darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 8 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#351 Posted: 19:22:36 30/04/2016
Transformations? Who can do that?
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#352 Posted: 19:45:34 30/04/2016
Quote: yelvy

Big Bubble Pop Fizz, Hammer Slam Bowser, and Turbo Charge Donkey Kong can all transform.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#353 Posted: 20:00:12 30/04/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257

Big Bubble Pop Fizz, Hammer Slam Bowser, and Turbo Charge Donkey Kong can all transform.

Oh ok, thanks! smilie

I really like the idea of transformations. Skylanders: Shape-Shifters, anyone? smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:00:23 30/04/2016 by yelvy
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#354 Posted: 20:00:43 30/04/2016

Oh ok, thanks! smilie

I really like the idea of transformations. Skylanders: Shape-Shifters, anyone? smilie

That as the original title for Swap Force, lol.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#355 Posted: 20:01:33 30/04/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Oh ok, thanks! smilie

Wait, what? Is that true?
#356 Posted: 20:03:08 30/04/2016

Oh ok, thanks! smilie

Wait, what? Is that true?

Yep yep. Says so in the Swap Force art book.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#357 Posted: 20:07:10 30/04/2016
Well, would'ya look at that! smilie

Shape-Shifters sounds cool, but I understand why it wasn't used for SF.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#358 Posted: 23:32:38 30/04/2016
Well... It's not like Pop Fizz and his ability were introduced in SuperChargers and he's been the Magic flagship charactes since SWAP Force.

As for Donkey Kong and Bowser... Don't think they would hint at the new game's gimmick using two guest-stars.

But hey, there's still Thrillipede who can transform! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#359 Posted: 23:38:31 30/04/2016
Quote: Drek95
Well... It's not like Pop Fizz and his ability were introduced in SuperChargers and he's been the Magic flagship charactes since SWAP Force.

As for Donkey Kong and Bowser... Don't think they would hint at the new game's gimmick using two guest-stars.

But hey, there's still Thrillipede who can transform! smilie

I know its off topic but its kinda odd how Magic has two consistent flagships, while the rest have been kinda iffy on how many.

Anyway, back on topic. You make a good point, besides, a transforming gimmick sounds kinda boring. It could work, but it sounds to similar to SF.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#360 Posted: 23:49:29 30/04/2016
If they do transforming as a gimmick, I think they might make it like Pokemon's mega evolution gimmick.
I mean they already stole the basic concept of Pokemon in Trap Team, why not take it to the next level?

But as for others, I had an idea where you they released figures of the villains and classified them as "Skylanders Delinquents", as well as releasing some new characters as delinquents as well. Basically my idea was there would be a branching story, one good, one evil, and one neutral, and depending on which side the Delinquent falls into they get a new appearance and new abilities. Might be a little too complicated, but I thought it was a cool idea.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#361 Posted: 23:55:51 30/04/2016
I think they are slowly starting to replace Spyro with Pop Fizz in the games, making the former more like a flagship for the entire series, especially in the comics.

But it's true, other Elements usually have just a single important face though one could say Undead is pretty incosistent with a rather good focus on various Skylanders.

Regarding the gimmick... I sincerely don't have other ideas as of now.
I guess there are certain concepts which would work well both as single characters or Gimmicklander groups, it all depends on how the devs will handle them.
Transforming characters are an example: you could make a whole gimmick out of them but would it be necessary since we already have Pop Fizz, Pop Thorn, Hot Head, Bat Spin and other Skylanders which can do that?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:58:35 30/04/2016 by Drek95
#362 Posted: 23:57:51 30/04/2016
I think they are slowly starting to replace Spyro with Pop Fizz in the games, making the former more like a flagship for the entire series, especially in the comics.

But it's true, other Elements usually have just a single important face though one could say Undead is pretty incosistent with a rather good focus on various Skylanders.

I guess there are certain concepts which would work well both as single characters or Gimmicklander groups, it all depends on how the devs will handle them.

Undead is either Chop Chop, Cynder, or Roller Brawl. I personally think RB is the best choice. She's the most unique. I also think Slobbertooth and Zoo Lou should be the flagships for their respective elements to represent VV more.
---
#363 Posted: 00:02:08 01/05/2016

Undead is either Chop Chop, Cynder, or Roller Brawl. I personally think RB is the best choice. She's the most unique. I also think Slobbertooth and Zoo Lou should be the flagships for their respective elements to represent VV more.

But then you also have Hex appearing a lot in the comics and Ghost Roaster having a rather important role in an arc.
Fiesta is also advertised quite a lot to be honest.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#364 Posted: 00:03:14 01/05/2016

But then you also have Hex appearing a lot in the comics and Ghost Roaster having a rather important role in an arc.
Fiesta is also advertised quite a lot to be honest.

I wouldnt mind it being him TBFH, even though he's a gimmick lander smilie
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#365 Posted: 00:12:44 01/05/2016
Hex seems to be writer bias and Alex Ness mentioned during Giants that he's fond of her,but she's definately not flagship. Roller Brawl and Cynder have been sharing that spot.

