Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Non-Spyro > Shelves - A Tale of Toys and Humanity (Chapter Nine is Posted)
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Shelves - A Tale of Toys and Humanity (Chapter Nine is Posted)
terrafin2299 Ripto Gems: 3418
#51 Posted: 16:26:36 09/06/2016
Oh my gosh you guys are so little. I'm going into senior year

Also realized I'm the first post on the second page. Cool
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:28:50 09/06/2016 by terrafin2299
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#52 Posted: 17:08:57 09/06/2016
Quote: terrafin2299

Well that's demeaning.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#53 Posted: 17:38:57 09/06/2016
Quote: 84skylanderdude
Quote: terrafin2299

Well that's demeaning.

I didn't mean it to be demeaning. It's pretty funny because you guys are more mature than me
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#54 Posted: 14:16:22 10/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Chapter Seven

“NO! NO! YOU CAN’T KILL ME! I’M A LEVEL NINE WARLOCK!” yells Torlock, as he is thrown in the bathtub, which is filled with vinegar. “Too bad, Gandalf. You’ll never survive this!” Bob says, trying to be dastardly. He’s really not a bad guy. One day he, much like Dan, was thrown off the shipment truck. Although he wasn’t injured, he was lost and quite confused. There were many others with him. Most of them were generic toys, army men and Barbie dolls. But he does remember a couple of them. There was a dog, and a lion. A crazy witch lady and many more oddballs. Only a few of the toys decided to journey out into the store, while Bob and these others stayed in the rooms blocked off from the public eye. Eventually, the remaining toys in the back built a fort, and then another, and so on and so forth. “We’ll build a village, one day! It’ll be tubular and everything! And I’ll make myself king!” said the lion. The cat made his promise: a city of toys was erected (heh heh heh). Though, the lion was young and arrogant, often neglecting the needs of the people. He wasn’t fit to rule people. Over time, the group of toys dwindled. Among the men and women who left, Bob was one of them. He made his way throughout the store, and met Skunk, who wasn’t necessarily evil, but just a douchebag. The two became friends, and moved to the Burrows to launch a plan to gain power. Bob doesn’t want to be a dictator, he just wants to be a better leader than that stupid lion ever was. And now, he waits for the perfect time to kill Skunk and take his power to lead the store into an era of peace. But for now, he kills and steals and swears and is a total dick. So, nobody’s really sure if Bob is a good guy or not, contrary to what I just told you a few sentences ago. (Maybe one day, you’ll see that village.) “GLOBBER! HELP ME!” yells the turtle. “No can do ol’ pal. I work for Skunk, I’m officially evil now,” Globber says. He tries to laugh evilly but he just ends up choking.

