darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Crystal Traps are so Hard to Find in the Wild Now.
Page 1 of 1
Crystal Traps are so Hard to Find in the Wild Now.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#1 Posted: 19:13:12 04/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Has anyone else noticed that other than water traps, that it's impossible to find any of the other crystal traps locally? Well, I know it's because everyone has moved onto the new game and all that, but I was thinking that this really sucks for those who got a free TT set with the purchase of a SC set from Gamestop recently.

Then again, half of the TT characters are impossible to get in store or online for a fair price. Yet the crystals are a little on the essential side where you really do need one of each element as playing as the villains is the entire selling point (if not the point entirely) of the game.

For some reason, I really expected the crystals to be so abundant to the point that they would be available for years to come. Much like a Lightcore Hex at any TRU. I'm guessing that Activision either has an entire factory somewhere of these waiting to be sold off (the yawn traps), or they dropped production a few months in with Trap Team on just about everything once the sales data came in. The latter is probably it as they learned from making way too many SSA and Giants figures as those still shows up at TRUs and lessor liquidators today.

Either way, it's making me wish I kept on the ball and bought spare element traps as it's so pesty swapping them in and out at the jail, I rather have one for each villain even if it would have cost me a small fortune to do so. They are even quite useful in SC for those power shots, as they take down bosses rather well, but you may need up to a dozen traps for some of them on nightmare mode.
---
Stay Cool!
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#2 Posted: 19:16:32 04/01/2016
Absolutely. Which I find interesting since I assume Activision still wants to peddle their wares for Trap Team. Stores still have the starters and figures...going to be tough without having some trap stock on hand.

Amazon has some stock and I'd suggest to start there or eBay. Second hand may be best, but I'd abandon anything but one for each element at this point.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:17:42 04/01/2016 by TakeYourLemons
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#3 Posted: 20:07:53 04/01/2016
Last we heard from a video game store owner on these forums (BP was his name I believe), stores can order traps, but only wave 2 ones were being sent out. Stores don't care to stock traps at this point. They've moved on after pitiful sales and deep discounts on the water traps. If there is a warehouse full of them somewhere, you'd like to think Activision would sell them to Five Below or Dollar Tree, but their business decisions have never made sense. Since stores don't want to order traps, making a partnership with Amazon or some other online retailer to exclusively distribute traps would be in their best interests, but they'd rather sit on whatever inventory they have. With stock stuck in a warehouse, it's a lose-lose situation for Activision and customers alike.
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#4 Posted: 00:16:19 05/01/2016
yea ive noticed that too, no traps any where. and im dreading the hunt for all the core figures for trap team, i go into TRU and so like no selection for TT. but on another note i went to fry's the other day and they had 3 "clear" water traps lol.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#5 Posted: 21:08:17 05/01/2016
i havent seen any light or dark traps since the release of them... they are totally gone from all shops here where i live.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#6 Posted: 23:57:55 05/01/2016
Same...
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#7 Posted: 01:29:01 06/01/2016
They should have a day where they restock all the Light and Dark Traps, as well as the Yawns.

I need the Light Rocker still and I wanted an extra Dark Handstand (and Light Yawn but the Yawns were never released) to make a custom.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#8 Posted: 05:10:21 06/01/2016
Activision is run by a bunch of senseless clowns. They could make money off of re-releasing the light and dark expansion packs alongside some later wave traps including light/dark/yawn traps and Spotlight/Blackout figures, but they're content with peddling overpriced Superchargers stuff which won't move off the shelves without 50% off sales. They really have no clue what people want.
Archie Gold Sparx Gems: 2476
#9 Posted: 22:24:17 06/01/2016
I only need the 3 yawn traps. Still no sign in the UK. Keeping an eye on ebay but not gonna pay over the top for them. Found a used extra light owl in game and got a 2nd dark handstand on ebay. I still look in stores from time to time. A few water traps still about and in Tesco they seem to still be getting Tech and Earth villan traps in.
---
SSA 37/37 SG 62/62 SSF 75/75 STT 72/72 Traps 57/60(+1 xtra light/dark) SSC 0!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:25:34 06/01/2016 by Archie
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#10 Posted: 02:02:41 07/01/2016
I to need the last 3 Yawn Traps...and an extra Dark & Light Trap...but they arn't a must like the Yawn Traps are. Like i have said many times before....there Logistics Department is horrid. The entire team needs to be fired.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#11 Posted: 02:17:36 10/01/2016
Acti needs to just have 5 below and dollar general sell the traps. All I need is the 3 Yawn traps and I would never pay more than $20.00 each for them. Acti if you read this I will buy one of each Yawn traps from you in the package brand new for $20.00 times 3 for $60.00 dollars plus $10.00 priority shipping what do you say? Lets make a deal total of $70.00. That's right 1 Yawn Fire trap one Yawn Life trap and one Yawn Light trap. One other thing I only need 7 Super Charger items left for me then I will have everything up to this point from Spyros Adventure and Giants and Swap Force and Trap team along with Super Chargers. I have lost count on how many figures I have now but well over 300 plus figures including The traps, treasures and Area locations and all minis from frito lays to present. Plus 10 Eons Elites and All Lightcores and 13 Chase Variants and all store exclusives. This ride has been Non Stop I love it! I wish I had all rare chases but that most likely won't happen. Glad for the ones I have now.
Good luck on finding traps All......

