First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
The next skylanders game
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#51 Posted: 23:20:33 03/01/2016
The actual wut?
What's with this guy patch hate?
As far as I remember every good PC game since Warcraft 2 was patched atleast a dozen times after release.
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#52 Posted: 23:53:04 03/01/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: defpally
But you miss something. Every game has "just figures" these days. Except Infinity has figures of things that you know and love, next year they will likely put out even more Star Wars figures. And if you haven't played it, the gameplay is much better in Infinitythis year - they seem to finally be getting it.

Lego has Legos. Not just figures, but figures you can pull apart and put together in many different ways. And, as I understand their plan is to add content through updates and not release another Starter next year.

Everyone seems to think Skylanders just needs to go back to the roots. Keep in mind sales went down this year before most kids had even played it to figure out if they liked driving or not. Last year with Trap Team we had a more traditional game and it also was starting to lose interest. Driving isn't what is killing Skylanders (oh and many like it a lot, including my kids).

Open world would be a nice gimmick, particularly paired with online. A real online PvP mode would also be cool. But they need something to "Wow" people right off the shelves. Because it is sitting next to Star Wars/Disney figures and Legos. And when kids are in stores making their Santa lists a robust open world matters exactly zero.

people started to lose interest in trap team because of how activision handled the game,figurines releases and to much to buy.. when it comes to online, its the worst that could happen to skylanders. it just opened the flood gate of releasing patches after patches. so i really hope for a sofa co-op and not anything more.

But haven't people been begging for online for several years now?
---
Hahahahaha
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#53 Posted: 23:54:33 03/01/2016
Count's been wanting online for a while...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#54 Posted: 00:01:19 04/01/2016
i find it odd that so many people wanted online, and yet now they want it gone
#55 Posted: 00:07:19 04/01/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

A heel face turn~
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#56 Posted: 00:10:37 04/01/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

of course people wanted online and everyone did think that activision would actually take the extra time to do it properly. but they have clearly shown its to much to handle and everything will suffer. so i much more prefer they focus on the single player and not release a broken game.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#57 Posted: 00:14:33 04/01/2016
Quote: Aura24

A heel face turn~

*They're rooting for your destruction this turn!

I'll go back to the trash after that one.

Online co-ops works mostly fine,it's when the connection isn't stable to begin with that things just go crazy. Racing of course is an entirely different deal.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#58 Posted: 00:51:33 04/01/2016
Racing works fine even with unestable conection, atleast on ps3.
In Co-op you can find level breaking glitches because of data transmision, this is not VV fault.

If you have a potato conection don't blame the game.

Anyway I'm still trying to figure how patches are a bad thing.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:53:19 04/01/2016 by Akseyomiht
DredyekSlayer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1423
#59 Posted: 03:03:36 04/01/2016
Quote: 4inCreation
Quote: Wishblade
How about getting back to dragons?

What if there were larger creatures that Skylanders could control? It might be similar to vehicles, but it could offer a lot of different possibilities.

Kinda like Crash badicoot: Mind Over Mutants.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#60 Posted: 03:11:45 04/01/2016
Quote: Akseyomiht
Racing works fine even with unestable conection, atleast on ps3.
In Co-op you can find level breaking glitches because of data transmision, this is not VV fault.

If you have a potato conection don't blame the game.

Anyway I'm still trying to figure how patches are a bad thing.

Don't forget the clap processor. smilie
Starlight_Shine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1088
#61 Posted: 03:29:30 04/01/2016
Quote: Trighap52
This topic is about everything related with the next game and all the informations and opinions we have about it .
So i'll start with some questions about it :
Who is:
the developer ? Tfb
the special guest ?Crash or Link
what is the gimmick you expect ? gimmick about dragons, NO gimmick , giant mech suits
what do you think should be or not be in the next game ? Sunburn Dragons a fantastic game , online
feel free to ask more questions

IF THAT EVER HAPPENED... ALL OF MY YES!!!
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#62 Posted: 22:36:40 07/01/2016
I think hopefully some future game, I hope we will have

