darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Layoff hits Activision because of weak Skylanders (and guitar hero) sales
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4
Layoff hits Activision because of weak Skylanders (and guitar hero) sales
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#151 Posted: 03:02:28 31/03/2016
Quote: angelg
I agree. TT's gimmick has been the most enjoyable (and creative) for me as well. I liked the whole idea of being able to play as "the dark side" of skylanders, which was well built imo.

SF gimmick never appealed to me tbh.

It was a good idea with trap team but they should take it a bit further. Instead of reposes a ton, take villains that worked as traps villains and make them actual figures and putting them on the portal reverses the mechanics of a level. Instead of defending a place, you attack it instead. Different missions depending on skylanders or villains. That would be a way to revitalize the franchise and play a darker side.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#152 Posted: 04:14:36 31/03/2016
"It's definitely the end of Skylanders"
> TFB and VV continue releasing awesome games every year.
---
bye
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#153 Posted: 07:01:03 31/03/2016
Quote: tigerdr
Quote: angelg
I agree. TT's gimmick has been the most enjoyable (and creative) for me as well. I liked the whole idea of being able to play as "the dark side" of skylanders, which was well built imo.

SF gimmick never appealed to me tbh.

It was a good idea with trap team but they should take it a bit further. Instead of reposes a ton, take villains that worked as traps villains and make them actual figures and putting them on the portal reverses the mechanics of a level. Instead of defending a place, you attack it instead. Different missions depending on skylanders or villains. That would be a way to revitalize the franchise and play a darker side.

That's actually a good idea, it would be cool to have those two perspectives. Don't know why but I always like when I get to know both the good and bad side of a universe (like playing as Virgil in devil may cry). Unfortunately, seeing how villains didn't make an appearance in SC I'm losing hope they will be included again, which is a pity, seeing how certain characters like luminous were one of the funniest (both in terms of personality and gameplay) to ever be included.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#154 Posted: 19:27:55 01/04/2016
Guitar Hero Live, the developer behind Guitar Hero Live, has been hit with layoffs. Activision previously stated in February that Guitar Hero Live experienced “lower than expected performance”.

http://www.eurogamer.net/artic...-to-remain-open

skylanders next?
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#155 Posted: 19:47:59 01/04/2016
Maybe this is connected to the fact that the lizard people will take over the world.

I didn't give any proof, I just feel it is, even if a game that more or less bombed having its team disbanded could only be attributed to itself and whatever poor decisions made in its development(read: try to be gimmicky and not really offer anything worthwhile which is what killed GH in the first place). See how easy it is?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:48:44 01/04/2016 by Bifrost
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#156 Posted: 20:32:32 01/04/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Guitar Hero Live, the developer behind Guitar Hero Live, has been hit with layoffs. Activision previously stated in February that Guitar Hero Live experienced “lower than expected performance”.

http://www.eurogamer.net/artic...-to-remain-open

skylanders next?

Nope smilie Superchargers sales were alright, just not as much as expected. That's not a reason to start closing TFB or VV.
---
bye
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me