darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 50 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2451 Posted: 13:39:14 01/06/2016
Doesn't seem like any of the sites have Imaginators up for preorder, yet.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#2452 Posted: 13:39:44 01/06/2016
So on the site, the starter pack contents mentions stickers but doesn't mention cards... Yet again...

---

I noticed that in the interviews and on the site, they just refer to him as King Pen. But on the Starter Pack, it says Master King Pen. Since these are Senseis, it's possible all of their names are preceded by 'Master' on the packaging, and it's not just King Pen's name.

---

Also, catchphrases are on the site.

King Pen: "Stay frosty!"

Tri-Tip: "Face the mace!"

Golden Queen: "I reign supreme!"
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
DeadPortal Blue Sparx Gems: 600
#2453 Posted: 13:40:38 01/06/2016
Quote: FlipWreck888
With them saying that each Sensei raises the Level Cap does that mean that Lv 50 will be the highest level?

Exactly my toughts
---
My FanFiction

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/6264483/DeadPortal
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2454 Posted: 13:43:43 01/06/2016
Guess "Master" is a placeholder title for all Senseis.
They called Tri-Tip a Master as well, during one of the video showcases.

The catchphrases aren't anything special, but backstories definitely make up for them.
They are definitely going in the right direction with this entry in terms of lore, Story and less childish stuffs.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:45:00 01/06/2016 by Drek95
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#2455 Posted: 13:45:15 01/06/2016
If you want some images reformatted at 1080p ratios for your desktop, I did that to all the press assets as part of our video, so here you go:

https://onedrive.live.com/redi...nt=folder%2cjpg
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#2456 Posted: 13:47:34 01/06/2016
Quote: Drek95
Guess "Master" is a placeholder title for all Senseis.
They called Tri-Tip a Master as well, during one of the video showcases.

The catchphrases aren't anything special, but backstories definitely make up for them.
They are definitely going in the right direction with this entry in terms of lore, Story and less childish stuffs.

Anyone thinking every Sensei name is gonna be double-barrelled? I think it will go something like this:

Master ___-___
ImDoubleTrouble Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#2457 Posted: 13:47:41 01/06/2016
I think I'll make an army of Troubles when I get my hands on the game, for each of the different classes/elements, They'll be Double Troubles Ancestors. Seems like a fantastic idea and now I'll never need to ask for them to repose double trouble, because I can make my own. my concern though is that this character creator is going to make the characters we bought before irrelevant if we can make them whatever way we want.
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#2458 Posted: 13:47:43 01/06/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Yeah, this game totally has more of a SSC artstyle/graphics to it. I'm glad they settled on one engine now <3

Just to clarify they've both always used Alchemy. It's simply the art direction. The game is still using TfB's art direction, but they've borrowed a lot of VV's art style here. But I can still tell it's TfB.
DeadPortal Blue Sparx Gems: 600
#2459 Posted: 13:51:37 01/06/2016
Is anyone else afraid that we'll collect all the parts in one playthrough of the campaign?
---
My FanFiction

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/6264483/DeadPortal
#2460 Posted: 13:52:38 01/06/2016
Quote: Drawdler
Can anyone tell what the drawing in the back of this video is? It looks kinda like concept art of something.

It looks like they were showing off some of the drawings that inspired them to make this game
#2461 Posted: 14:01:20 01/06/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Yeah, this game totally has more of a SSC artstyle/graphics to it. I'm glad they settled on one engine now <3

Just to clarify they've both always used Alchemy. It's simply the art direction. The game is still using TfB's art direction, but they've borrowed a lot of VV's art style here. But I can still tell it's TfB.

Completely agree.

There's definitely more V.V.'s style than before, but I still get a strong TfB feeling, which I think is the perfect combination.
The gimmick itself (mostly how it has been handled) sounds more like a V.V. thing, but the Senseis and villains are undoubtedly TfB.

Really satisfied by almost everything so far.

Only three negative notes I have so far is that traps are once again elemental projectiles, you apparently can't create quadrupeds or non-upright Imaginators and the fact they didn't mentioned cards makes me think they'll repeat what they did last year.
Then there are small nitpicks like the logo, the bases and so on but guess I'll have to get used to these changes from now on.

One of my biggest complaints about Senseis having similar designs also vanished after seeing the Air and Water ones in the trailer.
Yes, they are humanoids but are unique and diverse just like Trap Masters.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2462 Posted: 14:01:53 01/06/2016
Ugh, let me guess, that art contest is US only. Can't open that pdf on the phone.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#2463 Posted: 14:12:56 01/06/2016
The official website has a pic of the Wii U Starter Pack but it's got just the same contents as the others. So perhaps the guest star won't be Nintendo exclusive... or perhaps it's just a non-final box.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#2464 Posted: 14:13:21 01/06/2016

Completely agree.