Skunk is in the entrance room of his bungalow, cutting up the pieces of the dead soldier. While he chops, he whistles the song “Bills, Bills, Bills” by Destiny’s Child. A flash of light shines through the window, from a car’s headlights. Skunk quickly cuts the final chunks up, and rapidly throws the pieces in the box. Outside, Dolores is talking to the people in the car, which are the members of the main group. “What do you think you’re doing in our territory, *****?” she says to Cupcake, thinking they are from the Wasteland. Patches gets ready to pounce but Dan holds her back. “This *****, which is me, is looking for a blue ball of down syndrome and a turtle. Now, you’re going to tell me where the hell they are, or you’re going to wish I killed you,” said Cupcake menacingly. Dolores pulls out a shotgun, and everybody else pulls out their weapons. “We just want answers, lady,” Grizzly says. Before he can finish the sentence, bursts of metal from her gun blows off his head. “I didn’t give you permission to talk, Winnie the Pooh,” Dolores says. Dan lets go off Patches, who attacks Dolores, while Cupcake holds the remaining pieces of Grizzly’s body in his arms. Although this should be a sentimental moment, since the bear and Cupcake were close friends, Cupcake tosses the body out of his window and shrugs. One of the old lady’s arms fly in the air, and then the other lands next to it. “Enough, Patches. Put her in the van. We’ll get more out of her later,” Cupcake says. “Whoa, what?! Now we’re going to torture an elderly lady?” Dan says, thinking the whole situation is getting out of hands. “She killed one of my closest acquaintances, am I supposed to bake her a pie and give her a kiss? Let me torture the damn fiend!” (Maybe he does have feelings after all.) Cupcake yelled, as Patches threw her in the van. “What the hell did you do to Dolores!?” yells Skunk, walking out of his home. Cupcake points one of his many guns at him. “Watch it, rodent. You move a muscle, and I’ll blow your damn head off,” he says menacingly. Skunk puts his hands in the air. “Whoa, hold on there, bakery boy, I haven’t done anything wrong,” Skunk lies. “Oh, so kidnapping and torturing people don’t classify as ‘wrong’ anymore?” Dan says hastily. “I take it you are the guys that Globber and Torlock live with. You know, it was their fault for being in the house. I was just looking for a car battery, and I figured you’d have one,” he says, pretending it was Globber and Torlock’s fault for being kidnapped. “If I had a battery, I sure as hell wouldn’t give it to you,” Cupcake says angrily. He doesn’t like he intruders. The four toys stare at each other in silence. “Well, aren’t you going to ask why I need a battery? I mean, as the villain here, I need the hero to ask what I’m doing, so they can destroy me. Ask away, children,” Skunk says, being a by-the-book enemy. “Fine. Why do you need a battery?” asks Patches. “I can’t tell you why, or else you’ll know my plan!” Skunk says, and runs inside.

-----------
---
A story.
#55 Posted: 14:16:36 10/06/2016 | Topic Creator
“Bob, get the turtle out of the tub. Torlock, you’re fine, it’s just vinegar. And I’m letting you free. Globber, stay put. I’m keeping you,” Skunk briefs his men and his captive. Bob pulls Torlock out, and carries him outside. “Damn, you’re strong. Never realized that,” Torlock says, as he is being cradled in the Wookie’s arms. “Yeah, every villain needs a strong man. Skunk’s been reading through a book called, ‘How to be Evil’ by Victor von Doom, that’s where he gets all the information,” Bob says, as the two walk out the door. Cupcake points a gun at Bob. “Drop the damn wizard,” he says. “I’M A WARLOCK, DAMNIT!” Torlock yells. Bob gently puts down Torlock, and slides him over to the others via his shell. “It’s like bowling, but even less interesting,” Bob said. “Where’s Globber? We’re not leaving without him,” Dan says. “Sorry about that, but he actually wants to stay. He says that he’s getting paid over minimum wage, but we aren’t paying him,” Bob says. Patches walks over to Bob, and places her spear by his head. “Go get him, or you’ll end up like the bear,” she says. Bob runs inside. “They want Globber. The cat threatened to kill me, and after seeing what they did to Dolores, I think she’ll keep her promise,” said Bob. Skunk pushes the Wookie aside and walks out the door. Bob and Globber follow suit. “Hand him over. This is getting really boring and horribly drawn out. Bad for the plot, man,” Cupcake says. Skunk pulls out a gun from…magical back pockets? I’m not really sure where he got it, but now he has it and its pointing at Dan. “Let me keep the blob, or I’ll shoot the kid,” Skunk says. Before anyone can get a word out, Skunk shoots Dan in the right shoulder, causing his arm to fall off. “ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME? I ALREADY HAD MY LEGS REMOVED? AND NOW MY ARM?! WHAT NEXT? MY DICK GET CUT OFF WITH A CIRCULAR SAW? I AM NOT THE ****ING MR. POTATO HEAD! YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO PIECE ME TOGETHER!” “Bob, get inside with Globber,” Skunk says, “I just started a war.” Bob just looks at him. “That’s a little melodramatic, isn’t it? I mean, we’re only seven chapters in and you are throwing the word ‘war’ around. How about we call it a battle, or a fight? Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.” Bob says. “Just… just get in the house.”

