darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 71 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Dark35 Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#3501 Posted: 14:41:50 06/06/2016
I believe that that pic.... IS FAKE. Mainly because I know the Facebook account and they made many fake things BUT. There are those chests just that starter pack IS FAKE
---
Buckshot is fluffy bae.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#3502 Posted: 14:42:04 06/06/2016
Quote: Nightmoon
Quote: wideawakewesley
I speculated the exact same thing a few pages back. I'm 99.9% sure the dark chest will contain imaginite/gear and I don't think we've seen anything yet that clears up whether imaginite and gear are a single thing or two distinct things, because if it's the latter that opens up other interesting possibilities.

Well, the imaginite becomes/unlocks gear as soon as it's out of the chest, so essentially, it's just a rarity signifier.

I'm still unsure of that. When I watch the video of it, it doesn't make sense in my head. Now it might just be that it's early days and the process will be clearer in the final game, but right now, the gem popping up and then a piece of gear popping up seems weird. There's no visual transformation and no textual "unlock" type message.

Also, those screens for the chest contents are pretty poor right now, so I'm really hoping TfB have more work to do there.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#3503 Posted: 18:50:43 06/06/2016
I speculated the exact same thing a few pages back. I'm 99.9% sure the dark chest will contain imaginite/gear and I don't think we've seen anything yet that clears up whether imaginite and gear are a single thing or two distinct things, because if it's the latter that opens up other interesting possibilities.

Well, the imaginite becomes/unlocks gear as soon as it's out of the chest, so essentially, it's just a rarity signifier.

I'm still unsure of that. When I watch the video of it, it doesn't make sense in my head. Now it might just be that it's early days and the process will be clearer in the final game, but right now, the gem popping up and then a piece of gear popping up seems weird. There's no visual transformation and no textual "unlock" type message.

Also, those screens for the chest contents are pretty poor right now, so I'm really hoping TfB have more work to do there.

It makes sense to me, Imaginite probably run on creation magic.
The fragments probably take a stray thought and bring it to life, but then get depleted and/or shatter after creating that piece.
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#3504 Posted: 19:03:26 06/06/2016
Quote: CakeMc
Quote: juarmo
I'd like to point out something: the official site lists the contents of both packs.
The normal edition says
1 Video Game
2 Sensei Figures
1 Imaginite creation crystal
1 collection poster
1 sticker sheet.
However, the contents for the Dark Edition say:
1 Video Game
3 Dark Sensei Figures
3 Creation Crystals
1 Portal of Power
1 Dark Edition Collector's poster
And More
That last part implies they haven't formally revealed everything in the dark edition yet

See for yourself
https://www.skylanders.com
Ps I'm on an iPhone atm if that matters

This was said on a previous post

Are you sure?
I saw a post that someone saw a list of contents at his GameStop (I think) that more or less said the same thing, but the difference I found it on the official site, which may SEEM like its a distinction without a difference, but:
1. The official site ought to be a more reliable source
2. we have 2 sources now that say it's not the full list. 1 could be an error or misunderstanding, but 2 is pretty much proof that there's more to it.

Here's the post I found: In another thread tho
Quote: griswoldthunder
In case some of you haven't been to GameStop: there is an information sheet for Skylanders Imaginators. At the bottom of the sheet, there is a list of what is included in each of the two types of starter packs. For the Dark Edition it reads:
Skylanders Imaginators Video Game
Portal of Power
3 Skylanders Sensei Figures
3 Imaginite Creation Crystals
2-Sided Collection Poster
And more to be announced...

Maybe that treasure chest is the more to be announced. I would guess that it might be a chest of parts to turn your Imaginators Skylanders into Dark Skylanders.
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:07:24 06/06/2016 by juarmo
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#3505 Posted: 19:23:00 06/06/2016
Even if the Dark Edition is a photoshop, there's still the mysteries of the following about it:

- The new art of Wolfgang.
- The new render of the Imaginator.
- The Treasure Chest.
- How else could the crystals be put into the image? I mean, how could someone of put them in the photo without the glow affect?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#3506 Posted: 19:25:14 06/06/2016
Its fake, but its real, if that makes sense. Everything about it is real, but it isn't physically real, its an early placeholder box.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#3507 Posted: 19:31:01 06/06/2016
Quote: Bionichute
Its fake, but its real, if that makes sense. Everything about it is real, but it isn't physically real, its an early placeholder box.

Okay, so the chest and that specific Life Crystal we know are going to be in it?

Also, I find it funny how I'm going to get at least two Fire Crystals on Day One, yet I hardly know one Fire Character I want to make.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#3508 Posted: 21:16:05 06/06/2016
Toys r us' preorder cards are just sheets of paper pfff
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#3509 Posted: 21:17:18 06/06/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

[User Posted Image]

-----
#3510 Posted: 21:17:38 06/06/2016

Wait, what is their preorder bonus this year?
---
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#3511 Posted: 21:17:55 06/06/2016
Just thought I should point this out.
Any character revealed at E3, will be in Wave one.
Fiesta, DK, And Bowser were all revealed at E3 and they were in Wave one, correct?
So they must be doing the same thing here.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#3512 Posted: 21:21:17 06/06/2016
Quote: Luminous35
Fiesta, DK, And Bowser were all revealed at E3 and they were in Wave one, correct?

