darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Page 2 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#51 Posted: 19:41:18 18/03/2016
This is incredibly unlikely, but darn it, I want this to be real.
---
Hahahahaha
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#52 Posted: 20:07:43 18/03/2016
Just for the sake of speculation I would personally focus more on the Ultimates rather than the Chaotic.

The latter could very well be another special Started Pack type (think about Dark but instead Kaos themed) but the former?
A new SuperCharger-like revamps line?
New Gimmicklanders able to evolve or do something else...?

That "Chaos Eye" seems like some special item (which would imply a new set of gimmick figures) but... I don't know.
I simply don't believe enough in this leak to really get into it.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:26:50 18/03/2016 by Drek95
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#53 Posted: 20:20:57 18/03/2016
As I said before I think it could pertain to a Mega Evolution-like gimmick. One I would totally support as it would be a gimmick that's linked to the Skylanders themselves and not some side toy like the last two games.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#54 Posted: 20:39:04 18/03/2016
Quote: Drek95
Just for the sake of speculation I would personally focus more on the Ultimates rather than the Chaotic.

The latter could very well be another special Started Pack type (think about Dark but instead Kaos themed) but the former?
A new SuperCharger-like revamps line?
New Gimmicklanders able to evolve or do something else...?

That "Chaos Eye" seems like some special item (which would imply a new set of gimmick figures) but... I don't know.
I simply don't believe enough in this leak to really get into it.

Assuming the ultimate thing is true, it has to be something new; and considering the elite and legendaries already cover the stats boost thing, the ultimate may be some other kind of "evoluted" version of the regular ones. Maybe it is a super version of skylanders with few new skills (similar to wow pows) or maybe is just another stat boosted skylander with new colours or packaging.

But, again, this seems very fake to me, it just feels it's been taylor made to some of the fans requests.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#55 Posted: 21:05:40 18/03/2016
That leak looks REALLY fake.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#56 Posted: 21:16:28 18/03/2016
So it would be a way to keep the classic gameplay of a character while also giving him/her the possibility to temporarily change it (or maybe even without time limits).

Could be, after all they made a vehicle gimmick when Tread Head was already there, might take inspiration for Pop-Fizz as well.

To be honest that suspicious Chaos Eye sounds like some kind of Adventure Piece judging by the description next to his name.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#57 Posted: 21:29:30 18/03/2016
Oooh, looks cool! Probably fake though *Sigh*

Honestly, if that Malefor thing was real, it's a shame he wasn't included in earlier games. He could've been an excellent bridge between LOS-DOTD and SSA!
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#58 Posted: 21:45:40 18/03/2016
Lightcore is not in Series.
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#59 Posted: 21:53:53 18/03/2016
Quote: yelvy

Honestly, if that Malefor thing was real, it's a shame he wasn't included in earlier games. He could've been an excellent bridge between LOS-DOTD and SSA!

Agreed! I really loved the story that they came up with for him, it was used nicely in the comics, and it could have a lot of potential in the games!
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
#60 Posted: 22:01:46 18/03/2016
Quote: Spyro Lover122

Agreed! I really loved the story that they came up with for him, it was used nicely in the comics, and it could have a lot of potential in the games!

I never saw the comics! But yeah I always thought it was weird that they took Cynder from LOS but not Malefor. What a great character!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9930
#61 Posted: 22:05:09 18/03/2016
Never saw them? Aura's got you covered then. They came out last year,there's not even a point in buying since the creators won't see a dime after so long, unless digital comics actually help with sales after the first 6 months.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:05:41 18/03/2016 by Bifrost
#62 Posted: 22:08:37 18/03/2016
Ooooh! Thanks! I'll take a look at them sometime haha smilie
CakeMc Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#63 Posted: 22:10:14 18/03/2016
Looks Incredibly Fake To Me, As Much As I Want It To Be Real
---
Kaos - The Master Of All Battle Classes
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#64 Posted: 23:45:57 18/03/2016
Quote: TTD
Quote: newkill
This is clearly fake... the huge focus on Spyro/dragons gives it up. No offense, but considering the source is some guy on Instagram, you should have think more before creating a topic that will have members go crazy over one fan expectations.

I don't think that it's my call to restrict this potential information and not share it, it's totally up to everyone to make their own mind up of its authenticity. Still, this isn't a topic solely for the discussion of said 'leak' but for discussion on the next skylanders game as a whole, whether that be rumours or news. I'm doing this to make sure that the inevitable news topic is far cleaner this year rather than general discussion or rumours being posted there.