End

Don’t worry about Dan, he’ll be fine…maybe.
And if you wondering why Skunk shot Dan before making a deal with the group, you should know that he has an itchy trigger finger, which could cause problems down the road. Or it might never be brought up again. I might forget I told you that, so you know what? Just don’t expect in the story. Or do. I don’t care.
Ah, poor Dolores. Only the good die old, senile and wrinkly. But she isn’t dead, yet. I bet the group will forget that she’s in the back of the van, and then chapters later, they’ll wonder why there’s an armless old lady back there.
Thanks for reading! Tell your parents that I love them, as my parents will never love me and I need emotional support from adults! Bye!

-Luke
---
A story.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#56 Posted: 15:20:13 10/06/2016
I didn't realize I was the oldest guy here, I just finished my first year of college, but I guess that shows what I'm doing with my life smilie
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#57 Posted: 19:58:57 11/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Hey, I'm not trying to be pushy or standoffish, but how many people actually read this? I just would like a head count. Thanks!
---
A story.
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#58 Posted: 20:31:15 11/06/2016
I will be reading this in just over a week. I'm going on vacation for a few days and the hotel may not have wifi so don't want to get forget what's happening in the story.
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
#59 Posted: 21:58:25 11/06/2016
I'm reading
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#60 Posted: 14:58:54 12/06/2016
It's that I come into the topic to see how things go. Unfortunally, I can't pull the wants to read. I would've if I didn't had so many otther fanfics on Quotev to read. xD
#61 Posted: 15:10:47 12/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Chapter Eight

(Previously, on Shelves)

Dan has been shot in the shoulder, and now his arm has fallen off! (Cliché, amiright) Skunk and his good friend/subordinate have taken Globber under their wing! (Something tells me it won’t last) And Skunk may or may not have started – what he calls – a war! Find out what happens in the exciting eighth installment of Shelves (Low budget theme music plays. Sounds like elevator music, if you listen closely) – OH ****! I FORGOT ABOUT GRIZZLY DYING! Yeah, a character death. This early. C’mon, Luke. But don’t worry. He was a minor character. Except he was supposed to be way cooler. But that didn’t work. Oh well. To the story!

-----------

Our heroes – minus Globber – stand in the front yard of Skunk and Bob’s residence. Dan is laying the ground, Torlock is hiding in his shell, and Patches and Cupcake are standing by the truck. “Are you guys going to help me? My arm is laying on the ****ing ground,” Dan says. “We’ll get to it,” Patches murmurers. She and Cupcake are talking rather quietly, discussing their plan of action. “I mean, yeah, but…that’s not a good idea,” Patches whispers to Cupcake. “Honey, I make the best battle plans, you better follow me on this one,” Cupcake whispers back. The two chatter some more. Then they turn around and face Dan. “Attention, teammates, and Torlock,” Cupcake says, getting Dan’s attention. “It’s just me, but I take it you are finally going to let me in on your plan,” Dan says. He’s pretty damn annoyed, and rightfully so. “I’m glad all of you could attend our meeting. It’s great to see you all. I would like to announce that it is time for us to get in the truck and head home. Our ranks are not enough to fight this menace,” Cupcake says. He proceeds to climb into the driver’s seat. Torlock – whose voice is muffled because he is still hiding in his shell - says, “That’s it? We’re just leaving Globber? What the actually hell, guys?” Patches walks over to the wizarding turtle, and rips his head out of the shell. “That’s the plan. It’s the only way we walk without more casualty. Plus, Globber really isn’t important,” she says. Patches then walks to the truck. Cupcake honks the horn. “GET! IN! THE! TRUCK! COOOOME ONNNN! THE GAS IS RUNNING!” he yells. Dan gets up. While carrying his arm, he hops in the vehicle. Cupcake, who is starting to get anxious, starts a countdown (this isn’t a reference to the original story, unless you want it to be). “FIVE! FOUR! THREE….OKAY BYE!” The pastry impatiently drives off. “Whatever,” Torlock mumbles.

