Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Psychonauts 2 (fig campaign)
Page 1 of 1
Psychonauts 2 (fig campaign)
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#1 Posted: 02:54:20 29/12/2015 | Topic Creator
For Psychonauts fans, there is a fig campaign currently running to create a goal of 3.3 million to create Psychonauts 2, set to release in 2018. It ends on the 13th of January 2016, so become a backer while you still can.

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/psychonauts-2

I honestly haven't played the first one, and I haven't even heard about Psychonauts until recently, but the game look really good and interesting, and backers get the first game along with the second. I reckon I will back it, but because I currently have money issues I wish the $33 option was still available. >__<

It's quite exciting to see all these kickstarters and fig campaigns for these types of games. We've also had Yooka-Laylee and A Hat in Time recently.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2 Posted: 04:56:33 29/12/2015
Just don't let Tim blow all that money, and we'll be fine.

As someone who loves Psychonauts; I'm excited.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#3 Posted: 08:43:23 29/12/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm thinking about playing the first one on steam since it's only like, a dollar at the moment because of the sales. I reckon I will play some of it first before I back the project.

EDIT: Just bought the game for a dollar. Probably the best deal I've ever had with video games. I don't know why it took me a long time to get Steam; its games can get extremely cheap.

Also, for some reason the game's design and characters reminds me of Nightmare Before Christmas. I think its because they all have this spooky thing about them. xD
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:46:32 29/12/2015 by DarkCynder_543
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#4 Posted: 12:00:28 29/12/2015
Quote: parisruelz12
Just don't let Tim blow all that money, and we'll be fine.

Preetty much. He already botched one game with crazy funding, his team left another to die, and he's become a huge jerk these last few years. As long as he remembers he's reviving the franchise and not just proving he's still popular there'll be funds to get what the game needs.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#5 Posted: 23:16:05 29/12/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm new to this, so I don't know anything about Tim's history. I've heard some bad things about him on tumblr though. :\
---
#6 Posted: 23:17:52 29/12/2015
He's taken to being really rude and uncaring on twitter. I don't remember most of it because it got lost in last year's developer drama,but not only he frequently sides with some crazy people just because of their ideologies,he decided to waste time at a convention to make a sockpuppet joke on the opposing ideolgy we shall not mention. It wasn't even a nice tangent or funny,he took time out of his panel to go 'look at my strawman,it's really what those people say because I said so!'. I think there were some really nasty remarks during the NASA guy with the weird shirt drama as well.
People still respect his work,of course,but not as much as a person.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:19:04 29/12/2015 by Bifrost
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#7 Posted: 00:22:13 30/12/2015
Quote: Bifrost
He's taken to being really rude and uncaring on twitter. I don't remember most of it because it got lost in last year's developer drama,but not only he frequently sides with some crazy people just because of their ideologies,he decided to waste time at a convention to make a sockpuppet joke on the opposing ideolgy we shall not mention. It wasn't even a nice tangent or funny,he took time out of his panel to go 'look at my strawman,it's really what those people say because I said so!'. I think there were some really nasty remarks during the NASA guy with the weird shirt drama as well.

Kinda like with John Kricfalusi.

But back on topic, I hope the funds go where they need to, and that this turns out to be a good game and sequel.
#8 Posted: 00:38:58 30/12/2015
Quote: Bifrost

Oh god that joke. People actually started booing iirc.

AAAAANYWAAAYS; I would just get Psychonauts on Steam for cheap and wait until 2 hits the market. I'd also wait to see how good Psychonauts 2 is. I don't want him pushing his opinions in his games, it's not right to do that, especially when people already fed up with you. You'll lose money fast is what I'm saying.
---
#9 Posted: 01:00:20 02/01/2016 | Topic Creator
I've played a lot of the first one and I'm really liking it so far! I admit that I actually didn't expect it to be quite... crude? Sorry I can't find another word lol. I'm just so used to cartoony platformers having characters not saying a single word that's 'bad' unless they're from Conker's Bad Fur Day. So this is pretty interesting. I also like the humor and gameplay.
My favourite characters would have to be Raz, Lili and the Captain. I think my only complaints so far would have to be how incredibly forced the relationship between Raz and Lili is. I do like them together, but I prefer it when the pairing isn't forced from the very beginning and you don't see it happening when you see their very first conversation. And also how pretty much every character is a jerk for no reason. The bullies and pretty much all the girls who aren't Lili are unbearable.

