darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 14 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#651 Posted: 01:49:37 22/05/2016
GUYS. I GET THE JOKE. HE'S AND EMPEROR PENGUIN. OH MY GOD TFB I LOVE YOU.

Honestly he doesn't look like he's a gimmicklander since so particular part of him stands out. I could be wrong, or... OR... GUYS. COULD WE POSSIBLY BE HAVING OUR FIRST NON-GIMMICK SKYLANDERS GAME SINCE SSA????!!!!!!

AHDIGNIDRGHENERHI I'm still freaking out omg. I'd say it's safe to say that we'll be seeing an official announcement sometime within the next 2 weeks.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#652 Posted: 01:54:45 22/05/2016
Ok,so I left the party and get back home to analyze this calmly.

The elemental symbol on the water's bird armor is pretty intriguing,seems like there could be other armors with other symbols

The fact they created a new art for the attractive golden queen is a clue as well.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#653 Posted: 01:55:24 22/05/2016
I declare we shall call him "empoler" intil his actual name is revealed its a pun on emperor, polar and impaler.
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#654 Posted: 01:57:25 22/05/2016
Quote: Aura24
They likely won't focus on the traps ever again if the villains aren't trappable in Sky 6.

This. After Sky 6, Traps will definitely be dead. That's why I have such hope that they'll use them again in this game.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#655 Posted: 01:57:29 22/05/2016
I'm just gonna call him Emperor until we get a real name, but that isn't bad.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#656 Posted: 01:58:03 22/05/2016
Hey guys, what'd I-*sees new penguin Skylander and Golden Queen art*-OH MY G-!!! (Explodes)
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#657 Posted: 01:59:18 22/05/2016
Imma call him Pingu
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Rattlebuckler Gold Sparx Gems: 2298
#658 Posted: 01:59:52 22/05/2016
Now if they do end up making villain figures all I'm asking is for painyatta to have one
---
We’re 106 miles from Chicago we got a full tank of gas a half a pack of cigarettes it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses hit it -blues brothers
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#659 Posted: 02:11:40 22/05/2016
I'm finished with the main picture, editing now.

http://i.giphy.com/l396R7ykZqampBxCw.gif
(why imgur hates gifs, reuploaded to giphy)

accompanying music

Now I have to leave because it's late, but don't find another amazing leak without me, guys : P
Also, the description if this gets taken down. No new hints yet,but Eon's Elite are mentioned.

Quote:
Using their magical powers and machinery, the Skylanders protect their world by keeping peace and balance and serving you, their Portal Master. The Skylands are now home to the Swap Force, Trap Team, Villains, Giants, Spyros and Eon’s Elite. Meet the mightiest here.

edit: NOW IT'S REALLY DONE I CAN SLEEP

[User Posted Image]
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 02:22:48 22/05/2016 by Bifrost
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#660 Posted: 02:23:36 22/05/2016
Okay, now things are crazy.

First, the design is very good, and definitely something interesting. Maybe it's a gimmick Skylander, maybe not. And I don't see much "Water" in him, but maybe we will see more in the gameplay.

Now I really hope they don't have Villain figures, but maybe they will have. I hope not, but...

EDIT: Now that I've saw that he's a penguin. That's the "Water" he has. Maybe something with ice?
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:46:20 22/05/2016 by Crash10
#661 Posted: 02:32:04 22/05/2016
There are a lot of people on YouTube and other social platforms that seem to think that this is going to give us a hint towards the new game. I honestly think that this guy is actually a core. Every other character on the calendar is a core, so that is where most of it comes from. Also, I don't see anything particularly... er... different about this character, he just looks like a penguin warrior to me.
---
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#662 Posted: 02:44:14 22/05/2016
Omg omg omg omg omg this looks like a real leak, finally...! That Golden Queen artwork might mean we are getting some Villains in toy form smilie And that penguin guy looks great!
---
bye
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#663 Posted: 02:47:08 22/05/2016
Skylanders: Warriors a possibility? Something like it? I mean come on, look at him/her. That speaks warrior.

