Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Nintendo Direct confirmed November 12th.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Nintendo Direct confirmed November 12th. [CLOSED]
epicLLOYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1880
#51 Posted: 21:58:52 12/11/2015
HYPE TOPIC IS 'ERE
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#52 Posted: 22:25:52 12/11/2015
Fast Racing Neo looks cool as hell but the name sucks.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#53 Posted: 22:39:26 12/11/2015
I need the original Pokemon games......

OMG OMG I NEED IT
GIMME CLOUD AMIIBO NOW!!!!!
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:45:14 12/11/2015 by Seiki
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#54 Posted: 22:46:42 12/11/2015
Congrats Nintendo,you're now selling PS4s instead of your own console.

But smash direct. Smash Direct, please bring us actual good news of the K. Rool kind.

Overall, the direct was good,but c'mon you guys had 6 months to do better than this. So much was already known,and Bill alone can't distract from that.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:48:45 12/11/2015 by Bifrost
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#55 Posted: 22:47:57 12/11/2015
and slowly the hype drains from my very soul
---
My life is complete.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#56 Posted: 22:49:48 12/11/2015
HOLY CRAP THAT SMASH ANNOUNCEMENT THOUGH

Seriously that alone made this direct better than E3 as a whole.
---
Cool cool.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#57 Posted: 22:51:50 12/11/2015
Quote: pankakesparx456

What Smash announcement? What did I miss?
---
Dead
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#58 Posted: 22:52:58 12/11/2015
0/10 no barely iwata remembrance

0/10 no sunshine remake

0/10 no inklings

verdict: 0/1000
---
My life is complete.
#59 Posted: 22:53:05 12/11/2015
Veeery end of it.

It was better for sure, but after all this time everyone was starving for at least some fun moments. It was just that Yokai Watch segment and nothing else. And when you don't have that many new games to announce,you at least try to make people feel like they're not wasting their time.

The new smash DLC isn't the ballot winner though, he looks too finished to have been made in three weeks or so.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:55:03 12/11/2015 by Bifrost
#60 Posted: 22:54:59 12/11/2015
Quote: mega spyro
Quote: pankakesparx456

What Smash announcement? What did I miss?

Cloud from Final Fantasy 7 is a new character.
---
Cool cool.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#61 Posted: 23:00:59 12/11/2015
Great Direct overall. Not what I expected after all this months, but it was good. Now let's wait for the Smash conference.
---
Bruh
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7369
#62 Posted: 23:08:31 12/11/2015
Summary of the Direct from the Nintendo subreddit.
Reggie greets us and thanks us for our support with Iwata's passing.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD coming March 4, 2016. Australian developer helping with the port. Wolf Link coming as amiibo and there will be amiibo features.
Some data from the Wolf Link amiibo saved from Twilight Princess will be available on the new Legend of Zelda for WiiU.

Free update for Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes. Free update with a "Den Of Trials" with 30 areas. New items coming too. Coming December 2.

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon coming November 20. Become 20 different Pokemon. Encounter all 720 Pokemon, and dungeons change each time you visit them.

New content for Splatoon (new stages and equipment). Coming today and tomorrow! New updates will continue until at least next January.

Super Mario Maker 3.3 million courses have been made available to play. New website that allows you to search for specific courses available on PC/mobile. Save favourites and then play them on the WiiU.

Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival Launches as a bundle with 2 AC amiibos but there are plenty of options available. A lot of different game modes.

Mario Tennis: Ultrasmash New shot jumpshot lets you return the ball without the ball touching the ground. There is online mode. amiibo is also compatible, seems to work a bit like Super Smash Bros (learns and grows as you play). Coming November 20.

Xenoblade Chronicles X December 4. Can preload the game from the eShop, can download some of the data if buying the disk.

Nintendo eShop exclusives: Nintendo Badge Arcade (3DS), Pokemon Picross (3DS - free to start. Coming December), SteamWorld Heist (3DS - Nindie), Fast Racing Neo (WiiU - Nindie. Coming December), Typoman (WiiU - Nindie. Coming November 19)

Yo-Kai Watch Little sketch with Bill and Regi. BILL! BILL! Stay tuned for the conclusion.

