darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
Page 1 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#1 Posted: 14:53:50 18/03/2016 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Topic Rules

• Discuss anything related to the Skylanders franchise
  • Off-topic posts will be deleted
  • Follow the forum rules
  • Edited 47 times - Last edited at 02:09:31 03/02/2021 by TTD
    AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
    #2 Posted: 15:00:32 18/03/2016
    Well, regardless of it's legitimacy, I think that sounds pretty cool. Seems like Malefor could wind up being the main villain like we all predicted. I'd also be down for having Chaos variants over Dark variants now that we have the Dark element.
    ---
    Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
    Check this out! Please?
    HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
    #3 Posted: 15:00:58 18/03/2016
    OH SHOOT SOUNDS AWESOME!
    ---
    Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
    skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5272
    #4 Posted: 15:01:40 18/03/2016
    I'd love for it to be real. But as one of my friends said, it gives away too much. Too much for the first leak.
    ---
    My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
    #5 Posted: 15:04:28 18/03/2016
    What I want to know what is the purpose of the info? What is it part of?
    ---
    Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
    mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
    #6 Posted: 15:15:35 18/03/2016
    Did anyone notice how it says S2 Sunburn, AND elite Sunburn? I really don't think they would do that.

And what in the world does LG mean?
    ---
    Dead
    #7 Posted: 15:16:50 18/03/2016
    Quote: mega spyro
    Did anyone notice how it says S2 Sunburn, AND elite Sunburn? I really don't think they would do that.

Legendary I assumed.
    ---
    #8 Posted: 15:26:28 18/03/2016
    Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Legendary I assumed.

Ah, that would make sense. I'm assuming that LC would mean LightCore though, and that would mean there is a Legendary Lightcore S2 Sunburn, a Lightcore S2 sunburn, and an Elite Sunburn.

And did anyone else notice how it didn't give names for the new guys, just saying New Light New Dark, New Magic?
    ---
    Dead
    #9 Posted: 15:34:36 18/03/2016

Legendary I assumed.

Ah, that would make sense. I'm assuming that LC would mean LightCore though, and that would mean there is a Legendary Lightcore S2 Sunburn, a Lightcore S2 sunburn, and an Elite Sunburn.

And did anyone else notice how it didn't give names for the new guys, just saying New Light New Dark, New Magic?

No new Skylanders entire. Drek will go insane.
    ---
    Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
    #10 Posted: 15:50:29 18/03/2016
    This is waaay too strange. Did they even say where they found it? The game's title being miscapitalized is also eyebrow raising and the names of the packs are edgy the hedgy with the Chaos stuff(and if it was Kaos themed they'd have a K, wouldn't they?).
    ---
    SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
    (What I need is never what I want)
    #11 Posted: 15:55:20 18/03/2016
    Quote: Bifrost
    This is waaay too strange. Did they even say where they found it? The game's title being miscapitalized is also eyebrow raising and the names of the packs are edgy the hedgy with the Chaos stuff(and if it was Kaos themed they'd have a K, wouldn't they?).

The guy who sent it to me said that he doesn't remember the website name.
    ---
    #12 Posted: 15:55:33 18/03/2016
    The lost secret is a terrible name for one thing.
    ---
    #13 Posted: 15:58:23 18/03/2016 | Topic Creator
    It would be an odd move considering that the game is normally named after the gimmick.
    #14 Posted: 15:59:06 18/03/2016
    Quote: skylandsfan

The guy who sent it to me said that he doesn't remember the website name.

Sure, sure, page history isn't a thing. I know we've seen some leaks in weird places,but it wouldn't get removed anytime soon.
    Looking around in OHIM for any new Skylanders trademarks also doesn't come up with anything,so they'd be shooting themselves in the foot big time to put this out where anyone can steal it.
    ---
    Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:02:39 18/03/2016 by Bifrost
    #15 Posted: 16:04:30 18/03/2016

Legendary I assumed.

