darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 38 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1851 Posted: 14:58:50 31/05/2016
Well, I'm gonna log off for now! See ya'll later.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#1852 Posted: 14:59:23 31/05/2016
I'm watching the video right now!
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#1853 Posted: 14:59:49 31/05/2016
I'd be posting Sorairo Days for hype if youtube links didn't glitch out in Ghostery. So I'll settle for memes.

[User Posted Image]
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:00:19 31/05/2016 by Bifrost
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1854 Posted: 15:06:09 31/05/2016
Am i the only one who REALLY LOVES the logo? It's so... magical...
#1855 Posted: 15:07:26 31/05/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
Am i the only one who REALLY LOVES the logo? It's so... magical...

Wish it had Academy's purple, but I love how simple it is. SC hammers the theme on your head, this just goes for a simple font and whimsical curve.
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#1856 Posted: 15:07:33 31/05/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: Kevin16
So they got rid of online... great... y'know my excitement is pretty much gone.

there is online racing.

Yay online racing, because that was so fun in SuperChargers, eh no... nobody even played that stuff.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#1857 Posted: 15:12:49 31/05/2016
Someone remind me to the Hydra plot twist meme when I get home, why did it have to be the only two days with classes all day ;-;

Something else of note - Golden Queen is still lacking shorts in her figure... Someone is going to cry sexist that now she shows a lot more skin(er... gold), but I'll just complain the stripes looked so good on her.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:20:01 31/05/2016 by Bifrost
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#1858 Posted: 15:21:52 31/05/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Someone remind me to the Hydra plot twist meme when I get home, why did it have to be the only two days with classes all day ;-;

Something else of note - Golden Queen is still lacking shorts in her figure... Someone is going to cry sexist that now she shows a lot more skin(er... gold), but I'll just complain the stripes looked so good on her.

If you look closely they are actually leggings now; you can see her feet poking out at the bottom.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:22:09 31/05/2016 by TrapShadowFan
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#1859 Posted: 15:23:09 31/05/2016
So the day I'm about to fly to Germany, then we get all the news. Can't share in the hype with you guys I guess.

This looks like it will be the best skylanders game yet.
---
Dead
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1860 Posted: 15:23:31 31/05/2016
I'm okay with online co-op being gone.
But still ONLINE BATTLE MODE OR RIOT.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#1861 Posted: 15:24:15 31/05/2016
Those are her shoes, I'm pretty sure, she always had those. The striped shorts were under the robe thingy, now her legs are exposed.
---
RainbowSkygirl Gold Sparx Gems: 2013
#1862 Posted: 15:32:39 31/05/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
Somebody's gonna make sans a skylander and there's nothing we can do about it

*totally wasn't contemplating the possibility of making Undyne*

More on-topic: When I heard the Skylanders were going to unlock customization parts, I thought it would be more like Swap Force 2.0, but those images give me hopes for more creative possibilities. Thanks, Drawdler!
The more expensive Senseis supposedly unlocking the parts sounds a little "ow my wallet" though.
"Ears of Corn!"... puns like these never get old for me smilie
---
Lurked moar since 2011 and I'm still not quite sure what I'm doing.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#1863 Posted: 15:34:33 31/05/2016
Quote: Aura24
Quote: weebbby
  • Returning Core Characters - Skylanders Imaginators also will feature fan-favorite characters who make an appearance in both the storyline of the game - and the upcoming Skylanders Academy television series!

• A Spyro appearance??? smilie

I have no doubt about it, he is the main character of the television series. I think everyone of the main cast of Skylanders Academy are feature in the Story. Maybe Justin Long and Ashley Tisdale are now the voice actors of Spyro and Stealth Elf in the game too? smilie

It sounds great, but I am worried about that we will need all Senseis and Creation-Crystals, like Traps and Trap Masters in TT...
    I hope they give us elemental gates which can open with every skylander, back. ><
    ---
    "If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
    AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
    #1864 Posted: 15:35:48 31/05/2016
    So any part that's on a Skylander that you scan into the game can be used as a part for customization? Sounds like a good deal to me. Especially for those who were all like "Gotta collect 'em all!".

I heard some people talking about the possibility of a level creator too, but I don't know, seems too ambitious.
    ---
    Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
    Check this out! Please?
    fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
    #1865 Posted: 15:36:18 31/05/2016
    It's still a bit early to form a strong opinion, but early on I'm disappointed.

I mean, I really detest old Japanese style ninja-bushido-sensei-samurai warrior stuff and that seems to be the overall theme to these new Skylanders. That took a lot out of me.

Worse was not being able to buy reposes of my favorite characters. I really wanted to see at least 3 new revamped waifu plus Stealth Elf. I honestly don't care to own anyone dressed up like an old style Japanese character, even if they are female. And believe it or not, Golden Queen I hated the second most of all the female characters. (Sprocket is the worst one). So I was really down and depressed on this one...