Ah, I knew they couldn't contain the leaks forever. *evil laugh*
#664 Posted: 02:48:41 22/05/2016
Quote: Crash10

First, the design is very good, and definitely something interesting. Maybe it's a gimmick Skylander, maybe not. And I don't see much "Water" in him, but maybe we will see more in the gameplay.

Now I really hope they don't have Villain figures, but maybe they will have. I hope not, but...

EDIT: Now that I've saw that he's a penguin. That's the "Water" he has. Maybe something with ice?

This is most likely a Legendary variant.
---
#665 Posted: 02:50:52 22/05/2016
Quote: 84skylanderdude
Quote: Crash10

This is most likely a Legendary variant.

Legendary Skylanders usually use a very dark blue, but his armor is more black. So, maybe it's Legendary, but maybe not.
---
Bruh
#666 Posted: 02:58:31 22/05/2016
It seems odd that they have so few characters on the calendar that are new to Skylanders 6 (one). Possibly a small roster this year...

*GASP* MAYBE THEY'RE FOCUSING ON GAMEPLAY FOR ONCE!!! smilie
#667 Posted: 03:00:10 22/05/2016
Quote: Swap Force Fan
It seems odd that they have so few characters on the calendar that are new to Skylanders 6 (one). Possibly a small roster this year...

Superchargers had a small roster as well, you know...
---
#668 Posted: 03:03:52 22/05/2016
Quote: ninja9351

True... I feel that this is possibly just a draft of the actual calendar.

But, having the game focused on gameplay would be really nice.
#669 Posted: 03:05:32 22/05/2016
Quote: ninja9351

True... I feel that this is possibly just a draft of the actual calendar.

But, having the game focused on gameplay would be really nice.

I prefer a balance. A good gimmick, good roster, good gameplay...
---
Bruh
sirxtommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1814
#670 Posted: 03:11:51 22/05/2016
let me guess sky6 named Armored, Battle Armor, or Armor Warrior
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#671 Posted: 03:40:01 22/05/2016
^Now I'm reminded of that old Ninja Turtles line that had an armor gimmick.

---
Boop me if you see this.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#672 Posted: 03:48:38 22/05/2016
Aside from the new Golden Queen art + Kaos and Chompy Mage art, there are no gimmick characters (no Giants, Swappers, Trap Team, Superchargers) with the group. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a core character.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
SodaPopHD Gold Sparx Gems: 2023
#673 Posted: 03:50:24 22/05/2016
I hope it's a Core character. He seems awesome.
---
"Sarcasm is like punching someone in the face, but with words."
"You're not ugly. You're a beautiful monkey."
JOIN THE CAUSE TO SAVE DITTO!
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#674 Posted: 03:54:09 22/05/2016
Quote:
Using their magical powers and machinery, the Skylanders protect their world by keeping peace and balance and serving you, their Portal Master. The Skylands are now home to the Swap Force, Trap Team, Villains, Giants, Spyros and Eon’s Elite. Meet the mightiest here.

Spyros confirmed for new gimmick. The new guy must be penguin Spyro. /s

In all seriousness, looks intreaging. Not the hugest fan of the penguin guy, but Golden Queen's new pose makes it seem like there's something in store for the villains.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#675 Posted: 04:04:05 22/05/2016
Quote: Drek95
Now, that's a badass penguin!
Really glad to see such a creative design for Water.

I'm not a big fan of the new elemental backgrounds but as long as cards are back, hopefully with the old backgrounds on them, I'll be fine.

Golden Queen's new artwork kinda confuses and "worries" me: I wouldn't like if they relied on something cheap like "villains are now complete Skylanders-like characters"... But this doesn't seem to be the case for everyone since the Chompy Mage still has his Trap Team artwork.
I won't lie, even that penguin looks more like a villain rather than a Skylander to me.

Maybe certain villains got promoted as Skylanders...?
Wonder how they'd deal with traps if that was the case.

I would love to sound more hyped but I'm reeeeeally tired.
So, FIRST OFFICIAL SKYLANDERS 6 NEWS YAAAAAAAAAaaaaaawn. smilie

A few weeks ago I post the idea of a Kaos Squad, where he is still powerless and help us to fight a new evil. But the Golden Queen or anything other of the Doom Raiders as Skylanders? Maybe some of his old contract henchmen, but all other would be a too adventurous idea.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#676 Posted: 04:15:46 22/05/2016
Quote: Matteomax
Aside from the new Golden Queen art + Kaos and Chompy Mage art, there are no gimmick characters (no Giants, Swappers, Trap Team, Superchargers) with the group. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a core character.