The car ride home is awkward. Nobody says a word. And, of course, there’s the fact that they are minus one person. Err, bear. Minus one bear. Yeah, he died. Did you read the intro? Anyway, it is pretty peaceful. Everyone has something to say, but nobody is willing to speak their thoughts. Cupcake is thinking about how great it will be to not have to watch over those two bumbling idiots. Patches is wondering whether she reconnect with her old tribe. (Keep that bit of info in your noggin.) And Dan – poor Dan – he is hoping that they can reattach his arm properly. “Hey, can you guys reattach my arm properly?” he asks, breaking the silence. Cupcake shrugs. “Probably,” Patches says. Aaaaand cue the silence. Thankfully, Cupcake pulls into the driveway. But he won’t unlock the car. “Let us out, Cupcake,” Patches says. “Nope. I didn’t really wanna do this, but that damn ****ing turtle knows magic and he will teach me, damnit!” Cupcake starts the car back up, but before he can move, Patches claws her way out of the passenger door. “I’m not dealing with this,” she says. “Have fun Cupcake. I’m going to try to glue my arm back onto my body,” Dan says, following Patches. Cupcake drives off anyway, going twice as fast, and ten times as furious. “So, you wanna glue my arm on?” Dan looks at Patches with a glimmer of hope. “Eh, I’ll get around to it.”

For the past hour, Skunk and Bob have been molding Globber into different shapes and designs. Right now, they are building a tank out of his body. “I wonder what happens if we tear off a piece. Will it hurt if we tear apart your body?” Skunk says smarmily. That smug bastard. It’s like he enjoys this. Oh wait, he does. “LET’S FIND OUT, BOSS!” Globber says happily, as he starts to bite off a piece of his flesh (?). The putty efficiently tears off a small chunk of his body. He looks at Bob, dead in the eyes, with a big smile on his face. Then comes a loud burst of torture. “AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! IT BURNS! HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP!” Globber starts to spaz out. He retracts his body out of the tank formation, and screams more. The chunk of his body that has been chewed off is flopping on the ground, like a fish out of water. It, too, starts screaming. Torlock hears the screaming and decides to run inside the house. (He’s just been waiting for Cupcake to come back this whole time. Yeah, like that will ever happen.) As he knocks down the door, he starts to yell. “EENY MEENIE MINEY MO! DISCO PISCO WIBBELTY PO! HIGGELTY LIBBLERY SMURMY WURMY…” I had to cut off his sentence because he does this for a solid three minutes. Bob and Skunk don’t even notice that Torlock has forced his way inside, because they are busy trying to detain Globber and stop his screaming. “**** THE TURTLE’S HERE TOO!” BOB YELLS. (WHY AM I STILL TYPING IN CAPS) Skunk looks a Torlock. “YOU SAY YOU KNOW MAGIC? PROVE IT!” Skunk yells. Torlock stops making up words and looks at Globber. “Globber, I command you to stop screaming,” Torlock whispers. He then continues to make hand gestures. I guess it is part of the trick. Suddenly, Globber stops screaming. “Oh, hey Torlock. You wanna join our cult?” Globber says. The piece of his flesh is still moving, but it isn’t screaming anymore.

-----------
---
A story.
#62 Posted: 15:11:46 12/06/2016 | Topic Creator
While the shenanigans at Skunk’s house ensure, Dan looks for Patches, who has been missing since they got home. Also, she promised to fix his arm. “Patches?! Here kitty! I’ve got a treat for you!” Dan says, in a pedophilic manner. “Oh ****, that sounded creepy. Uh… Patches! Don’t worry! I’m not going to sexually assault you today. Uh, I mean, I wasn’t planning on ever touching you though. Uh…we don’t have genitals so there’s nothing to touch anyway. But that doesn’t mean I’d molest you if I could,” Dan fumbles his way into not creeping Patches out. But, damn, that was super awkward. Dan walks up the stairs and into Patches chamber. Literally, it has “C-H-A-M-B-E-R” spelled on the door. He knocks. No answer. He knocks again. Again no answer. He starts to knock again, but Patches finally opens the door. “Why the hell are you so awkward? Damn, Dan,”(iel bACK AT IT AGAIN WITH DEM WHITE VANS! HEY! THAT ALSO WORKS AS A PEDO JOKE! I JUST HIGH-FIVED MYSELF IN THE MIDDLE OF WRITING THIS!) Patches says. She was moving stuff around her “chamber”. “Uh…sorry? Hey, what are you doing? It looks like you’re packing up,” Dan says, this time, little to no awkwardness. “That’s exactly what I’m doing. This place is just too… weird for my tastes. Too much crazy stuff happening. I’m leaving. For good,” Patches says, looking down. Dan exasperates, and mutters under his breath. “Well, at least glue my arm back on.”