Then after watching that video I realized that I can finally have my transgendered Skylanders! Unless they do something moronic like locking breasts and female voices to only the females, which I've seen some games do, then this is a real plus! It's something I wanted to happen since Swap Force, but they were too scared to do. I wonder which bathroom they'll be allowed to use? LOL!

But honestly I never cared about customizing my character. I mean, whenever I start a new game and they want me to dress one up, I'm like, whatever, just give me something so I can play the game. I don't even care what hats the Skylanders wore in prior games, why would I want to spend hours dressing them up? I'll just be picking the ones with the best stats like before. But at least I can pick something out like a male catgirl-elf looking character or something, but it would only be something done at the start and not something I'd constantly be doing.

Come to think of it, why would we want to create an army of our own characters as most of us already has over 100 existing ones? Unless they do something awesome, it's just a vanity thing or self pleasing. The novelty would wear off quickly. I guess I'm just not seeing it, I was never into character's stats, weapons or clothing or the like, I just wanted to explore and discover and kill off baddies. I'm happy enough to do this with a pre-existing character.

Gameplay seems the same as always which is good, but I fear I'll need to buy 10 element crystals or 10 warrior classes or perhaps both to unlock gates? I was spoiled with SuperChargers and liked only buying 3 vehicles and one Skylander to beat the game (the trophies are unnecessary). Honestly I'm so over gates now that unless there are huge levels beyond the gates with good reasons to explore them, I probably won't buy any extras to unlock them. I mean if there are only clothing/weapons behind the gates, then I wouldn't even bother.

So this year I'm planning to get starter set day one as this year it doesn't seem like total crap, but it's still too early to decide if I'll invest heavily like with the first 4 games or will do the bare minimal like with SuperChargers. SuperChargers pulled a few surprises that got to me to hate it, a lot of that only appeared when you actually played the game. I really need to see more gameplay to decide if I'll like or hate this game.
    ---
    Stay Cool!
    #1866 Posted: 15:44:31 31/05/2016
    current feeling

isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
    #1867 Posted: 15:49:46 31/05/2016
    So I'm gone for a few days and all hell breaks loose. Great. Now ive got 20 pages to read through. I'll be back with a reaction in an hour or two. Doesn't help all this stuff happened just as I'm getting back to school after a 4 day weekend.
    Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
    #1868 Posted: 15:51:45 31/05/2016
    Something I noticed in the "creating screen" was that you could only create humanoid characters... some people may be upset about this and I assume there won't be any quadrupedal senseis either.
    This game looks amazing so far, I love that Golden Queen's in the starter since she was my favorite villain *cough Mesmeralda cough*. Though a big con to me is, as fairyland said, the senseis. I don't like how the gimmick-landers have one specific design and theme, in past games everyone had only one thing in common but the designs and themes were always unique. I'll wait until the full roster is revealed to see if I'm even going to buy all new characters this year an not just one. I hope they make the sensei theme really dyanmic and not just give them japanese armor and a sharp weapon.
    nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
    #1869 Posted: 16:05:56 31/05/2016
    Quote: Deja Vu
    Something I noticed in the "creating screen" was that you could only create humanoid characters... some people may be upset about this and I assume there won't be any quadrupedal senseis either.
    This game looks amazing so far, I love that Golden Queen's in the starter since she was my favorite villain *cough Mesmeralda cough*. Though a big con to me is, as fairyland said, the senseis. I don't like how the gimmick-landers have one specific design and theme, in past games everyone had only one thing in common but the designs and themes were always unique. I'll wait until the full roster is revealed to see if I'm even going to buy all new characters this year an not just one. I hope they make the sensei theme really dyanmic and not just give them japanese armor and a sharp weapon.

I'm deceived I expecte somthing as sophicated as spore or even the mii creation. You just mashup already done body part
    ---
    THE END IS NEAR
    ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
    #1870 Posted: 16:08:53 31/05/2016
    Hmm... Not sure what to think of this.

On one hand, customizable characters! But it seems we're getting VV's toolkit, with only one body style. smilie I hope the different elements have different basic body styles. Or maybe like how in Trap Team there were different shapes within each element there could be different blueprints in each crystal. Like one could be a Dragon crystal, for example, with the basic bodystyle TFB's dragons have, with the customizations being different heads, wings, scale/fur types, and tails! But maybe that's wishful thinking.

The Senseis, like pretty much every Gimmicklander set, aren't my thing. And with the lack of Cores, it looks like TFB is going to disappoint me. I mean, the ancient Japanese theme is pretty cool, but unless we get some Skylanders based on the mythology rather than just being in the armor, it seems pretty boring.

