 Posted: 15:12:08 16/06/2016
I'm fine with Crash being the second Life Sensei, to be honest I even hoped fot it to be like that. Though I understand why people aren't happy about this and I'm getting the Crash Starter Pack so I have reasons to be happy smilie
#4912 Posted: 15:13:29 16/06/2016
It'd be funny if a few gear from Roblox popped in the creator.
---
#4913 Posted: 15:17:31 16/06/2016
Another interesting detail from the podcast. There is a sliiiiiight possibility that you can't reset your Battle Class once you pick it. They haven't FULLY confirmed it, but it would REALLY suck if it did
Dark35 Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#4914 Posted: 15:18:30 16/06/2016
I'm fine with Crash being the second Life Sensei, to be honest I even hoped fot it to be like that. Though I understand why people aren't happy about this and I'm getting the Crash Starter Pack so I have reasons to be happy smilie

There will be a second life sensai. 10x3=30 then add crash
---
Buckshot is fluffy bae.
Icebrrrg Green Sparx Gems: 327
#4915 Posted: 15:20:00 16/06/2016
I don't believe it that Crash would be the 2nd.
Firstly, they wouldn't release BOTH Life Sensei's within the 1st wave. Also, unless Crash was a permanent fixture, he shouldn't be replacing an original character. Crash also isn't even a full on Sensei....he's only one by default as a guest via loophole. Story wise, to conveniently have a life Sensei "missing" to allow for Crash makes no sense.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:21:48 16/06/2016 by Icebrrrg
#4916 Posted: 15:25:32 16/06/2016
Quote: Icebrrrg
Firstly, they wouldn't release BOTH Life Sensei's within the 1st wave. Also, unless Crash was a permanent fixture, he shouldn't be replacing an original character. Crash also isn't even a full on Sensei....he's only one by default as a guest via loophole. Story wise, to conveniently have a life Sensei "missing" to allow for Crash makes no sense.

They left out a Light and Dark character/vehicle last time to make room for Bowser and DK...
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#4917 Posted: 15:32:40 16/06/2016

They left out a Light and Dark character/vehicle last time to make room for Bowser and DK...

That's not exactly why they left them out. Light and Dark had fewer characters overall because they are supposed to be less common than the other 8. There was only 1 Trap Master and Core for them in TT and they had fewer villains overall.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#4918 Posted: 15:36:04 16/06/2016
Quote: ninja9351

That's not exactly why they left them out. Light and Dark had fewer characters overall because they are supposed to be less common than the other 8. There was only 1 Trap Master and Core for them in TT and they had fewer villains overall.

The villain counter was all over the place, but the point still stand that the previous Guest Stars counted towards the figure count. Why would they change it?
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3367
#4919 Posted: 15:36:58 16/06/2016
So Crash is like Schrödinger's Bandicoot?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9930
#4920 Posted: 15:47:54 16/06/2016
Might want to repost the article on Academy here too, now that Imaginators has the crossover.

That said, Stealth Elf has a good reason to use a mask. The tiny mouth will haunt my nightmares.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:48:14 16/06/2016 by Bifrost
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4921 Posted: 16:04:39 16/06/2016
Skylanders Academy info~

Quote: Press Release
New Animated Television Series "Skylanders Academy" to Debut on Netflix

Santa Monica, Calif. - Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) announced that "Skylanders Academy," the first production by Activision Blizzard Studios-its newly-created television and film studio-will premiere in Fall 2016 on Netflix, the world's leading internet television network.

"Over the last five years, millions of families around the world have welcomed Skylanders characters into their homes. Now, they'll be able to watch their favorite characters come to life on Netflix," said Bobby Kotick, Chief Executive Officer of Activision Blizzard. "We couldn't have found a better home for 'Skylanders Academy' and look forward to sharing our extraordinary characters with Netflix audiences around the world."

The series follows the heroic adventures of the Skylanders team, a group of heroes with unique elemental skills and personalities who travel the vast Skylands universe, protecting it from evil-doers and showing the next wave of Academy cadets how to do things the "Skylander way." Created by Toys For Bob, the $3 billion Skylanders franchise has sold through more than 250 million toys since pioneering the toys-to-life category in 2011, and earlier this month Activision revealed Skylanders Imaginators, the latest innovation in the franchise.

"'Skylanders Academy' gives us the opportunity to approach narrative storytelling with the same level of quality and excellence that millions of Skylanders fans have come to expect from the game," said Activision Blizzard Studios Co-President Stacey Sher. "We're inspired by our fans' excitement for these characters and have worked hard to bring these characters to life with stories our fans will love."

Activision Blizzard launched its studio last year to create original content based on the company's intellectual property, and "Skylanders Academy" is the first production by Sher and studio Co-President Nick van Dyk. The two-season Netflix partnership is another important step in Activision Blizzard's strategy of enhancing its franchises and broadening their appeal.

