Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Spyro: A Fate Worse than Death
Page 1 of 1
Spyro: A Fate Worse than Death [CLOSED]
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#1 Posted: 13:55:27 15/03/2016 | Topic Creator

your thoughts on the matter?...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 15:25:04 15/03/2016
I don't even need to see the video to know the contents. Flamewar incoming if someone takes the bait.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#3 Posted: 15:31:07 15/03/2016
Quote: Bifrost
I don't even need to see the video to know the contents. Flamewar incoming if someone takes the bait.

I watched it, and it's really more about the Spyro series as a whole than it is about Skylanders.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#4 Posted: 15:34:49 15/03/2016
I know that, I mean 'wah wah Spyro is dead why won't Acti listen to us' because surely we haven't heard this enough since 2009, even more from Classic genwunners.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:36:21 15/03/2016 by Bifrost
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#5 Posted: 15:54:54 15/03/2016
"Spyro isn't reposed! That means he's dead! Even though he's going to appear in the Skylanders tv series and has appeared a lot in the comics! Screw logic and common sense!"

"That pug of a "dragon" is NOT Spyro! Kill it with fire!"

"Let's keep harassing Insomniac to bring back Spyro, guys! Even if they didn't own Spyro to begin with! Our innocent baby Spyro must be brought back the way we want him to be!"

"Spyro died since 2000!" "No, he died since 2005!" "2008! Legend of Spyro was Spyro!" "No it wasn't! That Spyro was ugly!"
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:57:55 15/03/2016 by Aura24
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#6 Posted: 21:10:40 15/03/2016
I just can't wait until the Ratchet & Clank PS4 game comes out and...

...Pisses off hardcore classic Spyro fans with an in-cutscene easter egg so blatant you'd have to be blind and deaf to miss it. XD
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#7 Posted: 21:31:44 15/03/2016
Wait,they had that before? Sounds oddly specific.
---
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#8 Posted: 23:08:40 15/03/2016
Ayyy Haedox is my favorite youtuber <3
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#9 Posted: 00:09:21 16/03/2016
Really?
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#10 Posted: 01:03:52 16/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Wreckingball13
Ayyy Haedox is my favorite youtuber <3

yes he is very good, thats one of the reason i posted this here. good to see others like his videos too smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#11 Posted: 01:31:41 16/03/2016
I would prefer Spyro continuing as his own thing (either Classic or LoS) but he's honestly got it much better than a lot of other "dead" mascots.

I mean at least Skylanders is a solid enough game. Not nearly worth the usual asking price but still solid games. And Spyro is fun enough to play as in the games.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#12 Posted: 01:33:08 16/03/2016
Oh, I wouldn't say that, he'll get mad at the fact you put solid and skylanders on the same sentence, that includes SC.

Better than some forgotten long before them , at least. NiGHTs keeps living off of cameos for over a decade, and let's not get started with Conker.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:34:58 16/03/2016 by Bifrost
#13 Posted: 01:55:09 16/03/2016

Nah, it's new.

The same cutscene references Resistance and Girl With a Stick, so it's basically Insomniac poking fun at their history.
---
#14 Posted: 02:18:23 16/03/2016
Skylanders is honestly a better reboot than most reboot titles though, even if Spyro mainly was just used for advertisement purposes.

Remember when they tried to make Bomberman "next-gen and edgy?"
---
Check this out! Please?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#15 Posted: 03:07:26 16/03/2016
Quote: Drawdler
Quote: AdamGregory03
Skylanders is honestly a better reboot than most reboot titles though, even if Spyro mainly was just used for advertisement purposes.

Remember when they tried to make Bomberman "next-gen and edgy?"

[User Posted Image]

THERE WAS NO GAME CALLED BOMBERMAN ZERO

[User Posted Image]

NEVER AGAIN.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#16 Posted: 08:11:15 16/03/2016
what i've learnt- spyro fans are never happy
#17 Posted: 08:35:35 16/03/2016
Quote: arceustheprime
what i've learnt- fandoms are never happy

FTFY. If it grows big enough, it has a section where no one is ever pleased.
---
#18 Posted: 08:41:50 16/03/2016

Like most Sonic fans.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#19 Posted: 15:12:50 16/03/2016
Quote: Aura24

Like most Sonic fans.

