First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
The next skylanders game
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#101 Posted: 23:06:24 11/01/2016
The game being adjusted to suit eons elite wouldn't really be any different though, the game would feel exactly the same unless you were playing as a regular charscter.

You may aswell just create an Elite difficulty mode where regular charscters die in 1 hit.

Which I actually wouldn't mid coz Itd be a huge challenge to play as regular characters.

I wouldn't mind however if new Eons elite characters ( next ones to be released ) were the gimic, but more in that they would unlock special mission levels like those seen in the comics.

Theyd basically just be like adventure packs . Which I never minded buying coz they contained a level that had a unique story that was seperate from the basic " defeat Kaos story" plot.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#102 Posted: 23:30:04 11/01/2016
Don't worry, if they keep jacking up the price on regular figures for no discernible reason like they did this year eventually you will be paying Eon's Elite level prices for all figures. Everyone's Elite!

We started at $7.99 in SSA. $8.99 in Giants. $9.99 in Swap Force. Now $12.99 for figures that are pretty much the same size as corelanders. And they still haven't upped the quality to the level of competitors, they actually removed the cards this year as well. I guess they figured they wanted to match Amiibo and Infinity prices, but didn't feel the need to get high quality manufacturing that those franchises use.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#103 Posted: 23:40:30 11/01/2016
In Australia, the prices have been pretty consistent since the game started . The cores have Never been over15$ And the special figures like Giants , trap master etc were always under $20 .

The superchargers characters are somewhere in the middle like the SF were, which Kind of makes sense.

Our money's different to yours obviously , but we definayely haven't had the price rise you guys have had.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#104 Posted: 00:25:47 12/01/2016
Quote: KeybasHedKey
^Sigh...Really Darker Stories sell well. But you never want to listing to my ideas.

When have I ever not listened to you?

And being lighthearted is not the reason many dislike this franchise.
---
Hahahahaha
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#105 Posted: 01:01:25 12/01/2016
^Sigh...Really Darker Stories sell well. But you never want to listing to my ideas.

Well, maybe if you actually listed your ideas then people would listen to them.

Just sayin'.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#106 Posted: 01:24:15 12/01/2016
Quote: defpally
*snip* $8.99 in Giants. *snip*

False. They were $10 right away with Giants' release.
Which wasn't too bad as they stayed that way for a few years.

Though the increase from $20 adventure packs to $25 battle packs was quite the jump.
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#107 Posted: 01:47:41 12/01/2016
I know this is meant to be a ‘what do you think’ rather than a ‘what do you want’ but people seem to be sharing what they want so I thought I might do that here too. Hope that’s ok.

I would love to see a game based on less but more powerful new characters and for those characters to be All Elementals. By that I mean that they can switch from one element to another including the ability to swap attacks. So they could have a different attack set for each element. But those attack sets need to be unlocked by completing certain tasks (chapters).

The reason why I like that idea is the focus comes back to the storyline and actual game play. There’s a real reason to need to complete each chapter, there’s a benefit in investing time into each character. There’s a great reason to replay the game as you would need to complete tasks with each new All Elemental character to be able to unlock all of their attacks and their true potential. There could be chapters where you need to get items to unlock the area that contains the next elemental power/attack etc. All this being required to defeat whoever or whatever the next big bad is.

Problem is I’m not sure how exciting that would sound when marketing the next game. I would love it, but it doesn’t seem to have the same WOW as being able to swap characters top and bottom halves. Or trap villains and play as them or being able to drive, dive and fly. Even though the whole driving thing is lame IMO it’s a big announcement to draw more people in. Would something like All Elemental characters be enough? Not sure that it, or anything like it would be.
#108 Posted: 03:04:54 12/01/2016
Quote: weebbby
*snip* $8.99 in Giants. *snip*

False. They were $10 right away with Giants' release.
Which wasn't too bad as they stayed that way for a few years.

Though the increase from $20 adventure packs to $25 battle packs was quite the jump.

Actually, you are False. They were $8.99 on release day and changed to $9.99 later that year. For SSA they were $7.99 then changed to $8.99 in January.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:10:36 12/01/2016 by defpally
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#109 Posted: 03:49:47 12/01/2016
Quote: GaiaMemories

I always get to much you know...a lot of comments when it comes to this. If it goes in that direction people would love it and less hate it.
#110 Posted: 01:08:11 13/01/2016

I always get to much you know...a lot of comments when it comes to this. If it goes in that direction people would love it and less hate it.

No, no it wouldn't.