Produced under the supervision of showrunner Eric Rogers ("Futurama"), "Skylanders Academy" features the voices of Justin Long ("Alvin and the Chipmunks," "Ask Me Anything") as Spyro, Ashley Tisdale ("Phineas and Ferb," "High School Musical") as Stealth Elf, Jonathan Banks ("Breaking Bad," "Better Call Saul") as Eruptor and Norm MacDonald ("Saturday Night Live") as Glumshanks. Additional voice talent includes The Diamond Minecart, Susan Sarandon, Daniel Wu, Parker Posey, James Hetfield, Catherine O'Hara, Bobcat Goldthwait, Chris Diamantopoulos, Jonny Rees, Harland Williams and Richard Horvitz.

Sher and van Dyk are joined by Sander Schwartz, the Emmy award-winning producer of animated hits including "The Batman," "The Aquabats! Super Show!" and "Justice League: The New Frontier," as the show's executive producers. "Skylanders Academy" is animated by the internationally acclaimed TeamTO studio in France.

"Activision Blizzard Studios' enviable mission is to work with our extraordinary portfolio of franchise intellectual property and bring it to broader audiences on new platforms," said van Dyk. "We're excited to reach this strategic partnership and for the future of 'Skylanders Academy.'"

Images~

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:17:01 16/06/2016 by Aura24
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#4922 Posted: 16:06:07 16/06/2016 | Topic Creator
And here's Stealth Elf and Eruptor from SA:
[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:06:28 16/06/2016 by TTD
#4923 Posted: 16:06:16 16/06/2016
It's ONLY one Netflix? smilie
Well I guess episodes will be uploaded on Youtube and other similar sites at least!

We need an Unmasked Stealth Elf Figure now!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:07:24 16/06/2016 by Icebrrrg
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8194
#4924 Posted: 16:07:12 16/06/2016
Quote: Aura24
Skylanders Academy info~

Santa Monica, Calif. - Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) announced that "Skylanders Academy," the first production by Activision Blizzard Studios-its newly-created television and film studio-will premiere in Fall 2016 on Netflix, the world's leading internet television network.

"Over the last five years, millions of families around the world have welcomed Skylanders characters into their homes. Now, they'll be able to watch their favorite characters come to life on Netflix," said Bobby Kotick, Chief Executive Officer of Activision Blizzard. "We couldn't have found a better home for 'Skylanders Academy' and look forward to sharing our extraordinary characters with Netflix audiences around the world."

The series follows the heroic adventures of the Skylanders team, a group of heroes with unique elemental skills and personalities who travel the vast Skylands universe, protecting it from evil-doers and showing the next wave of Academy cadets how to do things the "Skylander way." Created by Toys For Bob, the $3 billion Skylanders franchise has sold through more than 250 million toys since pioneering the toys-to-life category in 2011, and earlier this month Activision revealed Skylanders Imaginators, the latest innovation in the franchise.

"'Skylanders Academy' gives us the opportunity to approach narrative storytelling with the same level of quality and excellence that millions of Skylanders fans have come to expect from the game," said Activision Blizzard Studios Co-President Stacey Sher. "We're inspired by our fans' excitement for these characters and have worked hard to bring these characters to life with stories our fans will love."

Activision Blizzard launched its studio last year to create original content based on the company's intellectual property, and "Skylanders Academy" is the first production by Sher and studio Co-President Nick van Dyk. The two-season Netflix partnership is another important step in Activision Blizzard's strategy of enhancing its franchises and broadening their appeal.

Produced under the supervision of showrunner Eric Rogers ("Futurama"), "Skylanders Academy" features the voices of Justin Long ("Alvin and the Chipmunks," "Ask Me Anything") as Spyro, Ashley Tisdale ("Phineas and Ferb," "High School Musical") as Stealth Elf, Jonathan Banks ("Breaking Bad," "Better Call Saul") as Eruptor and Norm MacDonald ("Saturday Night Live") as Glumshanks. Additional voice talent includes The Diamond Minecart, Susan Sarandon, Daniel Wu, Parker Posey, James Hetfield, Catherine O'Hara, Bobcat Goldthwait, Chris Diamantopoulos, Jonny Rees, Harland Williams and Richard Horvitz.

Sher and van Dyk are joined by Sander Schwartz, the Emmy award-winning producer of animated hits including "The Batman," "The Aquabats! Super Show!" and "Justice League: The New Frontier," as the show's executive producers. "Skylanders Academy" is animated by the internationally acclaimed TeamTO studio in France.

"Activision Blizzard Studios' enviable mission is to work with our extraordinary portfolio of franchise intellectual property and bring it to broader audiences on new platforms," said van Dyk. "We're excited to reach this strategic partnership and for the future of 'Skylanders Academy.'"

