darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 77 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#3801 Posted: 21:40:55 09/06/2016
I'm neutral on this crash thing. But it seems is gonna make a lot of people happy, so...why not?
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#3802 Posted: 21:41:25 09/06/2016
yea all these for me, except 2 crystals for each element.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#3803 Posted: 21:48:43 09/06/2016
I was okay with the amiibos because they were the only characters that couldn't be used on other consoles. It made the Wii U version the definitive version.

Now this gets messy because some versions of the game (Imaginators) will work with DK and Bowser (Wii U) and some will work with Crash (PS4) which is not only unfair to XBOX users, but makes it so there is no "Full" Version of the game.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3804 Posted: 21:51:31 09/06/2016
Yeah, because the Wii U version of SuperChargers was totally fair to Sony and Microsoft users... smilie

At least with Crash there is hope he might be only a Starter Pack exclusive and not a PS4 one as well.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#3805 Posted: 21:52:23 09/06/2016
There's also the perfect backstory behind Crash and Cortex getting into Skylands: Cortex creates a devise that is a vortex to another dimension, and Crash comes to try and stop him before he uses it to take over other universes. When Crash arrives, the two fight it out, but are interrupted when the vortex becomes so powerful from the power Cortex is giving it that the two get sucked into it, leading them to Skylands. Cortex wants to conquer the universe, but Crash goes to explore in curiousity. With his vortex now busted from a power overload, Cortex decides to follow him. From there, they find the Skylanders, who are fighting against an army of Kaos' Doomlanders. Crash instantly leaps in to help out, while Cortex watches. After the Doomlanders are conquered, the Skylanders welcome Crash to join them, as they can use any help they can get. Crash obviously agrees willingly, and after some training with Eon, joins the Skylanders and becomes a Sensei. Cortex does not want to help the Skylanders, and asks them why an established villain and mastermind like himself should help a bunch of rag-tag heroes. Eon then tells Cortex that if Kaos takes over Skylands, there'll be no way for him to get home, as well as no way for him to conquer it for himself. This persuades Cortex, who grudgingly agrees to help, but only if the Skylanders help fix his vortex after Kaos is defeated.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#3806 Posted: 21:56:23 09/06/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257
There's also the perfect backstory behind Crash and Cortex getting into Skylands: Cortex creates a devise that is a vortex to another dimension, and Crash comes to try and stop him before he uses it to take over other universes. When Crash arrives, the two fight it out, but are interrupted when the vortex becomes so powerful from the power Cortex is giving it that the two get sucked into it, leading them to Skylands. Cortex wants to conquer the universe, but Crash goes to explore in curiousity. With his vortex now busted from a power overload, Cortex decides to follow him. From there, they find the Skylanders, who are fighting against an army of Kaos' Doomlanders. Crash instantly leaps in to help out, while Cortex watches. After the Doomlanders are conquered, the Skylanders welcome Crash to join them, as they can use any help they can get. Crash obviously agrees willingly, and after some training with Eon, joins the Skylanders and becomes a Sensei. Cortex does not want to help the Skylanders, and asks them why an established villain and mastermind like himself should help a bunch of rag-tag heroes. Eon then tells Cortex that if Kaos takes over Skylands, there'll be no way for him to get home, as well as no way for him to conquer it for himself. This persuades Cortex, who grudgingly agrees to help, but only if the Skylanders help fix his vortex after Kaos is defeated.

Cool, I like this backstory. Tbh, I thought it would be the same thing Eon told the Doom Raiders: Become a sensei, or be sent to Cloud Cracker Prison.
---
#3807 Posted: 21:59:00 09/06/2016
Well, if this wasn't confirmed already, Skylanders italian Facebook page posted Golden Queen's artwork saying that "she was give the option to either become a Skylander or get sent back to Cloudcracker Prison.

It's still "just" the Facebook page but better than nothing, I guess.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
PainterRex Blue Sparx Gems: 881
#3808 Posted: 00:42:14 10/06/2016
Am I the only one that doesn't really care that much about crash? *gets booed out of the forums*
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#3809 Posted: 00:46:05 10/06/2016
THE SALT
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#3810 Posted: 00:47:45 10/06/2016
Quote: Sesshomaru75
If Crash really is in the game, but only in the PS4 exclusive "Crash Edition", then I think it's safe to assume that Sony really does own Crash now.