End

Golly gee, Patches is leaving? I wonder where she’ll go. I mean, the least she could do is help Dan with his arm situation.
Does Torlock actually know magic? Or was that good timing?
All will probably not be revealed next time!
Be sure to subscribe, and maybe drop a comment!

-Luke
---
A story.
miniquiny999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#63 Posted: 15:14:02 12/06/2016
I've....

been lurking here, lol
I've been reading, even though tI think this is the first time I commented on this thread.
---
im not dead but only in theory since i never use this heckin site anymore. send me a pm if you want i'll try to get back to ya this century
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#64 Posted: 15:32:37 12/06/2016
I mean, I just read the last chapter because why not, and it's good, just so dissapointing it has little readers...
#65 Posted: 19:04:58 13/06/2016
I'm still reading. I was at a convention all weekend so I just now caught up.

Goddammit Utt, you're bringing memes into this? What, is the next chapter gonna feature Dat Boi as a prominent character?
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#66 Posted: 19:18:02 13/06/2016 | Topic Creator
The silly media trends will only get more prominent in the story, my friend. smilie
---
A story.
#67 Posted: 13:53:38 17/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Sorry for no updates recently, my week has been a little crazy. Chapter Nine should be up during the weekend.

I'll get back to my schedule next week, I won't have so much stuff to do. Thanks!
---
A story.
#68 Posted: 14:32:27 17/06/2016
Can't wait!
---
#69 Posted: 12:43:39 18/06/2016
My favourite character is the writer.
---
#70 Posted: 16:22:02 19/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Chapter Nine

(Previously, on Shelves)

Chapter One: Patches has been exiled from her home in the front of the store for being “too weak”. Just keep this in mind while reading the chapter.
Chapter Eight: Globber learns that he can detach clumps of his body! Torlock may actually be a wizard! Dan is still missing an arm! Cupcake is a firm believer of the mystic arts! Skunk and Bob had very little screen time last chapter, and they will have very little this time, because: Patches is heading home! This sets up our first Story Arc: Welcome to the Jungle. (Exciting, isn’t it? In the original story, we didn’t have story arcs. We just did stuff, had new characters, made turtle jokes and killed too many characters.) Anyway, onto what you came for.

-----------

Patches, who just confessed her intentions of going home, helps Dan glue his arm back on, because there was no reason in the story to have a one-armed Dan who constantly asks for help with him arm. “Wait, you’re leaving? But…no!” Dan says, in a somewhat condescending manner. “You’re making it sound like you actually want me to leave,” Patches says, acting like she really cares what Dan thinks. “It’s not that, it’s just that you said that you were exiled from there. How are you going to join your old group? What are you going to do? Fight your way in?” Dan says, asking three questions in a row, which is two too many. “That’s exactly what I’m going to do,” Patches says, with a smile. Being around Cupcake has given her a sort of bloodlust, because fighting is ****ing awesome. You see, this whole time that Patches has been in her chamber, she has been drawing up battle plans and preparing to literally kill a few of her ex-tribemates in order to rejoin. “If I can just kill anywhere from three to seventeen alpha-males, I will surely be given a spot. Also, I’ll look really tough, which gives me extra brownie points,” Patches says feistily. Her eyes widen as she tightens her grip on Dan’s arm. “Okay, that’s enough. How about we just go save Globber, grab Torlock, and have a nice group therapy session?” asks Dan, because he doesn’t feel like fighting now. He wants to go sit in his room and watch reruns of Oprah, because that’s a damn good talk show. “I never said you have to come with me,” Patches reminds Dan. He doesn’t say anything, probably because he is too busy thinking about his late-afternoon TV lineup. (But he doesn’t realize it’s, like, three in the morning. Yeah, I know. Didn’t realize it until I really thought about a timeline. Maybe I’ll try to clear that up. Maybe.) Dan snaps out of his Oprah-induced trance. “You’re right, I don’t have to go with you. You can clearly handle yourself out there, and we don’t need you here because we have Cupcake, who will literally shoot the **** out of anyone that walks past his house. Basically….you’re worthless!” Dan tries to make Patches feel bad about leaving. What he didn’t realize is that she left halfway through his monologue.