Images~

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Spyro looks great!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#4925 Posted: 16:08:02 16/06/2016
So we're getting 4 Life characters? Weird.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#4926 Posted: 16:09:55 16/06/2016
Any bigger version of the Spyro and Eruptor picture?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#4927 Posted: 16:10:11 16/06/2016
This tv series may give us full-on action figures. Possibly.
#4928 Posted: 16:11:13 16/06/2016
Oh my gosh Spyro looks so cute. Sorry GD but he's too adorable.
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#4929 Posted: 16:16:21 16/06/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: Aura24
Skylanders Academy info~

Images~

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Spyro looks great!

That Spyro is meme material.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#4930 Posted: 16:17:05 16/06/2016
Stealth Elf...WITHOUT HER MOUTH COVERING?!
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4931 Posted: 16:17:40 16/06/2016
Images I posted are updated to their biggest resolution~
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#4932 Posted: 16:22:06 16/06/2016
I hope to see a trailer soon!

[User Posted Image]
---
#4933 Posted: 16:23:43 16/06/2016
^ Pop Fizz there looks...um...
---
#4934 Posted: 16:24:21 16/06/2016
Quote: SodaPopHD
^ Pop Fizz there looks...um...

Like a muppet, or something from Jim Henson's work shop.
---
Roshmarik Green Sparx Gems: 127
#4935 Posted: 16:51:28 16/06/2016
!!!Omg!!!
When skylanders academy started ?
---
BEST : smilie
#4936 Posted: 16:55:10 16/06/2016
It'll be released same month as Imaginators. We'll probably just get the pilot for now.
---
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#4937 Posted: 16:56:37 16/06/2016
Crash Starter Pack is up at GameStop. Not a Toy R Us exclusive after all.
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#4938 Posted: 17:19:24 16/06/2016
Aww, I love that Spyro! :3 The Eruptor, Pop Fizz and Stealth Elf look weird to me, but other than that I love it all.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4939 Posted: 17:21:17 16/06/2016
If Crash is part of the 31 count, then I think he'll be the only guest-star.
We are still getting 2 new Life Skylanders, and he's the 31st.

Unless they are limiting Light and Dark again (though I'm pretty sure they'll get three characters each as well).

Starting to lose hope for Swashbucklers...
Lou mentioned exactly their Class in a CoinopTV video, when talking about different leg types.
Unless he was simply talking about a specific Swashbuckler previously shown.
Don't know, it just wouldn't make sense to restrict creation again: we know Trigger Happy/Food Fight-like body shapes aren't restricted to Quickshots (and I assume Ninjas as well) so that would be an extremely weird choice.

Pretty much all the Classes we've seen have the option to select regular legs (I think we simply lack Ninjas, we might have seen them but don't know their specific weapons), why would they be that different and unique...?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
ZygardePerfecto Green Sparx Gems: 466
#4940 Posted: 17:25:04 16/06/2016
We better get Bobcat for Pop Fizz or I will flip.
---
Salamence is best Dragon.

Fight me.
#4941 Posted: 17:27:09 16/06/2016
Quote: ZygardePerfecto
We better get Bobcat for Pop Fizz or I will flip.

They did!
---
#4942 Posted: 17:30:13 16/06/2016
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I LOVE THIS
Darklander Green Sparx Gems: 305
#4943 Posted: 17:44:59 16/06/2016
Does anyone know at what hour the gamespot conference will be?
---
The Art of War! smilie
Dark and Dangerous. smilie
I Reign Supreme! smilie
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#4944 Posted: 17:47:57 16/06/2016
Skylanders Academy: Featuring the new Grump Ass Pop Fizz variant
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#4945 Posted: 17:49:18 16/06/2016
let's just be thankful VV isn't doing this

or else there would be like a bunch of robots and RADICAL VEHICLE FANTASY
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#4946 Posted: 18:16:58 16/06/2016
I'm fine with Crash being the second Life Sensei, to be honest I even hoped fot it to be like that. Though I understand why people aren't happy about this and I'm getting the Crash Starter Pack so I have reasons to be happy

I am too! Which means our Air Brawler, if your theory is true, could be true.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#4947 Posted: 18:25:15 16/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Skylanders Imaginators is now on stage on the gamespot stream.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:25:40 16/06/2016 by TTD
#4948 Posted: 18:29:36 16/06/2016
I would spare a second to see if we could find anything new,but wow those two women won't let Lou talk without a 'yeah'. We know,we know,you don't care and wish you were back home already,but let him do his speech.
---
#4949 Posted: 18:36:05 16/06/2016
it showed the "new swashbuckler tail" thing again.. so not a glitch?
MagnaSurge Yellow Sparx Gems: 1045
#4950 Posted: 19:10:43 16/06/2016
The Academy's 3D is weird and the character models look ugly to me. But maybe it'll grow on me... over time.
---
- I want Tara Strong to voice my waifu.
- Ashi will forever remain in my heart. :'c
First | Previous | Page 99 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 97 98 99 100 101 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me