Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
The next skylanders game
Trighap52 Blue Sparx Gems: 637
#1 Posted: 19:35:55 02/01/2016 | Topic Creator
This topic is about everything related with the next game and all the informations and opinions we have about it .
So i'll start with some questions about it :
Who is:
the developer ? Tfb
the special guest ?Crash or Link
what is the gimmick you expect ? gimmick about dragons, NO gimmick , giant mech suits
what do you think should be or not be in the next game ?Sunburn Dragons a fantastic game , online
feel free to ask more questions
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:17:03 03/01/2016 by Trighap52
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 19:42:42 02/01/2016
Wait until March then ask again.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#3 Posted: 19:44:34 02/01/2016
TFB.

I kinda hope Crash.

I have no idea... Something involving extra toys..

THE RETURN OF OUR BOY SUNBURN
Trighap52 Blue Sparx Gems: 637
#4 Posted: 19:56:12 02/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: ZapNorris
TFB.

I kinda hope Crash.

are you sure it's tfb ? i really prefer VVs ...
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#5 Posted: 20:01:51 02/01/2016
Quote: Trighap52
Quote: ZapNorris
TFB.

I kinda hope Crash.

are you sure it's tfb ? i really prefer VVs ...

Yes activision confirmed TFB and VV would take turns developing
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#6 Posted: 20:25:33 02/01/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Wait until March then ask again.

Why March?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#7 Posted: 20:27:02 02/01/2016
"After March" seems to be the timeframe for reveals. Sooner like Giants or later like SSC's horrid marketing,stuff only starts showing up once that month starts,not a week before.

I think the exception was SSA on February but I think it took until March to get footage anyway.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:27:59 02/01/2016 by Bifrost
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#8 Posted: 21:14:02 02/01/2016
Im in no hurry for next game.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#9 Posted: 21:40:51 02/01/2016
How about getting back to dragons? I always thought it would be cool too play with a custom dragon that you made online: choose the colors, wing type, head, element, powers/upgrades, etc. Who wouldn't want to design their own Skylander?
---
Any last wishes?
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#10 Posted: 21:46:10 02/01/2016
Hopefully no more Guest Stars, but if there had to be one, it needs to be Crash.
#11 Posted: 21:46:28 02/01/2016
Quote: Wishblade
How about getting back to dragons? I always thought it would be cool too play with a custom dragon that you made online: choose the colors, wing type, head, element, powers/upgrades, etc. Who wouldn't want to design their own Skylander?

Here's a better question: who'd want to see most of the creations from younger fans? I for one don't want to see BloodGore the Dark Dragon every time I go to co-op or the sparkledog of the month.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:46:53 02/01/2016 by Bifrost
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#12 Posted: 21:47:30 02/01/2016
No more Toy Fair debuts... *sob*
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
DredyekSlayer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1423
#13 Posted: 22:03:49 02/01/2016
I kinda wish they combined each gimmik of each game so no matter which skylander you use (from any game.) will be useful.
#14 Posted: 22:06:22 02/01/2016

Honestly, that would be a really cool idea if they expanded it to more than just dragons, but that would need some serious limitations. Like, you can only make a certain amount of your own Skylander...
---
Check this out! Please?
#15 Posted: 22:15:00 02/01/2016
Quote: Aura24
No more Toy Fair debuts... *sob*

WAT

http://s23.a2zinc.net/clients/...24077&Nav=False

It looks like activision HAS a booth. They will most likely do what they did at toy fair 2014, and show off wave 4/ easter variants.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#16 Posted: 22:31:54 02/01/2016
I mean for the next game, they haven't done new game debuts since... Swap Force..?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#17 Posted: 22:47:55 02/01/2016
Quote: Aura24
I mean for the next game, they haven't done new game debuts since... Swap Force..?

I wish they would announce Sky 6 there.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#18 Posted: 22:56:01 02/01/2016
Let's have TFB designing it, no new Skylanders, gimmicks or guest stars and I want it to be an open-world game thx
#19 Posted: 23:00:41 02/01/2016
Quote: Skylander3112
Let's have TFB designing it, no new Skylanders, gimmicks or guest stars and I want it to be an open-world game thx

Formula to bomb the franchise with a single game; done.
Maybe if they had rereleases along with the new game but no new figures at all for a whole year to create hype over,plus the herculean task of making an open-world game interesting don't add up too well.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:01:38 02/01/2016 by Bifrost
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#20 Posted: 23:29:03 02/01/2016
How about getting back to dragons?