You will have a lot of cleaning to do after editing the first post to say the leak was fake. Full pages of posts about something that is so fake it makes me cringe... xD
---
bye
#65 Posted: 23:49:43 18/03/2016
It's better than full pages of posts about how Acti is doing X wrong. It's good speculation.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#66 Posted: 02:35:00 19/03/2016
The grammar and capitalization on this pretty much confirms its fakeness.
Barrysun Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#67 Posted: 03:06:51 19/03/2016
I'm going to wait until I hear REAL Skylanders news. not fake news.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#68 Posted: 05:49:33 19/03/2016
Sounds cool, hoping its real or something just as good or better.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#69 Posted: 07:34:56 19/03/2016
Sounds fake, though anything would make up for Superchargers' dragon deficiency.
---
#all Spyros are valid
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5272
#70 Posted: 13:12:31 19/03/2016
The guy who just sent it to me confirmed it fake. He cut off the part that said fan fiction. I'll send thew full image to ttd (since I don't know any other way to share images besides instagram) but I am sorry for the confusion.
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:19:11 19/03/2016 by skylandsfan
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#71 Posted: 13:16:41 19/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Just received confirmation of it being false. I'll keep this topic up for any further speculation or rumour discussion on skylanders 6.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#72 Posted: 13:19:11 19/03/2016
Not to mention that it would seem another gimmick would be coming this year, and with the competition not doing starter packs, Skylanders needs to advertise no needed starters after this year, which means they need to simplify things. Perhaps allow for people to piece together levels and offer a level creator that can be shared, while bringing back Elemental Gates.

If they keep doing the whole gimmick/you need a new starter every year, this franchise will soon be done.

That list just seems too tailored to what fans want, that it screams bogus.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#73 Posted: 13:21:23 19/03/2016
Right! Just a question: How many Skylanders are there now? I was gonna make a new topic for this but I don't think it's necessary. Anyway, this leads on to my question: Do you think Sky6 and any games that may come after it will release less figures each time? I can't even keep track of them any more!
#74 Posted: 13:28:04 19/03/2016
Right! Just a question: How many Skylanders are there now? I was gonna make a new topic for this but I don't think it's necessary. Anyway, this leads on to my question: Do you think Sky6 and any games that may come after it will release less figures each time? I can't even keep track of them any more!

Unique, all ingame variants, or everyone everyone? Skylanders Character List has some numbers and I know UncleBob keeps track too.

Less each time would be risky. Maybe necessary, but this is Acti. If they could release the exact same numbers each year that worked they'd do it, they only don't because of the need for eyecatching gimmicks.
---
Garygoh884 Gold Sparx Gems: 2854
#75 Posted: 15:04:54 19/03/2016
I'm doubtful if Skylanders continues the gimmick as simply "crown jewels" just to impress and wow kids. Hopefully the flow of this franchise would soon learn its roots of what's being successful and what's not.
#76 Posted: 15:06:51 19/03/2016
Quote: GameMaster78
Not to mention that it would seem another gimmick would be coming this year, and with the competition not doing starter packs, Skylanders needs to advertise no needed starters after this year, which means they need to simplify things.

Not really... Infinity and Dimensions are just updates of the same game whereas Skylanders is a completely new game each time. At the most I can see them just release a Portal Owner's pack, and actually, I think having a starter pack would actually help out since they don't have to worry about Infinity 4.0 or Dimensions 2, meaning anyone just starting to get into TTL games would have an extra option.
---
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:08:08 19/03/2016 by AdamGregory03
HuskerfanChuck Yellow Sparx Gems: 1225
#77 Posted: 16:53:52 19/03/2016
4 x 8 for SA, 2 x 8 for Giants, 4 x 8 for SF, 4 or 6 x 8 + 2 x 2 for TT, 2 x 8 + 2 + 2 for SC. That includes the revamps and guests for SC, and the two numbers for TT depends on whether you want to count the minis as separate characters. So 136 without minis or 152 with minis. This is not counting variants or reposes as independent characters.
---
HuskerfanChuck

Repping the Light, Huskers, and Nebraska!
#78 Posted: 17:03:30 19/03/2016
Quote: HuskerfanChuck
4 x 8 for SA, 2 x 8 for Giants, 4 x 8 for SF, 4 or 6 x 8 + 2 x 2 for TT, 2 x 8 + 2 + 2 for SC. That includes the revamps and guests for SC, and the two numbers for TT depends on whether you want to count the minis as separate characters. So 136 without minis or 152 with minis. This is not counting variants or reposes as independent characters.

Thanks! smilie I was finding it hard to count, haha! smilie But anyway, this is what I mean by too many Skylanders.
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#79 Posted: 20:27:24 19/03/2016
You know, I thought the character choice was real good. And I really would love it if they included Malefor at some point. I guess we're gonna have to wait until we get some actual news, but I have high hopes for the next game to have something good.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
#80 Posted: 20:30:11 19/03/2016
Eh... Malefor would be great, but him turning 'good' would annoy a lot of people.

