Quote: mega spyro
Quote: ZapNorris
Got the power blue gold rusher.

At which store?

Walmart.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#252 Posted: 18:04:06 13/02/2016
Quote: GameMaster78
No, because if the stores ordering was an issue, and Activision cared, guess what they'd do, they'd tell the stores drying up on Skylanders why they should continue to support their product and alert them that new product is waiting to be ordered.

I swear, every time you post, I have to remind myself that you're a grown adult.

It's like you don't understand how retail works. What you've typed here is pretty accurate - Activision has to make the case to retail buyers *why* the retailers should stock Activision products. You got that correct.

But it's not as if Activision just walks into a room, shows off shiny new toys, and the retail buyers flip a switch and rain down cash upon Activision for the new toys. There's profit margins, shipping schedules, resets, inventories, etc., etc. (which all gets rolled up to the generic term of Logistics...)

Activision can make the best case in the world as to why Walmart, Best Buy and Target should order the new Eon's Elite characters, but if the stores aren't buying, the stores aren't buying. The lack of this merchandise at retail isn't because Activision is sitting on a warehouse full of Eon's Elite figures, laughing at the poor little kids who can't buy them at Target (even though my local TRU has a metric butt ton of them). Activision would gladly ship 'em out to any retailer willing to pay for them.

Quote:
At any given time they can make sure the sections they're paying for are amply stocked.

And then there's this. You seriously have no idea of how retail works.

It's so very, very rare that Manufacturer will tell a retailer "Hey, we'll give you $1,000 per store for our own dedicated 4" section in the store!" Because that doesn't make sense.

What happens is the Manufacturer will say "We'll sell you 1,000 widgets for $10/unit. If you buy 2,000 widgets, we'll go to $9.75/unit. If you buy 2,000 widgets, give us a quarter-page spread in your Easter Weekend sales ad, we'll go to $9.50/unit. Now, buy 2,000 widgets, give us half-page Easter Weekend spread and give us your front-of-store power feature for four weeks, set up this interactive display, let our rep come in and do a Retailtainment event, we'll go down to $8.50/unit.

But here's the problem. If the retailer isn't ordering the 1,000 units to begin with, giving them a discount in exchange for feature shelf space doesn't work.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#253 Posted: 19:00:28 13/02/2016
So tell me, how does the issue get fixed? Infinity and Dimensions doesn't seem to have a problem with their product on the store shelves, yet Skylanders does. So tell me where it's all going wrong. Both are to blame right? Retail and Acti? So what needs to be done for both to pull their collective heads out of their *****, or do both retail and Acti not care?

Rather, let me ask this. Should this be an issue? First out of the gate and flubs things up more than the competition, one of which hasn't been on the market a year, yet manages to get it right.

So where does this all end, or does Acti just allow their franchise to sink, because stores aren't ordering product?
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#254 Posted: 19:43:41 13/02/2016
Part of the problem comes from the fact skylanders still ship out as an assortment.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#255 Posted: 20:15:42 13/02/2016
Got all four Power Blues at my Walmart in Las Vegas. And as I was checking out, someone buying the rest of them out came into the checkout lane behind me. Glad I got there when I did! I have the racing pack on preorder from Amazon, so all I need is Thrillipede and the Buzz Wing.
---
Dead
#256 Posted: 20:19:39 13/02/2016
words words words

GM, put your personal feelings about the brand aside and look at this with an open mind.

There are a lot of things Activision could do differently. There are a lot of thing they could do better. There are things they could do worse.

There is no simple magic answer though - if there were, I'd venture to guess Activision has about three dozen folks on payroll that would already know it without needing you or me to give it to them. Not only that, I'm sure virtually every company in America and beyond would be using that same formula.

Skylanders sales are down - that's a given. Is it because of less retailer stocking? Is it because of a lackluster game? Is it because of vehicles? Is it because of a lack of communication on product shipments? Is it because of the vast number of variants? Is it because we're into the fifth year of franchise and folks are just tired? Is it because folks got way too burnt out on Trap Team? Is it because of all the competition? The lack of recognizable characters spanning a history of 50+ years of entertainment?

There's a dozen and one things going against Activision with the Skylanders brand. Eventually, it'll end. All good things do.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#257 Posted: 20:30:26 13/02/2016
Got all four Power Blues at my Walmart in Las Vegas. And as I was checking out, someone buying the rest of them out came into the checkout lane behind me. Glad I got there when I did! I have the racing pack on preorder from Amazon, so all I need is Thrillipede and the Buzz Wing.