What if there were larger creatures that Skylanders could control? It might be similar to vehicles, but it could offer a lot of different possibilities.
#21 Posted: 23:51:21 02/01/2016
Quote: 4inCreation
How about getting back to dragons?

What if there were larger creatures that Skylanders could control? It might be similar to vehicles, but it could offer a lot of different possibilities.

what about giant mecha suits...?
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#22 Posted: 00:50:26 03/01/2016
This is what SHOULD HAPPEN!!

Toys4Bob should make the game and it should be called either Skylanders Origins or Skylanders Ancients.

No gimmick just a fantastic game.

The only thing is all of Skylanders is put into a dark state, even the Skylanders are evil. The Skylanders are the villains and the only way you can play the Skylander again is if you defeat the evil counterpart in the game!!

Origin characters would be Master Eon for sure as the magic and there should be 20 in total, two per each element!!
#23 Posted: 01:03:45 03/01/2016
That has a better place in Fandom, since it's a full on game idea.
---
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#24 Posted: 02:11:21 03/01/2016
If the idea is maga cool / smart, we'll hear in March/Apr...any later, and I fear we have another stinker.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#25 Posted: 04:22:46 03/01/2016
I'm just gonna put this here for thought:

http://www.ign.com/articles/20...-to-star-wars-2

Skylanders cannot simply survive off of being Skylanders anymore. They need something special this year or a year off to come up with something special. More expensive figures, way more variants, a gimmick that seems to be hit or miss with fans ... and Infinity ate their lunch.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#26 Posted: 05:15:18 03/01/2016
What if they made an SSA remake? Updated graphics, all the new characters, Light and Dark added to the Core of Light and scattered throughout the levels as elemental gates, and maybe even new Cores. Maybe like 2 per element, so 20 new characters. They could eventually remake games 1-4 so they can update them with later games' characters. SuperChargers already gets regular updates, so it doesn't need to be remade to add new characters.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#27 Posted: 11:30:44 03/01/2016
Quote: Trighap52
This topic is about everything related with the next game and all the informations and opinions we have about it .
So i'll start with some questions about it :
Who is:
the developer ? Tfb
the special guest ?Crash or Link
what is the gimmick you expect ?
what do you think should be or not be in the next game ?Sunburn
feel free to ask more questions

ok i will answer...

Who is: me.
the developer? toy for bob.
the special guest? spyro.
what is the gimmick you expect? dungeons, brawling, light rpg, huge open worlds, dragons.
what do you think should be or not be in the next game? i expect dragons and there should not be any racing.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:31:03 03/01/2016 by CountMoneyBone
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#28 Posted: 12:58:06 03/01/2016
Quote: defpally
I'm just gonna put this here for thought:

http://www.ign.com/articles/20...-to-star-wars-2

Skylanders cannot simply survive off of being Skylanders anymore. They need something special this year or a year off to come up with something special. More expensive figures, way more variants, a gimmick that seems to be hit or miss with fans ... and Infinity ate their lunch.

Mmmmh... I don't agree.
Especially since the article basically says "DI 3.0 was a huge success because it introduced Star Wars the same year The Force Awakens came out".
Not because of its gameplay, its innovation or the game itself; just because of that.

It was indeed a great strategy but it won't last forever and it won't work forever.
I think that magic will already start to fade in the next few months now that the hype for the movie is starting to do the same, particularly since it didn't changed much from its predecessors from what I heard, and they had lots of problems.

What Skylanders needs is exactly being Skylanders again, in my opinion.
After a year of a nice gimmick which didn't went well along the traditional gameplay, a weak toyline and an exaggerate focus on vehicles I personally want this series back to its roots.
No fancy gimmick or Gimmicklanders (unless they are truly something mind-blowing), and no unneeded complications.
Just a great game, with a good story, some new Skylanders (20 would be perfect in my opinion) and some new in-game gimmicks like the ones in each SuperChargers world; maybe some true innovation like an open-world approach.

I don't want Skylanders to be succesfull because of some famous guest stars.
The original characters, the gameplay and the plot are its strenghts
It doesn't need anything else.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:05:00 03/01/2016 by Drek95
#29 Posted: 14:27:34 03/01/2016
But you miss something. Every game has "just figures" these days. Except Infinity has figures of things that you know and love, next year they will likely put out even more Star Wars figures. And if you haven't played it, the gameplay is much better in Infinitythis year - they seem to finally be getting it.