Most of the complaints I've seen about the game have nothing to do with the story, but either being to expensive or "ruining" Spyro.

Becoming dark would fix neither of these.
---
Hahahahaha
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#111 Posted: 16:48:54 13/01/2016
i miss a proper new skylanders game. when will there be news about skylanders6?..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#112 Posted: 16:57:06 13/01/2016
Inb4 you don't like the looks of Skylanders 6.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#113 Posted: 20:47:23 13/01/2016
Don't worry, if they keep jacking up the price on regular figures for no discernible reason like they did this year eventually you will be paying Eon's Elite level prices for all figures. Everyone's Elite!

We started at $7.99 in SSA. $8.99 in Giants. $9.99 in Swap Force. Now $12.99 for figures that are pretty much the same size as corelanders. And they still haven't upped the quality to the level of competitors, they actually removed the cards this year as well. I guess they figured they wanted to match Amiibo and Infinity prices, but didn't feel the need to get high quality manufacturing that those franchises use.

If they jack up prices again, the only people dumb enough to buy Skylanders next year is us suckers in this forum and other hardcore collectors. The animated series just may revive the franchise, but not if the Toys To Life end makes dumb pricing decisions. They've already alienated all the Little Johnny's out there who saved up their allowance money to buy a $10 figure in past games...the greedy cash grab of raising the cheapest figure price above $10 has backfired drastically. Even the ever so common sales aren't bringing back customers who got fed up with $13 & $15 price points on figures/vehicles at launch. I've been able to get pretty much my entire Superchargers collection at 50% off during sales because of very few people purchasing at MSRP.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#114 Posted: 21:03:03 13/01/2016
Quote: mastermc54

If they jack up prices again, the only people dumb enough to buy Skylanders next year is us suckers in this forum and other hardcore collectors. The animated series just may revive the franchise, but not if the Toys To Life end makes dumb pricing decisions. They've already alienated all the Little Johnny's out there who saved up their allowance money to buy a $10 figure in past games...the greedy cash grab of raising the cheapest figure price above $10 has backfired drastically. Even the ever so common sales aren't bringing back customers who got fed up with $13 & $15 price points on figures/vehicles at launch. I've been able to get pretty much my entire Superchargers collection at 50% off during sales because of very few people purchasing at MSRP.

i am not a sucker i didn't buy superchargers.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#115 Posted: 21:09:50 13/01/2016
I wouldn't be looking for moral/coolness high ground here. In fact, it doesn't matter to anyone.

Now that Battlecast is nearly out, maybe if it survives to the end of the year they'll start putting those cards with the figures. Hard to tell what Acti plans with mobile games when they either abandon it in one update or do it across 4 years with love and care like Lost Islands,but with the physical content I hope it's the latter.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:11:19 13/01/2016 by Bifrost
#116 Posted: 07:03:24 14/01/2016

No, no it wouldn't.

Most of the complaints I've seen about the game have nothing to do with the story, but either being to expensive or "ruining" Spyro.

Yes it will, you just think it can't.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#117 Posted: 08:59:39 14/01/2016
I would love to see a darker approach. The last entry has make some advances in that direction and the comics as well are kind of leaning towards that with
ghost roaster, voodood and boomer embracing their dark side, which turns out not to be that way at the end, but hey, it makes you think it could happen someday
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#118 Posted: 13:33:50 14/01/2016
Guys, it isn't going to go darker. Ever. It's a kids game. I know you want to make it older so you can feel more mature about playing it, but they are not going to alienate parents by doing that. We may all like Skylanders, but in the end this is a game about toys, and you are never going to be able to attract enough angsty teens to ever make up for all the kids whose parents won't buy it for them. Go play Diablo 3 if you want dark and violent.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#119 Posted: 13:37:01 14/01/2016
Guys, it isn't going to go darker. Ever. It's a kids game. I know you want to make it older so you can feel more mature about playing it, but they are not going to alienate parents by doing that. We may all like Skylanders, but in the end this is a game about toys, and you are never going to be able to attract enough angsty teens to ever make up for all the kids whose parents won't buy it for them. Go play Diablo 3 if you want dark and violent.

I agree with you, but I think that maybe one game in the future can go dark. Like, family-friendly series sometimes have it's darker products for some reason, like Shadow the Hedgehog or Epic Mickey. Skylanders will never be super-violent, but darker... We have some chance.
---
Bruh
#120 Posted: 13:53:23 14/01/2016
Darker the way she wants just isn't going to happen in the next half of decade if at all, unless they want to torch the franchise and run. However,they can add dark elements.