They really missed an opportunity to include him in TT as one of the villains you could catch!
#81 Posted: 20:32:10 19/03/2016
Everyone I've seen talking about this at least hopes for Malefor to at least show up for a bit, except maybe some I heard are still bitter over DOTD to the point they straight up don't want to remember that he exists. David from VV already expressed interest, it just needs an okay,or on TFB's case, for that interest to get to them as well.

But on Trappable, still unlikely. Malefor is almost as tall as the entire Academy - he wouldn't fit in the majority of indoors areas unless he was shrunk to ridiculous levels.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:45:08 19/03/2016 by Bifrost
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#82 Posted: 20:41:56 19/03/2016
And how said that you must buy all of them or the mass of variants? But that's anyone own choice.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#83 Posted: 21:09:23 19/03/2016
A Skylanders game with a massive focus on Spyro and dragons would be unacceptable for me. Skylanders has become its own thing that can go on without Spyro characters anymore.

A Spyro game that include several dragon Skylanders would be great though, just don't label it a Skylanders game.
---
bye
MagnaSurge Yellow Sparx Gems: 1045
#84 Posted: 21:17:59 19/03/2016
Too bad it's confirmed fake. This would have been my favorite gimmick. And the game probably would have been my favorite in the series.

I did have a weird dream about this last night. Eon was talking to Stealth Elf about every person's energy within them, then mentions if she heard of "Infinite Energy" and asks if she would like to experience this new power. The scene changes to Stealth Elf transforming into this huge brown buff leathery elf with no eyes and long hair. She then slowly reverts back to her normal state. During this revertion I could see a taller version of Stealth Elf: an older version of her with an older woman's figure. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
A buff version of her is not what I would have thought of her in a transformed state, but dreams are always weird.
---
- I want Tara Strong to voice my waifu.
- Ashi will forever remain in my heart. :'c
#85 Posted: 21:20:25 19/03/2016
You sure you didn't see this?

http://jin-saotome.deviantart....wn-up-285271276

Custom figure, by the way. Whenever I think of taller Skylanders my mind just defaults to this nowadays, even though it's commonplace for most characters in the series have small proportions.
---
MagnaSurge Yellow Sparx Gems: 1045
#86 Posted: 21:33:58 19/03/2016
I have never seen that custom before (it's pretty good by the way). But the older Stealth Elf I saw in my dream was more realistic proportioned, but curvy while maintaining her usual appearance. Her eyes weren't serious and she had a calm expression on her face with wide eyes. And my dream wasn't in the game's 3D, but in 2D like a cartoon/anime.
---
- I want Tara Strong to voice my waifu.
- Ashi will forever remain in my heart. :'c
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:38:18 19/03/2016 by MagnaSurge
Starlight_Shine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1088
#87 Posted: 02:55:08 20/03/2016
*wipes tear* It's so... *sniff* Beautiful... But I'm also sad, becuase all this could be too good to be true... *paws at the Dragon Realms pack and Malefor Hideout* One day...
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8194
#88 Posted: 02:57:50 20/03/2016
Quote: Starlight_Shine
*wipes tear* It's so... *sniff* Beautiful... But I'm also sad, becuase all this could be too good to be true... *paws at the Dragon Realms pack and Malefor Hideout* One day...

Dragon Realms pack: Go away. Don't talk to me. smilie
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#89 Posted: 04:33:41 20/03/2016
I am still hanging out for a leaked figure. I haven't superchargers in weeks.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#90 Posted: 05:53:23 20/03/2016
If they hypothetically did go the "game with updates" route like Disney and Lego want to do, who would be the primary developer? Could it finally hit that sweet spot of both devs working together on their strong points? Or would we get "stuck" with their weak points?
---
#all Spyros are valid
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#91 Posted: 07:15:54 20/03/2016
Vicarious Bob
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#92 Posted: 15:25:06 20/03/2016
If they don't advertise this as the last starter needed to be bought for the next couple of years, this series is gonna be hurting bad soon.

Competition now promises no need to fork out 70+ for the foreseeable future, while Activision will continue asking for 70+'for starters, 100 for dark starters, and 13+ for figures. That's not including expansions.

This is why I've grown to appreciate the competition. Not a lot of variants over the past one to three years. Never felt the need to buy multiple, starters, though I did buy a second Lego Dimensions starter for X1 yesterday, but only cause it was 52 bucks after tax, and Dimensions and Infinity don't offer starters just for variants.

