darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 628 of 629 | Last
1 2 3 ... 623 624 625 626 627 628 629
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx [online] Gems: 6585
#31351 Posted: 19:43:18 28/07/2020
Quote: Blue Gaudreau
I am aware but still. I'm not against toyless but there would go 6 years of collecting.

I doubt Activision cares about collectors in specific, and unlike the situation with Game Freak (Or, rather, The Pokémon Company as a whole) I don't blame them for not caring.

It'd cost way too much to produce figures again, especially to the extent that some people expect them to. Plus, Toys to Life died for a reason, as it just isn't marketable or financially viable anymore.

In addition to that, if they were to reintroduce the core Skylanders games (Which I don't see happening for at least a decade, if at all), they'd likely want to reinvent/reboot it so as to start from a clean slate and make it more accessible to a wider audience.
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.

Black lives matter, don't stop fighting until they do.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 19:52:52 28/07/2020 by Sesshomaru75
Blue Gaudreau Blue Sparx Gems: 522
#31352 Posted: 21:30:50 28/07/2020
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I am aware but still. I'm not against toyless but there would go 6 years of collecting.

I doubt Activision cares about collectors in specific, and unlike the situation with Game Freak (Or, rather, The Pokémon Company as a whole) I don't blame them for not caring.

It'd cost way too much to produce figures again, especially to the extent that some people expect them to. Plus, Toys to Life died for a reason, as it just isn't marketable or financially viable anymore.

In addition to that, if they were to reintroduce the core Skylanders games (Which I don't see happening for at least a decade, if at all), they'd likely want to reinvent/reboot it so as to start from a clean slate and make it more accessible to a wider audience.

It burnt out but can return. Too much money? Activision make billions annually. Money is not an issue. The only game the could reintroduce is Trap Team.
---
Reviewer, Let's Player and Reflector on the past, the present and the future as well.
https://www.youtube.com/channe...vXUqoR4i2Lf2w9A
#31353 Posted: 21:58:58 28/07/2020
It burnt out but can return. Too much money? Activision make billions annually. Money is not an issue. The only game the could reintroduce is Trap Team.

Activision making billions doesn't mean that it isn't too risky, nor does it change the fact that it isn't financially viable. Like I said, Toys to Life died for a reason.

Your personal opinion doesn't change this, especially when you clearly don't have any understanding of economics.
---

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:00:17 28/07/2020 by Sesshomaru75
#31354 Posted: 22:00:11 28/07/2020

Activision making billions doesn't mean that it isn't risky, nor does it change the fact that it isn't financially viable. Like I said, Toys to Life died for a reason.

Too much competition too fast.
---
Reviewer, Let's Player and Reflector on the past, the present and the future as well.
#31355 Posted: 22:01:42 28/07/2020

That's not the only reason, but okay. Keep living in your fantasy world, I guess?
---

#31356 Posted: 22:02:33 28/07/2020

Activision making billions doesn't mean that it isn't too risky, nor does it change the fact that it isn't financially viable. Like I said, Toys to Life died for a reason.

Your personal opinion doesn't change this, especially when you clearly don't have any understanding of economics.

Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong who knows? I will still keep hoping a billion dollar franchise doesn't go whoosh so fast.
---
#31357 Posted: 22:09:55 28/07/2020
I mean, it went "whoosh" 'cause sales kept dipping and interest in Toys to Life died out, so... (That, and it's clearly been replaced by Crash and Spyro, and reduced into a mobile franchise on top of it)
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:10:35 28/07/2020 by Sesshomaru75
#31358 Posted: 22:11:39 28/07/2020

That's not the only reason, but okay. Keep living in your fantasy world, I guess?