There's definitely more V.V.'s style than before, but I still get a strong TfB feeling, which I think is the perfect combination.
The gimmick itself (mostly how it has been handled) sounds more like a V.V. thing, but the Senseis and villains are undoubtedly TfB.

Only three negative notes I have so far is that traps are once again elemental projectiles, you apparently can't create quadrupeds or non-upright Imaginators and the fact they didn't mentioned cards makes me think they'll repeat what they did last year.
Then there are small nitpicks like the logo, the bases and so on but guess I'll have to get used to these changes from now on.

One of my biggest complaints about Senseis having similar designs also vanished after seeing the Air and Water ones in the trailer.

We're definitely getting closer to that Skylander game we all want.

I agree, the gimmick i very VV. I'm sure both VV and TfB have wanted to do this gimmick since the beginning.

As for art styles, there's definitely for VV influence, but still very TfB. I'm glad to see the balance of it that SSC had.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
ImDoubleTrouble Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#2465 Posted: 14:16:43 01/06/2016
Quote: dark52
The official website has a pic of the Wii U Starter Pack but it's got just the same contents as the others. So perhaps the guest star won't be Nintendo exclusive... or perhaps it's just a non-final box.

Hopefully there isn't a nintendo exclusive as it would only be available on Wii U and that console is pretty dead from w
hat I've heard in terms of support for it. I just want to be able to play as all the characters on the one console, I detest console exclusive figures when I don't own or won't ever own that console it's locked too.
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
#2466 Posted: 14:18:07 01/06/2016
I think SuperChargers was kinda the opposite of Imaginators, in a positive way.

The fifth game felt like a V.V.'s one, with both their and TfB influence, while this one gives me a TfB feel.
So yes, seems like both teams are taking the best from each other while still managing to give their games their own special touch.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#2467 Posted: 14:20:07 01/06/2016

That sort of makes it good news.
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
#2468 Posted: 14:22:40 01/06/2016

Didn't SSC have a non skymiibo version when the game was first announced, only for it to change to Skymiibo later?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2469 Posted: 14:23:31 01/06/2016

I'm leaning towards a non-Nintendo Guest Star. Holy crap, maybe Malefor IS this 11th Villain after all... Who knew?
#2470 Posted: 14:24:40 01/06/2016
Crash Bandicoot, guaranteeed
---
#2471 Posted: 14:25:55 01/06/2016
Quote: wideawakewesley

Plz plz plz

What make you think this?
---
#2472 Posted: 14:26:15 01/06/2016
I'd be amazed if it is Malefor or Crash. And really, really happy smilie
#2473 Posted: 14:27:45 01/06/2016
What is I was the guest character?
---
#2474 Posted: 14:32:11 01/06/2016
I'm glad there's no Guest Star for Wii U. I'd rather have the base characters. So I wonder who the guest star is and how they'll be released.

@HIHD No, as Drawdler said, there was only a version with no visible toys.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#2475 Posted: 14:32:29 01/06/2016

Plz plz plz

What make you think this?

Just little bits and pieces I keep seeing and hearing in gaming circles. Nothing concrete, but I think Crash would be best placed appearing in a Skylanders game before maybe bringing that franchise back (if it comes back). No doubt the figure alone would sell on pure nostalgia.
---
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#2476 Posted: 14:34:13 01/06/2016
I too believe its crash and will be announced at E3 but love the 3d print make your own skylanders and that painyatta my favorite bad huy and wolfgang are coming out
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#2477 Posted: 14:37:51 01/06/2016

Completely agree.

Same, the water girl and the air guy don't look anything like some japanese sensei. I really like how the air guy looks and I can't wait to see more. The girl looks meh, but I'm sure as soon as we see more I'll love her (because we need dem waifus)
SodaPopHD Gold Sparx Gems: 2023
#2478 Posted: 14:43:04 01/06/2016
Did anyone notice that the Golden Queen had two paintings? Her regular toy form with her golden color scheme, and her evolved version? I suspect Villains will get variants.
---
"Sarcasm is like punching someone in the face, but with words."
"You're not ugly. You're a beautiful monkey."
JOIN THE CAUSE TO SAVE DITTO!
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#2479 Posted: 14:45:00 01/06/2016
REALLY hope there will be a dark imagination crystal in the dark edition
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#2480 Posted: 14:46:55 01/06/2016
Quote: SodaPopHD
Did anyone notice that the Golden Queen had two paintings? Her regular toy form with her golden color scheme, and her evolved version? I suspect Villains will get variants.