Could you show some pictures of them out of the box (more precisely, Splat).
#258 Posted: 22:10:57 13/02/2016
Quote: Deja Vu

Actually, I haven't taken her out of the box yet. I'm waiting to get a second one, so I can have one in box and out.
---
Dead
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#259 Posted: 22:16:30 13/02/2016

Would you please show pictures of the bar codes so I can check my Walmarts and see if they have them in stock? If not if you typed out the skus from each one that would work also the whole set of numbers from left to right under the bar code. Thanks
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#260 Posted: 22:28:41 13/02/2016
Quote: Deja Vu

Actually, I haven't taken her out of the box yet. I'm waiting to get a second one, so I can have one in box and out.

The smell! I gots to know if she smells of Bubblegum or not. smilie I cannot smell anything though my normal Splat pack though.
---
Stay Cool!
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#261 Posted: 02:25:12 14/02/2016
Won't do anyone any good trying to use the UPC's to see if any given Walmart has them. I used the UPC's for all but Trigg and gave them to a Walmart employee over the phone. Tried all 12 numbers and just the 10 inside the barcode (which is usually how they show up) and kept getting told they're not in the system.

Stupid Activision and their crappy method of releasing figures. Too much hassle trying to buy their figures. No wonder they have to use the excuse the competition is why their sales are slouching. Can't even call and give numbers and have any sort of convienance with this brand.

Anyhow numbers won't work if you call. So unless you live on the west coast, forget finding them for who knows how long. Us customers are never told when to expect new product.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
yrocgames Gold Sparx Gems: 2714
#262 Posted: 02:35:10 14/02/2016
Some PB Gold Rusher Gameplay for ya.
---
Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC0_L3dsR6hprEa93PItzjw
#263 Posted: 03:07:04 14/02/2016
Won't do anyone any good trying to use the UPC's to see if any given Walmart has them. I used the UPC's for all but Trigg and gave them to a Walmart employee over the phone. Tried all 12 numbers and just the 10 inside the barcode (which is usually how they show up) and kept getting told they're not in the system.

Stupid Activision and their crappy method of releasing figures. Too much hassle trying to buy their figures. No wonder they have to use the excuse the competition is why their sales are slouching. Can't even call and give numbers and have any sort of convienance with this brand.

Anyhow numbers won't work if you call. So unless you live on the west coast, forget finding them for who knows how long. Us customers are never told when to expect new product.

Yeah, stupid Activision! How dare you let Walmart continue to use an inventory management system from the 80s that's so horribly put together (seriously, ask me about Green Hand Towels or the $70k worth of Lightsaber markdowns sometime...).

For what it's worth, the UPCs for the Power Blues have been in the Walmart system for at least three weeks now. There's a slew of reasons they might not be showing up for your story. None of those reasons are Activision's fault.

But yes, the world is coming to an end because, once again, GM doesn't get new Skylanders first. For everyone else, give it about two weeks and they'll be everywhere.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:42:09 14/02/2016 by UncleBob
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#264 Posted: 04:43:46 14/02/2016
Because Activision should just bend over back and heel for you.

I agree. Acti did a terrible job with marketing this time around. But UncleBob is right, there probably are other reasons as to why they aren't on shelves other than just Activision has epileptic gibbons for employees.

But even if it is 100% Acti's fault, I don't see how that justifies this feeling of entitlement you have.
You can call yourself a Super Fan all you want. That doesn't mean they automatically owe you something just because.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#265 Posted: 04:48:24 14/02/2016
Actually GM, you really need to calm down. Recognizing market decisions/retail realities are the root cause and not some nefarious scheme to keep GM from filling up his Skylanders shrine is not "kissing their butt". In two weeks you will have them and all will be well with the world again. It's been literally two days since they were first found, it is a tad early to start freaking out about not being able to find them and whining about the "oh so great distribution". I don't like their release planning either, but come on - you do this every time you aren't the first to find something.

And just so you know, that employee over the phone probably looked up the first then just told you "not found" for the rest. That's what I would do if I worked there and some embarrassing man-child called me hassling me over some toys. I'd bet looking up a dozen UPCs over the phone isn't real high on his priority list.
Spybomb Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#266 Posted: 04:55:13 14/02/2016
Quote: defpally
Actually GM, you really need to calm down. Recognizing market decisions/retail realities are the root cause and not some nefarious scheme to keep GM from filling up his Skylanders shrine is not "kissing their butt". In two weeks you will have them and all will be well with the world again. It's been literally two days since they were first found, it is a tad early to start freaking out about not being able to find them and whining about the "oh so great distribution". I don't like their release planning either, but come on - you do this every time you aren't the first to find something.