Huh... I guess so! I checked some Trap Team E3 vids and all of them seem to be from Wave 1. Nice catch!
#3513 Posted: 21:28:53 06/06/2016
I'm I the only one who thinks that it's only a matter of time before Tri-Tip gets a Legendary?
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3514 Posted: 21:34:13 06/06/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257
I'm I the only one who thinks that it's only a matter of time before Tri-Tip gets a Legendary?

There's already a Legendary custom of him made by a fan on instagram.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#3515 Posted: 21:36:10 06/06/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

Huh... I guess so! I checked some Trap Team E3 vids and all of them seem to be from Wave 1. Nice catch!

Fingers crossed the Life character is in Wave one!
HAHAHA I wish.
Chances are, hes Wave two with the Fire Sensei. He looks like a Wave two character. So does the Fire Sensei. The Water and Air however, look like Wave 3.
It all depends honestly.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#3516 Posted: 22:30:00 06/06/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257

Wait, what is their preorder bonus this year?

nothing we know of ATM
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2745
#3517 Posted: 23:59:26 06/06/2016

What about Night Shift, Stink Bomb, and Freeze Blade being at E3 yet also being waves 2, 3, and 4 respectively?
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#3518 Posted: 00:14:17 07/06/2016
I've just kind of noticed something in titaniumdrago's analysis video.
You know how we've been saying the unknown Air Sensei is a ninja?
I realized he's actually wielding a sword, or at least a sword-like weapon, meaning he could actually be a knight.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#3519 Posted: 00:26:24 07/06/2016
Quote: ExcitonKnight

What about Night Shift, Stink Bomb, and Freeze Blade being at E3 yet also being waves 2, 3, and 4 respectively?

I think he means all the chadacters in Wave 1 will be announced by E3...
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#3520 Posted: 01:18:33 07/06/2016
I'm not really liking the unnamed characters. They don't seem like they have a theme or a base. They seem like they're just a bunch of random parts thrown together. They seem like... Imaginators. King Pen and Tri Tip have themes; They're a cool ice punching penguin and a cool smashing rushing triceratops. The others just seem pointless.

Other than the girl with the squid guns. She seems interesting.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#3521 Posted: 01:35:33 07/06/2016
^ it's a little silly to say you don't like the charscters that we only have a single image for compared to the characters we have complete gameplay of. Just a little biased of you lol.

Of course the other 2 characters don't have much appeal yet, we don't even know their names or what they really look like lol.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#3522 Posted: 02:07:19 07/06/2016
I like look of the unnamed Air Sensei better than any of TfB's previous large figures in the Air element.

Also, here is a Brawler that looks like a tomato.
[User Posted Image]
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#3523 Posted: 02:23:40 07/06/2016
^That's one with the Chompy head.
I don't like how it doesn't have natural eyes...
---
Check this out! Please?
#3524 Posted: 02:54:05 07/06/2016
Nice I hadn't seen that air sensei. Judging by the oriental hair bun, it could make a good Ninja class .

This plus the air knight make the air element pretty likeable this year.
---
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#3525 Posted: 03:11:02 07/06/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

Fingers crossed the Life character is in Wave one!
HAHAHA I wish.
Chances are, hes Wave two with the Fire Sensei. He looks like a Wave two character. So does the Fire Sensei. The Water and Air however, look like Wave 3.
It all depends honestly.

Yeah that life sensei looks cool, but either way... If he is wave one, we don't have to wait, but they usually release most of the cooler looking ones early and the OP ones later.
---
Any last wishes?
#3526 Posted: 03:27:36 07/06/2016
Quote: B-BOB358
Nice I hadn't seen that air sensei. Judging by the oriental hair bun, it could make a good Ninja class .

What Air Sensei?

If you mean this character...
[User Posted Image]
...that's a custom. All the ones in that final shot are custom, hence the line "Who will you create?"
---
#3527 Posted: 03:32:42 07/06/2016
the tomato guy looks meme-worthy
stealth Yellow Sparx Gems: 1040
#3528 Posted: 03:33:06 07/06/2016

What Air Sensei?

If you mean this character...
[User Posted Image]
...that's a custom. All the ones in that final shot are custom, hence the line "Who will you create?"

Ok I'm replicating that custom because she honestly looks awesome. No weapon... brawler??
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#3529 Posted: 03:49:19 07/06/2016
^ it's a little silly to say you don't like the charscters that we only have a single image for compared to the characters we have complete gameplay of. Just a little biased of you lol.

Of course the other 2 characters don't have much appeal yet, we don't even know their names or what they really look like lol.

Even so, they just seem so random and conceptless.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#3530 Posted: 04:07:22 07/06/2016
Quote: stealth

Ok I'm replicating that custom because she honestly looks awesome. No weapon... brawler??