About six and a half minutes later

Dan finally decided to help Patches. We knew he was going to do it, but he chose rather sluggishly. I, of course, would totally pick helping out a friend over watching Oprah. “We need a weapon, Dan,” says Dan, talking to himself. Last time one of our protagonists starting talking to himself, he turned into a villain and killed half his friends. Fun times. Dan approaches Cupcake’s armory, and notices that it’s locked. “Well, ****.” This is going to be interesting. As we all know, Dan is a small and fragile child, lost in a sea of uttering despair. Also, he’s really weak. His arms are noodles, but that might be a manufacturing defect. Oh, look, Dan is trying to chew the lock off of the door. Good for you Dan, use your ingenuity. “UGH! No use. Looks like I’ll have to go out into the wild without a weapon.” Haha, O.K. Dan, do what you want. Just know that I, the narrator, am not backing you up in this. I hope you die, you WEAK, WEAK MAN-BOY! (I really wish he could hear me. It’s like I’m in a plane of existence where all I get to do is what these horrible toys fight each other. Damn, I’d rather be watching Oprah.) Dan decides to leave the house. But, since he’s feeling extra brave, he chooses to jump out the window, rather than go through the door. Aaaaand he faceplants. Great job, Dan. Luckily he can’t feel pain. Well, Globber can. And sometimes the toys yell like they’re in pain. But…no nerves. I’m just the overseer, I don’t have to understand what I watch.

“Patches! Patches!” Dan yells. It’s about four in the morning right now. He has two hours until the store opens, so he better find Patches fast, or else. (Or else what? C’mon narrator!) As Dan continues to yell, some more toys walk out from under the aisles. “Hi! I’m Jimmy, and this is my friend, George! We’re here to show the readers that the store has other toys around than just the main characters. Ok! Bye!” As those toys walk away from Dan, he hears them scream. Normally, he’d turn around and help. “Nope, not my problem, I don’t even care.” Damn. Douchebag. “Dan, really, you’re not going to help those toys?!” Patches yells from afar. Dan turns around and sees that she is the one causing the toys to scream. “Don’t hurt us! We aren’t important!” the scarred toys yell in unison. Patches shoos them off. “What the actually ****, Patches?!” Dan yells back. “It was a test. I wasn’t going to hurt them. Besides, they said it themselves, they aren’t important,” retorts Patches. She is armed to the teeth. Wearing some tribal clothing, a belt filled with blades off all sizes, an Exacto knife on her back, and her spear in her hands. Patches sighs. “Come on Dan, let’s teach you how to fight. There’s a guy at my home, he can help you out,” she says in a calmer manner. Dan subtly agrees, because Patches is not in the mood to be arguing. “Let’s go.”

It’s five in the morning, now. The warrior and the weakling have made their way to Patches’ old home. It’s a jungle like setup under the cash registers. There are tiny trees made with paper towel rolls and one dollar bills. Small huts are scattered throughout. “WEAKLING!” a booming voice yells. Suddenly, five or six cat-men are surrounding Patches and Dan. Then, an older looking cat walks up to them. “Patches, it’s about damn time you came back,” says the old gentleman. He gives Patches a hug. She makes a creeped-out face, and really doesn’t understand what’s going on. “Elder, what’s going on? You guys kicked me out like two weeks ago, and now you are loving on me,” Patches says. She detaches herself from the elder and readies her spear. “It was a test, darling. Only the strong come back alive. But your street cred is being dampened by that white boy.”

