darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > welp. there's a employee holiday variant of stormblade
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
welp. there's a employee holiday variant of stormblade
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 19:25:23 16/12/2015 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

god dammit
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 19:38:44 16/12/2015
Caaaan I call this game Skylanders: Super Variants yet?

But wow this one is actually real pretty. Sure,it's not ingame variant,but the palette isn't half bad, especially with the popsicle? christmas lights? theme. Could've easily replaced Birthday Bash Pop Fizz for a january theme.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:39:17 16/12/2015 by Bifrost
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#3 Posted: 20:04:56 16/12/2015
Alright, tell me one thing:

Why couldn't they have made THIS available to the public along with or instead of Missile-Tow Dive-Clops? Seriously, this one was way more creative than Dive-Clops, plus it actually looks really nice, while Missile-Tow is incredibly cheap looking. He lacks any metallic paint.

Bah humbug, I say. Not dropping money on this.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:06:37 16/12/2015 by Matteomax
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5329
#4 Posted: 20:13:12 16/12/2015
Probably because this variant actually took some money and effort to make.

This irks me because the Employee Edition Skylanders are always beautiful, and unfortunately for me, I like so many other will never even get the chance to own something like this (unlike other chases, which are at least released publicly, albeit sparingly) and a good deal of Employees don't even care for Skylanders and just pawn them off.

Alas, being a grumpy old man comes with the not-rich collector territory I suppose.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#5 Posted: 20:24:43 16/12/2015
arrrgh
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#6 Posted: 20:31:37 16/12/2015
So, this is isn't a in game variant?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#7 Posted: 20:36:16 16/12/2015
IF cardboard background traditions hold up still, it should be an in game variant.
The artwork on the background is the same as the figure, and this in times past has been an indicator of that it is an in game variant.
sigh...
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#8 Posted: 20:40:02 16/12/2015
The variants almost outnumber the actual Skylanders this year. I gotta say they really pulled it off this year. There's only 20 Skylanders? Sweet! Then at the last minute they announce 20+ variants to even it out. They coulda released something like this but less expensive for a Christmas variant too. A Peppermint Splat would've looked amazing, with red and white hair, maybe a red and green paint streak, and a green suit, but no, they had to find an excuse to release another one of their bland wave 1 mascots as usual.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:46:21 16/12/2015 by TrapShadowFan
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#9 Posted: 20:41:39 16/12/2015
Yeah I thought about that too. If the artwork is different it should be in-game.
But damn this Variant's amazing. I'm throwing my money at the screen, hoping that something will happen.

EDIT: And remember the E3 Hot Streak, no one thought it would appear like that in-game but it did.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:44:41 16/12/2015 by Deja Vu
#10 Posted: 20:48:41 16/12/2015
This is unfair. This shouldn't be an in-game. What are regular collectors like me supposed to do now to complete my Superchargers collection?
---
#11 Posted: 21:06:06 16/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: TrapShadowFan
The variants almost outnumber the actual Skylanders this year. I gotta say they really pulled it off this year. There's only 20 Skylanders? Sweet! Then at the last minute they announce 20+ variants to even it out. They coulda released something like this but less expensive for a Christmas variant too. A Peppermint Splat would've looked amazing, with red and white hair, maybe a red and green paint streak, and a green suit, but no, they had to find an excuse to release another one of their bland wave 1 mascots as usual.

ALTMAGEDDON

(preparing a photshop AS WE SPEAK)
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#12 Posted: 21:06:10 16/12/2015
It could be just like Snowderdash, and the artwork goes with the "name". The only difference would be that Snowderdash is Swap Force Lightcore, so there is no character art on the box.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:08:04 16/12/2015 by 4inCreation
#13 Posted: 21:10:32 16/12/2015
Quote: 4inCreation
It could be just like Snowderdash, and the artwork goes with the "name". The only difference would be that Snowderdash is Swap Force Lightcore, so there is no character art on the box.