Figures of villains like smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie and maybe even smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
#63 Posted: 01:21:27 08/01/2016
I still think a 2 part game where it's good vs evil would be a blockbuster, and simply presenting figures of villains for one part of the story/game would be VERY exciting. Add in some story pathing to make the story change....lots of re-playability there.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#64 Posted: 01:22:49 08/01/2016
If they started remaking old games so they could consistently update them with new games' characters, then maybe we would eventually get the Yawn Traps?
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#65 Posted: 02:07:45 08/01/2016
Okay, I've compiled a list of my predictions for the next game. Keep in mind, I said predictions. These aren't things I necessarily want or think they should do, just what I think is going to happen:

• Going back to 30+ characters.
  • Toon Link Skymiibo, and likely one more.
  • Return of Adventure Packs.
  • At least four characters are reimagined cores (Like with Superchargers, except without being... Superchargers)
  • Only four Eon's Elites for Air, Fire, Light, and Dark.
  • Kaos is still powerless, but he teams up with either Malefor or a new antagonist... who eventually tosses him aside.
  • Trapped villains are playable again, since Toys for Bob is working on it.
  • Return of Heroic Challenges.

As for what they'll do with the vehicles... I have no idea. I think VV really backed them into a corner by making vehicles mandatory to beat the game...
Backed into a corner. Get it? It's a car pun. I think. LAUGH.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#66 Posted: 02:48:20 08/01/2016
I think that we can get more Amiibo Skylanders, but I don't really know if it will be Toon Link. I think that it can be another Mario character. I know of the Zelda anniversary, but still... Just a though.
---
Bruh
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#67 Posted: 08:34:40 08/01/2016
I hope the next Skymiibos will be pit or dark pit.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#68 Posted: 08:46:10 08/01/2016
IF they even do Skymiibos next game.
---
#69 Posted: 10:21:24 08/01/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
I still think a 2 part game where it's good vs evil would be a blockbuster, and simply presenting figures of villains for one part of the story/game would be VERY exciting. Add in some story pathing to make the story change....lots of re-playability there.

Getting a more gray storyline might be something for the far future when they can really handle a mature game(as in, they've watched their fans grow up and what'll be actually needed), we don't want a modern Shadow the Hedgehog with the same,if not worse,fandom consequences.
Not to say it wouldn't be a good idea, though in the end you'd probably need a fully malicious villain behind everything. Maybe a chain of misunderstandings making the Skylanders think a group of villains is out for another evil plot when they're actually trying to save themselves.
---
Pokemon2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3814
#70 Posted: 11:21:02 08/01/2016
My Sky6 Predictions:
A full-fledged crossover with a Indie franchise (FNAF or Undertale)
Toon Link and Villager Skymiibo
Kaos will team up with either the Purple Man (from FNAF) or the main villain from Undertale
PlayStation exclusive Skylanders Ratchet and Sackboy
XBOX exclusive Skylanders Banjo-Kazooie & The Battletoads
Wii U & possibly NX exclusive bosses: Toon Ganondorf & Mr. Resetti
PS3 & PS4 exclusive bosses: Dr. Nefarious and Newton
XBOX One & XBOX 360 exclusive bosses: The main villain from Banjo-Kazooie and the main villain from Battletoads.
Battle Mode returns with online battle mode!
Skylander Rater (a character that rates your Skylander's strength, and attacks.)
Evil Skylanders returns
Traps will work as villains again! This time around they WON'T have timers and they'll have health bars instead!
Mobile exclusive Skypods (Skylanders and Angry Birds Telepods hybrid figures) of Red Bird and Yellow Bird from Angry Birds
Mobile exclusive bosses: King Pig & Chef Pig
The NPCs actually say the Skylander's name! like for example Flynn would say to Spyro: "Hey Spyro, we need your help to defeat Kaos!"
---
Moved to TimDrake, talk to me there.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:22:22 08/01/2016 by Pokemon2
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#71 Posted: 11:48:41 08/01/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Okay, I've compiled a list of my predictions for the next game. Keep in mind, I said predictions. These aren't things I necessarily want or think they should do, just what I think is going to happen:

• At least four characters are reimagined cores (Like with Superchargers, except without being... Superchargers)
  • Kaos is still powerless, but he teams up with either Malefor or a new antagonist... who eventually tosses him aside.

As for what they'll do with the vehicles... I have no idea. I think VV really backed them into a corner by making vehicles mandatory to beat the game...

This is exactly what I want to see!