Skylanders needs a restructuring, but not in a full blown reboot kind of way.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#93 Posted: 15:30:05 20/03/2016
^ I agree! smilie Activision really need to 'reinvent' themselves - And I don't mean another gimmick. I would love it if they made each chapter more open world-y, in homage to the old Spyro games. Collectables (Eg. soul gems) would be more fun to find, and in the end the game would take longer.

Will this really happen? Probably not, but it's worth a try! smilie
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#94 Posted: 20:29:35 20/03/2016
Quote: GameMaster78
If they don't advertise this as the last starter needed to be bought for the next couple of years, this series is gonna be hurting bad soon.

Competition now promises no need to fork out 70+ for the foreseeable future, while Activision will continue asking for 70+'for starters, 100 for dark starters, and 13+ for figures. That's not including expansions.

This is why I've grown to appreciate the competition. Not a lot of variants over the past one to three years. Never felt the need to buy multiple, starters, though I did buy a second Lego Dimensions starter for X1 yesterday, but only cause it was 52 bucks after tax, and Dimensions and Infinity don't offer starters just for variants.

Skylanders needs a restructuring, but not in a full blown reboot kind of way.

I think it would be good if there was another gimmick but make a gimmick that doesn't need a new portal every year. Bringing some of the old game content like arenas and PVP would be a great start. I am hoping for a sky 6 to be a game based around those elements.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#95 Posted: 22:23:09 20/03/2016
Something quite interesting just came to my mind, what if Sky 6 is a remake of SSA. Think about it, in SC the core of light, which needed one whole game to be completed, was destroyed. In SSA the core of light was portrayed as one of the most important sources in Skylands, so I doubt they would just carelessly forget about it like they did in the following games until SC. They could make us search for the Elemental sources (not sure if that was the actual name) once again but in a more twisted way. Maybe the Undead source is deep in a forest, rotting all life and the Water source is extincting all lava in a super important volcano etc. And to top all of that, they're being guarded by the Doom Raiders... no that would be too much. But give each element an actual boss like in Trap Team (yes, Magic too). And the gimmick could be a Skylander with the two opposite elements. For example a Fire & Water Skylander and an Undead & Life Skylander etc. Now that's something that would make this franchise skyrocket.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:23:54 20/03/2016 by Deja Vu
#96 Posted: 22:25:08 20/03/2016
That would be awesome,but people would complain it's reusing plots too soon. Still hoping TFB won't drop the Core so easily just because VV had it destroyed though, even if a replacement using the Sources and some new machine since they're,well, eternal sources, they won't run out even if the vessels were all crushed to dust.
---
#97 Posted: 22:27:43 20/03/2016
Quote: Deja Vu
Something quite interesting just came to my mind, what if Sky 6 is a remake of SSA. Think about it, in SC the core of light, which needed one whole game to be completed, was destroyed. In SSA the core of light was portrayed as one of the most important sources in Skylands, so I doubt they would just carelessly forget about it like they did in the following games until SC. They could make us search for the Elemental sources (not sure if that was the actual name) once again but in a more twisted way. Maybe the Undead source is deep in a forest, rotting all life and the Water source is extincting all lava in a super important volcano etc. And to top all of that, they're being guarded by the Doom Raiders... no that would be too much. But give each element an actual boss like in Trap Team (yes, Magic too). And the gimmick could be a Skylander with the two opposite elements. For example a Fire & Water Skylander and an Undead & Life Skylander etc. Now that's something that would make this franchise skyrocket.

Eh... Pretty sure cores with 2 elements would be too similar to SF. Still a good idea, though! smilie
#98 Posted: 22:54:53 20/03/2016
Dual-element Skylanders would definitely allow for some really creative designs. As for the whole Spyro's Adventure remake, I think that's better kept for an anniversary title. Like, celebrating ten years of Skylanders or something.
---
Check this out! Please?
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#99 Posted: 01:20:34 21/03/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Dual-element Skylanders would definitely allow for some really creative designs. As for the whole Spyro's Adventure remake, I think that's better kept for an anniversary title. Like, celebrating ten years of Skylanders or something.

Already been done - better - with Swap Force. I was thinking dual element would be fun a few years back, but then they made it so you can pick the elements yourself.
#100 Posted: 01:34:00 21/03/2016
Better? I don't think slapping two clashing color palettes in the same character is in any way better. I think Adam meant it like dual typings in Pokémon - a Fire/Water character uses steam, an Air/Water character uses blizzards, those kinds of mixes. However, they wouldn't get much use - worse,they're an excuse for a huge roster unless they left some potential ones out. I think as a special side-gimmick like Minis and Elites are, with a few select ones with no risk of not covering some niche,would work out better. Maybe even have them themed after some levels or villain motifs kinda like Fiesta and Count Moneybone in the same game was a nice touch.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:35:42 21/03/2016 by Bifrost
First | Page 2 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me