Going into the Ghost Roaster case,maybe having an existing skylander turn for real will be too cynical for the series,but we COULD end up fighting a former Skylander turned villain from the past. Maybe even go into Knight Light's throwaway line on the comics about how he almost lost all hope while trapped - what if a Light/Dark guy DID go mad and lost hope in the Portal Masters for never freeing them from the Realms until now, so they aren't exactly in the wrong? Or even just one guy that was never a hero to begin with and just wanted fame and got kicked out?
You can do a lot without edgy and death and bloothbath, in fact,with all the Undead lore, you could scare somebody real good without ever needing to bump up the rating.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:53:56 14/01/2016 by Bifrost
#121 Posted: 14:21:56 14/01/2016
The most, I can see them doing some darker humor or throwing in some more emotional moments. But that's about it. I can't see Skylanders becoming too dark, like there's probably not going to be murder or anything like that.
---
Check this out! Please?
#122 Posted: 14:48:15 14/01/2016
Quote: Crash10

I agree with you, but I think that maybe one game in the future can go dark. Like, family-friendly series sometimes have it's darker products for some reason, like Shadow the Hedgehog or Epic Mickey. Skylanders will never be super-violent, but darker... We have some chance.

And both games were terrible. Epic Mickey did get a sequel, but turns out people don't like Mickey Mouse gone dark. Duh. Adults like him the way they remember him and kids don't like their favorite character to scare them. And teens don't buy that sort of stuff.

Teens filled with angst have plenty of games to make them feel mature (instead of actually being mature, you know when you don't care what others think about the games you like). If someone wants Skylanders dark - just get Diablo 3, it is actually a better game of the same style minus the figures.
#123 Posted: 14:54:23 14/01/2016
Epic Mickey's problem was never dark,is that they pulled back at the last second,stayed in the middle of the road,and pleased no one,especially in the sequel. You can probably find tons of comparison pics between the final game and the concepts and how disapppointing it was for both sides of the fandom.

Dark stories in family friendly places CAN be done right - Sonic Adventure 2 didn't age well at ALL but for its time it definately went far - but it takes so much not talking down to fans but not scaring them at the same time most teams just give up halfway through.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:56:36 14/01/2016 by Bifrost
#124 Posted: 14:57:38 14/01/2016

And both games were terrible. Epic Mickey did get a sequel, but turns out people don't like Mickey Mouse gone dark. Duh. Adults like him the way they remember him and kids don't like their favorite character to scare them. And teens don't buy that sort of stuff.

Teens filled with angst have plenty of games to make them feel mature (instead of actually being mature, you know when you don't care what others think about the games you like). If someone wants Skylanders dark - just get Diablo 3, it is actually a better game of the same style minus the figures.

The first Epic Mickey was actually a little well received. Also, originally, Mickey had a more anti-hero/nasty mood in the past, with his happy style existing a good time after.

Also, there are some quality games that use a darker mood. Like Sonic Adventure 2 and Mario Strikers Charged (eh...).
---
Bruh
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#125 Posted: 15:33:15 14/01/2016
I'm not saying it becomes dark, but darker, and that's something has already happened somehow with SSC. Obviously going dark like Dark Souls, Dante's inferno or Last of Us will never happen, but as mentioned above,throwing in a bit more drama and emotional moments could end up by building a great storyline.

I still remember when simba's dad die in the lion king or when Buzz light years gets depressed when he disovers he's only a toy. Those stories were for kids and were fantastic. Including a bit of drama doesn't necessarily mean is not for kids, as struggles, sadly, are also part of the life.

Is not converting Skylands into Apocalypse now, but rather, making it a bit more like real life, where both good and bad things happen.

By the way, that idea about Knight Light's years of captivity sounds great.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#126 Posted: 21:32:31 14/01/2016
I'm fine with the guest characters. I'd have no interest in Crash however and I'm a HUGE Zelda fan so I would vote for Link there. But I'd really like to see Shantae and Peach as guest characters.. Still if Link is in there i'm without question going to buy the Wii U version first. I'm more interested in human/humanoid type characters rather then anything animal.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:34:14 14/01/2016 by Street50
#127 Posted: 22:46:17 14/01/2016

No, no it wouldn't.

Yes it will, you just think it can't.

And your reasoning for said statement is....?

