darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > welp. there's a employee holiday variant of stormblade
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
welp. there's a employee holiday variant of stormblade
G2nt Yellow Sparx Gems: 1130
#51 Posted: 14:40:42 17/12/2015
Quote: defpally
Quote: Chompy-King257
This is unfair. This shouldn't be an in-game. What are regular collectors like me supposed to do now to complete my Superchargers collection?

Please. Get a grip. Heaven forbid they give employees a nice present for their work on the game. The entitlement is ridiculous.

Get a job there or buy it on EBay if your OCD is getting the best of you. It's just a freaking number on the Stats screen.

There's no need to be a complete arse about it
---
Boop!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#52 Posted: 14:44:19 17/12/2015
Dunno, when it says it's for the employees, you shouldn't be expecting to be given that easily as well. Spend all the thousands,but as far as they care,you're not supposed to buy one for yourself.
It's one thing to talk about the 5 hot streak variants which anyone can get and are just rare,another is a figure that's not on stores and never will be.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:44:57 17/12/2015 by Bifrost
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#53 Posted: 14:56:02 17/12/2015
Quote: ZapNorris
Quote: fairyland
WOW! She's simply adorbs! If she isn't $100+ on ebay, I'd get one! LOL! Wish she was the holiday release instead of boring old Dive-Clops, bleh!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure everyone will have a variant. We are down to three characters without, right? Gill Grunt, Nightfall (unless you count the error) and...was the last one Eruptor?

yep.

WELCOME TO ALTMAGEDDON

[User Posted Image]

i welcome death
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#54 Posted: 14:58:33 17/12/2015
Quote: G2nt

No, there is. Every year, an employee edition is unveiled, and every year, folks go crazy whining about it. Build a bridge and get over it folks. These are awesome gifts to the employes who worked their butts off to make the game - they deserve a little something special to commemorate their hard work.

With all that said, this figure looks amazing. It is a shame we got MTDC as the Holiday variant this year, because *this* is what should have been the variant. MTDC is just not a cool looking figure. This figure is pretty freakin' sweet (and would have made an amazing Lightcore).
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#55 Posted: 15:11:51 17/12/2015
Quote: UncleBob

No, there is. Every year, an employee edition is unveiled, and every year, folks go crazy whining about it. Build a bridge and get over it folks. These are awesome gifts to the employes who worked their butts off to make the game - they deserve a little something special to commemorate their hard work.

With all that said, this figure looks amazing. It is a shame we got MTDC as the Holiday variant this year, because *this* is what should have been the variant. MTDC is just not a cool looking figure. This figure is pretty freakin' sweet (and would have made an amazing Lightcore).

Those Christmas light feathers look sweet...just as good as Missiletow smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#56 Posted: 15:42:14 17/12/2015
So we'll we see a Dev edition also?... Like golden fire kraken...
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#57 Posted: 16:10:07 17/12/2015
Quote: defpally
This is unfair. This shouldn't be an in-game. What are regular collectors like me supposed to do now to complete my Superchargers collection?

Please. Get a grip. Heaven forbid they give employees a nice present for their work on the game. The entitlement is ridiculous.

Get a job there or buy it on EBay if your OCD is getting the best of you. It's just a freaking number on the Stats screen.

Agreed. Most people should ignore the chase or chase+ stuff. Most of it is figure only and only help your registration count in game with the special tag. If you decide to go into this side of the pool, understand it's going to get deep. There's no crying in skylander's collecting either, says Tom Hanks.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:10:46 17/12/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#58 Posted: 16:27:12 17/12/2015
Alright, I'm sorry I'm overacting.

It's just that I'm very confused about this. One minute, people are assuring us that it's just a really cool looking chase variant, and nothing more. The next, people are saying it's an in-game for sure. Nobody has anyway to prove their point, unless I am missing out on something.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#59 Posted: 16:31:56 17/12/2015
They would not pursue in-game variant of a VERY VERY limited Employee Edition...cost/benefit....also, none of the past Employee Only Editions have done that. Technically, we don't know, but I'd wager I'm very much correct.