THIS.
---
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#14 Posted: 21:13:55 16/12/2015
Hmm. I might have to try and get one. I have Snowderdash and shes cool, this one is cool as well.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:14:37 16/12/2015 by SlayerX11
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#15 Posted: 21:27:19 16/12/2015
Source of the picture?
---
bye
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#16 Posted: 21:28:36 16/12/2015
WOW! She's simply adorbs! If she isn't $100+ on ebay, I'd get one! LOL! Wish she was the holiday release instead of boring old Dive-Clops, bleh!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure everyone will have a variant. We are down to three characters without, right? Gill Grunt, Nightfall (unless you count the error) and...was the last one Eruptor?
---
Stay Cool!
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#17 Posted: 21:29:53 16/12/2015

Yes but Snowderdash had a card and it had the regular artwork...
#18 Posted: 21:32:18 16/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: fairyland
WOW! She's simply adorbs! If she isn't $100+ on ebay, I'd get one! LOL! Wish she was the holiday release instead of boring old Dive-Clops, bleh!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure everyone will have a variant. We are down to three characters without, right? Gill Grunt, Nightfall (unless you count the error) and...was the last one Eruptor?

yep.

WELCOME TO ALTMAGEDDON

[User Posted Image]
#19 Posted: 21:55:24 16/12/2015
Quote: Deja Vu

The name on the card is Smolderdash.
#20 Posted: 22:03:15 16/12/2015

So does this mean that Stormblade is in an-game variant or not?

Please don't be....
---
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#21 Posted: 22:39:17 16/12/2015
It looks great.

I've always thought if the box has a different name on it , it is an in-game variant.

E.g. The crystal skylanders arnt called " crystal whatever " they're still just " whatever " so they don't show up different in game.

But I don't collect variants so I'm not certain.

It's such a tease . " this is the high figure quality we can produce ....... But they're only for staff" .

Us fans really don't get treated too well.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:45:18 16/12/2015 by B-BOB358
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3367
#22 Posted: 22:42:49 16/12/2015
Quote: ZapNorris

yep.

WELCOME TO ALTMAGEDDON

[User Posted Image]

I understand the interesting smilie variant, but I have two complaints. First, how come she isn't an in-game variant. Second, and please don't be mad at me or offended, but I hate gf. It is the one of the most annoying things in the world. (mlp all over again...only ruining Disney's purity that Wreck-it Ralph, Tangled, Inside Out, Frozen and others created)
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
#23 Posted: 22:55:25 16/12/2015
Quote:
Two complaints here. First of all, how come this smilie variant isn't an ingame variant? Second...and I apologize (just don't be mad), but I hate gf. It (in my opinion) ruined Disney's purity that Wreck-it Ralph, Frozen, Tangled, Inside Out and other works created.

No offense

What is "gf"? That means girlfriend to me...so your second complaint makes no sense to me.
---
Stay Cool!
#24 Posted: 23:02:54 16/12/2015
Quote:
Two complaints here. First of all, how come this smilie variant isn't an ingame variant? Second...and I apologize (just don't be mad), but I hate gf. It (in my opinion) ruined Disney's purity that Wreck-it Ralph, Frozen, Tangled, Inside Out and other works created.

No offense

What is "gf"? That means girlfriend to me...so your second complaint makes no sense to me.

Gravity Falls....again, sorry if you like the show, not my cup of puri-tea. Get it! LOL!
---
smiliesmilie
#25 Posted: 23:25:54 16/12/2015
Quote: SkylandrPurists
Quote: ZapNorris

yep.

WELCOME TO ALTMAGEDDON

[User Posted Image]

I understand the interesting smilie variant, but I have two complaints. First, how come she isn't an in-game variant. Second, and please don't be mad at me or offended, but I hate gf. It is the one of the most annoying things in the world. (mlp all over again...only ruining Disney's purity that Wreck-it Ralph, Tangled, Inside Out, Frozen and others created)

Okay so two questions. How did you find out this wasn't an in-game variant? Where did you find this out?
Two, HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY HATE GRAVITY FALLS?! Just kidding about that second one, though.
---
#26 Posted: 23:39:38 16/12/2015
Quote:

No offense

Gravity Falls....again, sorry if you like the show, not my cup of puri-tea. Get it! LOL!