Update Acti sent me the 3 yawn traps after I called to ask why they never came out here in the US. I want to thank them for sending them to me! Activision you guy's just ROCK! Thanks...........
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:31:09 20/03/2016 by trixster68
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#12 Posted: 03:43:19 16/01/2016
I still see some Traps from Wave 2 and 3 at EB Games in Canada, new for a lower price than they used to be.
---
bye
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#13 Posted: 04:58:11 16/01/2016
TRU recently stocked some traps with their Trap Masters this week. Probably too late for this thread, but you might find one you want.
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#14 Posted: 00:48:20 17/01/2016
I wonder how many of those overpriced traps and TT characters people actually sell on eBay and other online stores? Would many people pay huge overs or do these characters just stay online never selling, never moving?
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#15 Posted: 23:34:36 22/01/2016
Quote: trixster68
Acti needs to just have 5 below and dollar general sell the traps. All I need is the 3 Yawn traps and I would never pay more than $20.00 each for them. Acti if you read this I will buy one of each Yawn traps from you in the package brand new for $20.00 times 3 for $60.00 dollars plus $10.00 priority shipping what do you say? Lets make a deal total of $70.00. That's right 1 Yawn Fire trap one Yawn Life trap and one Yawn Light trap. One other thing I only need 7 Super Charger items left for me then I will have everything up to this point from Spyros Adventure and Giants and Swap Force and Trap team along with Super Chargers. I have lost count on how many figures I have now but well over 300 plus figures including The traps, treasures and Area locations and all minis from frito lays to present. Plus 10 Eons Elites and All Lightcores and 13 Chase Variants and all store exclusives. This ride has been Non Stop I love it! I wish I had all rare chases but that most likely won't happen. Glad for the ones I have now.
Good luck on finding traps All......

this is my opinion as well, i'm sure Acti has A LOT of unsold stock of the traps especially the water traps which I assume you couldn't give away for free, they really expected too many water traps to sell.
I'd say a big problem you have now is the traps will pretty much be worthless superchargers and onward.
Best Option is to put them in Dollar Stores or 5 below. Or put a complete collection package out there.
I already have all the ones I wanted including the yawn traps so I'm good on them. Doesn't change that I feel bad for those who really are missing out on the traps they wanted.... also how the light yawn trap is going for a few hundred dollars.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#16 Posted: 07:43:37 30/01/2016
Quote: kaosmumishot
I wonder how many of those overpriced traps and TT characters people actually sell on eBay and other online stores? Would many people pay huge overs or do these characters just stay online never selling, never moving?

The light and dark traps, at the very least, are selling for quite a lot. I really hope Activision starts unloading some old warehouses soon so supply can meet demand.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#17 Posted: 12:47:33 30/01/2016
It kinda makes sense . Even a skylander core is a bit pricey for your average parent . Traps that hold villains is a way cheaper option.
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Plaag Emerald Sparx Gems: 4339
#18 Posted: 14:36:49 25/08/2016
The Target in my area has finally put the traps on clearance, the last holdover for Trap Team.

ShaneG.
Tvk Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#19 Posted: 14:48:09 25/08/2016
Bought many on ebay.
For some I payed up to€25. The dark/light ones and the 3 funpack traps
The yawns are out of reach.
I live in the Netherlands, most shops don't have traps anymore
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#20 Posted: 14:52:01 25/08/2016
Everything trap team related including traps has been removed and sent back to South Africa .

I probably regret not getting more traps .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
BoneGrunt Green Sparx Gems: 447
#21 Posted: 14:48:57 28/08/2016
Yeah, wish we had bought some more traps as well. We have enough for just over half of the villains at present.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me