Sonic fans have legitimate reasons to be unhappy right now given the last two major releases were a buggy mess that didn't even feel like a Sonic game, and a cheating F2P endless runner that was ORIGINALLY really good but got butchered with post-release updates that make the game literal Pay2Win.
---
#20 Posted: 17:25:07 16/03/2016
I mean, about Sonic's design, the game direction fans want the franchise to take. Literally if one side gets what they wanted, the other side of the fanbase will become displeased. And vice versa.
---
#21 Posted: 18:26:12 16/03/2016
I mean, about Sonic's design, the game direction fans want the franchise to take. Literally if one side gets what they wanted, the other side of the fanbase will become displeased. And vice versa.

Not really.

The design arguments are long gone, Modern Sonic is the core design and that's well settled into the fandom. People can still prefer one design over the other but nobody is arguing for it to be changed.

As for franchise direction, there is legitimate concerns about that across the board. People just want a consistently good game, at least, like Generations was.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:26:34 16/03/2016 by sonicbrawler182
#22 Posted: 18:35:07 16/03/2016
You're looking at the best part of the fandom though. We don't mean just these people, we mean some kid who genuinely thinks S06 was the best game, green eyes and blue arms are the devil, and everything in between. Genuine concerns and mature opinions exist but unfortunately aren't alone there.
---
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#23 Posted: 19:31:54 16/03/2016
When everyone reacted to "Boom Sonic," they really did overreact. There's good reasons to not be very happy with the performance of the current games, but with the designs there isn't. A whole bunch of franchises has had it happen to them at least once or twice, yet there are always complaints. As we know, Spyro fans still complain about Spyro's appearance now, just like Sonic fans. Nobody seems to be able to agree on liking the same things. That to people saying that a game is horrible, just because of how a character looks. Which is one of the worst things to judge by, in many cases.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
#24 Posted: 22:29:24 16/03/2016
The problem is you guys are literally taking a tiny, not even that vocal minority (I've hardly seen any complaints about Boom designs beyond the initial reveal, which was justified BTW, because the initial promotional renders were horrible), and calling them "the Sonic fanbase", as if they represent the Sonic fan base as a whole. When that shouldn't be the case. People who are simply fans of the series shouldn't be lumped in with those who occasionally complain about something silly.

People need to stop acting as if the majority of the Sonic fan base is bad when we are way past that point, if we were ever even at it.
---
#25 Posted: 22:34:14 16/03/2016
Well, it's a minority,but it's very vocal. That's the impression people get when they run into them since they might also bring it up where it has no place.
Same for Spyro fans. Probably most of them wouldn't bat an eye and just camly hope the games come back and care less about Skylanders,but we hear those that lash out like angry dogs at Spyro x Ember shippers, anyone who draws Cynder in the way of harm, and Skyro.
---
#26 Posted: 22:57:42 16/03/2016
For now everything you say is anecdotal though and doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme. I barely see any of the stuff you talk about and I know plenty of others don't see it either.

It's a minority that isn't even that vocal. Maybe you just hang around poor communities.
---
#27 Posted: 23:51:46 16/03/2016
Probably. But on the Spyro fandom's case, aside from DS I've yet to see that good community. If it's not nearly dead it's full of genwunners.
---
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#28 Posted: 07:03:22 20/03/2016
Personally, I was sorely disappointed at the entire concept of Skylanders. Original Spyro was the best and Legend of Spyro was a nice change. But that's just my opinion. I wouldn't call Spyro "dead."

Quote: sonicbrawler182

Like most Sonic fans.

Sonic fans have legitimate reasons to be unhappy right now given the last two major releases were a buggy mess that didn't even feel like a Sonic game, and a cheating F2P endless runner that was ORIGINALLY really good but got butchered with post-release updates that make the game literal Pay2Win.

aaaaaaaaaaand there's the unhappy sonic fan
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:03:54 20/03/2016 by Metallo
KnightArtorias Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#29 Posted: 19:45:27 24/03/2016
Fandoms are never satisfied. Doesn't matter how big the fandom is or how popular/unpopular the series is, you will never be able to fully please a fandom when it comes to...well any series. Tis why I despise most fandoms.
---
"Caim? Caim...the one who calls to me...I cannot see. Where are you?"
~Angelus (Drakengard 2)
(Angelus x Caim OTP)
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#30 Posted: 23:04:31 31/03/2016
^ yes.

Quote: HIR

Nah, it's new.

The same cutscene references Resistance and Girl With a Stick, so it's basically Insomniac poking fun at their history.

link to this? sounds entertaining.
#31 Posted: 02:25:27 01/04/2016
Quote: faunatic
^ yes.

Nah, it's new.

link to this? sounds entertaining.