And just so you know, that employee over the phone probably looked up the first then just told you "not found" for the rest. That's what I would do if I worked there and some embarrassing man-child called me hassling me over some toys. I'd bet looking up a dozen UPCs over the phone isn't real high on his priority list.

smilie^ this exactly no need to retype what I was thinking. GameMaster78 needs to chillax.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#267 Posted: 15:23:17 14/02/2016 | Topic Creator
on this episode of the real housewives of darkspyro
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#268 Posted: 16:00:59 14/02/2016
Wow. UncleBob using logic and rational explanations in a non-trollish manner, and making more actual sense than GameMaster.

Times have changed!
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#269 Posted: 16:06:26 14/02/2016
People grow up, or get more immature, or get entitled over nothing,or learn some things aren't as big of a deal as you used to think.

On topic, is the artwork really as shiny and eyeburning as the one in the video? It looked MUCH more muted from the package,ow.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:06:46 14/02/2016 by Bifrost
#270 Posted: 16:13:38 14/02/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: BahamutBreaker
Wow. UncleBob using logic and rational explanations in a non-trollish manner, and making more actual sense than GameMaster.

Times have changed!

oh hey, you're back! I missed your humor.

EDIT: oh damn gamemaster got suspended. ouch.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:40:23 14/02/2016 by ZapNorris
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#271 Posted: 17:01:15 14/02/2016
Just for reference, when Walmart gets stuff in like this, it usually takes a good week or two for it to sweep across the US from west to east. Don't get oo impatient, they are obviously being shipped on their normal trucks and not UPS, that takes time. The good news is we have TRU as a backstop, we know they will likely have them by 3/1.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#272 Posted: 17:09:21 14/02/2016
Also, since it's around the same time,would Battlecast packs count for this next Wave? They're kinda merch but they're still part of the Superchargers run so to say,don't they?

That gnorc was probably to prevent something worse, because things were getting heated.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:09:56 14/02/2016 by Bifrost
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#273 Posted: 17:13:56 14/02/2016
I'm going shopping today and I was wondering if any Portal Masters in Ohio found them at their Walmarts.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#274 Posted: 17:22:53 14/02/2016
Honestly... I kind of like the Power Blue Gold Rusher. I may just save my money on the Land Racing Pack and just get PBDD Trigs and his vehicle instead.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#275 Posted: 17:31:01 14/02/2016
Quote: BahamutBreaker

Times have changed!

Life ebb and flows. We've all been less than exemplary at times. I understand GM's frustration, but logic is the answer here.

I'm glad they are "racing" to the finish line on this game. I'm completely bummed that I've really not played the game since November...hope the land racing pack will net me at least a couple more hours of fun before we close this chapter out.
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#276 Posted: 18:36:52 14/02/2016
Has anyone noticed that Power Blue Trigger Happy is named like a normal Skylander instead of a SuperCharger?

Dark Spyro (mega ram)
Dark Stealth Elf (ninja)
Springtime Trigger Happy (big bang)
Volcanic Eruptor (lava barf)
Love Potion Pop Fizz (fizzy frenzy)

Bithday Bash Big Bubble Pop Fizz
Dark Super Shot Stealth Elf
Legendary Bone Bash Roller Brawl
Legendary Hurricane Jet-Vac

Power Blue Trigger Happy (double dare)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:27:50 14/02/2016 by 4inCreation
#277 Posted: 22:23:07 14/02/2016

EDIT: oh damn gamemaster got suspended. ouch.

For the record, I am not a paid Activision employee, but I'd love to work for some employee-exclusive Skylanders. :D :D :D
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:04:10 15/02/2016 by TTD
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#278 Posted: 05:55:36 15/02/2016
Picked up PB Splat at Wal-Mart in Colorado Springs. No sign of Trigg's or his vehicle, but Splat's vehicle was there.. I'd love to get the PB Triggs, but this time around I'm trying to stay strictly to 1 of each character only, so it's the racing pack for me. This hobby only gets more expensive per game, and I just can't afford to try to get every variant and such anymore.
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
lordexodus Gold Sparx Gems: 2508
#279 Posted: 06:30:33 15/02/2016
Got the power blue gold rusher.

At which store?

Walmart.