Also, the resident hacker here has confirmed this was not on the game data, unless of course it got slipped in one of the patches.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:32:42 17/12/2015 by TakeYourLemons
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#60 Posted: 16:34:51 17/12/2015
Quote: WickedRogue
Shes not in game, this one hasn't had as many chase ones compared to the older games. I do find it funny that a lot of people want a Skylander when it becomes forbidden. Otherwise people tend to not want all of them.

Where did you find that out, though?

I saw all the characters in the game. That is just an employee thank you gift. They have been giving these out yearly now.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#61 Posted: 16:37:50 17/12/2015
Shes not in game, this one hasn't had as many chase ones compared to the older games. I do find it funny that a lot of people want a Skylander when it becomes forbidden. Otherwise people tend to not want all of them.

Where did you find that out, though?

I saw all the characters in the game. That is just an employee thank you gift. They have been giving these out yearly now.

So no in-game? Whew, thank you!
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#62 Posted: 19:57:07 17/12/2015
It's likely not an ingame variant. Even though the others haven't had a changed box art, sans "Snowderdash", I don't think they'd make one that was a variant and unable to be obtained by the general public.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
OimakKamio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1643
#63 Posted: 22:45:09 17/12/2015
best chase variant i've seen.
---
Lioned33 PS4
LORD OIMAK XBOX
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#64 Posted: 01:59:16 18/12/2015
Quote: UncleBob

Bingo. And to be honest, I'd say the people whining that they can't make a number go up in the stats over something like this are the ones being an "arse".

Seriously, stop it guys. It happens every year. We get it. You want to stomp your feet like little children over a toy you can't have. It's tiring.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#65 Posted: 02:12:22 18/12/2015
Who was the employee variant of last year, Macy's Eruptor? And that one didn't even work in the game.
Prism Break was normal, Fire Kraken was normal, Snowderdash was normal - why expect this one to be different?
---
#all Spyros are valid
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#66 Posted: 03:06:34 18/12/2015
Wow she's a 1000 times better than missile tow dive clops
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#67 Posted: 03:58:00 18/12/2015
One up for auction on ebay right now. Started at 300 and has a bid. Good luck to whoever here is bidding on it.
---
Stay Cool!
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#68 Posted: 05:45:07 18/12/2015
[User Posted Image]

god dammit

I have to agree there ZapNirris...

But it is good she isn't a In-Game Variant...cause when i first saw your post i was like.."CRAP!! smilie ....another Card i have to make...ARRRGGG!!!!" But its good that members here found out she is not a In-Game Variant....altho i find it odd the artwork on the cardstock shows the Variant paint scheme.

But she dose look verry cool...i really like the idea of making her wing feathers lightbulbs. Also most know i am able to paint my own Variants....but doing her transparant feathers will be a bit tricky.

---
Also finally finished the Dark Card's for those that want a Card for there NightFall. smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#69 Posted: 17:25:51 18/12/2015
I can officially confirm that she is NOT an in-game variant. She shows up as Special in game and almost definitely starts at Level 5 with 2100 gold.

Screenshots will be up in a few hours.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:26:44 18/12/2015 by Matteomax
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#70 Posted: 17:37:01 18/12/2015
Oh,so like the colored transluscent variants, it's cute I guess.

Phoenix_Lord, the plastic was definately custom printed for the lightbulb knives, they're clear like the TT variants :I you'll have to use some tricks with the paint or replace them entirely.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#71 Posted: 20:14:10 18/12/2015
Yes it is Bifrost...a transluscent Variant..well part of here is smilie ...also think she looks way better then Missile-Tow Dive-Clops, but since she isn't a In-Game Variant and Missile-Tow Dive-Clops is....glad we got him instead.