End

I tried something new. I really liked only focusing on two characters instead of six. It’s pretty fun to do, so expect more of this to happen.
I also liked giving our narrator some time to express himself. He’s technically a character, and I kind of left him back at chapter one. What I’m really trying to focus on is to have less dialogue, and more description and whatnot. It’s a smoother read, in my opinion.
I hope you guys enjoyed it! I’m going to have some fun with this tribe of Patches’. Thanks for reading, recommending this to others on the site would be cool (but it’s really hard), and be sure to subscribe. Bye.
-Luke
---
A story.
#71 Posted: 18:36:31 19/06/2016
I think the narrator should become a villain.
---
#72 Posted: 00:31:17 20/06/2016
^ seconded
---
#73 Posted: 02:32:18 20/06/2016 | Topic Creator
^^ thirded
---
A story.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:38:10 21/06/2016 by uttster13
#74 Posted: 03:13:20 20/06/2016
Plot twist: The narrator is Dune Bug and this story is made by him after the events of the original Shelves.
---
#75 Posted: 13:52:50 20/06/2016 | Topic Creator
N-n-no...?
---
A story.
#76 Posted: 15:14:13 21/06/2016
Or dune bug was dead the entire time
#77 Posted: 16:12:16 21/06/2016 | Topic Creator
After I’ve done some thinking, I may decide to discontinue Shelves. There’s a lot of time that goes into the story, and, to me, it feels like I just don’t get enough out of writing it.

I’m 50/50 on the decision, so it’s anyone’s guess with what I end up doing. I’ll let you guys know when I get the verdict. Thanks.
---
A story.
#78 Posted: 16:12:44 21/06/2016 | Topic Creator
After I’ve done some thinking, I may decide to discontinue Shelves. There’s a lot of time that goes into the story, and, to me, it feels like I just don’t get enough out of writing it.

I’m 50/50 on the decision, so it’s anyone’s guess with what I end up doing. I’ll let you guys know when I get the verdict. Thanks.
---
A story.
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#79 Posted: 16:36:34 21/06/2016
I just got caught up on reading the new version of Shelves. I love it- however if you don't ENJOY writing it then by all means, stop. Perhaps try writing a different story? Something with all new twists and turns that YOU like to write. Even though it's pretty different this is Shelves-a story that you told before. You may not enjoy writing it because you're not truly creating a brand new story as much as refurbishing an older story. I hope this helps.

-Medicus
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
#80 Posted: 17:24:55 21/06/2016
I don't blame you for being discouraged. The fanfiction section of this site is pretty dead. But as Medicus said, only write it if you actually enjoy doing it.

And while we all enjoy the story here, I think we all enjoy your company more. If you do intend to stop, how can we reach you after that?
---
#81 Posted: 17:35:37 21/06/2016 | Topic Creator
I have decided to continue the story. However, along with posting here, I am trying something new by posting on Quotev. There’s a chance that I can garner some new readers over there, which would be great. Here is the link, so check it out, if you want to. Still learning how to operate the site, hopefully I’ll master it soon.

@84 and Medicus, I love to write this story. I think the only thing that was holding me back is that I don’t have a good number of readers. That’s where Quotev comes in. Thanks, guys. smilie
---
A story.
#82 Posted: 21:15:19 21/06/2016
Well, be sure to let us know when there's a new one! I know I sure won't remember to check there regularly.
---
#83 Posted: 23:59:09 21/06/2016
I love reading it, and I'm always looking forward to what happens next.
---
#84 Posted: 20:07:15 27/06/2016 | Topic Creator
It's safe to say that I am done with Shelves. After realizes and thinking about how I am just writing the same story, I kind of lost my will to write for this story.

But, I have fun and crazy ideas that I would love to share with the Internet sometime soon. I'll see you guys in a little bit to show off what I come up with.
---
A story.
#85 Posted: 21:11:18 27/06/2016
Will you still be around here? You don't have to be writing a story or interested in Skylanders to be on this site.

If you won't still be here, how can we contact you?
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me