When it comes to Skymiibos, I think that characters like this would be great:

Kannonball K. Rool - Tech
Berry Bomb/Egg Avenger Yoshi - Magic or Life
Fruit Fighter Diddy Kong - Life
Paint Pounder/Hammer Slam Bowser Jr. - Magic or Fire
Fiery Fiend Charizard - Fire
Blade Beast Ganondorf - Dark or Magic
Light Lord Pit - Light
Doomsday Dark Pit - Dark
Cat Burglar Meowth - Dark or Magic
Hyper Shock Pikachu - Light
Cosmic Blast Mewtwo - Magic
Tech Trooper Fox - Tech
Bird Bomber Falco - Air
Space Hunter Wolf - Undead or Dark

Yeah...being a huge Nintendo fanboy, I think about this stuff a lot...
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:55:36 08/01/2016 by Chompy-King257
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#72 Posted: 13:16:27 08/01/2016
Quote: Pokemon2
My Sky6 Predictions:
Kaos will team up with either the Purple Man (from FNAF) or the main villain from Undertale
XBOX One & XBOX 360 exclusive bosses: The main villain from Banjo-Kazooie and the main villain from Battletoads.
Skylander Rater (a character that rates your Skylander's strength, and attacks.)
Evil Skylanders returns
Traps will work as villains again! This time around they WON'T have timers and they'll have health bars instead!
Mobile exclusive Skypods (Skylanders and Angry Birds Telepods hybrid figures) of Red Bird and Yellow Bird from Angry Birds
The NPCs actually say the Skylander's name! like for example Flynn would say to Spyro: "Hey Spyro, we need your help to defeat Kaos!"

How like do you think these are?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Pokemon2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3814
#73 Posted: 13:33:53 08/01/2016
not too!
---
Moved to TimDrake, talk to me there.
#74 Posted: 13:41:50 08/01/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257
Quote: AdamGregory03

This is exactly what I want to see!

When it comes to Skymiibos, I think that characters like this would be great:

Kannonball K. Rool - Tech
Berry Bomb/Egg Avenger Yoshi - Magic or Life
Fruit Fighter Diddy Kong - Life
Paint Pounder/Hammer Slam Bowser Jr. - Magic or Fire
Fiery Fiend Charizard - Fire
Blade Beast Ganondorf - Dark or Magic
Light Lord Pit - Light
Doomsday Dark Pit - Dark
Cat Burglar Meowth - Dark or Magic
Hyper Shock Pikachu - Light
Cosmic Blast Mewtwo - Magic
Tech Trooper Fox - Tech
Bird Bomber Falco - Air
Space Hunter Wolf - Undead or Dark

Yeah...being a huge Nintendo fanboy, I think about this stuff a lot...

Pit and dark pit as Skymiibos... I like soooooo much that idea.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#75 Posted: 13:56:09 08/01/2016
not too!

Let me say it again, I mistyped. Lol.

Do you think these are likely?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#76 Posted: 14:03:19 08/01/2016
Quote: Aura24
IF they even do Skymiibos next game.

I know. Like I said, it was just a prediction with no inside sources.

Though knowing Activision, they'll try to make lightning strike twice.
---
Check this out! Please?
#77 Posted: 22:23:04 08/01/2016
This is what I believe one of our new characters this year should be. (Wait til near the end)
---
smiliesmilie
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#78 Posted: 08:36:06 09/01/2016
My Sky6 Predictions:
Evil Skylanders returns

Not want to sound rude, but I'm a little confusing if you're kidding or just saying your personal wishes. Not take it to the bad way, let me just say point by point:

• Almost impossible. Five Nights at Freddy's is a mature game, and Undertale have nothing in common with Skylanders.
  • Maybe they can do more Nintendo Guest Stars. But I doubt it would be those two.
  • Same as the first one.
  • If they do console exclusive Guest Stars, it's more possible to be Nintendo ones, since it's probably where they get more sales.
  • Same as before.
  • Impossible. Also, I doubt NX would be released in 2016, but this doesn't matter now.
  • Same as before.
  • Same as before.
  • Very possible. Maybe it doesn't happen depending on the new gimmick.
  • Looks a good idea. But I don't know if it's very useful.
  • I think that most people prefer more original bosses, including the developers.
  • The first part is quite possible and a good idea. I personally like more with the timers, but... It's just my opinion.
  • Almost Impossible.
  • Same as before.
  • Very possible, but only in specific cases (like Buzz in SuperChargers).
---
Bruh
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 08:39:07 09/01/2016 by Crash10
#79 Posted: 20:48:03 09/01/2016
Activision will have to think about something to compete with DI and LD. In this sense a massive crossover with other well known franchises seems likely. Other possible features of the next game:

1) Massive crossover with a well known franchise: Amiibos, pokemon, sony characters (rachet &clank, jak & daxter, crash bandicoot), cartoon network,etc

2) customizable characters: this could end up un different ways: weapons,armor,gadgets,gems whichturn skylanders into superstate,gems which give elemental skills, changing outfits and colors Of skylanders,etc

3)new gameplay mode: sports, moba,FPS,etc

4) Create and design your own levels: Sort of diney's toy box

5) "Transformers" skylanders

6) Skylanders Universe: The game would feature locations from very different points of the universe (earth, mars, stars, etc), unlocakble through different toys.
---
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#80 Posted: 21:37:31 09/01/2016
Well i got ideas but no one would hear them.

Beacuse you are scared if they do that.

But it's your choice...you want it to be popluar again? Let's go in THAT direction.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#81 Posted: 22:28:44 09/01/2016
You know what I would like? If Kaos actually takes random Skylanders from your collection and turns them on you and you would have to defeat them. If you're lucky he will take your weakest Skylanders but he could also take your best ones (though Stealth Elf would be impossible to beat). Now that would be a boss fight I'd burn my money for.
#82 Posted: 00:37:31 10/01/2016
Quote: angelg
Activision will have to think about something to compete with DI and LD. In this sense a massive crossover with other well known franchises seems likely. Other possible features of the next game:

1) Massive crossover with a well known franchise: Amiibos, pokemon, sony characters (rachet &clank, jak & daxter, crash bandicoot), cartoon network,etc

2) customizable characters: this could end up un different ways: weapons,armor,gadgets,gems whichturn skylanders into superstate,gems which give elemental skills, changing outfits and colors Of skylanders,etc

3)new gameplay mode: sports, moba,FPS,etc

4) Create and design your own levels: Sort of diney's toy box

5) "Transformers" skylanders

6) Skylanders Universe: The game would feature locations from very different points of the universe (earth, mars, stars, etc), unlocakble through different toys.

I think the crossover thing already exists with smilie and smilie.
Also, I would quit the game if they do a crossover with Cartoon Network (especially Steven Universe and Adventure Time...ewwww).
---
smiliesmilie
#83 Posted: 00:45:09 10/01/2016
Sorry for double-posting, but I feel like these might happen in Skylanders 6

1. A sort of dragon-ish plot involving smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, and smilie as the reposed Skylanders (or maybe smilie, smilie and smilie )
2. Dragon Hunter
from the Dragon Spine track's Boss Pursuit
and smilie ALSO being bosses in addition to smilie
3. More playable villains similar to the traps and trophies
4. A monkey or ape-like Skylander (because every game has some sort of Chinese New Year animal resembling the one of the year, like smilie in 2011, smilie in 2012, smilie in 2013, smilie in 2014 and smilie in 2015, representing the Years of the Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse and Sheep respectfully). Coincidence.
5. Hopefully the Light and Dark elements are now fully recognizable.

In the future
30 playable characters (in one game)

Playable villain figures (about 30 figures)

Not rushing you guys.
---
smiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:30:39 14/01/2016 by SkylandrPurists
#84 Posted: 03:29:20 10/01/2016
Quote: KeybasHedKey

But it's your choice...you want it to be popluar again? Let's go in THAT direction.