New WiiU Bundle coming this holiday with Super Smash Bros. and Splatoon. Be ready on Black Friday.

Pokken Tournament New Pokemon fighting game (Tekken x Pokemon). An amiibo card with Shadow Mewtwo will be available in the first production run. Spring 2016.

Star Fox: Zero Fox, Falco, Slippy, and Peppy are back! "Vehicles are so critical to the game you could call them characters." TV shows the craft the player is controlling, gamepad shows a cockpit view. Coming April 22 2016.

Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam is coming January 22 2016.

Final Fantasy: Explorers Coming to 3DS. Coming to Americas in January, includes all DLC released in Japan for free. January 26 2016. There will be a collector's edition will a lot of extras.

Fire Emblem: Fates Purchase either Birthright/Conquest. Both a complete story and a complete game but they show a different side to each story. Purchase one for a discount on the other game. There will be a third game (*Revelation) *that is released later that reveals more of the story. Coming February 19 2016.

Megaman Legacy Collection. Coming to 3DS. Includes for 6 Megaman games. Megaman ammibo unlocks new challenges. There will be a new gold Megaman amiibo released too. Relased February 23 2016.

Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow coming to Nintendo 3DS. Can still trade and battle Pokemon with the wireless connection feature. February 27 2016.

Hyrule Warriors Legends coming to 3DS. Original character named Linkle (female version of Link). March 25 2016.

Bravely Second: End Layer Spring 2016.

Dragon Quest 7: Fragments of the Forgotten Past coming to 3DS in summer 2016.

Dragon Quest 8 coming 2016 for 3DS.

Games from developers coming in 2016: Hive Jump (WiiU), Kerbal Space Program (WiiU), Mighty No. 9 (WiiU/3DS), LEGO Marvel's Avengers (WiiU/3DS), Project X Zone 2 (3DS), Terraria (WiiU/3DS)

Super Smash Bros: A New Challenger Approaches Cloud from Final Fantasy 7 storms into battle!
Super Smash Bros special broadcast coming December 2015.

Wolf Link amiibo, Project X Zone 2, Cloud, HWL, Fire Emblem Fates, Super Mystery Dungeon, Paper Jam and Xenoblade X are what I'm hyped for mainly. It seems the Star Fox graphics have been improved too.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:11:32 12/11/2015 by gillgrunt987
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#63 Posted: 23:15:41 12/11/2015
CLOUD?!
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#64 Posted: 23:19:46 12/11/2015
Definitely getting Pokemon: Super Mystery Dungeon and Pokken Tournament day one as well as Cloud for Smash.

Might get Xenoblade Chronicles X around the time it comes out, but I' still not sure on it yet. It looks incredible but I'm still unsure if it's the type of game I'll enjoy.

I'll hopefully have enough money to get the Fire Emblem bundle after Pokken. I'd really like to have all three versions on my hands.

I'll get Mario and Luigi Paper Jam eventually. I still have to finish Dream Team.

Twilight Princess HD looks cool but I'm probably not going to get it. Twilight Princess never really interested me. Still great for those who love TP. Hyrule Warriors Legends looks cool too. I REALLY want to see more on the next mainstream Zelda for Wii U though. That looks like a Zelda game i'd enjoy.

also LUCAS AMIIBOOOOO

Everything else I'm either not interested i or was just indifferent on.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:22:06 12/11/2015 by pankakesparx456
#65 Posted: 23:25:56 12/11/2015
Will be getting Cloud day 1 as well as his Amiibo. Will get Pokemon as well, but not sure which version Never played Gen 1 and would love to play. Want FE Fates, but still unsure on which or when I'll be able to. Would like all 3 but may start with one and get the other 2 later. FF Explorers seems interesting but will look more into before buying.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#66 Posted: 23:42:27 12/11/2015
so if cloud can get in...

sora for smash???!!!!111
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#67 Posted: 23:55:32 12/11/2015
Cloud is definitely not one of the choices I would make (I swear he used to be considered one of the bad serious choices like Sora or Goku, back before Goku became a meme choice). And considering his history on Sony and relative lack of history (anything significant) on Nintendo I'm kinda questioning why they would bother. But I won't really complain either that he's here and I still intend to pick him up in the same way I intend to pick up all the DLC characters.