But it says New Light New Dark New Magic. I assume that means new characters, but what I find odd is that they can't put a name on them.
    ---
    Dead
    #16 Posted: 16:06:51 18/03/2016 | Topic Creator
    It could always be a placeholder name, still it is a bit suspicious that the guy miraculously forgot the website.
    #17 Posted: 16:08:30 18/03/2016
    Wonder if that guy that leaked Superchargers with real inside info could confirm this? I never looked up his philosophy with leaks but it's not like we have anyone else as a reliable source here and the fandom's too small to get a no from other people in the industry.
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:08:55 18/03/2016 by Bifrost
    CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
    #18 Posted: 16:08:44 18/03/2016
    'skylanders - the lost secret', with a name like that it sounds like an awesome game already. it also have a kaos starter pack, so thats a huge plus. i am aboard on this one that is for sure smilie
    ---
    Ha! HA, sage ich.
    #19 Posted: 16:16:32 18/03/2016
    Yes. Such an awesome name that gets 117 results on fanfiction.net and over 3k if I don't make it that exact wording. Totes not overused.
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:17:23 18/03/2016 by Bifrost
    #20 Posted: 16:20:27 18/03/2016 | Topic Creator
    Well at least it isn't as generic as superchargers smilie
    OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
    #21 Posted: 16:24:29 18/03/2016
    So is LC Light core?

That would make:
    Legendary+Lightcore Sunburn
    Legendary Undead
    Legendary Air
    Legendary Earth

"Ultimate Skylanders Exclusive"
    Spyro + Stealth Elf + Hex

"Dragon Relm Pack"
    "Ultimate Cynder" + Level + Magic Item

(Light Core)S4 Whirlwind
    (Light Core) S2 Deja Vu
    (Light Core)S2 Fright Rider
    (Light Core)S2 Sunburn

Malefor Hideout Pack
    (Does it come with the Elites?)
    Elite Hex
    Elite SonicBoom
    Elite Drobot
    Elite Sunburn

Main Game release is: Skylanders The Lost Secret

Chaos Starter Pack with:
    "Chaotic Version"
    New Light, Dark, and Magic Skylanders
    + Chaos Eye (Level Piece)

And a Regular Pack with just the 3 Skylanders.

---------------------------------------------------

Presuming this is true (This looks like maybe a Toys R Us press flyer hence legendary's):

-Light Cores Return
    -There is now Ultimate and Chaos Variants (Ultimate is maybe the Gimmick?)
    -Looks like instead of a huge gimmick they're returning to Old S1 Skylanders packs with new Level DLC pieces.
    -No Portal Owners Pack
    -Sunburrrrrrrnnnnnn
    -If this is from one store (I'm saying Toys R Us) They're getting the "Ultimate" pack and Legendaries as Exclusives
    ---
    Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
    http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
    http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
    #22 Posted: 16:24:59 18/03/2016
    Well,Superchargers is a nice pun and rolls off the tongue. Those are the two main naming conventions in the series. Lost Secret still rolls off but again, suspicious of edgy.
    ---
    #23 Posted: 16:28:27 18/03/2016 | Topic Creator
    I wasn't the biggest fan of the superchargers name, it grew on me in time though. Yeah, I agree. I don't mind the name personally, however generic it may sound. It does suggest the potential for a deeper story though which I'm totally up for.
    GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
    #24 Posted: 16:39:52 18/03/2016
    You can always tell when something is made up. You will see amateurish names like "The Lost Secret."

My 6 year old daughter could come up with a better name. Everyone's been clamoring about a new Sunburn and all the sudden we get 3? I just don't see any of it being true, and I'm mainly basing it off of the cheap name no one put an original thought into.
    ---
    Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
    #25 Posted: 16:40:50 18/03/2016
    So can we talk about the whole "Ultimate Skylanders" thing? To me it sounds like they might be doing their own version of Mega Evolution if this is legit.

I mean, they already kind of ripped off Pokemon with Trap Team, so this wouldn't surprise me. smilie

Okay, but in all seriousness now, I kind of hope that's going to be the case. Just seems like it would be pretty cool.
    ---
    Check this out! Please?
    Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
    #26 Posted: 16:42:36 18/03/2016

Legendary I assumed.

You betcha! smilie

No, seriously, I think it looks way too chaotic to be true.
    Like... Too much.