Lego has Legos. Not just figures, but figures you can pull apart and put together in many different ways. And, as I understand their plan is to add content through updates and not release another Starter next year.

Everyone seems to think Skylanders just needs to go back to the roots. Keep in mind sales went down this year before most kids had even played it to figure out if they liked driving or not. Last year with Trap Team we had a more traditional game and it also was starting to lose interest. Driving isn't what is killing Skylanders (oh and many like it a lot, including my kids).

Open world would be a nice gimmick, particularly paired with online. A real online PvP mode would also be cool. But they need something to "Wow" people right off the shelves. Because it is sitting next to Star Wars/Disney figures and Legos. And when kids are in stores making their Santa lists a robust open world matters exactly zero.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#30 Posted: 14:54:11 03/01/2016
I think a great way to change up the Skylanders game play, but while keeping it the same, is open world with a controllable camera like The 3D Mario games. It'll make it look entirely new, but at the same time, keep the game-play the series always had.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#31 Posted: 15:03:15 03/01/2016
Infinity doesn't have figures I know and love,it has untexturized designs with blocks of color that really I wouldn't want on my shelf ever. Lego is expensive as heck and I could care less for the lego-ified franchises. You keep going on this point that the Skylanders series is doomed to lose because it's original, defpally,but that's exactly what made it good in the first place. I said it time and again, if every company relied on old stuff and ONLY old stuff,new ideas would never happen and innovation would be a myth. Introducing new things to kids is how you make them really love the characters.
---
#32 Posted: 15:17:57 03/01/2016
Infinity doesn't have figures I know and love,it has untexturized designs with blocks of color that really I wouldn't want on my shelf ever. Lego is expensive as heck and I could care less for the lego-ified franchises. You keep going on this point that the Skylanders series is doomed to lose because it's original, defpally,but that's exactly what made it good in the first place. I said it time and again, if every company relied on old stuff and ONLY old stuff,new ideas would never happen and innovation would be a myth. Introducing new things to kids is how you make them really love the characters.

That sounds like a personal opinion. You don't like Legos so no one does? You don't like Infinity designs or Star Wars figures so no one does? I posted a link above, Infinity has overtaken the other franchises - I guess Fortune magazine should have consulted you to figure out what is really doing best?

I counter your personal opinion with one of my own. Our Infinity figures are the ones we have on display. Our Skylanders (which we have way more of) are in the racks inside the closet. I'd rather have those stylized ("untextured" as you say), but solid and high quality designs than hollowed out blobs where they half the time they can not even manage to get the paint where it belongs (or even try, see the new Pop Fizz variant for a recent example). How many threads do we have to go through talking about the significant quality problems on Skylanders figures before you recognize it?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:23:43 03/01/2016 by defpally
#33 Posted: 15:29:51 03/01/2016
You said that everyone loves it, I just said that isn't true. I don't care if it's selling more, I'm just saying repeating existing franchises isn't the only way to sucess. If you want to be smug about it we can just not talk at all.
Also, VV always had lower quality paintjobs than TFB. Pop Fizz looks bad now,but Fizzy Frenzy's here to prove it can be beautifully textures and incredibly nice to look at. Significant problems aren't widespread to ALL figures just because of some bad apples. Also,being in a forum where people complain more than compliment it's much easier to think that we're the only bad ones, you can probably go to a DI forum and find just the same amount of negativity.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:31:08 03/01/2016 by Bifrost
#34 Posted: 15:48:56 03/01/2016
You said that everyone loves it, I just said that isn't true. I don't care if it's selling more, I'm just saying repeating existing franchises isn't the only way to sucess. If you want to be smug about it we can just not talk at all.
Also, VV always had lower quality paintjobs than TFB. Pop Fizz looks bad now,but Fizzy Frenzy's here to prove it can be beautifully textures and incredibly nice to look at. Significant problems aren't widespread to ALL figures just because of some bad apples. Also,being in a forum where people complain more than compliment it's much easier to think that we're the only bad ones, you can probably go to a DI forum and find just the same amount of negativity.

Fine, then stop replying if you want to "not talk at all".

I've got news for you, VV and TfB don't have separate toy manufacturing. Maybe you should just stop talking if you don't know what you are talking about.

I don't have to go to an Infinity forum, I can go to a store and look at the figures on display. I can't say how many times I've had to go through practically a whole case of Skylanders to find one with acceptable paint. I hardly ever find a quality defect on Infinity figures.
#35 Posted: 15:59:16 03/01/2016
Ok then, smart guy. Explain the difference between the figures in Giants and TT and SF and SC and how suddenly the detailing and paint changes. Bet you don't know that they have separate artists doing the figure models and testing them in their own 3D printers either.