With enough time Toys To Life can come back. Everyone thought Crash and Spyro were dead and they came back. A lot of Skylanders fans believe it can come back. Activision refuses to admit it's dead. If it comes back even without toys I'll count it as a win. Or is it a fantasy?
---
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5795
#31359 Posted: 22:14:51 28/07/2020
i believe Skylanders can and potentially will come back, but I highly doubt the toys will return. TRU closing its doors gave a big hit when it comes to toy sales and that was Acti's primary place for profit when it came to toy sales.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:15:06 28/07/2020 by HeyitsHotDog
#31360 Posted: 22:26:50 28/07/2020
With enough time Toys To Life can come back. Everyone thought Crash and Spyro were dead and they came back. A lot of Skylanders fans believe it can come back. Activision refuses to admit it's dead. If it comes back even without toys I'll count it as a win. Or is it a fantasy?

Toys to Life coming back isn't impossible (Nor did I ever say that it was), but I don't believe it's comparable to Crash and Spyro coming back as they weren't a fad/trend like Toys to Life was and were already large franchises.
Activision refuses to admit that Skylanders is dead because it isn't, as I previously stated they have reduced it into a mobile-only franchise for the time being while Crash and Spyro have replaced the space left behind by the core Skylanders games.

I'm not debating whether or not Skylanders will come back because A: it didn't got anywhere to begin with technically speaking, and B: I'm talking about whether or not it'll come back with figures specifically.

Regardless of how it comes back, I'd wager we'd be looking at a wait time of around ten years for the franchise to become relevant in a meaningful way again as Crash and Spyro have clearly replaced it and Activision seems content with mobile-only games.

I'm also not trying to say that you're wrong here, mind you, rather I'm just pointing out how unlikely certain things you seem to be expecting/wishing for are.
---

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:11:07 28/07/2020 by Sesshomaru75
#31361 Posted: 22:59:24 28/07/2020

Toys to Life coming back isn't impossible (Nor did I ever say that it was), but I don't believe it's comparable to Crash and Spyro coming back as they weren't a fad/trend like Toys to Life was and were already large franchises.
Activision refuses to admit that Skylanders is dead because it isn't, as I previously stated they have reduced it into a mobile-only franchise for the time being while Crash and Spyro have replaced the space left behind by the core Skylanders games.

I'm not debating whether or not Skylanders will come back because A: it didn't got anywhere to begin with technically speaking, and B: I'm talking about whether or not it'll come back with figures specifically.

Regardless of how it comes back, I'd wager we'd be looking at a wait time of around ten years for the franchise to become relevant in a meaningful way again as Crash and Spyro have clearly replaced it and Activision seems content with mobile-only games.

I'm also not trying to say that you're wrong, rather I'm just pointing out how unlikely certain things are.

I'm not sure what you mean about "it didn't go anywhere to begin with technically speaking" but it's unlikely Skylanders will return but finger crossed.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:01:34 28/07/2020 by Blue Gaudreau
#31362 Posted: 23:09:27 28/07/2020
I'm not sure what you mean about "it didn't go anywhere to begin with technically speaking" but it's unlikely Skylanders will return but finger crossed.

When I said that I was referring to the fact that Skylanders still exists, but only in mobile game form.
---

#31363 Posted: 23:10:29 28/07/2020

When I said that I was referring to the fact that Skylanders still exists, but only in mobile game form.

Ok I see. In your opinion what is your favorite Skylander game?
---
#31364 Posted: 23:27:34 28/07/2020

Maybe the 3DS version of Spyro's Adventure? I'm not entirely sure, to be completely honest with you.

I admittedly (And regrettably) haven't played too much Skylanders, though I played Swap Force recently and enjoyed that rather thoroughly. I'm also looking forward to getting into the other games (Hopefully) soon as well. smilie
---

#31365 Posted: 23:31:55 28/07/2020

Maybe the 3DS version of Spyro's Adventure? I'm not entirely sure, to be completely honest with you.