Yeah, I mentioned that before. In her toy artwork, its normal, but in hand and in the starter, she's Evolved.
---
#2481 Posted: 14:54:50 01/06/2016
I'm puzzled on how vehicles and traps will fit into the game. Sure, the traps giving powers to the vehicles last year made sense, but what will they do now? This year the theme is creating a skylander of your own, how will a vehicles and a trap help with that? Maybe traps will give your custom skylander a power up like they did with vehicles, and vehicles will maybe unlock secret parts for your custom skylander? Or maybe they work like vehicles did in superchargers and there will be vehicle zones again, but I seriously doubt that.
---
#2482 Posted: 14:56:05 01/06/2016
Quote: PwnageFTW
I'm puzzled on how vehicles and traps will fit into the game. Sure, the traps giving powers to the vehicles last year made sense, but what will they do now? This year the theme is creating a skylander of your own, how will a vehicles and a trap help with that? Maybe traps will give your custom skylander a power up like they did with vehicles, and vehicles will maybe unlock secret parts for your custom skylander? Or maybe they work like vehicles did in superchargers and there will be vehicle zones again, but I seriously doubt that.

Pretty sure traps are gonna be the same as last year, and they're adding an (online?) racing mode again so you can still user your vehicles.
#2483 Posted: 14:58:04 01/06/2016
Quote: yelvy

Pretty sure traps are gonna be the same as last year, and they're adding an (online?) racing mode again so you can still user your vehicles.

We (FamilyGamerTV) were told traps will not function at all, this lines up with the SSF portal being sold in the starter pack. However, other reports seem to suggest they're supported in multiplayer racing, but we were definitely told not supported at all.

Personally, I think it's most likely they're supported in racing if you have a SSC or STT portal.

Vehicles are for the racing mode only.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:59:51 01/06/2016 by wideawakewesley
LittleWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1715
#2484 Posted: 15:02:23 01/06/2016
Where have Painyatta and Wolfgang footage. Or is it just a simple guess. I'm a bit puzzled why they are in italics.
---
****ing hell its been a long time
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#2485 Posted: 15:03:03 01/06/2016
As I said before, as long as they at least gave vehicles their own mode, I'm happy. This is by far the most hyped I've been for a Skylanders game, even topping my hype for Trap Team!
#2486 Posted: 15:04:13 01/06/2016
Quote: yelvy

We (FamilyGamerTV) were told traps will not function at all, this lines up with the SSF portal being sold in the starter pack. However, other reports seem to suggest they're supported in multiplayer racing, but we were definitely told not supported at all.

Personally, I think it's most likely they're supported in racing if you have a SSC or STT portal.

Vehicles are for the racing mode only.

That's good to hear, I saw "traps will not function at all," and almost went berserk because I've spent so much money on traps lol. But I'm glad the traps and the vehicles have some kind of function.
---
#2487 Posted: 15:05:48 01/06/2016
Quote: LittleWizard
Where have Painyatta and Wolfgang footage. Or is it just a simple guess. I'm a bit puzzled why they are in italics.

Wolfgang and Painyatta were hinted in the TIME article on Skylanders Imaginators.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#2488 Posted: 15:05:51 01/06/2016
If it is Crash, then its gonna be PS3/PS4 exclusive, since, y'know, Sony seems to have bought the rights back.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#2489 Posted: 15:08:11 01/06/2016
Quote: Bionichute
If it is Crash, then its gonna be PS3/PS4 exclusive, since, y'know, Sony seems to have bought the rights back.

But, the PlayStation Starter Packs have the Normal characters, though...
#2490 Posted: 15:09:02 01/06/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

Then it's not gonna be Crash.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#2491 Posted: 15:09:40 01/06/2016

Sony debunked it a while ago. Acti is still very much the owner.

Watching the trailer again, I have a feeling we'll get a few interesting locales. Definately see an Underworld level, one with some dragon inspirations, and some sort of temple. I also see some runes that remind me of the Mirror of Mystery.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:10:54 01/06/2016 by Bifrost
#2492 Posted: 15:11:06 01/06/2016

Not sure that's true:

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/son...uct-development

And I think this points to Skylanders and Crash even more
---
#2493 Posted: 15:11:30 01/06/2016
Quote: Bifrost

Sony debunked it a while ago.

Watching the trailer again, I have a feeling we'll get a few interesting locales. Definately see an Underworld level, one with some dragon inspirations, and some sort of temple.

Yeah, no. Crash appearing in Uncharted 4 without Activision being credited says that Activision probably doesn't own him anymore.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#2494 Posted: 15:11:54 01/06/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

Then it's not gonna be Crash.

I'm hoping that it's Malefor
#2495 Posted: 15:13:06 01/06/2016
Quote: Bifrost

Sony debunked it a while ago.

Watching the trailer again, I have a feeling we'll get a few interesting locales. Definately see an Underworld level, one with some dragon inspirations, and some sort of temple.

Yeah, no. Crash appearing in Uncharted 4 without Activision being credited says that Activision probably doesn't own him anymore.

Yeah yes. Wes sent a link above me.
Oh wait, wrong article. There was one with a twitter response about Uncharted, but I don't remember which site.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:14:51 01/06/2016 by Bifrost
#2496 Posted: 15:13:28 01/06/2016
http://www.crashmania.net/blog/does-sony-own-crash-now/ Here's an article that basically says why Activision doesn't own Crash anymore.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
First | Previous | Page 50 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me