I never had big issues with buying Skylanders or had to look through entire shelves, so what does that make me, a liar? DI doesn't have tons of details in their figures either so of course it'll never have a smudge or splatter around the acessories.
---
#36 Posted: 16:09:16 03/01/2016
Okay, just because Infinity uses characters that are well-known, that does not mean Skylanders is dying. It means Infinity only has a single advantage over Skylanders. Of course Star Wars is going to sell well because it's freaking Star Wars. You could slap a mugshot of Darth Vader on a rock and sell it for a hundred bucks, and chances are someone would buy it.

But, how does that effect Skylanders' longevity? Answer: It doesn't.
---
Check this out! Please?
#37 Posted: 16:13:50 03/01/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Okay, just because Infinity uses characters that are well-known, that does not mean Skylanders is dying. It means Infinity only has a single advantage over Skylanders. Of course Star Wars is going to sell well because it's freaking Star Wars. You could slap a mugshot of Darth Vader on a rock and sell it for a hundred bucks, and chances are someone would buy it.

But, how does that effect Skylanders' longevity? Answer: It doesn't.

Plus infinity's gameplay is weak. I couldn't find a way to progress in the episodes 1-3 playset after the grevious boss fight/
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#38 Posted: 17:02:27 03/01/2016
I think there are some obvious things that went wrong with Skylanders recently that can bring back a lot of fans if they are corrected.

Bring back Battle Mode. Fans like to battle with each other. Especially with online now in the picture, Battle Mode will be better than ever.

Bring back the cards. Some people don't care, but some do. I, personally, really loved the cards. The stickers don't work because they're too flimsy and don't survive long.

Make Online more accessible. People want to play with other people who don't have the same console. Perhaps there can be a sort of Skylander Account you can set up in-game so you can find other player, no matter what console they're on.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#39 Posted: 17:06:09 03/01/2016
Alright,before I end up derailing this, we COULD think gimmick since the other topic is focused on mechs.
The trend has been that a character always ends up being a mini version of a future gimmick. Lightning Rod and Bash to Giants, Fright Rider to Swap Force, Trap Shadow to Trap Team, Tread Head to Superchargers.
We have the scented Splat already,but maybe that's too easy. What do we have now:

Spitfire: mostly transparent figure,mechanics around spinning and dashing into stuff.
Stormblade: Gotta go fast,dunno what else.
Smash Hit: Gameplay about having a weapon in a certain configuration, with ball or just chain. Changing weapon gimmick has been brought up many times here,actually!
Dive-Clops: Previous Skylander's family because of reasons, homing attack based.
Nightfall: Air juggling and speed, figure is part of the base like Lightning Rod.
Astroblast: Reviving upgrade like Night Shift, helper summoner.
Fiesta: Buff based, helper summoner, kinda modern design.
Thrillipede: Paths change gameplay almost entirely with the flight upgrade. Multiarmed, huge figure apparently.
Splat: Scented, really wavy transparent plastic weapon and horns, a lot about dem combos.
High Volt: Shield and tether using, but let's keep down the Just Cause 3 jokes. A lot more professional-looking with the police look.

Quote: 84skylanderdude

Make Online more accessible. People want to play with other people who don't have the same console. Perhaps there can be a sort of Skylander Account you can set up in-game so you can find other player, no matter what console they're on.

Activate is what Acti uses for the mobile games(until Battlecast at least),so there's a method already.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:06:56 03/01/2016 by Bifrost
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#40 Posted: 17:44:13 03/01/2016
I'm glad other users share the opinión of the importance Of PvP online. Now, focusing on the gimmick I believe will be one Of the following (if any):
1) massive crossover with whatever famous franchise (pokemon,sonic,sony characters,nickkelodeon, etc)
2) customizable characters: this could end up un different ways: weapons,armor,gadgets,gems whichturn skylanders into superstate,gems which give elemental skills, changing outfits and colors Of skylanders,etc
3)new gameplay mode: sports, moba,FPS,etc
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#41 Posted: 17:57:04 03/01/2016
I think there are a few concepts left to work with, and they have been foreshadowed by SuperChargers, as well as other Skylanders games:

*Music (Fiesta, Cobra Cadabra, BB Pop Fizz)
*Time (Deja Vu, The Clock Rock, The Future Of Skylands)
*Dreams/Sleep (Sleep Dragon, Dream Sheep, Nightmare Villains, Night-Mare, Nightmare Mode)
*Space (Astroblast, as well as too many other things to count)
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#42 Posted: 18:09:26 03/01/2016
I know DI has sold a few extra thousand starters....not a ton in the scheme of things. I know DI has sold $200 million of toys this season...but we don't know competitor numbers. The article seems like a prop for Disney. I'm not trying to dissolve Acti's problems this year (which has been continuous since Swap Force in my opinion) but if we're comparing franchises, shouldn't we have numbers from all of them before someone simply dictates "winner winner chicken dinner"?