Unpopular opinion here,but RB is still the worst Undead to rep. She's got ONE ability that actually represents anything spooky on either version,the rest she could literally be any element and wouldn't feel out of place. Ghost Roaster is still the go-to best represent I could think of to introduce someone to the element - spooky but goofy, and his backstory more or less talks about its effects. Hex is close but she's still got the whole Dark element-related lines confusion.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:13:40 01/05/2016 by Bifrost
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#366 Posted: 00:15:15 01/05/2016
i just wanna knOW WHAT THE HELL IS GONNA HAPPEN LIKE SERIOUSLY TRAP TEAM WAS ALREADY ANNOUNCED BY NOW IT'S ALMOST E3 WE'VE HAD NO LEAKS WHERE THE HELL IS SKYLANDERS 6

/end rant
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#367 Posted: 01:00:47 01/05/2016
Yeah but Roller Brawl is a really fun and well designed character. Personally she's my favorite Skylander of all time.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#368 Posted: 01:15:19 01/05/2016
Quote: 84skylanderdude
Yeah but Roller Brawl is a really fun and well designed character. Personally she's my favorite Skylander of all time.

Well, Hex is a really fun and well designed character, and is my favorite Skylander of all time. The sentence applies to anyone. Representing Undead should have someone who,well, represents Undead, not sheer popularity.
---
#369 Posted: 01:19:37 01/05/2016
Stealth Elf's the same though. Her attacks could unquestionably be attributed to any element.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#370 Posted: 01:25:18 01/05/2016
The dummies can't, you'd have to change their appearance - and the poison combo is very much Life. Though I never said she is any better than RB, she does have similar issues though nowhere as bad as Soul Gem/ two upgrades in a stance change only.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:26:31 01/05/2016 by Bifrost
#371 Posted: 01:28:30 01/05/2016
I think dummies could really be attributed to anything. Hell, they seem more Undead than anything. Poison seems more like Undead as well. With her ghost knives in addition, she really seems more like Undead than Life.
---
#372 Posted: 01:31:51 01/05/2016
What's any undead about the dummies? They're straw with leather wrappings, upgraded to have blades but in their base forms they're makeshift and partially what you'd make in a forest.
Poison has definately been associated with Life in this series. From her to High Five and some enemies.
The blades also are magic, not ghost. Those are the Ghost Swords,magic item,nothing to do with her.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:32:45 01/05/2016 by Bifrost
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#373 Posted: 02:17:46 01/05/2016
Ninja Stealth Elf's wow pow goes with the "creating living creatures" aspect of the life element.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#374 Posted: 02:37:10 01/05/2016
Meh, I guess I can agree with the dummies. But the poison I still associate more with Undead.

And what? I'm not talking about the magic item. I'm talking about the upgrade that gives her ghost blades.
---
#375 Posted: 11:57:21 01/05/2016
They are not ghost blades, they're explicitly called ghost blades. And insisting you think is one thing, but it's the element the skylanders using it are on.

Rattle Shake uses venom,which is a similar concept but not the same thing.

Also, David says there currently are no plans for a Sky 6 prequsl comic but it could change later. Of course r/skylanders misquotes is as "there are no plans period". It just means he's in the dark as we are since the last issue of SC had mentions of sky6 based comics, despite being in VV.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:48:55 01/05/2016 by Bifrost
#376 Posted: 16:46:21 01/05/2016
Well, it's may now.

If this thing isn't announced by E3, i'm just gonna assume it's been cancelled.

RIP In pasta skylanders 6
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#377 Posted: 16:59:22 01/05/2016
Don't be a CMB#2~
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#378 Posted: 17:00:35 01/05/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
Well, it's may now.

Calm yo self.

Wasn't SC announced in June or late May, anyway?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#379 Posted: 17:06:07 01/05/2016
Well, it's may now.

Calm yo self.

Wasn't SC announced in June or late May, anyway?

Here's our announcement dates for the past 5 games-

(TFsmilie SSA- Feb 5th, 2011
(TFsmilie SG- Feb 7th, 2012
(VV) SSF- Feb 5th, 2013
(TFsmilie STT- April 24th, 2014
(VV) SSC- June 3rd, 2015

All the past TFB games were revealed in Feb-April.

[User Posted Image]

#wheresskylanders6
#380 Posted: 17:06:51 01/05/2016
That's the joke, ZapNorris is continuing it from the Wave 5 topic.
---
#381 Posted: 17:14:03 01/05/2016
Oh that's "swell"....