But speaking about the name... Is it really that much better compared to "SuperChargers"...?
    I'm sincerely more interested in knowing about a "lost secret" rather than... Whatever the other name suggests (even if both titles are indeed bland).

I'm totally saying this because that's what I believe.
    Not because they listed like 10 new reposes and I pretend this will never happen again.

Aaaaaabsolutely.
    ---
    ”Gulp, lunch time!”
    Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
    Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:50:25 18/03/2016 by Drek95
    #27 Posted: 16:44:04 18/03/2016
    Quote: AdamGregory03
    So can we talk about the whole "Ultimate Skylanders" thing? To me it sounds like they might be doing their own version of Mega Evolution if this is legit.

I mean, they already kind of ripped off Pokemon with Trap Team, so this wouldn't surprise me. smilie

Okay, but in all seriousness now, I kind of hope that's going to be the case. Just seems like it would be pretty cool.

Mega Evolutions-like mechanics would be actually amazing. A GOOD excuse for huge figures for once, maybe a guarantee of quality, but the main problem is that it'll just be another Elite/Legendary in the future.
    ---
    OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
    #28 Posted: 16:57:26 18/03/2016
    I mean...unless The Lost Secret is a working name.

As in some secret lost ULTIMATE power thing...lol.
    ---
    Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
    http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
    http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
    Fireworks Emerald Sparx Gems: 3094
    #29 Posted: 16:57:51 18/03/2016
    A lot of awesome things in this ''leak'' that I would love to see in Sky 6. A Chaos Starter Pack, a Dragon Realm Pack, Malefor ? I'd be so sold.
    But a few things seems a little suspicious. Like there's way too many Sunburn, also a Starter Pack with only new Skylanders and no reposes ? Too good to be true, it really looks more like a fan wishlist.
    ---
    Don't mind me, I'm just not a very talkative person.
    angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
    #30 Posted: 17:03:39 18/03/2016
    Feels fake to me: several things included in that list have been widely acclaimed by fans. It seems to be taylor made for us.

Additionally, that list has a heavy nostalgic inspiration, which goes in the opposite direction to the "let's innovate" of the franchise.

Nevertheless, let's assume for a second is true, the fact malefor is included is good news I believe and the chaotic light things seems interesting. I guess Chaotic is a word relative to "Kaos", but not sure in which way it relates.
    ---
    Life sucks...and then you die.
    Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:20:01 18/03/2016 by angelg
    fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
    #31 Posted: 17:14:13 18/03/2016
    WOW Lightcores? Hex as a Legendary? Lots of love for Sunburn? A second Deja Vu? Malefor? More Fright Rider? This reads more like a fan's wish list than reality. I mean if it's real then I'm really in for "The Lost Secret" if that's the name. I find it suspicious though as there is no new names mentioned, only the oldies. I'll take this as a dream until I see more proof though.
    ---
    Stay Cool!
    Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
    #32 Posted: 17:17:10 18/03/2016
    Quote: Fireworks
    A lot of awesome things in this ''leak'' that I would love to see in Sky 6. A Chaos Starter Pack, a Dragon Realm Pack, Malefor ? I'd be so sold.
    But a few things seems a little suspicious. Like there's way too many Sunburn, also a Starter Pack with only new Skylanders and no reposes ? Too good to be true, it really looks more like a fan wishlist.

Agree, definitely too much fanservice.

Especially the Starter Pack.
    I mean... Is not like we've had a Starter Pack with no trace of reposes between SWAP Force and SuperChargers, absolutely never gonna happen. smilie

They basically saw what the fanbase wanted and slapped them on a list with some cool sounding names like "chaotic", "ultimate" and such.
    ---
    ”Gulp, lunch time!”
    Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
    #33 Posted: 17:17:21 18/03/2016
    There's a single problem if it's real though - Legendary Hex can be singlehandedly the ugliest variant(excluding Eggcited Thrillipede of course). Either she'll be blue skinned and yellow, which will change very little and be tacky as heck,or yellow skinned with a blue dress,which will just look stupid. I was hoping for at least Enchanted for her, as a small reference to Pearl Hex maybe.
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:17:42 18/03/2016 by Bifrost
    #34 Posted: 17:30:56 18/03/2016
    Did the person who contacted the users here said anything interesting in the text?Or did he just attached the image and said that was parto of sky6 lineup?