True. His armor could easily just be his own thing. Of course it's also possible that Sky 6 won't even have any cores, in which case they'd have no choice but to use a gimmicklander.
---
Boop me if you see this.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#677 Posted: 04:28:26 22/05/2016
Normally my favorite Skylander isn't revealed until much later in the year (Trap Shadow, Enigma, Thrillipede, etc.) but this guy is already one of my favorites.
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#678 Posted: 04:48:27 22/05/2016
Yes HAHAHA! Finally a real leak! And I like his look, too. Golden Queen is unusual.
---
Hahahahaha
DeadPortal Blue Sparx Gems: 600
#679 Posted: 06:45:42 22/05/2016
LOVE THIS LEAK!!!
---
My FanFiction

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/6264483/DeadPortal
LittlePunk Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#680 Posted: 07:23:59 22/05/2016
Someone please get me a straight jacket!!!! The hype levels are too intense!!!!!!
---
smilie This fire is outta control!
smilie Let there be rock!!!
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#681 Posted: 07:27:51 22/05/2016
Wow, they're looking pretty good! I am so hyped right now, and this time it's for real!
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
BOOMCAKE Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#682 Posted: 08:36:06 22/05/2016
Looking great the penquin guy or a snow owl, the beak and paws doesn't match for a penquin but whatever we will know this later. A new render of the Golden Queen, Villains playable again? Maybe we will getting this time no gimmicklanders.
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#683 Posted: 08:41:42 22/05/2016
FINALLY A SAMURAI. Trap returns? Villains Toy figures?
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
ImDoubleTrouble Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#684 Posted: 08:59:00 22/05/2016
I'm getting a Jet Vac / Riptide vibe with this new one and that's a good thing. Looking forward to seeing what TFB has in store. Now that there is a leak, (with past gaming reveal experiences) i'd expect a full reveal very soon, E3 or maybe a reveal trailer just before and then they'll probably show more of at the event.

BTW I know it's obvious but he's in Legendary colours so variants confirmed!
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
#685 Posted: 09:27:21 22/05/2016
I don't think he is in Legendary colors. His armor just happens to be black and yellow. If he was Legendary, the silver blades would be golden.
---
bye
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#686 Posted: 09:30:44 22/05/2016
The Penguin is awesome. I am going to call him Sliceberg for now. For the Goldeb Queen, I think she might be coming back as completely upgradeable figure.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
ImDoubleTrouble Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#687 Posted: 10:06:30 22/05/2016
Quote: newkill
I don't think he is in Legendary colors. His armor just happens to be black and yellow. If he was Legendary, the silver blades would be golden.

True, however the colors are very close to a Legendary variant and it's an unusual selection of colors for a standard water skylander. The design is awesome and if this is a Legendary then it'll be interesting to see how a normal color scheme will look on him.
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#688 Posted: 10:08:25 22/05/2016
Quote: BOOMCAKE
Looking great the penquin guy or a snow owl, the beak and paws doesn't match for a penquin but whatever we will know this later.

Maybe he's like a DND owlbear mixed with a penguin
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:08:48 22/05/2016 by shadowfox
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#689 Posted: 10:15:40 22/05/2016
Have you guys noticed that there focusing on the penguin's and the golden queen's weapons ?
I think that the new gimmick skylanders are going to have exchangeable weapons .
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#690 Posted: 10:33:48 22/05/2016
^Yes we noticed it, specially in the penguin and golden queen pics.Wouldn't be surprised if that's one Of the features Of 6kylanders
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
AmiiboMaster Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#691 Posted: 11:00:53 22/05/2016
That samurai Skylander looks like a revamped version of Jet Vac
---
Gimme all your Amiibos

and Skylanders BTW!
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#692 Posted: 11:15:59 22/05/2016
Quote: AmiiboMaster

Nah... He's not. That would be stupid! He's obviously some sort of penguin or ice owl.