[User Posted Image]

I jest I jest, to each their own smilie

Honestly though, with all the variants most characters have in Superchargers now, I'm very, VERY surprised they still haven't made an in-game variant of their precious Gill Grunt. Though by the next game, I'm guessing all characters are gonna get more and more variants to bump the number of figures up at the last minute, while still chanting "There's only 20* figures!"
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#27 Posted: 00:12:33 17/12/2015
...I honestly don't see what all the hoohah is about this variant. It's not Egg-Cited Thrillipede bad and the Christmas lights are a nice touch... but other than that I think it's just kind of meh.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#28 Posted: 00:28:33 17/12/2015
Look guys, I was just trying to let you know my opinion. Then again, I wouldn't have said it if nobody would've posted it. So can we just let it gosmilie and talk about smilie?
---
smiliesmilie
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#29 Posted: 00:56:43 17/12/2015
i want one!!!! stormblade is one of my all time favorites and this is just a cool figure.
#30 Posted: 01:40:29 17/12/2015
Look guys, I was just trying to let you know my opinion. Then again, I wouldn't have said it if nobody would've posted it. So can we just let it gosmilie and talk about smilie?

Okay, here is a question for you: How do you know this isn't an in-game variant?
---
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#31 Posted: 01:43:50 17/12/2015
didnt people look into the game files and confirm no more in game variants. then this would be just another chase like snowderdash
#32 Posted: 01:44:06 17/12/2015
Quote: Chompy-King257

Okay, here is a question for you: How do you know this isn't an in-game variant?

I'm pretty sure it's because someone would have shown it hacked from the game by now, like Blue Splat. I'm happy to see this figure as I thought perhaps the blue figures would be the employee gifting ones.
---
Stay Cool!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#33 Posted: 01:54:23 17/12/2015
It does look cool but they need to stop.

Each new variant of any kind they create is like saying "look at what we did instead of coming up with brand new Skylanders! Look at how we invested our time and money!".

Seriously, if all the resources invested for all the variants released so far were used to create original characters we would of course have had less of them but at least they would have been worth it.

I really wish they could create a game where "20 new figures" means "20 new figures".
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#34 Posted: 02:02:24 17/12/2015
welp

there goes completing my collection on the game
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#35 Posted: 02:20:33 17/12/2015
Quote: Drek95
It does look cool but they need to stop.

Each new variant of any kind they create is like saying "look at what we did instead of coming up with brand new Skylanders! Look at how we invested our time and money!".

Seriously, if all the resources invested for all the variants released so far were used to create original characters we would of course have had less of them but at least they would have been worth it.

I really wish they could create a game where "20 new figures" means "20 new figures".

When they say 20 new figures, they mean "20* new figures (*see back for details)"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:20:51 17/12/2015 by TrapShadowFan
#36 Posted: 02:27:07 17/12/2015
Quote: PwnageFTW
welp

I am pretty sure that it's a chase variant. Again, I am PRETTY sure.
---
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#37 Posted: 02:42:23 17/12/2015
I hope it isn't in game, because I try to collect all in game variants, and I know this won't be cheap on eBay. On one hand, the back of the box has different artwork, and the packaging says Snow-Brite Stormblade, and in the past, both these things have meant it is an in game variant. On the other hand, (and correct me if I'm wrong here) that no employee exclusive has been in game (but we never had (kind of( chase variants in starter, so what do I know?) and the hackers said nothing about a Snow Brite Stormblade in the files.
---
Dead
#38 Posted: 02:48:04 17/12/2015
Is there anyway we can find out is she is in-game or not?
---
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#39 Posted: 03:20:35 17/12/2015
Wow, she looks so much better than Missle Tow.

If this was an in-game variant, I think we would've seen someone leak it already - plus the other employee variants have only been toy-only.
---
#all Spyros are valid
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#40 Posted: 04:05:45 17/12/2015
If this isn't an in game palette, that would officially break the ONE rule of determining if something is a variant or an alt-deco. Every single in-game palette figure has a unique name, ie: with a qualifier. You can always, in the past, know if what you are looking at will appear different in game if it has a distinct name. Crystal Tuff Luck will not look different in game, as "crystal" is not part of the name on the package. Enchanted Star Strike will look different in game, as the figure has a unique name on package. This has always been the ONE thing that without fail distinguishes alternate palettes from variants. Unless they are breaking this rule, my guess is that this figure has an in game palette.