Ultimately, I'm withholding judgement until there's more info. In a worst-case scenario, like if there's Trap Team-style paywalls and we can only make VV-style characters, I'm out. But if it looks like I can have fun with my existing collection and there's a dragon crystal or something similar, I may get it.
    ---
    Thank you for releasing me!
    #1871 Posted: 16:09:08 31/05/2016
    I think one of the screenshots has someone looking kinda quadruped. Really hoping that's at least a body type option.
    ---
    #1872 Posted: 16:22:40 31/05/2016
    I just noticed something. On the figure image of Golden Queen, she's normal. But in the Starter Pack pic, she's Evolved. Wut
    ---
    “No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
    #1873 Posted: 16:24:13 31/05/2016
    Quote: 84skylanderdude
    I just noticed something. On the figure image of Golden Queen, she's normal. But in the Starter Pack pic, she's Evolved. Wut

Prototype figure, or maybe variant? She doesn't follow her Evolved palette entirely, she had bright blue in some parts.
    ---
    gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7379
    #1874 Posted: 16:24:22 31/05/2016
    [User Posted Image]

I mean that really got out of hand fast.

I like this new gimmick so far. Tri-Tip is pretty cool as well. Bit disappointed in the lack of PvP, but eh, I can live without it. Now I just need to get hyped for the proper trailer tomorrow. Should be nice.
    ---
    I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
    #1875 Posted: 16:26:17 31/05/2016
    Quote: Bifrost

Prototype figure, or maybe variant? She doesn't follow her Evolved palette entirely, she had bright blue in some parts.

But these are the official toy and starter pack pics. Though the official toy models don't always match up 100%, like with Thrillipede, Power Punch Pet-Vac, and Lightcore Pop Fizz.
    ---
    #1876 Posted: 16:28:26 31/05/2016
    Quote: gillgrunt987
    [User Posted Image]

I mean that really got out of hand fast.

I like this new gimmick so far. Tri-Tip is pretty cool as well. Bit disappointed in the lack of PvP, but eh, I can live without it. Now I just need to get hyped for the proper trailer tomorrow. Should be nice.

I think the reason there is no PVP is because that **** is probably REALLY HARD to balance and program. There are bigger fish to fry IMHO.

I don't know what the deal is for the GQ's toy. It looks weird. Hopefully they change that soon!
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:31:37 31/05/2016 by TheToyNerd
    #1877 Posted: 16:30:17 31/05/2016
    Do they really need to balance it though? It wouldn't be hard to program, and balancing isn't something they have to do.
    ---
    #1878 Posted: 16:32:51 31/05/2016
    I'll go and say that they ran out of dev time to implement it again. Character editors take a darn long time to be properly made so your head doesn't clip through your chest all the time - look at any indie game with... you know what, I'll just direct you guys to CHKN so you can see how wrong it can get.

This seems like we'll have set levels aside from the editors too, which should take less time since the engine usually has a more complex version and you just need to set limitations, but the set levels already eat some time if they have custom gimmicks and whatnot.
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:34:20 31/05/2016 by Bifrost
    #1879 Posted: 16:35:44 31/05/2016
    when you thought the embargo ended today and you post the video but it actually ends tomorrow

[User Posted Image]
    Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
    #1880 Posted: 16:37:42 31/05/2016
    Reading through this.. All I can say is...

Well, there goes my wallet.

But, I never use online when playing Skylanders, so I am completely fine with that. I just hope they have plenty of game modes to make the game worth playing once I have completed it.
    Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
    #1881 Posted: 16:40:12 31/05/2016
    Wait, I didn't saw anything. Can someone sum up the details for me?
    ---
    Bruh
    #1882 Posted: 16:42:35 31/05/2016
    Quote: Crash10

News thread has a nice summary and image gallery, courtesy of Drawdler and other users' finds.
    ---
    DeadPortal Blue Sparx Gems: 600
    #1883 Posted: 16:43:11 31/05/2016

Skylanders Imaginators. We get to create our own Skylanders is the biggest point. And a Golden Queen starter figure
    ---
    My FanFiction

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/6264483/DeadPortal
    Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
    #1884 Posted: 16:49:57 31/05/2016

The Asian Guy Gamer accidentally posted an overview video about the Sky 6. He took it down, but it appears to be a sandbox game where you can customize characters, and level. The new gimmicklanders are called senseis, and you can make custom charactees and put them in crystals. We're not sure if all old characters are usable, but yeah. It's set to be announced tomorriw
    ---
    Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
    WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
    #1885 Posted: 16:51:17 31/05/2016
    Now just wait and see the custom characters not be playable in Sky 7.
    ---
    #1886 Posted: 16:51:20 31/05/2016
    Come to think of it, didn't SuperChargers introduce all that unnecessary dressing up and making it where you are constantly trying to obtain a crap load of vehicle upgrades though that robot? And didn't they included a method to buy more chances? I half paid attention and I had never installed the update to get that robot, but I remember it being some sort of an annoying thing.