-----

Also, I don't get why people are so upset at the idea of Villain figures. Yes, it would make Traps really useless, but I never saw them as a worthwhile toy at all... They were just tiny plastic pieces that they made too many of. They were a rabbit hole I knew I didn't want to fall down. Of course they would want to support them that long. But, whatever! I'm excited to see what's in store for us.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#693 Posted: 11:18:20 22/05/2016
I JUST WOKE UP AND SAW THIS! THIS WEEK IS KILLING ME!!!
For once I actualy like the Water Skylanders because he's a penguin and I always wanted a penguin Skylander! And just look at his legs... they're so fluffy.
All my yes to the Golden Queen figure, I would buy hundreds of those. Maybe we'll get an "evolved" variant?
This our first leak and I'm expecting reveals in the next two weeks.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#694 Posted: 11:21:59 22/05/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
Quote: AmiiboMaster

Nah... He's not. That would be stupid! He's obviously some sort of penguin or ice owl.

-----

Also, I don't get why people are so upset at the idea of Villain figures. Yes, it would make Traps really useless, but I never saw them as a worthwhile toy at all... They were just tiny plastic pieces that they made too many of. They were a rabbit hole I knew I didn't want to fall down. Of course they would want to support them that long. But, whatever! I'm excited to see what's in store for us.

And, is no ine going to talk about the New Series 2 Spyro art? I have a theory on this... What if they make new special figures for Skylanders Academy. Toys that articulated like real action figures and were completely different from the Sky 6 line of figures. Pretty out there assumption, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a range of reposes for Skylanders Academy.
#695 Posted: 11:24:16 22/05/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
Also, I don't get why people are so upset at the idea of Villain figures.

I think it is a matter of lore for some people? Like, Villains should not be Skylanders or become frozen toys in our world like the Skylanders. I personally don't care and really hope some Villains get physical figures. Wolfgang, Golden Queen, Chompy Mage, Chill Bill, Krankcase, Luminous, Pain-yatta, Chef Pepper Jack... I would love to have a toy version of them!
---
bye
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:26:09 22/05/2016 by newkill
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#696 Posted: 11:42:00 22/05/2016
Well, he does look a bit like Jet-Vac but he obviously is another character.

I liked traps a lot, because they were a way to introduce a strategic element and make us play as our favorite villains in a different way than the Skylanders.
I still see a lot of potential with that concept but could understand if they decided to turn some of the villains in full-fledged figures.

And maybe it's just me, but I think all the old gimmicks should be at least mantained the way they were originally in respect of the people who liked them.

Regarding our penguin's armor, it does look big, compact and "separated" enough to be detachable without representing a threat for young kids but I'll wait to see at least another character.
It does look like a perfect Core as well (don't get tricked by the elemental symbol on it, Jet-Vac has it as well).

Definitely not a Legendary to me, even if the color scheme is somehow similar he should look like a statue with no colors other than blue, gold and maybe bits of white.

Just an extremely random thought but I would freakin love if he had some connections with Onk Beakman. smilie

Love your fan name, Snap Shot!
I was thinking about something similar (like Icebeak) but your's fits him much better!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:06:29 22/05/2016 by Drek95
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#697 Posted: 12:12:35 22/05/2016
Am I the only one who finds it odd how the Golden Queen is the only one with new artwork on that calender, while Kaos and the Chompy Mage just have their art from Trap Team?

I really can't think of any other reason for giving the Golden Queen an elemental background in her art other than making a figure of her... So if this villain figures theory is true maybe it means not all the Doom Raiders are going to get figures.

And... I really don't have a theory for the penguin guy. I mean, nothing about his design really says he's a gimmick-lander, and I doubt that he is... But, I did notice how he has polar bear feet.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#698 Posted: 12:19:26 22/05/2016
She has new art because she never had her old artwork easily avaliable. The only place it was ever in were the Sea Action Pack packaging and the Micro Legendary Comic packs - Chompy Mage and Kaos always went between the CG model and artwork.
All others are reused too, so I wouldn't rule these characters in yet, the calendar company might've just picked these at random and the penguin/GD happened to be avaliable for licensed merch already. This does say that we should be on the lookout for those specially while there's no reveal.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
First | Previous | Page 14 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me