We definitely don't need negative assumptions again on a new game, only for the users winding up assuming wrong.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:37:41 01/05/2016 by Aura24
#382 Posted: 17:42:30 01/05/2016

( TFB ) SSA- Feb 5th, 2011
( TFB ) SG- Feb 7th, 2012
( VV ) SSF- Feb 5th, 2013
( TFB ) STT- April 24th, 2014
( VV ) SSC- June 3rd, 2015

Hmm... Looks like announcement dates are getting later every year. I wouldn't say there's a link between VV and TFB.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:43:00 01/05/2016 by yelvy
#383 Posted: 18:28:28 01/05/2016
Yeah, I'd assume leaks will either start in early June or TFB will be able to fully plug up leaks and we'll get a reveal in mid June.
---
#384 Posted: 18:30:11 01/05/2016
Imagine a year without pre-game leaks pff
---
#385 Posted: 18:30:31 01/05/2016
Yeah sorry, I guess I was being a bit preposterous.
---
#386 Posted: 18:48:12 01/05/2016
Quote: Aura24

That'd be great for them,horrible for us. But if they don't spill the beans accidentally, we'd probably get the insider guys from twitter at least giving hints.

Nothing on EUIPO for now though, that's the only reliable site I recall that shows anything on registered game trademarks. I know there's a site that shows registered domains but from the looks of it you have to guess if you don't have an account. ESRB and the Brazilian Advisory Ratings Board don't get anything until a few months before release so not even worth looking just yet.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:50:51 01/05/2016 by Bifrost
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#387 Posted: 19:36:06 01/05/2016
I guess Sky 6 will be announced the 28th may, on the same day the champions league final, so Cristiano Ronaldo can promote the sports featured in the next installment. Maybe they'll bring Messi as well.

Seriously, we shouldn't be too far away from the first leaks smilie
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#388 Posted: 23:03:06 01/05/2016
Quote: Aura24

That would be horrible. That's a reason why I love Summer (normaly I hate Summer), it gives you a better idea how the game's gonna look like character-wise and overall just something to look forward to. If they reveal the whole poster and an updated website a week before launch it would be just too much. They always reveal the Wave 1, 2 & most of Wave 3 characters throughout the Summertime and then in Fall we get the website update with the rest.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6201
#389 Posted: 23:37:24 01/05/2016 | Topic Creator

( TFB ) SSA- Feb 5th, 2011
( TFB ) SG- Feb 7th, 2012
( VV ) SSF- Feb 5th, 2013
( TFB ) STT- April 24th, 2014
( VV ) SSC- June 3rd, 2015

Hmm... Looks like announcement dates are getting later every year. I wouldn't say there's a link between VV and TFB.

Not to mention that press events such as the reveal are determined by Activision and not the developer.
#390 Posted: 23:44:54 01/05/2016
I think we need to make a distinction between leaks, "fake" leaks and official news.

There will be official news as always, probably before the reveal, shortly after that and during the E3 period (and obviously before the game releases).

What's questioned here is the possibility of true and fake (spreaded by Activision itself but in the forms of apparent leaks) leaks of informations.
I'm pretty sure we'll get a bunch of "fake" ones once we get closer to the official announcement but don't know about the true ones.

They are being truly secretive this year but nothing too different from the last one to be fair.
We had no idea before Spitfire's "leak" in mid May.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#391 Posted: 11:06:25 02/05/2016
Well, COD is going to be announced today and it already got leaked some hours early.(on Hulu, if anyone wants to see if they screw up twice) Now that their announcement train is running HOPEFULLY Skylanders will follow closely.
---
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#392 Posted: 13:26:56 02/05/2016
E3 or Nintendo Event. Be patient guys....
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
Trighap52 Blue Sparx Gems: 637
#393 Posted: 18:27:00 04/05/2016
AaAaaaaaaaAAAAh I CAN'T WAIT WHERE IS IT !!
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
#394 Posted: 18:32:13 04/05/2016
You can wait. Everyone can, and if someone was cursed to see 6kylanders be announced or suffer a terrible fate, then that should be the guy going over to Activision for the pre-announcement care package.
---
#395 Posted: 05:07:36 06/05/2016
Activision reconfirms Skylanders 6 in first-quarter financial results.

http://investor.activision.com...eleaseID=969556
---
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#396 Posted: 12:42:00 06/05/2016
So it is coming after all.
#397 Posted: 12:51:31 06/05/2016
Still no real news, though. Seems odd that they felt the need to reassure it's coming out, but no teasers, no hints, no nothing.

By odd I mean archaic. Four months between SC's announcement and release already caught people by surprise too harshly, you can only control hype so far until it becomes an issue for people to save up for it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:53:07 06/05/2016 by Bifrost
#398 Posted: 13:59:02 06/05/2016
wtf is going on

where the hell is my skylanders 6
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#399 Posted: 14:00:23 06/05/2016
wtf is going on

where the hell is my skylanders 6

Be patient! It's still the first week of May. We'll get it sometime before E3
#400 Posted: 14:45:35 06/05/2016
Battlecast meanwhile is really pushing the definition of spring. Seems like it'll come out in the UK any time now, though.

But gosh, they must've replaced the marketing team like twice now, and it still feels oike they have no idea how to have dates and reveals like everyone else. Can't wait for Eric Rogers and TFB to get the ok to speak again because they do it a thousand times better.
---
First | Previous | Page 8 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me