I agree with defpally that doing exactly the same thing next year will erode their market more. I however think that DI is riding high on Star Wars, they will be in the same boat next year if they don't evolve and change. To some extent I agree some consumers depend on brand recognition, and both Legos and Disney have that in spades. As Acti president indicated...Skylanders HAS to be more innovative since their brand is not completely well known, and they've fallen down two years in a row. Innovation doesn't mean different toys either, which is something I think escapes readers here. I think Acti is now depending on Nintendo guest stars to boos their name recognition for those that care more about names than quality gameplay, but they are sacrifcing global usability which was a key core strength of the franchise (along with re usability which has proven to be deprecated). The hardcore people here DO care about how the game plays and the core values that the franchise was founded on, so design mistakes and forsaking some of these core values isn't helping either.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:13:39 03/01/2016 by TakeYourLemons
#43 Posted: 20:03:32 03/01/2016
Ok then, smart guy. Explain the difference between the figures in Giants and TT and SF and SC and how suddenly the detailing and paint changes. Bet you don't know that they have separate artists doing the figure models and testing them in their own 3D printers either.

I never had big issues with buying Skylanders or had to look through entire shelves, so what does that make me, a liar? DI doesn't have tons of details in their figures either so of course it'll never have a smudge or splatter around the acessories.

Sigh. All of the figures are made an painted in the exact same manufacturing plants in China. It doesn't take someone exceptionally smart to figure that out, especially since it isn't even kept secret by them.

It doesn't make you a liar, it just means you don't care about quality issues as much as other people do. You can ask TakeYourLemons (since he is commenting here) about all those times we rifled through the cases at TRU together looking for paint jobs that didn't completely suck.

As far as comparing "detail", well you just need to take a better look at figures like Hulkbuster Iron Man or Darth Vader. They may not have tons of different paint colors, but the details in the figures and the sheer weight of them puts Skylanders to shame. There is more to "detail" than paint selection. Whereas on the other hand they cannot even bother to paint Pop Fizz's hands right. Or get Trail Blazer's colors right. And so on.

Look, this isn't just to hate on Skylanders, I love them - I have tons of them. I spent the morning playing Superchargers with my son, and unlike many I actually really like the vehicle parts.

But, their competitors are doing it better these days. I know exactly when practically every Dimensions or Infinity figure will be released, and can pre-order them - and none will be short shipped and hard to find. I can't tell you when the next Skylanders figure will be in store, and I definitely won't be able to pre-order. Figure quality is higher with the competitors, Lego is well known for their ridiculously low number of defects and we already talked about Infinity. And while I like the game, many others felt it has been falling back since Swap Force. Infinity has massively improved, and Dimensions is really good, too.

If you like Skylanders, you should want them to up their game. They just fell behind for the first time. We already knew some of this due to the quick price drops and huge sales on figures. We knew their sales numbers were way down based on reports.
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#44 Posted: 20:29:22 03/01/2016
Who is:
the developer ? Tfb
the special guest ?A bunch of untested content full of glitches that nobody patches.
what is the gimmick you expect ? 4 or 5 different gimmicks
what I think is going to be in the next game: More features removed (online and path change are going to be removed for sure), and few useless features nobody asked for.

I hope I'm wrong but the chances say otherwhise
#45 Posted: 20:29:43 03/01/2016
They don't make the paintjobs, they do the... Paint. They don't decide if Hex is pitch black or if Pop Fizz has a gradient in his face or if Astroblast has to look like someone reversed the artwork palette,the devs do, they just follow that.