This is a kids game, they can have dark elements but they will never make it "dark". Superchargers is a perfect example of this. No matter how dark this franchise goes it will be seen as kiddy for one reason: toys. This series main principal is being toys to life and toys are, by many considered childish.

Why do you want it dark so badly?
---
Hahahahaha
#128 Posted: 23:26:37 14/01/2016
There has been many discussions with T or M-rated dark elements from Keybash, they all ended badly. It is best not to engage Keybash when it comes with discussion on "darker story elements". Can we simply move on? We all know Skylanders will never ever include dark elements like gore or death. Even with Keybash trying to change our opinions about it (again) otherwise.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:58:58 14/01/2016 by Aura24
#129 Posted: 23:45:26 14/01/2016
^No until there's a least one death in the next Skylanders game.

Why does everyone think they won't get that dark. Just look at the Popluar games right now!

For all of you know that i'm right otherwise.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:38:49 15/01/2016 by KeybasHedKey
#130 Posted: 01:39:06 15/01/2016

Why does everyone think they won't get that dark. Just look at the Popluar games right now!

What do you mean by "popular" games?

If you're saying the series should go to like, Mortal Kombat levels of dark, then that's not happening. And people are saying that's because Skylanders' target audience is, and has always been, kids and families. The series could get some darker elements in terms of the tone and they may axe off an NPC, but that would probably be about it. You wouldn't expect Mario to whip out a gun and just shoot Bowser in the head.
---
Check this out! Please?
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#131 Posted: 04:27:24 15/01/2016
I'd so buy a Skylander Kombat.

On a more serious note, what the Skylanders game needs is an actual plot with an actual villain and character development... The last one is hard because they expect you to play as different Skylanders in one game but Pokémon and Legend of Zelda manage to make it work.
#132 Posted: 04:42:17 15/01/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

If you're saying the series should go to like, Mortal Kombat levels of dark, then that's not happening. And people are saying that's because Skylanders' target audience is, and has always been, kids and families. The series could get some darker elements in terms of the tone and they may axe off an NPC, but that would probably be about it. You wouldn't expect Mario to whip out a gun and just shoot Bowser in the head.

I mean just look at Undertale it's super popluar right now. Skylanders deserves to be popluar as that the next guy.
#133 Posted: 05:02:07 15/01/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

I mean just look at Undertale it's super popluar right now. Skylanders deserves to be popluar as that the next guy.

Well, I actually agree with you there, and I can actually see Skylanders having a similar tone to Undertale... Though only from the pacifist or neutral side of the game, not so much the genocide one...
---
Check this out! Please?
#134 Posted: 10:52:00 15/01/2016
Undertale is only dark when you look for it. Not that different from Skylanders, it's just that we lack on -really don't read if you haven't played-

Themes like child suicide, the power of hate and detachment, how hard isolation can drive someone insane

Which are things that belong to that game because it's Toby's story to tell. Trying to patch that into Skylanders is like trying to sew red cloth to green just because it fits,it'll stand out like a sore thumb.
---
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#135 Posted: 19:41:59 16/01/2016
I don't want there to be a lot of Skylanders in the next game. I'm running out of room to store my Skylanders. There's not much shelf space left. I could cluster them together a bit more I suppose, but I'd rather not have to. For pretty much every element I have only 1 row left open. Magic I have less than a row.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#136 Posted: 19:44:56 16/01/2016
Quote: 84skylanderdude
I don't want there to be a lot of Skylanders in the next game. I'm running out of room to store my Skylanders. There's not much shelf space left. I could cluster them together a bit more I suppose, but I'd rather not have to. For pretty much every element I have only 1 row left open. Magic I have less than a row.

Don't buy them or just store some away, no one is forcing you to make tons of space for more.

I for one want at least more than SC,less than TT.Less space for them to rush designs out of the door, more space for them to not narrow down choices so much.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:45:21 16/01/2016 by Bifrost
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#137 Posted: 20:14:31 16/01/2016
For the next skylanders game they need to break away from kaos. It's overplayed way too long. The only reason the bowser/mario relationship isn't strained so much is they aren't going at it every year like this. It's every few years at best for major releases from nintendo. things like that tend to be enough of a refreshing return and it helps.