The thing I don't get is why people are getting so salty about this when this is possibly a good thing since it's heavily implying that Crash belongs to Sony now.
Him being in Skylanders could just be a way of promoting a future game, assuming there really is one in the works.

Also, what's up with y'all complaining about him being a PS4 exclusive?
Sony's been cock-teasing Crash for a long while now.
So assuming they do own him now, why would they allow him into other versions of the game that aren't on Sony consoles?

Did Nintendo do that with Bowser or Donkey Kong? No. Why? Because those characters have also been exclusive to Nintendo consoles and games.
Why would Sony, assuming they do in fact own Crash now, act any differently? (Especially if they're trying to promote a future installment with this)

Time to beat that horse again.

Original skylander advertisements claimed that figures were universal so they could be used on all consoles, Bowser, Donkey Kong and (potentially) Crash break that fundamental rule to the game. Plus it's a real slap in the face to the other players on different systems.
---
Hahahahaha
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#3811 Posted: 00:57:38 10/06/2016
Agreed, saying that Bowser/DK should have been on other consoles is just being plain ignorant about copyright laws.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3812 Posted: 00:58:51 10/06/2016
Considering we went and ate up Bowser and DK despite everyone complaining on exclusivity, no surprise Acti did it again. The message they got is 'everyone loved it keep doing it'.

Also,it's not a problem for them, it's for their wallets since that's quite a lot of cash to shell out just to play a character from their childhood. But here's hoping it's also PS3 compatible if real, it'd be a real slap to the face be PS4 only(no "oh you're so last gen" bull, it's two consoles out of 5, half the fanbase is still missing out if that's the intention).
But the issue is CHOOSING to make these guest stars like this. If this is real? Then it's too late to come back just like the nintendo guest stars, they're staying exclusive.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:59:38 10/06/2016 by Bifrost
#3813 Posted: 01:03:00 10/06/2016
I hope crash would be on PS3, since oh idk i can actually AFFORD one of those.

also
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#3814 Posted: 01:05:49 10/06/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

also

Welp! Looks like all that complaining was for nothing, huh. Please be real, please be real!
#3815 Posted: 01:08:21 10/06/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

also

Welp! Looks like all that complaining was for nothing, huh. Please be real, please be real!

Dude, Activision confirmed a guest star for E3. It has to be Crash, who else can it be?
---
#3816 Posted: 01:09:37 10/06/2016
Quote: PwnageFTW

also

Dude, Activision confirmed a guest star for E3. It has to be Crash, who else can it be?

I know, but if we can get both a Crash Skylander and a Crash game, then both sides can be happy and the Internet won't have to blow up again.
#3817 Posted: 01:11:42 10/06/2016

I know, but if we can get both a Crash Skylander and a Crash game, then both sides can be happy and the Internet won't have to blow up again.

I'm hoping since it says "Crash Edition" It's a whole Crash themed starter pack. King Pen is replace by Crash, and Golden Queen will be replaced with Cortex (Because it seems reasonable since he is a villain), and the creation crystal will just be the same old fire crystal.
---
#3818 Posted: 01:13:07 10/06/2016

I'm hoping since it says "Crash Edition" It's a whole Crash themed starter pack. King Pen is replace by Crash, and Golden Queen will be replaced with Cortex (Because it seems reasonable since he is a villain), and the creation crystal will just be the same old fire crystal.

Did you see the link that Zap posted? It's a possible Crash 2017 leak.
#3819 Posted: 01:14:57 10/06/2016

Did you see the link that Zap posted? It's a possible Crash 2017 leak.

Yea, I saw it. Didn't really pay much attention to it though.
---
#3820 Posted: 01:17:20 10/06/2016

Oh, and aren't there only 10 elements? Who's gonna be the 11th villain then? Cortex would be really cool, but I thought they were only going to have one guest character?

Well, they didn't confirm confirm guests, it was a line in an article removed a few hours after the fact, no one else hinted. What we know is that it's 31 total figures, with that last one either Kaos or a surprise reveal.
---
#3821 Posted: 01:29:41 10/06/2016
Quote: Bifrost

Oh, and aren't there only 10 elements? Who's gonna be the 11th villain then? Cortex would be really cool, but I thought they were only going to have one guest character?