Also, remember that all of the alt-decos were mines from the original release of the game, and that if they want to add new alt-decos, they can easily do so via patch.

If this is an in game palette, I am VERY mad about this, and like many others, will have to pay out the nose for one.

Edit: I pay very little attention to the variants and employee figures, so I didn't realize Snowderdash had a unique name on package, so perhaps this won't be in-game. Though, this figure has a qualifier, and I am not sure that rule has been broken. Someone let me know if it has.
---
Hail Sithis
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:13:18 17/12/2015 by LordElohim
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#41 Posted: 04:24:04 17/12/2015
Is there anyway we can find out is she is in-game or not?

Only way we would know is if an activision employee said so, or if someone who buys one of these figures online says so.
---
Dead
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#42 Posted: 04:41:03 17/12/2015
Quote: PwnageFTW
welp

I am pretty sure that it's a chase variant. Again, I am PRETTY sure.

At best this will register as special and not in-game. This is actually a bit worse than being a chase because this was never intended for public consumption... but the employees know they can get top dollar if they sell it...and so they shall.
#43 Posted: 05:25:39 17/12/2015

So does this mean that Stormblade is in an-game variant or not?

Please don't be....

I guess we could tell by the sticker artwork in the bottom of the pack. If it shows regular Stormblade, then it wouldn't be in-game.

But... What if the sticker was Snow-Bright artwork, name and the whole works, yet it wasn't in-game??? That's just crazy talk.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:26:23 17/12/2015 by 4inCreation
#44 Posted: 05:47:23 17/12/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
At best this will register as special and not in-game. This is actually a bit worse than being a chase because this was never intended for public consumption... but the employees know they can get top dollar if they sell it...and so they shall.

I guess it's cheaper to give them a figure that cost perhaps $1 to make and let them sell it for $300 on ebay rather than give them a $300 bonus in the paycheck. LOL

Still though, those employees get such nice collectors perks...but I doubt they care much as they are probably sick to death of working with Skylanders stuff all the time.

I'm wondering, isn't it time for them start in on making special collectors club figures? Pay $50 a year to get crummy advertiment posters and whatever all year round and a special chance to buy a limited edition figure for $29.95 plus $15 shipping with a 6 to 8 week turn around time every couple of months. LOL I know I would so be in the club if they ever done something as horrible as that just to avoid missing out on some cool release figure.
---
Stay Cool!
Dadskylanders Yellow Sparx Gems: 1410
#45 Posted: 11:16:30 17/12/2015
Well first one is up ebay if you have the cash.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/281887908686
---
Father of future gamers
#46 Posted: 11:46:32 17/12/2015
For those wondering why I thought she was just a chase variant is that I remembered the list of all the alternative decos, and I didn't see her
---
smiliesmilie
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#47 Posted: 12:34:27 17/12/2015
Shes not in game, this one hasn't had as many chase ones compared to the older games. I do find it funny that a lot of people want a Skylander when it becomes forbidden. Otherwise people tend to not want all of them.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#48 Posted: 12:54:40 17/12/2015
Quote: Dadskylanders
Well first one is up ebay if you have the cash.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/281887908686

He could have at least shown the back of the box...
---
#49 Posted: 12:55:09 17/12/2015
Quote: WickedRogue
Shes not in game, this one hasn't had as many chase ones compared to the older games. I do find it funny that a lot of people want a Skylander when it becomes forbidden. Otherwise people tend to not want all of them.

Where did you find that out, though?
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#50 Posted: 14:07:20 17/12/2015
This is unfair. This shouldn't be an in-game. What are regular collectors like me supposed to do now to complete my Superchargers collection?

Please. Get a grip. Heaven forbid they give employees a nice present for their work on the game. The entitlement is ridiculous.

Get a job there or buy it on EBay if your OCD is getting the best of you. It's just a freaking number on the Stats screen.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me