I'd wager this is going to be the same. You want the Deju Vu twin-tails which you cannot get though a drop? Well buy them via the robot for 4200 golds (about $5.60 USD). It's basically what Miitomo does if you want several nice outfits but are not earning in game money fast enough to afford them. Or buy more random chance packs and hope one will drop for you there.

Also, doesn't the drops seem like another giveaway fest? The chests in the videos seem like random drops and easily obtained. Remember the days when you actually had to hunt and find that stuff and there were only about 50 of them to discover?
    ---
    Stay Cool!
    PMTgaming150 Gold Sparx Gems: 2238
    #1887 Posted: 16:52:55 31/05/2016
    This is going to be amazing! already have some customs planned,
    But importantly, has anyone else noticed we didn't see the Wii U starter? (Skymiibo?)
    ---
    MS paint DIO stares into your soul
    smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
    ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
    #1888 Posted: 16:54:20 31/05/2016
    Wait what is that about customizable levels? Source? I didn't see any of that in the press releases posted or in the screenshots.
    ---
    Thank you for releasing me!
    #1889 Posted: 16:56:33 31/05/2016
    Quote: ladala
    Wait what is that about customizable levels? Source? I didn't see any of that in the press releases posted or in the screenshots.

That was initial speculation before we knew what everything was
    #1890 Posted: 16:59:21 31/05/2016
    @Fairyland - those were paintjobs and weird props, nowhere close to this. You have like 10 sets of 4 items there and some stuff that makes online racing unfair. From the looks of things the items here are in specific chests as well.

Also finally looking at the individual pictures. Tons of birdlike assets and many look like Jet-Vac's feather mane and button at the chest.That's Windham for sure.
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:04:00 31/05/2016 by Bifrost
    angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
    #1891 Posted: 17:05:11 31/05/2016
    I hope we'll be able to add wings to the character and flight be among the power options
    ---
    Life sucks...and then you die.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:12:51 31/05/2016 by angelg
    #1892 Posted: 17:10:29 31/05/2016
    Imagine if you could send away for a real figure of your character to use in game? They will 3D print it up and paint it and all that for like $50. Now that would motivate the hell out of me to get creative and make waifu. Without that incentive, it's like why bother. Create a character is old hat in games and not very interesting.
    ---
    Stay Cool!
    Rovaulin Green Sparx Gems: 447
    #1893 Posted: 17:16:15 31/05/2016
    They couldn't just wait for me to finish finals!?!??!

Anyways....I feel slightly disappointed.... but I'll reserve final judgement until after I watch as many videos about it as humanly possible.

-Rov
    ---
    Hey there! I don't comment much, but I'm always watching! =)
    -Rov
    #1894 Posted: 17:16:38 31/05/2016
    Quote: fairyland
    Imagine if you could send away for a real figure of your character to use in game? They will 3D print it up and paint it and all that for like $50. Now that would motivate the hell out of me to get creative and make waifu. Without that incentive, it's like why bother. Create a character is old hat in games and not very interesting.

Anyone who ever created an OC and actively uses them would like to disagree. I'm thinking of recreating some of my own hopefully, happy with just playing as them.
    ---
    wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
    #1895 Posted: 17:16:46 31/05/2016
    Quote: fairyland

Funnily enough I thought exactly the same and there's even a 3D printing company with an interesting name

http://imaginator3d.com/
    ---
    Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
    Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
    Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
    #1896 Posted: 17:19:32 31/05/2016
    Now just wait and see the custom characters not be playable in Sky 7.

Too soon.
    As for the Golden Queen figure, I think it's just the lightning or an early version, I'm sure she'll look great when she's released. Though I can't wait to see her Dark version!
    defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
    #1897 Posted: 17:21:29 31/05/2016
    I wonder if parts you are allowed to use will be unlockable based on figures you buy and register. Because it seems to me there will be little use in buying more than a few crystals and making your own. Maybe it is their way of acknowledging burying fans in plastic might have long term negative consequences.

But, it really does sound interesting. I'm intrigued and I didn't think I would be.
    BOOMCAKE Blue Sparx Gems: 970
    #1898 Posted: 17:33:20 31/05/2016
    I am not really into this Original character do not steal stuff but I am impressed this is getting the RPG treatment. For this Skylander's game it's need more replayability and they can't treat this time like the older ones. Now wait for more informations, I hope for a sandbox mode and other online modes.
    Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:34:58 31/05/2016 by BOOMCAKE
    TTD Hunter Gems: 6213
    #1899 Posted: 17:33:47 31/05/2016 | Topic Creator
    Don't know if anyone has noticed the pun yet.

[User Posted Image]
    #1900 Posted: 17:36:13 31/05/2016
    that pun tho.
    First | Previous | Page 38 of 636 | Next | Last
    1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me