Well, they didn't confirm confirm guests, it was a line in an article removed a few hours after the fact, no one else hinted. What we know is that it's 31 total figures, with that last one either Kaos or a surprise reveal.

I really hope the main villain of the game doesn't become a character...
---
#3822 Posted: 01:49:37 10/06/2016
Quote: Drawdler
I know this will get buried under all the Crash stuff, but: I hope they do more with Elements in this game than they did in SC. I didn't realise until now, but because of no Elemental Gates (besides the vehicle ones and did anyone at all keep replaying those?), it really felt like the Skylanders' Elements became irrelevant in that game.

They only showed us like 1/4 of a level so far, I'm sure somewhere in that Jet Vac Airship level there is element gates, we'll just have to wait and see at E3
---
#3823 Posted: 02:21:28 10/06/2016
Cortex won't happen, mostly because he kind of breaks the "no humans" rule Skylanders has.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#3824 Posted: 02:25:16 10/06/2016
Quote: Bionichute
Cortex won't happen, mostly because he kind of breaks the "no humans" rule Skylanders has.

I can still believe ;-;
---
PainterRex Blue Sparx Gems: 881
#3825 Posted: 04:01:50 10/06/2016
Quote: Drawdler
I know this will get buried under all the Crash stuff, but: I hope they do more with Elements in this game than they did in SC. I didn't realise until now, but because of no Elemental Gates (besides the vehicle ones and did anyone at all keep replaying those?), it really felt like the Skylanders' Elements became irrelevant in that game.

They only showed us like 1/4 of a level so far, I'm sure somewhere in that Jet Vac Airship level there is element gates, we'll just have to wait and see at E3

This whole game does that though, you can literally make a straight up human with the imaginers
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#3826 Posted: 04:03:34 10/06/2016
That site isn't reliable. Proof https://www.alcom.ch/index.php...&ar=Half-Life-3
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#3827 Posted: 04:10:10 10/06/2016
Quote: skylandersspyro
That site isn't reliable. Proof https://www.alcom.ch/index.php...&ar=Half-Life-3

ohh boy
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#3828 Posted: 04:11:38 10/06/2016
So Crash is sort of confirmed. People are going out of their way to get it. Hello!!!! Did we forget that DK and Bowser came out in Combo Packs? Stop complaining that you won't be able to afford it. If you can't afford it then you can't afford Skylanders.
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#3829 Posted: 04:11:56 10/06/2016
Quote: skylandersspyro

Half Life 3 Confirmed!!!

LOL That joke never gets old
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:38:47 10/06/2016 by SilverWolf2308
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#3830 Posted: 05:15:41 10/06/2016
Heh, they're really jumpin' the gun on that preorder.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
#3831 Posted: 06:56:03 10/06/2016
I liked Crash games, one of the best I played in my childhood, but tbh, he wouldn't be my first choice to be a guest star.
---
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#3832 Posted: 08:54:00 10/06/2016
I really don't have £200 for a PS4, so I'm kind of bummed out. I don't see why he isn't just Playstation exclusive for 3 and 4. I'm getting the Crash regardless, and if he happens to work on PS3 then I'll be even happier!
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
Icebrrrg Green Sparx Gems: 327
#3833 Posted: 09:06:23 10/06/2016
Any word yet on the return of stat cards or stat stickers?

Still not sure what system to get this on???
Sold my PS4, because it wasn't used enough. One day I'll get one again. So I'm left with either Wii U or 360?

I'd assume Wii U graphics would be better than 360? I'd rather not wait until I get a PS4 again. Hopefully on Wii U you will barely be able to notice the difference between PS4.
#3834 Posted: 09:53:56 10/06/2016
Guys, can we please find a way to bring that specific discussion about console-exclusive characters to an end?

Of course making them is a perfect business strategy for Activision, but frankly, why should I care?
I understand it, sure, no doubt about that but I'm a customer, not an Activision partner.
And as a customer I think that console-exclusive figures are probably the worst possible thing for this franchise.

A franchise which started with the idea of "universally compatible characters able to be taken anywhere" and ended up ignoring its very own concept.
Sure, Skylanders has changed a lot since SA but never to the point of going against itself.
Until Skymiibos.