What's dat supposed to mean Keybash?
---
Check this out! Please?
#85 Posted: 03:49:47 10/01/2016
She means the dark and death direction that "may" make Skylanders popular again.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:56:10 10/01/2016 by Aura24
#86 Posted: 04:34:00 10/01/2016
Well people, don't listen to my idea, but there's no opition left. Killed or be killed...And no, it's not a refrence of any kind.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:39:02 10/01/2016 by KeybasHedKey
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#87 Posted: 05:04:07 10/01/2016
All the great sales have me wondering if they will discontinue Skylanders after 6 or 7 games. Desperation may lead to a good creative gimmick. They may be pitching for guest appearances from more Nintendo characters. Mario and Link would be cool, but it seems that Nintendo would hold licences for only their consoles. Transformers would be way cool as skylanders. It would also be wise of them to mature their content a little as their fans are growing older. I'm hopeful that they will bring back PvP since they did listen to fans request online gaming.
---
Any last wishes?
#88 Posted: 13:03:00 10/01/2016
Hm, here's an idea for how to carry vehicles over without having to port huge parts of SSC.
Land - Like their initial plan, you can board them anytime. However, they can only be activated in enemy arenas, and will do a donut destroying everything caught on it. Works like a renewable magic item that can work for how many times there are arenas in a level, but MAYBE they could port the elemental zones and keep them in some corner of the hub as well for some driving action.
Sky - Works like Stormblade's Sky Slicer card in Battlecast. Maybe during boss battles or enemy waves in corridors, you can call your vehicle in(maybe in the edge of the island) and shoot everyone from above for a few seconds.
Sea - Would require some areas in the water, no need to be deep but at least obviously flooded. Activating it causes your vehicle to open a rift in the center, and it'll suck in whatever debris and enemies it'll reach, giving you easy XP and gold.

I mean, it still removes a LOT of their usefulness, but it at least feels a bit empowering in theory.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#89 Posted: 13:36:12 10/01/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Hm, here's an idea for how to carry vehicles over without having to port huge parts of SSC.
Land - Like their initial plan, you can board them anytime. However, they can only be activated in enemy arenas, and will do a donut destroying everything caught on it. Works like a renewable magic item that can work for how many times there are arenas in a level, but MAYBE they could port the elemental zones and keep them in some corner of the hub as well for some driving action.
Sky - Works like Stormblade's Sky Slicer card in Battlecast. Maybe during boss battles or enemy waves in corridors, you can call your vehicle in(maybe in the edge of the island) and shoot everyone from above for a few seconds.
Sea - Would require some areas in the water, no need to be deep but at least obviously flooded. Activating it causes your vehicle to open a rift in the center, and it'll suck in whatever debris and enemies it'll reach, giving you easy XP and gold.

I mean, it still removes a LOT of their usefulness, but it at least feels a bit empowering in theory.

That would be a really nice way to keep supporting vehicles if the game's structure doesn't change! smilie

However I do feel like vehicles could express their true potential if only Skylanders 6 were an open-world game.
The vehicles would act as a way to make you travel faster around the map and you would of course have to change vehicles if near a lake, river or sea or simply to avoid mountains and other land obstacles.
But, and that's the key, they wouldn't absolutely be required!
All the Skylanders could walk and run and a lot of them could also swim and/or fly; it would simply be a a way to make things faster.

And in my vision of the game the Starter Pack would come with two new characters, one being able to fly and the other being able to swim, so you wouldn't be forced to buy new characters to access certain parts of the map.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#90 Posted: 15:08:02 10/01/2016
Just not seeing the love for vehicles beyond this game, unless they have an add-on pack (purchase) for those that want additional content for the next game (more racing perhaps), but I'm pretty sure they're not going to be constrained by level design because there were, at one time. vehicles.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:08:28 10/01/2016 by TakeYourLemons
#91 Posted: 15:43:26 10/01/2016
I though I would never say this, but...I would be glad if the vehicles gameplay continued somehow in the next game. Is fun and addictive. Maybe placing it as a side mission throught main story and online complementary mode would please everybody. Or as drek metioned as a way to travel faster in a open world scenario.
---
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#92 Posted: 17:20:37 10/01/2016
The "traveling through an open world" idea is definitely the one I'm hoping for.

Also, I hope they keep the "supercharged state" that superchargers have when a vehicle is placed on a portal with them.
---
Boop me if you see this.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#93 Posted: 17:49:51 10/01/2016
Just not seeing the love for vehicles beyond this game, unless they have an add-on pack (purchase) for those that want additional content for the next game (more racing perhaps), but I'm pretty sure they're not going to be constrained by level design because there were, at one time. vehicles.

I though I would never say this, but...I would be glad if the vehicles gameplay continued somehow in the next game. Is fun and addictive. Maybe placing it as a side mission throught main story and online complementary mode would please everybody. Or as drek metioned as a way to travel faster in a open world scenario.