Explore more of the lore of the series. Get into using malefor or even gill grunt's gf and other characters mentioned to make it seem bigger than the characters used. The ending of the games doesn't really serve a point with a similar end villain to beat on, and that's another reason most migrate to other franchises. New worlds and things to discover. Recycled themes is something they have to break away from and focus less on the gimmicks. Instead, still make new figures but make bigger worlds and focus on the core figures. I also expect a real late announcement if there is one for it. Just so they can recoup losses and have people buy superchargers.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
#138 Posted: 20:17:11 16/01/2016
Bowser/Mario relationship has, in fact, gone at it every year recently. Maybe back then there were small breaks,but spinoffs and main games combined,there's at least one game with that plot for the last decade I think. The difference is that Kaos had a different development and seems to have stopped enjoying it as much over the games while Bowser gets increasingly unobservant that it's not working.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:18:01 16/01/2016 by Bifrost
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#139 Posted: 20:21:16 16/01/2016
[User Posted Image]

-----
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#140 Posted: 20:38:27 16/01/2016
Well now that Kaos is the unofficial "Evil Consultant of Ultimate Evil" of the Skylanders Academy to help the Skylanders against evildoers trying to take over the role as ruler of Skylands.

We most likely be seeing other villains take over as the main antagonist of the games or in the tv series.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:39:24 16/01/2016 by Aura24
#141 Posted: 07:10:21 17/01/2016
Maybe some people get tired of Kaos because, different of Bowser, that is a gameplay-centered villain, Kaos is a story-centered villain, so that's the reason he gives a repetitive feel.

I'm okay with Kaos always being the villain, as long as it doesn't get much repetitive.
---
Bruh
Starlight_Shine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1088
#142 Posted: 21:36:39 19/01/2016
On the new villain topic, I think it would be nice to see old villains return such as: Vathek (he could be freed from the stone) or Malefor (even being seen in the TV show would be nice) maybe we could even go back in time and find some of the Skylanders' enemies before they defeated them, like evil Cynder.

Those are just some of my personal wishes though, I would expect that to happen anytime soon.
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#143 Posted: 10:27:01 20/01/2016
I personally would like to see a totally new set of characters, rather than mixing in reposes.

Light & Dark Minis

Expansion packs

No more Amiibo characters, that gimmick has been done.
---
^ You all know it's true
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#144 Posted: 23:38:19 20/01/2016
I know this sounds wierd, but I dreamed a few weeks ago that we got scented Skylanders. In my dream, Boomer and Zap were getting special scent versions, where they would be reposed, be in their original Spyro's Adventure packaging, and have a distinctive smell to their toy forms. Boomer smelt like strawberries, and Zap smelled like blueberries. It was a very bizarre dream. I can't even remember what they did in game.

Yeah, I have weird dreams.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#145 Posted: 23:56:32 20/01/2016
Quote: Aura24
Well now that Kaos is the unofficial "Evil Consultant of Ultimate Evil" of the Skylanders Academy to help the Skylanders against evildoers trying to take over the role as ruler of Skylands.

We most likely be seeing other villains take over as the main antagonist of the games or in the tv series.

They've never provided synergy from one game to the next, so expect his short term stint at the Acadademy to be summarily dismissed in the next game without reason/cause.
#146 Posted: 00:05:27 21/01/2016
We had plenty of synergy with the character development - you haven't heard of Flynn hitting on Cali for quite a few games, have we? Also,spoilers.

Also I'm sure the Core will stay destroyed unless the cartoon will have rebuilding it again as an overarching arc.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:05:41 21/01/2016 by Bifrost
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#147 Posted: 02:26:21 21/01/2016
Maybe some people get tired of Kaos because, different of Bowser, that is a gameplay-centered villain, Kaos is a story-centered villain, so that's the reason he gives a repetitive feel.

I'm okay with Kaos always being the villain, as long as it doesn't get much repetitive.

Actually I don't mind Kaos being the villain in each game, as long as they don't leave important story to the comics/cartoon ( while I plan to watch the cartoon, I don't read the comics due to both money and space concerns....the games should NEVER require other material to follow the story ), but I am beyond sick of Bowser always being the villain in Mario....I mean is it really too much to ask for Wart, Tatanga, Fawful, the Shroobs, the X-Nauts or Dimentio ( or even another NEW villain ) to be the big bad in a main Mario game? smilie
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#148 Posted: 06:30:58 21/01/2016
HOLY ****

I JUST REALIZED

WHAT IF IN SKY 6 WE HAVE TO REBUILD THE CORE AND IT TAKES PLACE IN THE RUINS AND ITS AN SSA REMAKE BUT NOT REALLY?!?!
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#149 Posted: 10:05:59 21/01/2016
Spoiler taaags.

Definately wish that'd happen but then people would call it SSA 2.0 and 'running out of ideas' since easy criticism.
---
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me