darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Why is light and dark everything so expensive?
Page 1 of 1
Why is light and dark everything so expensive?
Couragefan09 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3392
#1 Posted: 04:53:21 09/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Minus the Trap Master singles, of course. Blackout, Spotlight, all the light and dark traps, and the expansion packs, good luck getting any of them under 40 dollars. What the heck happened here? Of all the figures, you'd think that these are the ones they would have mass produced. I got lucky and managed to get all of them at retail price when they first came out, but the prices they're going for right now are ridiculous. I feel bad for anyone who didn't jump the gun on these because now you have to pay a fortune and you're unlikely to find them in an actual store anymore. It's even stranger that these remain expensive when the Kaos Trap is down to a much more reasonable price after being impossible to find for the majority of the game's lifespan. Is this going to end up like how things were with Spyro's Adventure? A bunch of characters were massively expensive for awhile and then a few years later they go down to a much cheaper price? I mean, I remember when Wham Shell and Ghost Roaster were impossible to obtain but now you can get Ghost Roaster used for around 14 dollars and Wham Shell can be gotten in-box for around the same price. Heck, even Boomer can be obtained for cheap now and there was a while where you couldn't get him under 50 bucks for ages.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#2 Posted: 15:44:02 09/11/2015
Demand vs Quantity Produced

In my mind they didn't produce enough to fulfill demand.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#3 Posted: 21:26:49 09/11/2015
Kicking myself for not getting a Spotlight or Blackout, but I've seen lots of them in stores so I know that they are out there. Same with Scratch as I seen loads of her and then she became rare suddenly. Same with that Fire Bone Hot Dog. I'm not too worried as I remember Ghost Roaster being so in demand and I had at least 5 of him bought from garage sales in the past two years and seen dozens of them at Gamestop. I'm pretty sure demand will lower and the prices will become fair enough for the cheap buyer like myself to get the dark figures and the other currently higher priced figures.
---
Stay Cool!
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#4 Posted: 13:02:29 10/02/2016
Midnight Museum and Sunscraper Spire are ridiculously priced at the moment by third party sellers. I don't understand how someone can have 19 of them and sell them for $79. Do they really think they will sell at that price point?
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#5 Posted: 15:42:57 10/02/2016
Well there is always hope and the second hand store .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#6 Posted: 22:18:26 10/02/2016
It's the law of you waited to long to buy it! We all know that every skylanders game has always had it figures that are hard to find and cost alot. It is all done on purpose it is so the people that bought 19 copies can sell it to you for 79.00 because you did not buy it in the first place. Always buy what you see and want because later you will still want it and it will be gone.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#7 Posted: 13:05:43 11/02/2016
I don't think that's fair of you to claim at all. I have never seen either pack in person and I live in NYC. In fact, I've never seen light and dark anything in store before SuperChargers.
#8 Posted: 17:42:21 12/02/2016
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
I don't think that's fair of you to claim at all. I have never seen either pack in person and I live in NYC. In fact, I've never seen light and dark anything in store before SuperChargers.

I've seen a pack ONCE in a store, but I agree. it's simply not produced in any measurable quantity definitely not at the Stealth Elf or Spyro level.
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#9 Posted: 18:33:48 12/02/2016
I was able to talk an employee into giving me mine early other wise i'd probably never of gotten any of them. Sadly my packaging for both the sets was damaged and I had to open them, but that's okay.
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#10 Posted: 04:24:45 17/02/2016
I feel like light and dark traps are never going to go down in price. I was waiting for them to go down for a while, but I ended up caving because they seem to keep selling for higher and higher prices on ebay.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:26:14 17/02/2016 by Muffin Man
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#11 Posted: 05:23:06 17/02/2016
Quote: fairyland
Kicking myself for not getting a Spotlight or Blackout, but I've seen lots of them in stores so I know that they are out there. Same with Scratch as I seen loads of her and then she became rare suddenly. Same with that Fire Bone Hot Dog. I'm not too worried as I remember Ghost Roaster being so in demand and I had at least 5 of him bought from garage sales in the past two years and seen dozens of them at Gamestop. I'm pretty sure demand will lower and the prices will become fair enough for the cheap buyer like myself to get the dark figures and the other currently higher priced figures.

Quoting myself as since I wrote this, I managed to get Scratch and Fire Bone Hot Dog on the cheap in December TRU sale. Traded a Punk Shock for a Blackout. Now I only need a Spotlight and of course the traps. I still believe that they'll all be obtainable but only over time. I've seen way too many of them and I doubt serious fandom will outnumber supply in years to come. My local Gamestop just got in a TT collection including a Knightmare, Egnima and other currently harder to get in the wild figures, so I really believe this year I'll see more of that happening as it generally takes two to three years for people to toss away stuff like this for pennies on the dollar to a reseller or a garage sale.
---
Stay Cool!
#12 Posted: 10:42:07 17/02/2016
Quote: Muffin Man
I feel like light and dark traps are never going to go down in price. I was waiting for them to go down for a while, but I ended up caving because they seem to keep selling for higher and higher prices on ebay.

Correct. Why would they if too many people went without (if they were depending completely on retail and don't do eBay.) I'm completely convinced they limited supply of light / dark on purpose to create a "collector's item".
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:43:17 17/02/2016 by TakeYourLemons
Spybomb Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#13 Posted: 04:39:51 26/02/2016
All depends upon where you look I found a light owl for 3.99$ at a local second hand shop.
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#14 Posted: 14:14:47 26/02/2016
They used to have a whole bunch of Knight Lights and Knightmares where I am. I only ever saw a couple of Blackouts and Spotlights before, though. (Spotlight was super hard to find.) Fortunately, I managed to grab the ones I needed, but the eBay prices are indeed horrendous.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me