And, for the 10000000th time, it's not because of Bowser, Donkey Kong, Crash, Link, Conker, Ratchet or whatever guest-star they want to make, it's because they aren't universal.
No problem if they go for multiplatform characters, or even for console-exclusive features (Wii U version of Trap Team had a funny little trap-screen where you could see your trapped villain and I think nobody complained about not being able to do it on their PS4 or XBOX ONE) but no exclusive figures.

We had no problem complaining for Trophies acting as nerfed substitutes for items we already bought and couldn't use, why should we have them regarding guest-stars...?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:57:06 10/06/2016 by Drek95
#3835 Posted: 10:41:33 10/06/2016
^I see your point and perfectly understand how the exclusive characters goes against one of the core of the series. As you said, business is business, and that's something Activision knows a lot about.

Personally, I don't think exclusive characters harm that much the franchise, as long as they are only a few and remain as something "exceptional" and not as the normal trend. However If a certain system got several of them, that would definitely bug me, and would have the same opinion as you.

Another perespective, though, is that these characters wouldn't probably made it without the exclusivity idea. In this sense, we got more characters than we would normally do, which is not that bad imo.

I totaly agree though, that one of the core of the series is the fact you can play as any of the characters in any game, and they shouldn't really "modify" a lot this basic core. As long as it remain a minor thing, I guess it's ok.
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#3836 Posted: 11:15:19 10/06/2016
What if, in the Crash pack, it comes out with Crash, Cortex and one of these to replace the crystal:

[User Posted Image]

It could make special creations, perhaps?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#3837 Posted: 11:21:20 10/06/2016
If it was in the figure like all the other ones, then maybe, just maybe they can pull it off in a special Crash edition crystal.

However I just want to point out that the crystal is purple, and obviously Crash isn't going to become a magic element.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:21:52 10/06/2016 by LameLime
#3838 Posted: 12:24:13 10/06/2016
Quote: angelg
^I see your point and perfectly understand how the exclusive characters goes against one of the core of the series. As you said, business is business, and that's something Activision knows a lot about.

Personally, I don't think exclusive characters harm that much the franchise, as long as they are only a few and remain as something "exceptional" and not as the normal trend. However If a certain system got several of them, that would definitely bug me, and would have the same opinion as you.

Another perespective, though, is that these characters wouldn't probably made it without the exclusivity idea. In this sense, we got more characters than we would normally do, which is not that bad imo.

I totaly agree though, that one of the core of the series is the fact you can play as any of the characters in any game, and they shouldn't really "modify" a lot this basic core. As long as it remain a minor thing, I guess it's ok.

I understand.

Agree, even if I think this was a bad thing for the series it's still far from being its end, or other exaggerations like that.
It's just something which could have been avoided or at least better done.

Regarding the crystal, that's a pretty cool idea!
They could either create a crystal figure to replace the Dark Edition's Imaginite Chest or simply put a Magic Creation Crystal instead of a Fire one.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#3839 Posted: 12:35:03 10/06/2016
There are other reasons to think a new Crash game is coming out, like his cameo in Uncharted 4, or Cortex's VA hinting that he's going to be voicing him again soon.

And no, it won't be in a Skylanders game.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#3840 Posted: 15:10:57 10/06/2016
Oh gosh, i need to buy a PS4 smilie
My Wii U & PS3 are worthless!
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5298
#3841 Posted: 15:43:10 10/06/2016
This could have been already posted, but I found it interesting. Looks like they're looking for ways to share creations.
Quote: Yahoo
We’re not talking about the details on this yet, but we hear you,” says Reiche of possible alternative ways to share creations with friends. “I think you want to show off not only the product of your imagination, but if you’ve really struggled to get the fiery dragon armor, you want people to know you have it. There’s a variety of different methods, and we haven’t settled on which collection of them we’re going to use, but we do want people to be able to share their creations.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/11-...-113046788.html
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
#3842 Posted: 15:44:53 10/06/2016
That's new I think, but considering it's still in planning phase, doesn't add to much.
---
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#3843 Posted: 15:45:47 10/06/2016
the page is deleted
---
THE END IS NEAR
First | Previous | Page 77 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me