She's dual-wielding weapons similar to that of King Pen, so yeah, Brawler.
[User Posted Image]
Her body and weapons are not visible at the same time, due to camera pan, Tomato Guy and text being in the way.
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#3531 Posted: 06:17:21 07/06/2016
I really hope Wolfgang won't become an archer, we have like too much of these Wolfgang was always really original.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#3532 Posted: 06:34:09 07/06/2016
Quote: Kevin16
I really hope Wolfgang won't become an archer, we have like too much of these Wolfgang was always really original.

Seeing as how his Dark counterpart is archer-based, it's pretty much confirmed he'll be in some sort of the Archer class in his normal toy figure.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#3533 Posted: 06:50:36 07/06/2016
Agreed. And I honestly think that a changing guitar strings for bowstrings is fine, as long as the new version stays true to the character's mannerisms and personality. So long as it still 'feels' like Wolfgang, I'll be perfectly happy.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
#3534 Posted: 07:59:34 07/06/2016
He's almost basically confirmed as an archer with his figure pose.

But it doesn't mean he'll be hugely different from his original play style, they might have just swapped one of his attacks for shooting an arrow. Like that attack where he fired musical notes .

I think a bow suits him well, and it's got multiple strings so he can probably still play his electric guitar music.
---
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#3535 Posted: 12:42:01 07/06/2016

Yeah and if I remember correctly Star Strike, Grim Creeper, Hoot Loop & Free Ranger were at E3 as well. And even if the others are in Wave 2, it doesn't really matter since Wave 2 usually comes out 5 days after release in the U.S and on the release day in Eur.... but Europe is getting the game earlier, SO WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR WAVE 2!!! *prays that there aren't any future favorites in Wave 2*
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#3536 Posted: 14:32:37 07/06/2016
the tomato guy looks meme-worthy

pls no
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3537 Posted: 14:44:40 07/06/2016
Foxy Grandpa is the only worthy meme. That and catchphrase jokes.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3538 Posted: 14:49:21 07/06/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Foxy Grandpa is the only worthy meme. That and catchphrase jokes.

Foxy Grandpa can't handle life.
---
Check this out! Please?
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#3539 Posted: 14:50:51 07/06/2016
[User Posted Image]

...I just had tomato be the first one to do it.
#3540 Posted: 17:41:38 07/06/2016
i literally just came across an old google doc of all my OCs

time to sort though them to see who can be made.
BoneGrunt Green Sparx Gems: 447
#3541 Posted: 22:11:46 07/06/2016
I tweeted Lorne Balfe earlier this week, asking if he was scoring the music for Skylanders once again this year.

He said no. smilie
#3542 Posted: 22:16:08 07/06/2016
Gah, that's actually bad news. Unless they got someone that actually went back to the game's roots with the themeing since SC just lost the identity.
---
BoneGrunt Green Sparx Gems: 447
#3543 Posted: 22:18:35 07/06/2016
He said it was a real shame he couldn't do it this year, so I'm sure he enjoyed working on the series.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#3544 Posted: 22:19:08 07/06/2016
Oh, strange. I hope that a good composer takes his place.

Strange that Eric Rogers said that he was involved in Academy.
---
Bruh
#3545 Posted: 22:28:49 07/06/2016
Quote: Crash10

Probably reusing the soundtrack from the current games.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#3546 Posted: 22:35:02 07/06/2016
Quote: Aura24

Strange too, because Eric said that the soundtrack would be fully original.

What is bad is that the Skylanders style of music is directly associated with Balfe, because that's his style of music (you can hear other scores he made and realize that). So probably Skylanders will have a different style of soundtrack from now on.
---
Bruh
#3547 Posted: 22:36:31 07/06/2016
Quote: Aura24

Strange too, because Eric said that the soundtrack would be fully original.

What is bad is that the Skylanders style of music is directly associated with Balfe, because that's his style of music (you can hear other scores he made and realize that). So probably Skylanders will have a different style of soundtrack from now on.

Oh god... That's a scary thought there. I hope the new guy composes the game as well as Balfe.

And I was just listening to the SSA Soundtrack, too...
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3548 Posted: 23:11:12 07/06/2016
Not happy to hear that. smilie

That being said, it fits the direction of the series.
Starting from SuperChargers (sorry again for blaming you for too many things, V.V.) it seems that Activision wants each new entry to have a very unique and specific identity, maybe at the cost of losing a general identity.

From bases, to logos, to the removal of Cores they are apparently changing a lot.
Not liking this soluction but it's not a bad thing per se.
There are aspects I'm liking, like a seemingly perfect mix between TfB and V.V.'s designs or the fact they are focusing more about in-game innovation rather than pure toy gimmicks.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#3549 Posted: 23:21:42 07/06/2016
It could be simply that Balfe is not avaliable. He became a big name recently,doing a lot of stuff for movies and whatnot without following Hans Zimmer around.
---
First | Previous | Page 71 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me