It feels a bit weird to have legendary versions of characters that haven't get a lot of attention in the last games.
    ---
    Fireworks Emerald Sparx Gems: 3094
    #35 Posted: 17:33:29 18/03/2016
    Quote: Drek95
    Quote: Fireworks

Agree, definitely too much fanservice.

Especially the Starter Pack.
    I mean... Is not like we've had a Starter Pack with no trace of reposes between SWAP Force and SuperChargers, absolutely never gonna happen. smilie

They basically saw what the fanbase wanted and slapped them on a list with some cool sounding names like "chaotic", "ultimate" and such.

You're right, I forgot Trap Team Starter Pack didn't have a reposes but the game didn't have many of them anyway. Though the 3DS did come with a mini, Barkley, that already existed since Giants.
    ---
    Don't mind me, I'm just not a very talkative person.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:34:02 18/03/2016 by Fireworks
    Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
    #36 Posted: 17:40:57 18/03/2016
    I've been waiting form this Spyro, Cynder and Malefor moment! Looks like it's finally come if this turns out to be real. smilie
    I am extremely hyped already, it's hard to not keep my hopes up. It is rather strange how they would have an elite and a regular figure, though.
    What I find interesting is that somebody actually managed to come across this, and how it would be possible while 'looking for digimon.'
    There's a single problem if it's real though - Legendary Hex can be singlehandedly the ugliest variant(excluding Eggcited Thrillipede of course). Either she'll be blue skinned and yellow, which will change very little and be tacky as heck,or yellow skinned with a blue dress,which will just look stupid. I was hoping for at least Enchanted for her, as a small reference to Pearl Hex maybe.

Agreed, it really isn't a good idea to give her the Legendary color scheme at all. An Enchanted would be a good idea, it'd look pretty neat.
    ---
    Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:43:34 18/03/2016 by Spyro Lover122
    #37 Posted: 17:41:07 18/03/2016
    Quote: angelg
    Did the person who contacted the users here said anything interesting in the text?Or did he just attached the image and said that was parto of sky6 lineup?

It feels a bit weird to have legendary versions of characters that haven't get a lot of attention in the last games.

He just asked if I knew anything about it. I didn't, so I sent it to TTD.
    ---
    #38 Posted: 17:45:54 18/03/2016

She could also just be all dark blue with like gold lips and fingernails, and maybe gold highlights on her clothes. Not sure if that would look any better though.
    ---
    Check this out! Please?
    MagnaSurge Yellow Sparx Gems: 1045
    #39 Posted: 17:47:46 18/03/2016
    If the "Ultimate" gimmick turns out to be true, then this is the true "SuperChargers" gimmick since these are basically super transformations. smilie
    For 6kylanders I was hoping and wanting super transformed states of the characters, and it may actually happen if true.
    ---
    - I want Tara Strong to voice my waifu.
    - Ashi will forever remain in my heart. :'c
    fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
    #40 Posted: 17:48:58 18/03/2016
    Quote: Drek95

I dunno, that would probably be the BEST thing to do as who's really left to buy these things? Mostly the die hard fans like ourselves. The causal players probably wouldn't care whoever is released and will buy whatever they feel like, so why not do a total fan service release as a big send off? People are acting like Skylanders are dead anyway, so give the fans what they want with a real send off.

Also, perhaps the Skylanders Academy cartoon is more retro and series one than we thought? Basically rebooting the series many flaws and bringing it back down to SSA a bit. Just playing devils advocate here as I don't really expect this list to be true and Sky 6 will have another stupid gimmick.
    ---
    Stay Cool!
    #41 Posted: 18:09:38 18/03/2016
    All right, I'm just going to assume that all of this IS legit and bring up the points people have been making about Sunburn.

First off, getting a repose and an elite in the same game shouldn't be that bad, especially when the first game the elites were introduced in had a Gill Grunt repose, and for that game GG was one of those elites.