I admittedly (And regrettably) haven't played too much Skylanders, though I played Swap Force recently and enjoyed that rather thoroughly. I'm also looking forward to getting into the other games (Hopefully) soon as well. smilie

IMO I think Swap Force is best I think that's where the series peaked
---
#31366 Posted: 23:34:15 28/07/2020

Swap Force has definitely left an impression on me, as I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did and the game's humor and visuals are very nice. smilie
---

#31367 Posted: 23:36:44 28/07/2020

Swap Force has definitely left an impression on me, as I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did and the game's humor and visuals are very nice. smilie

Agreed. Graphically the series' graphics is at it's max. Trap Team looks good too but has a more Plasticky feel
---
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1647
#31368 Posted: 00:21:25 29/07/2020
If we do end up getting that trilogy remake/remaster (god I hope we do) this is how they would most likely go about it:

TTL/digital

For those of us who still have our figures can use them with the game but there’s the option for newcomers to use the characters digitally. (Can unlock them via soul gems)

There would be two versions of the game. The portal master edition (comes with a portal compatible for next gen) and the standard edition (just the game)
#31369 Posted: 00:25:20 29/07/2020
The only problem with using the old figures is that the NFC chips built into them aren't meant to last, I'm afraid. ;;
---

#31370 Posted: 00:29:09 29/07/2020
The only problem with using the old figures is that the NFC chips built into them aren't meant to last, I'm afraid. ;;

How long do RFID chips usually last?
---
#31371 Posted: 00:35:39 29/07/2020

10 to 20 years IIRC. According to another user, people are reporting dead Skylanders ready
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
#31372 Posted: 00:41:28 29/07/2020
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

10 to 20 years IIRC. According to another user, people are reporting dead Skylanders ready

Considering SSA turns 10 next year. Uh oh.
---
#31373 Posted: 00:47:18 29/07/2020

Someone else said 10,000 scans would kill it
---
cookieeater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#31374 Posted: 04:49:53 29/07/2020
I recommend backing up all your figures data and copying them on to nfc cards/chips and yea around 10000 scans is accurate iirc
---
my fursona is a hot dog
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:50:22 29/07/2020 by cookieeater
#31375 Posted: 05:15:48 29/07/2020
Quote: cookieeater
I recommend backing up all your figures data and copying them on to nfc cards/chips and yea around 10000 scans is accurate iirc

I'll keep that in mind.
---
cookieeater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#31376 Posted: 06:02:26 29/07/2020
also if you get the smaller chips size ones in theory you should be able to a base off a figure and replace the chip with that with all the data intact and it should have a life span of about 100,000 scans
---
my fursona is a hot dog
#31377 Posted: 19:55:53 29/07/2020
also if you get the smaller chips size ones in theory you should be able to a base off a figure and replace the chip with that with all the data intact and it should have a life span of about 100,000 scans

Toys to life really is anti preservation. You can't re release older installments and the toys die.
---
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 6330
#31378 Posted: 20:24:04 29/07/2020

Toys to life really is anti preservation. You can't re release older installments and the toys die.

Eh, all the code is still in the games, it's just that the figures unlock them. If Activision were to do a Skyanders (trilogy) remaster, I'm pretty sure TFB/VV have all the data for the figures on a hard drive somewhere if they need it.
---
'Ask them when we stop the greed, ask them why we have to bleed"
Motörhead - When The Eagle Screams - Motörizer (2008)
#31379 Posted: 22:39:34 29/07/2020
Quote: JCW555

Eh, all the code is still in the games, it's just that the figures unlock them. If Activision were to do a Skyanders (trilogy) remaster, I'm pretty sure TFB/VV have all the data for the figures on a hard drive somewhere if they need it.

True, though I doubt there will be a trilogy remaster by how big Swap Force was.
---
Halvmorke Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#31380 Posted: 12:14:34 30/07/2020
The best (IMO) would be a Spyro's Adventure + Giants remaster. But let's accept it, Skylanders is dead.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#31381 Posted: 16:28:17 30/07/2020
Quote: Halvmorke
The best (IMO) would be a Spyro's Adventure + Giants remaster. But let's accept it, Skylanders is dead.

I feel like Swap Force and Trap Team would be good choices as well Light And Dark would have to fit in.
---
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 6330
#31382 Posted: 21:17:39 30/07/2020
Business-wise, it'd make sense to remake/remaster SSA, Giants and SF due to them being the most successful entries sales wise. SF also sold the best out of the 6 games, so it'd make sense to remake it along with SSA and Giants.
---
'Ask them when we stop the greed, ask them why we have to bleed"
Motörhead - When The Eagle Screams - Motörizer (2008)
#31383 Posted: 21:21:42 30/07/2020
Quote: JCW555
Business-wise, it'd make sense to remake/remaster SSA, Giants and SF due to them being the most successful entries sales wise. SF also sold the best out of the 6 games, so it'd make sense to remake it along with SSA and Giants.