I don't even feel like going on about the specific points, I'll just settle with you don't sound like you even like the series anymore and is just looking for reasons to jump ship. I want them to up their game, improve where it seems like improvement is due, get bigger where bigger has space,not accept that everyone else is doing better and doom and nothing can be done until they do their fans' exact demans(which would just be fast route to bomb if they copies some people's requests around here). It's exactly what happens to the Sonic fandom and other long runners, people complain so much you can't even see what's the point anymore in liking the thing.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:31:31 03/01/2016 by Bifrost
#46 Posted: 20:46:19 03/01/2016
They don't make the paintjobs, they do the... Paint. They don't decide if Hex is pitch black or if Pop Fizz has a gradient in his face or if Astroblast has to look like someone reversed the artwork palette,the devs do, they just follow that.

I don't even feel like going on about the specific points, I'll just settle with you don't sound like you even like the series anymore and is just looking for reasons to jump ship. I want them to up their game, improve where it seems like improvement is due, get bigger where bigger has space,not accept that everyone else is doing better and doom and nothing can be done until they do their fans' exact demans(which would just be fast route to bomb if they copies some people's requests around here). It's exactly what happens to the Sonic fandom and other long runners, people complain so much you can't even see what's the point anymore in liking the thing.

You really seem to have a problem with reading posts before you comment. I just said I like Skylanders and have tons of figures and spent the morning playing it. Are you dense? (and on that "Nightfall Question" thread it was obvious you didn't read there either)

Read. Think. Then craft your response. Try to avoid leaving out the first two steps.

And the paint job is where the problem lies, not where they decide to put which color. Activision uses very cheap manufacturing to make their figures, whereas the Infinity figures are made by a manufacturer that is considered to be very high quality based on the other things they also make. Disney didn't skimp. And Lego makes Legos, their defect rate is absurdly small.

By the way, Sonic failed the way it did because all the games after Sonic 3/S&K sucked. The characters were terrible and the games were buggy messes. It wasn't because they listened to the fans too much. It is what happens when you go 20 years without a single decent game in a franchise.
#47 Posted: 20:54:58 03/01/2016
I know you played, but have you read the word 'sounded'? That's different than 'played',ain't it?

I'll once again bring up some amazing looking Giants and TT figures that make SF and SC look almost bootleg.

Sonic Colors and Generations existed. The problem with the fandom is that no one's attempting to think of what made them good,just laugh at S06 and Boom for the umpteenth time over and live in the past.
---
#48 Posted: 21:54:53 03/01/2016
Swap Force, Superchargers AND Trap Team look almost bootleg at times because Activision has gone cheaper and cheaper on figure manufacturing, not because VV or TfB designed the characters.

And here, I'll quote myself so maybe you will read it this time:

Quote:
Look, this isn't just to hate on Skylanders, I love them - I have tons of them. I spent the morning playing Superchargers with my son, and unlike many I actually really like the vehicle parts.

Does that sound like a guy that is ready to be done with Skylanders and wants an exit ramp? Unlike you, I understand my personal enjoyment has little bearing on the future success of the game. I like it, but it isn't doing well this year. HOW COULD THAT BE? Because my personal opinion isn't what makes or breaks the game. If it were, we would be enjoying Viewtiful Joe 3 or 4 or 10 or something right now instead of the franchise being dead.
#49 Posted: 22:03:25 03/01/2016
That doesn't,but the insistence in bringing up how we'll never work without recognizable characters maybe.

I know of TT figures that don't reflect the ingame colors,not flat color+ glossy color parties, maybe except Bat Spin who seems to have more problem with the plastic than the paint.
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#50 Posted: 22:15:22 03/01/2016
Quote: defpally
But you miss something. Every game has "just figures" these days. Except Infinity has figures of things that you know and love, next year they will likely put out even more Star Wars figures. And if you haven't played it, the gameplay is much better in Infinitythis year - they seem to finally be getting it.

Lego has Legos. Not just figures, but figures you can pull apart and put together in many different ways. And, as I understand their plan is to add content through updates and not release another Starter next year.

Everyone seems to think Skylanders just needs to go back to the roots. Keep in mind sales went down this year before most kids had even played it to figure out if they liked driving or not. Last year with Trap Team we had a more traditional game and it also was starting to lose interest. Driving isn't what is killing Skylanders (oh and many like it a lot, including my kids).

Open world would be a nice gimmick, particularly paired with online. A real online PvP mode would also be cool. But they need something to "Wow" people right off the shelves. Because it is sitting next to Star Wars/Disney figures and Legos. And when kids are in stores making their Santa lists a robust open world matters exactly zero.

people started to lose interest in trap team because of how activision handled the game,figurines releases and to much to buy.. when it comes to online, its the worst that could happen to skylanders. it just opened the flood gate of releasing patches after patches. so i really hope for a sofa co-op and not anything more.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me