Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Nintendo Direct 3/3/16 Discussion Topic
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Nintendo Direct 3/3/16 Discussion Topic [CLOSED]
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#101 Posted: 01:02:16 04/03/2016
actual leaked screenshot of Kirby: Planet Robobot:

[User Posted Image]
---
Cool cool.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#102 Posted: 01:06:56 04/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Guys, I think we're all forgetting the true best part of the Direct...

[User Posted Image]
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#103 Posted: 01:34:42 04/03/2016
I don't know if this box art is fake or not, but gosh, it's beautiful:

[User Posted Image]

Quote: Bifrost
As a brazilian,obligatory hue. New M&S Olympic Games.

Hue for us all.
---
Bruh
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#104 Posted: 01:43:13 04/03/2016
That's the real box art.

I love it too (more Rosalina leotard renders is always good, and I like the Yoshi render a lot), but Mario's mouth is making me uncomfortable. It looks like he has very defined lips or something, and his mouth is oddly low.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#105 Posted: 01:54:11 04/03/2016
[User Posted Image]

best part of the direct
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#106 Posted: 01:54:48 04/03/2016
Quote: Crash10
I don't know if this box art is fake or not, but gosh, it's beautiful:

[User Posted Image]

Quote: Bifrost
As a brazilian,obligatory hue. New M&S Olympic Games.

Hue for us all.

That sky tho <3

Also Rosalina <3
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#107 Posted: 02:36:41 04/03/2016
Mmk no Zelda Wii U brb crying
---
Spread those positive vibes
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#108 Posted: 04:14:36 04/03/2016
ZELDAFANS AND METROIDFANS AND BAYOFANS BTFO.
KIRBYBROS WIN AGAIN.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#109 Posted: 05:01:03 04/03/2016
Quote: LunarDistortion
3DS[/b]
SNES Virtual Console titles releasing for New 3DS models through March
Pilotwings, Super Mario World, F-Zero, Donkey Kong Country 2, Donkey Kong Country, EarthBound

aaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH YESSSS alreadyhadthemthroughhomebrew BUT STILL
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#110 Posted: 06:36:36 04/03/2016
Excited for Super Mario Kart. Still haven't picked up FEFates, would it be better to skip the first two and just wait for Revelations?
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#111 Posted: 08:06:06 04/03/2016
^The three versions of Fates are all full games with their own stories and a difference in mechanics.

Revelations is recommended to be played last though, and cannot be bought stand alone. Either part of the special edition, or as DLC for one of the other two.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#112 Posted: 16:54:29 04/03/2016
http://www.nintendo.com/games/...net-robobot-3ds

^More Kirby Robobot details.

-New abilities include Doctor, ESP, Poison (confirmed to function like Water Kirby) and the return of Smash Kirby.
-Like Triple Deluxe and Return to Dreamland, stages have collectibles: Code Cubes and stickers to decorate Robobot (akin to the keychains from Triple Deluxe).
-Meta Knightmare Returns: Basically Dededetour! with Meta Knight (time attack plus tougher enemies and EX bosses).
-The Arena (and probably The True Arena) confirmed to return.

THE HYPE! THE HYPE!
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#113 Posted: 17:06:27 04/03/2016
They're finally taking more tips from Super Star Ultra than The Arena and plot twist boss? Color me interested. That game was also from a streak of similar looking ones from the GBA but it did so much to stand out on its own the sprites are really the only thing that's kept intact(and even then it was made to match the old Super Star designs).
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:07:50 04/03/2016 by Bifrost
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#114 Posted: 17:38:07 04/03/2016
Quote: Seiki
Excited for Super Mario Kart. Still haven't picked up FEFates, would it be better to skip the first two and just wait for Revelations?

You have to buy the special edition (good luck, they are next to impossible to find) or one version then spend an extra 20$ to buy the path to get Revelations. I absolutely DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING REVELATIONS FIRST! It is highly suggested to play the first two first as otherwise the enjoy-ability of Revelations will be lower.

Suggest order of playing
Hoshido (Birthright)
then Nohr (Conquest)
Then Revelations
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#115 Posted: 17:45:41 04/03/2016
I can't wait for Kirby!
HE'S COMIN' RIGHT BACK ATCHA!
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#116 Posted: 18:16:17 04/03/2016
So... with Fates it's not like a Pokemon Red/Blue type thing where each has you choosing a different side to fight with? Each is like an entirely different game just using the same world/plot? (Sorry if this sounds stupid, never played FE before)
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#117 Posted: 18:54:08 04/03/2016
Quote: Sleepy0429
KIRBYBROS WIN AGAIN.