I think most of the anger people might have about Cloud is based on how many more logical or popular choices still haven't gotten confirmed or made it in yet (Wolf, Inklings, Shovel Knight). Let's see in December.

Otherwise that was a fairly decent Direct. I don't follow Nintendo news that religiously outside of them and it was nice to just see more gameplay and bits of news about games that are still coming this year and early next year. And really it's a hell of a lot better than the radio silence they were having otherwise.
#68 Posted: 00:00:56 13/11/2015
Tbh I think it's pretty cool that Cloud got in. I mean, Snake got into Brawl, so this isn't really shocking.

I personally would love a Midna and Wolf Link duo to be one, but that's probably never going to happen.

We still have the Smash Ballot.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 00:11:06 13/11/2015 by DarkCynder_543
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#69 Posted: 00:10:04 13/11/2015
Nothing new that's interesting to me, other than the Wolf Link amiibo.
If I had Splatoon, I'd think that content would be nice.

Otherwise it's uninteresting or repeat stuff.
And some release dates.
#70 Posted: 00:20:50 13/11/2015
I'm not going to lie, I'm personally hoping that Sora becomes the ballot winner. xD
Although I do also want Rayman as well...

Also I'm quite surprised that no Inklings have been revealed yet. Maybe next time I guess.

EDIT: I also would love Banjo and Kazooie, who a lot of people seem to mistake for Nintendo characters rather than Rare characters, so they would be perfect. More Mega Man characters like Zero and/or Proto Man would be pretty cool to, same with an Amaterasu and Issun duo, but that probably won't happen until Nintendo finally gets those darn IPs.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:11:42 13/11/2015 by DarkCynder_543
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#71 Posted: 02:00:50 13/11/2015
Finally saw the direct. Most of it was what I expected. The Gen I Pokémon games on the eShop is a welcome sight. Cloud was a legitimate surprise. I'm not entirely convinced he deserves it, even if he is one of the most recognizable FF characters. At least Snake and Ryu actually showed up in games on Nintendo consoles. Can't really say the same about Cloud since FFVII has only been on Sony platforms and PC and Dissidia is also a Sony thing, if I'm not mistaken.

Oh, also, **** Paper Jam. It might as well be called Mario & Luigi: Sticker Star at this point because that's exactly what it is. Probably skipping this game now. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#72 Posted: 02:12:15 13/11/2015
^ Cloud appeared in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (GBA) and Kingdom Hearts: Re Coded (DS) Plus I believe he was in Theaterhythm (3DS). I know he wasn't exactly the star of these titles but it's not like he never been on a Nintendo system at all.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#73 Posted: 02:20:10 13/11/2015
He's also in Final Fantasy Tactics on the GBA and the upcoming Final Fantasy Explorers on 3DS.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#74 Posted: 02:41:31 13/11/2015
To be honest I'm not really getting why they'res so much hate. I thought Snake was more out of place tbh.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#75 Posted: 02:44:33 13/11/2015
Oh, I don't hate it. But you have to admit there's a lot of swordsmen in the game now. XP
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#76 Posted: 03:05:51 13/11/2015
...Bravely Second! :D

[User Posted Image]
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#77 Posted: 03:19:32 13/11/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
He's also in Final Fantasy Tactics on the GBA and the upcoming Final Fantasy Explorers on 3DS.

Tactics itself wasn't on GBA, a spin-off "Final Fantasy Tactics Advance" was. Despite the misleading title, it's not a remake/port but an entirely different game. From what I've seen, he's not in the GBA game.

Quote: DarkCynder_543
To be honest I'm not really getting why they'res so much hate. I thought Snake was more out of place tbh.

Considering he's only made guest appearances in games on Nintendo systems and not starred in one it causes some fuss as to how much he qualifies. I also saw a reddit post claiming that he was the poster-boy for "anti-Nintendo sentiment" in the 90's.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:35:50 13/11/2015 by Seiki
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#78 Posted: 03:32:14 13/11/2015
Pretty good, I liked the Smash Bros and Splatoon stuff mostly.

