First | Previous | Page 10 of 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Power Blue & Easter Variants
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#451 Posted: 17:32:15 28/03/2016
The Mary Sue likes to be a few weeks late to everything but still mad about it. I wouldn't dare to give them views for a lot of reasons and this is one of them.

I remember when they more or less got "incentive" to make a lot of articles about Neopets now it's under Jumpstart and they failed horribly since there was so much attempt on painting it as a "girl friendly game" yet they couldn't get half right on facts.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:33:26 28/03/2016 by Bifrost
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#452 Posted: 18:36:24 28/03/2016
Eh, just another day on the internet for me.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#453 Posted: 22:18:28 28/03/2016
Ok let me ask a question..Why people are so against Autism Speaks?
#454 Posted: 22:35:37 28/03/2016
Quote: KeybasHedKey

They treat autism like a horrible disease and subtlety-but-not-really imply that things would be better if your autistic child/brother/relative died because there's a "real" angel inside it wanting to be free. Their higher ups are also apparently anti-vaccine, and the money goes more to them than actual charities I think, might be paraphrasing wrong, and you bet they aren't autistic themselves.

Activision blindly made collaborations with this and Make A Wish, which is pretty much the polar opposite and awesome, so it's out of ignorance rather than actually wanting to help a bad organization.
---
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#455 Posted: 22:38:28 28/03/2016
Quote: Bifrost

They treat autism like a horrible disease and subtlety-but-not-really imply that things would be better if your autistic child/brother/relative died because there's a "real" angel inside it wanting to be free. Their higher ups are also apparently anti-vaccine, and the money goes more to them than actual charities I think, might be paraphrasing wrong, and you bet they aren't autistic themselves.

Activision blindly made collaborations with this and Make A Wish, which is pretty much the polar opposite and awesome, so it's out of ignorance rather than actually wanting to help a bad organization.

Well that explains everything.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#456 Posted: 00:27:53 29/03/2016
Another opinion on the Internet...who would've thought...
OimakKamio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1643
#457 Posted: 15:41:01 29/03/2016
I don't blame Skylanders for Autism Speaks. But here is the thing, it was for a good cause maybe bad company to collaborate with but for a good cause none the less. People always have to have a reason to complain, for every good thing you do to make 10 people happy you'll have 1 or 2 upset cause it didn't effect them in the way they wanted. I purchased these, hopefully my $$$ goes to a good cause.
---
Lioned33 PS4
LORD OIMAK XBOX
#458 Posted: 16:12:44 29/03/2016
That's the thing though, iirc most of it doesn't, it goes to trying to treat the "disease" and related, and supporting autistic people might not even be priority with that philosophy. Really wish I had sources handy because I just avoid this nowadays, especially now since some have taken to insulting the fans for things they're not involved with.
At least the Make-a-Wish auctions seemed to be sucessful, and actually fit the game's theme by having car-related celebrities' customs.
---
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#459 Posted: 16:29:32 29/03/2016
Quote: Bifrost

Well that explains everything.

They re-canted the anti-vaccine thing but they are largely the ones (with that one famous lady) that spread the horrible idea around.

And yes none of the people who run Autism Speaks are autistic. However they do have representatives and ambassadors.

MOSTLY people hate them because they view autism as something to be cured or eradicated.

Here's a note on the whole thing:

Activision said they were partnering with Autism Speaks and because the "Light it Up Blue" for Autism awareness day was started by Autism Speaks. (It was started in 2010).

The proceeds from the toys will be given no to Autism speaks but to the charity walks, and a variety of many Autism charities this coming Autism Awareness Day (2nd of April).

Most likely because alot of the events were made by Autism speaks, Activistion partnered with them due to licensing and stuff.
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#460 Posted: 21:09:35 29/03/2016
I just wish they would have selected another more worthy charity. There are many very worthy autism charitable organizations that would put the money to much better use. In general, these huge national charities spend way more money on executives, admin expenses and marketing than they should. Wounded Warrior Project is one that has been in the news lately for misuse of money. In our area United Way went through it a while back with a lavish pay, retirement and expense account for the head of the local chapter. It's just sort of frustrating when a charitable organization is putting seven figure compensation in the hands of their executives - think of how many people have to donate before the first dollar goes to a good cause.
#461 Posted: 21:17:16 29/03/2016
Well,people do corrupt things blatantly as it gets easier. But a problem is also ignorance - unless they straight up go out of their way to destroy their reputation like PETA, most people won't even think that a charitable organization could have crazy beliefs or be corrupt - it's hard to keep in mind that just about anywhere there are good people and bad apples that spoil everything, there is no such thing as an untainted section if you give them enough time.
---
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#462 Posted: 19:32:08 03/04/2016
the color of light in blue could have been better if they have more complex shade of bly, cyan white and silver
---
THE END IS NEAR
First | Previous | Page 10 of 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me