True but IMO SSA and Giants aged poorly. How would feel if the series continues without toys?
---
#31384 Posted: 21:26:21 30/07/2020
True but IMO SSA and Giants aged poorly. How would feel if the series continues without toys?

Wouldn't the point of remaking them be to fix what aged poorly in those two games, though?
---

#31385 Posted: 21:35:50 30/07/2020

Wouldn't the point of remaking them be to fix what aged poorly in those two games, though?

IDK as N.Sane didn't fix anything neither did BFBB and you can't criticise remakes for being outdated. Swap Force was the push forward the series needed
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:36:23 30/07/2020 by Blue Gaudreau
#31386 Posted: 21:37:27 30/07/2020
IDK as N.Sane didn't fix anything neither did BFBB and you can't criticise remakes for being outdated. Swap Force was the push forward the series needed

N. Sane did fix a lot, though? Just because they didn't make it easier doesn't mean that they didn't fix anything at all. (Being hard doesn't mean that a game is broken, btw)
---

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:53:50 30/07/2020 by Sesshomaru75
#31387 Posted: 21:40:08 30/07/2020

N. Sane did fix a lot, though? Just because they didn't make it easy doesn't mean they didn't fix anything. (Being hard doesn't mean that a game is broken, btw)

Not the difficulty. The feel and controls still feel outdated and Clunky for me. Spyro had smoother and full analog support without removing what we loved about the original
---
#31388 Posted: 21:41:34 30/07/2020
Not the difficulty. The feel and controls still feel outdated and Clunky for me. Spyro had smoother and full analog support without removing what we loved about the original

That's entirely subjective, as the controls in N. Sane felt more or less perfectly fine to me. (I'll admit that the hitboxes and a few other minor things could have used some more work, though)

You're also comparing two platformers that are quite different in their overall presentation and gameplay, as Crash has different controls meant for a different type of gameplay than Spyro's.
(Crash is way more platform-heavy than Spyro is, and thus requires more precise timing and jumping among other things)

They also still changed a lot more than just the graphics, which you seem to be ignoring here.
---

Edited 7 times - Last edited at 21:53:14 30/07/2020 by Sesshomaru75
#31389 Posted: 21:59:19 30/07/2020

That's entirely subjective, as the controls in N. Sane felt more or less perfectly fine to me. (I'll admit that the hitboxes and a few other minor things could have used some more work, though)

You're also comparing two platformers that are quite different in their overall presentation and gameplay, as Crash has different controls meant for a different type of gameplay than Spyro's.
(Crash is way more platform-heavy than Spyro is, and thus requires more precise timing and jumping among other things)

They also still changed a lot more than just the graphics, which you seem to be ignoring here.

What else beside visuals because I genuinely don't know.
---
#31390 Posted: 22:03:13 30/07/2020

One big change they made was making it to where only the colored gems in the first game require you to get all of the crates and not die in a level, whereas the regular clear gems no longer require you to do the latter.
(So, in that sense, they sort of did make the game a bit easier to an extent)

They also added a cut level from the original game as DLC for its remake, and introduced a completely new level based off of another cut level from the original game as DLC for Warped. (The third game)

Relics (a.k.a time trials) were added to the first two games when they were originally exclusive to Warped, and they also made Coco (Crash's sister) playable in almost all levels across all three games rather than just a few in Warped like she was originally.

Those are some of the major changes, though there are more besides the above ones I've listed off.
---

Edited 4 times - Last edited at 22:09:22 30/07/2020 by Sesshomaru75
#31391 Posted: 22:06:20 30/07/2020

One big change they made was making it to where only the colored gems in the first game require you to get all of the crates and not die, whereas the regular clear gems no longer require you to do the latter.
They also added a cut level from the original game as DLC and introduced a completely new level based off another cut level from the original game as DLC for Warped.