People were expecting a new Bayonetta game?

So... with Fates it's not like a Pokemon Red/Blue type thing where each has you choosing a different side to fight with? Each is like an entirely different game just using the same world/plot? (Sorry if this sounds stupid, never played FE before)

It's a different side but the story changes fairly significantly depending on which you choose. Birthright is the story of what happens if you choose your birth family in Hoshido, while Conquest is if you decide to stay with your adoptive family of Nohr (these aren't spoilers, it's been a selling point).

Additionally there's some gameplay changes between the two, namely the difficulty. While each game can scale difficulty in a variety of ways, Birthright is regarded as the easier game more accepting for newcomers and those inexperienced, while Conquest is closer to the classic difficult Fire Emblem games of the past. Each kingdom also has classes or weapons exclusive to their respective selves along with aesthetic changes (Hoshido is inspired by Japanese samurai and the like, while Nohr is more European kingdoms).

Revelations is supposedly the plot for what happens if you decide to side with neither kingdom, and reveals plot points that otherwise aren't covered in either of the two stories.

If you haven't ever played FE before download and try the demo for Awakening. Awakening is, like Birthright, more accepting to newcomers and was my introduction to the series.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:55:50 04/03/2016 by CAV
#118 Posted: 18:57:57 04/03/2016
Even without any issues I'm sure the next Bayo will take quite some time to even be announced, for the things they do in them you can't rush.

I also heard the protagonist also seems to change their personality a lot between Birthright and Conquest, so be aware of that I guess.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:58:13 04/03/2016 by Bifrost
#119 Posted: 19:24:43 04/03/2016
Quote: Windumup

Yeah, unlike Pokemon the story is branched off into 3 stories.
Hoshido has you fight for your bloodline relatives (and stop King Garon) , Nohr has you fight alongside those who you deem family by bond (And try to stop King Garon by revealing he is a monster using a special throne in Hoshido) , and the third path you fight for NEITHER so you can stop the war while not having to choose a side because you cannot choose to betray either of your families while fighting the real enemy.

I understood that, I just thought each was a matter of which route and it didn't really matter in terms of story which order or which of the 3 you play.
---
#120 Posted: 20:09:46 04/03/2016

Hoshido has you fight for your bloodline relatives (and stop King Garon) , Nohr has you fight alongside those who you deem family by bond (And try to stop King Garon by revealing he is a monster using a special throne in Hoshido) , and the third path you fight for NEITHER so you can stop the war while not having to choose a side because you cannot choose to betray either of your families while fighting the real enemy.

I understood that, I just thought each was a matter of which route and it didn't really matter in terms of story which order or which of the 3 you play.

Between Birthright and Conquest, you can tackle them in any order, but Revelations is billed as the "Last Story", essentially, and I believe it ends up with basically all of the characters from the other two games being part of your army or something like that.

Essentially, Birthright and Conquests are "what if" scenarios for if Corrin chose a specific family, but Revelations, as the name implies, is meant to reveal more significant details to the overall lore of the world and will be the canon version of the game going forward. I think it also assumes you know certain things from the other two stories.

From a gameplay standpoint, Birthright is the casual friendly game, Conquest is meant for Fire Emblem veterans, and from what I have heard, Revelations is basically a more "free" experience, in the sense that it's essentially a big playground for mixing and matching all kinds of units, since both Nohr and Hoshido characters become part of your army, meaning you basically have double the characters of the other versions.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:12:31 04/03/2016 by sonicbrawler182
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#121 Posted: 23:47:05 04/03/2016
Aren't the other two paths in Fates DLC?
#122 Posted: 00:29:47 05/03/2016
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: somePerson
Aren't the other two paths in Fates DLC?

Revelation is a full game as far as I know, but you can only download it off the eShop.
(Unless you were one of the lucky few who got the Complete Edition, which had all three storylines on one cartridge - Which they should have been in the first place)

Revelations (and the alt path from the game you purchased) are both 20$ DLC (unless you got the special edition)
---
#123 Posted: 00:55:59 05/03/2016
Revelations (and the alt path from the game you purchased) are both 20$ DLC (unless you got the special edition)

Yeah, but it's not really "DLC" if it's a full game. smilie

Well, it's downloaded content so pretty much DLC.
---
#124 Posted: 02:11:25 05/03/2016
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Between Birthright and Conquest, you can tackle them in any order, but Revelations is billed as the "Last Story", essentially, and I believe it ends up with basically all of the characters from the other two games being part of your army or something like that.

Essentially, Birthright and Conquests are "what if" scenarios for if Corrin chose a specific family, but Revelations, as the name implies, is meant to reveal more significant details to the overall lore of the world and will be the canon version of the game going forward. I think it also assumes you know certain things from the other two stories.