Also Linkle, SHIP INTENSIFYING!
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#79 Posted: 03:44:17 13/11/2015
They showed Zelda Wii U for 10 seconds.

BEST NINTENDO DIRECT EVER
---
Spread those positive vibes
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#80 Posted: 03:53:55 13/11/2015
These were the selling points from the Direct for me:

1. Cloud and Midgar Stage coming to Smash Bros. 3DS & Wii U
  2. Pokemon Red, Blue & Yellow coming to 3DS Virtual Console
  3. Pokken Tournament
  4. Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
  5. Star Fox Zero
---
Hail to the King, baby!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:54:40 13/11/2015 by Iblistech
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#81 Posted: 03:57:57 13/11/2015
Quote:
"anti-Nintendo sentiment" in the 90's.

That's what Sonic was for.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#82 Posted: 05:46:54 13/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Well, I finally got to see the Direct and it was quite something.

-First, I'm surprised at the lack of a large Iwata tribute. I suppose it's been a while, but still...

-I talked with Sess a little while back about TP HD and I'm glad he's actually gotten the remake he wanted. The game seems pretty cool and I'll probably pick it up. I'm a bit surprised Wolf Link's the only new LOZ Amiibo too, as I was kinda expecting a full set like Mario got. The Zelda U footage caught me completely off guard.

-No Octolings still, but I absolutely love the new stages and gear that they have added. The two stages look to be the most dynamic stages they've made so far and I can't wait to play them. (Especially Mahi-Mahi Resort, I think that's already in my top 3 favorites.)

-I appreciate them trying to fix the search function by adding the website, but I think it'd be a bit easier if it were built in to the game itself. It's something though, and it continues to show that they're listening to the fans complaints. Hopefully it's only a matter of time until Slopes are added.

-I'm glad we finally got the 3DS Badges here. I remember a few months ago seeing the JP version on TheBitBlock and really liking how it looked.

-Not really interested in Yo-Kai Watch at all. I'll pass.

-I'm really hoping for some actually new Pokemon to be revealed instead of variants of normal Pokemon in Pokken. I know Mewtwo isn't in Pokken, but I'd rather have him than the Shadow version. I'm hoping for Electivire.

-Star Fox Zero is looking a lot more fun and full of personality than before. Kinda disappointed in the April release date though.

-Paper Jam is looking as bland as ever. I'm really not looking forward to the single redeeming part of Nintendo's 2015 E3.

-I really want the Gold Mega Man, but I don't know if I want to buy the bundle. I'll have to sit on that one for a little bit.

-I remember asking myself back in 2012 why the Gameboy Pokemon games weren't on VC. I brought it back up with Sess about a month ago and we thought it might have to do with problems with the Pokemon Company and just how old those games are, but here they are 4 years later. It's a nice surprise!

-Linkle seems pretty cool, but I'm still hoping for Groose to get in Hyrule Warriors Legends.

-And then we have the part I was looking forward to the most, Smash Bros. I wasn't expecting much. Maybe Wolf, Inkling, or K. Rool and a stage.

Instead we got Cloud Strife, I guess.

Maybe I might be a little bit more keen on this if I was an actual FF or even Square Enix fan, but since I couldn't care less about those games I'm not excited. I was already hoping for no more 3rd Parties. It's just disappointing to see the time go to another 3rd party instead of a new 1st party newcomer. At least it doesn't hurt K. Rool's chances that much. I'm excited for the December Smash Direct though.
#83 Posted: 06:00:30 13/11/2015
i think the main highlight for me is this:

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:23:37 13/11/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#84 Posted: 14:16:50 13/11/2015
Also, it was most likely unintentional, but I found it hilarious that during the Dragon Quest announcement the footage had lines like '[the enemy] rears its head and thrusts a powerful attack!'. Is Bill proud to announce that DQ got finally localized or that he could go crazy with it, since that's his job? :U
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:17:14 13/11/2015 by Bifrost
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#85 Posted: 16:34:43 13/11/2015
wheres the yokai watch euorpe release date??? >:^(
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#86 Posted: 02:07:13 14/11/2015
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
wheres the yokai watch euorpe release date??? >:^(

2016, just import an australian copy, it'll work in european 3ds'.
---
words. letters. filler.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me