I will say though that the fact that they don't give the names of the new characters and just say "new characters" is kind of a red flag for me, unless Activision just didn't give out the names.
    ---
    Check this out! Please?
    Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
    #42 Posted: 18:15:52 18/03/2016
    Quote: AdamGregory03
    All right, I'm just going to assume that all of this IS legit and bring up the points people have been making about Sunburn.

First off, getting a repose and an elite in the same game shouldn't be that bad, especially when the first game the elites were introduced in had a Gill Grunt repose, and for that game GG was one of those elites.

I will say though that the fact that they don't give the names of the new characters and just say "new characters" is kind of a red flag for me, unless Activision just didn't give out the names.

Yeah, it isn't really as odd as a lot are making it out to be. But I agree that 'new characters' isn't mentioning any names and such.
    ---
    Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
    #43 Posted: 18:19:21 18/03/2016
    Quote: MagnaSurge
    If the "Ultimate" gimmick turns out to be true, then this is the true "SuperChargers" gimmick since these are basically super transformations. smilie
    For 6kylanders I was hoping and wanting super transformed states of the characters, and it may actually happen if true.

I have thought of this gimmick as well, it seems to be a "safe bet" which they haven't used yet. Regardless of the leak being true or not, it si something I think have some possibilities of happening, not too much, but some.

It would be good as well, if this expanded to all skylanders someway and not only to the new ones.
    ---
    Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
    #44 Posted: 18:35:42 18/03/2016
    Quote: TTD

Someone contacted me on instagram and sent me a potential skylanders 6 leak. I am taking this with a massive grain of salt and I suggest that you do too but I thought that I'd post it here for anyone interested. The person in question found this image when looking for information on digimon.

Yeahhhh, nope. Most fake content come from instagram and some users fall for stuff like this. Plus, the amount of Sunburns in the list...

Unless it's made official by the devs or Activision, I won't fall for this leak.
    ---
    "Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
    BOOMCAKE Blue Sparx Gems: 970
    #45 Posted: 18:47:30 18/03/2016
    I am reading right two starter packs? One with chaotic skylanders and one with regulars skylanders?

Sound like to me back to the roots with PVP focus.
    Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:51:02 18/03/2016 by BOOMCAKE
    Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
    #46 Posted: 19:03:33 18/03/2016
    Uuuuh, this looks more of a fan fiction/game than a real thing. I will not believe until we have proper information.

Also, I don't like the idea of many reposes, even if the choices are good. If they're at least revamps, I can accept, but, aside from that, I hope the leaks are fake (and it's very probable that they are).
    ---
    Bruh
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:39:29 18/03/2016 by Crash10
    GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
    #47 Posted: 19:15:21 18/03/2016
    I wish this is true because I noticed there was nothing about a new smilie. Finally we might get a game without Gill Grunt for a change.
    ---
    Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
    Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
    #48 Posted: 19:32:56 18/03/2016
    Quote: MagnaSurge

6kylanders is a nice pun, I approve.

Again,it'd be nice to have a way of verifying this. Sure,cutting discussion on the thread miiight work against us, but getting our hopes up too much will as well.
    ---
    newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
    #49 Posted: 19:33:05 18/03/2016
    This is clearly fake... the huge focus on Spyro/dragons gives it up. No offense, but considering the source is some guy on Instagram, you should have think more before creating a topic that will have members go crazy over one fan expectations.
    ---
    bye
    #50 Posted: 19:40:37 18/03/2016 | Topic Creator
    Quote: newkill
    This is clearly fake... the huge focus on Spyro/dragons gives it up. No offense, but considering the source is some guy on Instagram, you should have think more before creating a topic that will have members go crazy over one fan expectations.

I don't think that it's my call to restrict this potential information and not share it, it's totally up to everyone to make their own mind up of its authenticity. Still, this isn't a topic solely for the discussion of said 'leak' but for discussion on the next skylanders game as a whole, whether that be rumours or news. I'm doing this to make sure that the inevitable news topic is far cleaner this year rather than general discussion or rumours being posted there.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:41:29 18/03/2016 by TTD
    Page 1 of 636 | Next | Last
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me