City & State please?
---
Need accurate & evident release info on Skylanders Imaginators...
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#280 Posted: 13:45:35 15/02/2016
Quote: lordexodus

At which store?

Walmart.

City & State please?

He's in California. I know that.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#281 Posted: 14:31:50 15/02/2016
Went to a local Walmart in Phoenix, AZ ("Norterra") last night and they had all four Power Blues! Nice! I was not expecting to find anything to be honest. It was a pleasant surprise.

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
#282 Posted: 14:52:55 15/02/2016 | Topic Creator

At which store?

Walmart.

City & State please?

San Diego, California
LittlePunk Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#283 Posted: 16:20:09 15/02/2016
Yo, mega spyro. live in Vegas too. Which Wal-Mart did you go when you found the power blues?
---
smilie This fire is outta control!
smilie Let there be rock!!!
#284 Posted: 16:37:01 15/02/2016
Quote: LittlePunk
Yo, mega spyro. live in Vegas too. Which Wal-Mart did you go when you found the power blues?

6464 North Decatur Boulevard.

They had a whole case there when I got there, but that scalper might have cleaned them out.
---
Dead
lordexodus Gold Sparx Gems: 2508
#285 Posted: 17:55:20 15/02/2016

Walmart.

City & State please?

San Diego, California

Address or Cross-Streets?
---
Need accurate & evident release info on Skylanders Imaginators...
#286 Posted: 18:43:26 15/02/2016
Jeez that's a bit far.... I live all the way down by blue diamond
---
#287 Posted: 18:46:28 15/02/2016 | Topic Creator

City & State please?

San Diego, California

Address or Cross-Streets?

1360 Eastlake Pkwy, Chula Vista, CA 91915

hope that's specific enough.
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#288 Posted: 19:06:17 15/02/2016
LOL when's dinner?
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
DobermanOwner Yellow Sparx Gems: 1013
#289 Posted: 19:37:36 15/02/2016
Can someone post the UPC numbers for blue Trigger Happy/ Gold Rusher please? I'm headed to my walmarts to hunt for them and since all 4 still have wave 1 out, I'm sure they'll have to go hunt for their boxes.
---
Collection total: 317/364 figures, 28/31 vehicles, 51/66 traps, 34/35 magic items & bonus levels (not counting Skymiibos)
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#290 Posted: 19:42:17 15/02/2016
The Easter ones are available already on target.com for pick-up in the store or ship home.
---
Any last wishes?
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#291 Posted: 20:20:14 15/02/2016
So I'm going to dinner with my family and am going to tru after the website says its in stock so here's hoping
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#292 Posted: 20:30:35 15/02/2016
Quote: LittlePunk
Jeez that's a bit far.... I live all the way down by blue diamond

Someone I know went down to that Walmart today, and when they checked, all the power blues were sold out. Looks like that scalper I was talking about got them.
---
Dead
#293 Posted: 21:53:54 15/02/2016
Wow.... I can't be mad 1 cause I'm not much of a fan of the power blues (I only wanted PB Trigg) and 2 the money goes to a good cause
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:56:11 15/02/2016 by LittlePunk
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#294 Posted: 01:21:21 16/02/2016
These are downright ugly figures. Most of the alt decos feel like a slap in the face of consumers.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#295 Posted: 01:29:40 16/02/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
These are downright ugly figures. Most of the alt decos feel like a slap in the face of consumers.

In for all four then? LOL Yeah, I don't think I like them all that much either, but Splat is Splat no matter what the colour is and I'm in for one. But that's it for SC for me. We need some Sky 6 hype ASAP.
---
Stay Cool!
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#296 Posted: 02:16:04 16/02/2016
Found the Easter Thrillipede variant at TRU in Cerritos, California. They just put them out due to a mistake on the label, so I was able to get one. No Power Blue variants.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#297 Posted: 02:29:19 16/02/2016
Yeah, not a fan of the variants this year
---
DobermanOwner Yellow Sparx Gems: 1013
#298 Posted: 02:36:32 16/02/2016
[User Posted Image]

Found these two at Walmart today. No sign of the power blues though.
---
Collection total: 317/364 figures, 28/31 vehicles, 51/66 traps, 34/35 magic items & bonus levels (not counting Skymiibos)
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#299 Posted: 03:26:11 16/02/2016
Quote: Bifrost
On topic, is the artwork really as shiny and eyeburning as the one in the video? It looked MUCH more muted from the package,ow.

Nah it is a photoshop edit since we don't have the artwork yet.
---
bye
First | Previous | Page 6 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me