Also I've decided to back for the $69 one for now. I would love $100 bundle, but I'd rather have one of those extras instead, and like you guys said I shouldn't be chucking all my money at them because of their past experiences. I'm also quite peeved that it's $18 extra to get a PS4 download considering that Yooka-Laylee offered a console copy rather than a Steam copy for free. I'm also confused on what the $80 extra is meant to be.

EDIT: Wait nm I know what they are. I used to love viewmaster reels when I was younger. I would so get one if they weren't really expensive.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:21:57 02/01/2016 by DarkCynder_543
#10 Posted: 22:57:00 03/01/2016 | Topic Creator
bump.

wanted to post this since i find it quite concerning
[User Posted Image]
well that's just great now i don't know what i should do. i don't want to waste money here. i was actually considering going for the physical copies since the more i play the first game the more i love it. but on the fig website it says that he changed it because it was an error? there are other posts saying that the campaign is bad too. i don't know if the fans are just being salty and there's the fact that a lot of the hate is coming from gamergate? although i guess i shouldn't judge since i don't really have a clue what's going on.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 23:11:59 03/01/2016 by DarkCynder_543
#11 Posted: 23:12:26 03/01/2016
Wait,Fig just allows you to do that? Even Indiegogo only allows you to extend the deadline if you're over 60% funded and by fixed 20 days.

I say wait last day or slacker back because you know he'll want more money even after being funded. It might not even be uncommon on Fig but it's a serious disservice if you can make extra days appear; might as well open up a Patreon and wait for the cash to roll in instead of OMG DONATE OR THE GAME WON'T HAPPEN,which is now a big fat lie.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:13:21 03/01/2016 by Bifrost
#12 Posted: 23:19:42 03/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Eh the website says that it was just a bug, but I guess we don't really know the real reason. And this is probably nothing compared to what a lot of game companies do for money, like Activision. I will just keep my original pledge and wait until the last day. If it changes again, then I will lower it. If it doesn't change, I might increase it, but it depends on my financial situation on that day. :

EDIT:

[User Posted Image]

Tim is a part of Fig. That could be a reason.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:21:42 03/01/2016 by DarkCynder_543
#13 Posted: 23:28:28 03/01/2016
Not a good reason,though. The companies do tons of greedy things but they're hardly ever outright lying to customers or going against the good will of a crowdfunding campaign(Shenmue III might be the exception exactly because Sony decided to step in, another case is Red Ash the trainwreck and the out of nowhere chinese company).

I really only hope he doesn't let his ego/greed get in the way of this game, the fans had to wait long enough for something good.
---
#14 Posted: 23:41:03 03/01/2016 | Topic Creator
I guess a good way to tell is wait another 7 days. At this rate the campaign may only just reach it's goal, and if he's greedy then like you said he will probably extend it again for another few days.

3.3 million is a lot though. I mean, Yooka-Laylee only needed a couple hundred, and the over 2 million it got from the kickstarter and paypal combined was a shocker to them. Although I don't really know much about this sort of thing.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:47:39 03/01/2016 by DarkCynder_543
#15 Posted: 01:35:26 07/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Bumped because the goal has been reached. Psychonauts 2 is official!! And the money has been really going up in the last few hours!

And I think I'm about halfway through the 1st game? I'm up to the part where Raz enters that fish's mind and the city is tiny, so Raz is a giant. I got addicted and played it 4 hours straight whops. Kind of worried about the fact that I'm only up to rank 30.
---
#16 Posted: 02:26:45 07/01/2016
Quote: DarkCynder_543
Bumped because the goal has been reached. Psychonauts 2 is official!! And the money has been really going up in the last few hours!

And I think I'm about halfway through the 1st game? I'm up to the part where Raz enters that fish's mind and the city is tiny, so Raz is a giant. I got addicted and played it 4 hours straight whops. Kind of worried about the fact that I'm only up to rank 30.

No, the level after that is about halfway. You're doing fine if you're at level 30, I think? A bit spoilery:
Just make sure you get invisibility and mind reading from Cruller. You're going to need it! Haha.
---
#17 Posted: 05:49:17 07/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Ah ok cool. I just got a bit concerned since I'm not even halfway through the ranks yet. xD

I have Invisibility. Not mind reading though. Thanks for the tip. :)

And at this point, I think it's safe to say that my favourite characters are the main four; Raz, Milla, Sasha and Lili in that order.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:36:31 07/01/2016 by DarkCynder_543
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#18 Posted: 02:01:37 19/08/2016
Development had started long ago, but this is all we get to see:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

And yes, that there is Psychonauts 2 Lead Designer Zak McClendon
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me