And would have to replace them entirely...there is no tricks with paint to create that look. Since she isn't an In-Game Variant...i'm not going to the work(and i mean long work...would take some time to do it...and i don't have the time with all the Cards i'm making) of mod'in a standard Stormblade to her Employee Edtion Holiday Variant.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#72 Posted: 11:13:50 19/12/2015
[User Posted Image]

More pictures here -> http://imgur.com/a/aTToV/all

• NOT an in-game variant
  • Shows up as "Special" in game
  • Starts at Level 1 with 0 Gold
---
bye
sirxtommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1814
#73 Posted: 17:57:41 19/12/2015
oh thank god for not game variant
#74 Posted: 19:10:16 19/12/2015
Good thing it's not an in-game. She still looks incredible, however, so I will consider trying to pick her up in the future when the prices come down.
---
#75 Posted: 23:51:24 20/12/2015
Why was there any doubt? They never code in game variants for chase or other variants...only widely available Alt Decos.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#76 Posted: 01:22:32 21/12/2015
Only because the cardboard shows a Stormblade with different colors. Until now, there was an unwritten rule that a Skylander appears the same way in the game as it looks on the cardboard.
---
bye
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:03:21 21/12/2015 by newkill
#77 Posted: 04:46:44 21/12/2015
Quote: newkill
Only because the cardboard shows a Stormblade with different colors. Until now, there was an unwritten rule that a Skylander appears the same way in the game as it looks on the cardboard.

Ahh ok, I'll give that one a pass then. smilie
Echo2VX Gold Sparx Gems: 2918
#78 Posted: 07:42:36 21/12/2015
It's so cute!!!!!!!!!!!! Although, this still doesn't top Prism Break and especially Snowderdash. The dark green really isn't a suiting colour for Stormblade
---
Together, we can stop sheep abuse!
Top 10: smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie
Starlight_Shine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1088
#79 Posted: 16:02:18 27/12/2015
She's stunning!
#80 Posted: 19:25:44 27/12/2015
Christmas Peacock!

What, I think she's kind of like a peahen (female Peacock). It's not my thought she looks like a female Lord Shen
---
smiliesmilie
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#81 Posted: 01:26:54 28/12/2015
Damn! She looks great! Wish she wasn't Dev Exclusive. I wish we got her over Missile-Tow Dive-Clops!
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#82 Posted: 10:21:09 01/01/2016
Quote: 4inCreation
It could be just like Snowderdash, and the artwork goes with the "name". The only difference would be that Snowderdash is Swap Force Lightcore, so there is no character art on the box.

Huh, I though snowderdash was only that paint job the sky kids did
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
#83 Posted: 23:44:26 06/01/2016
Quote: SkylandrPurists
Quote: fairyland
WOW! She's simply adorbs! If she isn't $100+ on ebay, I'd get one! LOL! Wish she was the holiday release instead of boring old Dive-Clops, bleh!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure everyone will have a variant. We are down to three characters without, right? Gill Grunt, Nightfall (unless you count the error) and...was the last one Eruptor?

yep.

WELCOME TO ALTMAGEDDON

[User Posted Image]

I understand the interesting smilie variant, but I have two complaints. First, how come she isn't an in-game variant. Second, and please don't be mad at me or offended, but I hate gf. It is the one of the most annoying things in the world. (mlp all over again...only ruining Disney's purity that Wreck-it Ralph, Tangled, Inside Out, Frozen and others created)

You think that is bad, besides Gravity Falls I also dislike Adventure Time, Steven Universe and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, they are all gross to me.

Again, no offense to ANYONE, just my Wierd tastes...but I also loathe Teen Titans Go, the infamous SpongeBob and Breadwinners

BUT I LOVE SKYLANDERS!!!!
---
smiliesmilie
#84 Posted: 02:41:03 07/01/2016
If there ever was a case for breaking the rule on employee variants and doing an in-game variant, THIS IS THE ONE. She is one purty figure.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me