From a gameplay standpoint, Birthright is the casual friendly game, Conquest is meant for Fire Emblem veterans, and from what I have heard, Revelations is basically a more "free" experience, in the sense that it's essentially a big playground for mixing and matching all kinds of units, since both Nohr and Hoshido characters become part of your army, meaning you basically have double the characters of the other versions.

Alright. Thanks.

I'll stick with saving for Conquest for now. (Want that MalexMale marriage) and will get Revelations if I end up liking it enough.
---
#125 Posted: 05:10:26 05/03/2016

Yeah, but it's not really "DLC" if it's a full game. smilie

Well, it's downloaded content so pretty much DLC.

It's more of an expansion pack.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#126 Posted: 16:49:42 06/03/2016
Quote: CAV
Quote: Sleepy0429
KIRBYBROS WIN AGAIN.

People were expecting a new Bayonetta game?

It's a different side but the story changes fairly significantly depending on which you choose. Birthright is the story of what happens if you choose your birth family in Hoshido, while Conquest is if you decide to stay with your adoptive family of Nohr (these aren't spoilers, it's been a selling point).

Additionally there's some gameplay changes between the two, namely the difficulty. While each game can scale difficulty in a variety of ways, Birthright is regarded as the easier game more accepting for newcomers and those inexperienced, while Conquest is closer to the classic difficult Fire Emblem games of the past. Each kingdom also has classes or weapons exclusive to their respective selves along with aesthetic changes (Hoshido is inspired by Japanese samurai and the like, while Nohr is more European kingdoms).

Revelations is supposedly the plot for what happens if you decide to side with neither kingdom, and reveals plot points that otherwise aren't covered in either of the two stories.

If you haven't ever played FE before download and try the demo for Awakening. Awakening is, like Birthright, more accepting to newcomers and was my introduction to the series.

Actually yes and expecting her amiibo.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#127 Posted: 00:55:56 07/03/2016
OMG those posts weren't spoiling conquest, you learn all that info prior to Conquest starting.
---
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#128 Posted: 00:59:32 07/03/2016
I would like to find out for myself thx
---
My life is complete.
#129 Posted: 01:09:40 07/03/2016
I was only saying info from before the paths split, which is fair game. I didn't spoil conquest for anyone -____________-
---
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#130 Posted: 01:17:40 07/03/2016
OMG those posts weren't spoiling conquest, you learn all that info prior to Conquest starting.

what the **** no you don't.
---
words. letters. filler.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#131 Posted: 01:32:26 07/03/2016
It's still spoilers as it wasn't part of the selling point. It may only spoils the part before the split, maybe, but it's still spoilers.
#132 Posted: 16:52:31 07/03/2016
Guys there's a report option for Spoilers Without Warning on the list, if someone won't stop arguing just derails a thread. Considering the game isn't out in Europe, even minor spoilers should be tagged.
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#133 Posted: 20:23:19 07/03/2016
Please refrain from posting any sort of spoiler with a spoiler tag. People don't have the game, some don't even have access to the game yet. Please be considerate of those people.

Please report any further posts that do not have a spoiler tag.

-Paris.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#134 Posted: 02:25:02 08/03/2016
Cool Windumup gave spoilers. Thanks.
#135 Posted: 03:02:18 08/03/2016
Just gonna throw out there that some people may not want spoilers going into the game even if the spoilers are very early on. I went into the game knowing only the barebones basics of what each family stands for and absolutely nothing else, even if the marketing mentioned or heavily implied it.
#136 Posted: 03:15:22 08/03/2016
Going by the logic of knowing info before the release you should spoil the whole entire game as it was released in Japan first meaning all the information about the game is known.
#137 Posted: 03:20:26 08/03/2016
Unless of course
1. I don't speak Japanese
2. Never watched an English patch lets play
3. Only chose to watch 1 path of the English patch lets play of the Japanese version so I can't spoil everything
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#138 Posted: 03:44:40 08/03/2016
Just put them in a spoiler and don't do it again with out a spoiler warning.

Seriously.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#139 Posted: 06:10:03 09/03/2016
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Unless of course
1. I don't speak Japanese
2. Never watched an English patch lets play
3. Only chose to watch 1 path of the English patch lets play of the Japanese version so I can't spoil everything

Your 3rd argument contradicts your 2nd argument
[User Posted Image]

As in either of those cases means I can't spoil Conquest's ending
---
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#140 Posted: 17:52:17 09/03/2016
I thought we already dropped this matter.
---
words. letters. filler.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me