Nope. Spoilers and stuff. You could, y'know, buy the game and see it for yourself. ~_^
---
#32 Posted: 02:35:16 01/04/2016
no ps4. not curious enough to spend 500$+. link please?
#33 Posted: 15:27:17 01/04/2016
https://youtu.be/3N47T5ohi_g?t=3677

I think that'll work? If not, it's 1 hour and 1 minute into the video.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#34 Posted: 11:16:50 03/04/2016
I don't know if this can be considered "taking the bait" and I sincerely don't care that much, I simply want to express my personal opinion.

I am convinced that bringing back and trying to make it appeal to more/new customers is a much, much, much better fate for any character or series than simply forgetting it entirely.
I will never accept the idea that if I don't like a new version or game of a series I liked in the past then it's better if it was never made in the first place because it wouldn't be fair for the many fans who may appreciate it (and there are fans for every game, I'm pretty sure of that).

Would I like Classic-like Spyro games?
Of course.
Do I hate the new games simply because they arent't what I wanted?
Of course no.

In my opinion the only remotely wrong game in the entire Spyro franchise (oh, yes, Skylanders is a series with Spyro, not a Spyro's series so it doesn't count) is Enter the Dragonfly and only because it was rushed, buggy and could have been incredibly better then it is.

I think Crash truly suffered a sad fate, not because of the Titans' series but because there was nothing after that.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:04:45 03/04/2016 by Drek95
#35 Posted: 13:05:58 03/04/2016
^Yeah, it's funny how everyone's all like "OH MY GOD SPYRO IS DEAD" and yet still have hope for Crash, who really IS dead at this point, or might as well be.
---
Check this out! Please?
#36 Posted: 13:15:05 03/04/2016
When changes piss them off, people go "just let it die!" (refer to sonic fandom). When something has been dead for a while, people go "I wouldn't mind a reboot as long as it isn't forgotten...".

And this is why you don't try to please fandoms unless it's a good addition.
---
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#37 Posted: 13:23:26 03/04/2016
In my case I would love some compromize,kids can keep Skylanders but Spyro fan who are older,could get their own series but with plotline adapted to the teen mature audience,I m still confused why we don't have that and all dragons games are made for kids except if you re Divinity or Skyrim.In that way Spyro and Skylanders will finally be separated and no one younger will think that characters like Malefor,Cynder,Spyro and Sparx came from Skylanders,it came from Spyro the dragon,ps1 in 1998!Also,mature teen audience does not mean gory,I know some m rated games that are not.

Another fact,the cartoon will more than likely made for toddlers so like tlk fan for The Lion Guard you will get disappointed,they re will be repetitive plotline,lots of catchphrase,no fight,no one can die even villains,evil always lose,toyline who will ONLY focus on new characters so nothing for the Spyro characters or Giants dragons,they will get forgotten completely.In fact,actually I never saw any merchandizing for any characters from the Spyro franchise only for the humanoid Skylanders and the show won't change it.Remake the classic or Legend already!
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#38 Posted: 13:44:35 03/04/2016
The cartoon didn't even get a preview yet, let's not assume. Futurama's writer and MLP's writer combining ideas could be anything from comic level to weirder to Sonic Boom.
---
#39 Posted: 13:54:07 03/04/2016
I think the cartoon could be fun and I really don't care if Spyro just stays with Skylanders. Activision clearly has a plan with this franchise and they're not going to be stopped.

And anyone who thinks Insomniac Games is stupid enough to work with ActiBlizz after the whole FUSE/Overstrike debacle with Electronic Arts needs to quit dreaming. There's a better chance Naughty Dog makes a Jak 4 in our lifetimes.
---
#40 Posted: 18:59:07 03/04/2016
https://youtu.be/3N47T5ohi_g?t=3677

I think that'll work? If not, it's 1 hour and 1 minute into the video.

haha that was great! thanks muchly for the link! almost makes this one want a ps4 now.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#41 Posted: 20:06:58 03/04/2016
But A Hero's Tail was so good ;~;

I actually bought two of the three Spyro Reboot games and I just....It was just bash B the game and hope you don't die an unfair death. It was just really boring and way too weirdly hard especially early on

I think if they got the ORIGINAL Spyro team back they could do great things, just like the original Banjo Kazooie team is doing Yooka Laylee
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#42 Posted: 02:02:34 04/04/2016
I'm pretty sure the most important members of the original team are still at Insomniac Games. ^.^;
---
#43 Posted: 02:49:00 04/04/2016
original spyro team was 12 people. not even close to enough to make a game today. most of them arn't in the industry anymore even. think ted price might be the only original spyro team member left by now and he runs a company, doesn't make games.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me