Relics (a.k.a time trials) were added to the first two games when they were originally exclusive to the third (Warped), and they also made Coco (Crash's sister) playable in almost all levels across all three games rather than just a few in Warped.

Those are some of the major changes, though there are more besides the above.

IMO i see them as minor but welcome things. Gameplay I feel nothing changed. I think VV played too safe but the remake did put remakes on the right track.
---
#31392 Posted: 22:07:38 30/07/2020
IMO i see them as minor but welcome things. Gameplay I feel nothing changed. I think VV played too safe but the remake did put remakes on the right track.

Those aren't minor whatsoever, but I digress.

VV didn't "play it too safe", they literally remade the games as everyone expected them to do. What were you expecting them to do? (Because clearly whatever you were expecting wasn't reasonable at all)
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:08:25 30/07/2020 by Sesshomaru75
#31393 Posted: 22:09:39 30/07/2020
You guys are on fire, every time I go to a new page, I have a subscription notification. I'm amazed.

And VV definitely didn't play it too safe. It's literally the same games with extras and pretty graphics.
---
#31394 Posted: 22:12:13 30/07/2020
I'm genuinely curious how they "played it too safe" when it's supposed to be a trilogy of faithful remakes.

They weren't going for something like Final Fantasy VII Remake or Ratchet & Clank 2016, and to do so would've defeated the entire purpose behind remaking them in the first place.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:13:01 30/07/2020 by Sesshomaru75
#31395 Posted: 22:13:15 30/07/2020

Those aren't minor whatsoever, but I digress.

VV didn't "play it too safe", they literally remade the games as everyone expected them to do. What were you expecting them to do? (Because clearly whatever you were expecting wasn't reasonable at all)

I feel a good remake should target old and new fans. If it targets only old fans it fails. If it targets only new fans it fails. What I want is a modern control scheme that can be accessible to new fans while the feel doesn't feel foreign to old fans. VV did small improvements. Small. Spyro did this right.
---
#31396 Posted: 22:15:05 30/07/2020
You guys are on fire, every time I go to a new page, I have a subscription notification. I'm amazed.

And VV definitely didn't play it too safe. It's literally the same games with extras and pretty graphics.

That's exactly it. It's just a shiny coat of paint. Beautiful but just a shiny coat of paint
---
#31397 Posted: 22:15:05 30/07/2020
I feel a good remake should target old and new fans. If it targets only old fans it fails. If it targets only new fans it fails. What I want is a modern control scheme that can be accessible to new fans while the feel doesn't feel foreign to old fans. VV did small improvements. Small. Spyro did this right.

Ah, yes, that would explain why N. Sane did better on PS4 alone than Spyro did on both PS4 and XBO. Clearly none of those players were casuals at all. Nope.

And VV didn't do "small" improvements, as what I listed off are objectively rather major all things considered.

That's exactly it. It's just a shiny coat of paint. Beautiful but just a shiny coat of paint

Except, as I've already explained to you in detail, that literally isn't the case.
---

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:16:58 30/07/2020 by Sesshomaru75
#31398 Posted: 22:16:58 30/07/2020

Ah, yes, that would explain why N. Sane did better on PS4 alone than Spyro did on both PS4 and XBO. Clearly none of those were casuals at all. Nope.

And VV didn't do "small" improvements, as what I listed off are objectively rather major all things considered.

Don't forget the Download patch, and delayed release date. Plus Skylanders just crashed and burned.
---
#31399 Posted: 22:17:36 30/07/2020
Don't forget the Download patch, and delayed release date. Plus Skylanders just crashed and burned.

That has nothing to do with what I just said, but nice try I guess?
---

#31400 Posted: 22:22:15 30/07/2020

That has nothing to do with what I just said, but nice try I guess?

IDK. But I never liked crash to begin with and N.Sane didn't change that. The new things don't change the gameplay and if they do barely it still has clunky controls and gameplay is the most important thing in a game.
---
First | Previous | Page 628 of 629 | Last
1 2 3 ... 623 624 625 626 627 628 629

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me