I'd be happy if they ditched vehicles. We need a traditional Skylanders game with developers focusing on levels designed for Skylander combat...not vehicles. Skylanders combat content is lost when time, resources, & disk space are spent on development of racing content. Let there be a spinoff side Skylanders racing game for those who wish to continue racing, but I don't want any more Skylanders games mucked up with the racing gimmick. No offense to people who like racing, but weren't sales of the 3DS and Wii racing games absolutely abysmal? Why bring back a gimmick which didn't help drive sales? Overall, gimmicks need to involve Skylanders again if the franchise has any hopes of continuing on.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#94 Posted: 21:53:38 10/01/2016
Maybe they could ditch the vehicle gameplay but keep local and online racing in the game.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#95 Posted: 23:48:37 10/01/2016
Quote: KeybasHedKey

What sense does it make for them to make it "dark"? That wouldn't help sales.

Why do so many have a "darker=better" mentality?
---
Hahahahaha
#96 Posted: 08:39:55 11/01/2016
^Sigh...Really Darker Stories sell well. But you never want to listing to my ideas.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#97 Posted: 09:41:33 11/01/2016
Superchargers was a bit of a gamble And it's pretty obvious it ended up with average results, not bad, just average, so I think they might go back to the basic skylanders concept done in trap team and previous.

Really if the next game was basically trap team, with 20+ levels, battle arenas etc + some new stuff SC added like portal master powers , daily quests and charscters quests/ objectives ... The game would be perfect.

Just chuck in a cheap gimic to make it a little exciting and your done.

I'm not a huge fan of traps in gameplay but they were a very decent gimic ( they just weren't released well ). They were cheap, collectable, functional and colourful. The were more functional then magic items and less functional then a skylander. They filled the gap between our 2 figures perfectly.

I think traps being cheap was a big benefit towards trap teams success. If vehicles were the same price as traps, I think SC would've been a lot more successful ( ow wait ... Probably not because they locked out half the vehicle/ racing content with those stupid trophys lol ) . What was my point again? Ow yeah... The gimic shouldn't be the expensive part of the game.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
#98 Posted: 09:47:11 11/01/2016
Quote: mastermc54

I'd be happy if they ditched vehicles. We need a traditional Skylanders game with developers focusing on levels designed for Skylander combat...not vehicles. Skylanders combat content is lost when time, resources, & disk space are spent on development of racing content. Let there be a spinoff side Skylanders racing game for those who wish to continue racing, but I don't want any more Skylanders games mucked up with the racing gimmick. No offense to people who like racing, but weren't sales of the 3DS and Wii racing games absolutely abysmal? Why bring back a gimmick which didn't help drive sales? Overall, gimmicks need to involve Skylanders again if the franchise has any hopes of continuing on.

I love Skylander's classic gameplay and no way I want that to dissapear, is one of the core of the series and it should stay there, so I totally agree with you on that one.

Nevertheless, now that they have performed all the hard work developing the racing mode, wouldn't it be like a waste of effort not including it somehow on next installments, or even as a spin off? I'm quite ignorant when it comes to game's developing so I may be totally wrong (they may have to re-develop that for each release).

I used to hate the racing elements, but once I went deeper into the online aspect I have had a lot of fun (yesterday I have playing the whole afternoon with four online friends), up to the point I have started loving it, not as much as to take a 50% share of the classic gameplay but enough to want it to still alive somehow.
---
#99 Posted: 12:44:01 11/01/2016
They shouldn't have to redevelop except for portal technology, though no idea if they can port. The PS4 prototype footage in the Treehouse videos showed the Alchemy engine allows tweaking from the bare mininum so it should be compatible, but TFB might work on a different base console.
---
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#100 Posted: 19:16:13 11/01/2016
I think it might be neat to have the next game focus on the Eon's Elite characters. It would offer a use for the ones already made as well as offer a chance to create some new remakes and brand new Elite characters. The game would also be designed to challenge the Elites even though they are more powerful. Activision has already proven that they can still make money on them at $9.99, so price should not be a factor. The EE line could use the boost as they seem a bit forgotten and the game play could be awesome as well. The story could be a means to introduce light and dark ones and still keep the classic gameplay in tact. The figures are the gimmick for this one. Just a thought.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me