Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All Purpose Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Topic V4!
First | Previous | Page 18 of 19 | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
The All Purpose Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Topic V4!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#851 Posted: 15:48:06 29/04/2016
Quote: MugoUrth
Quote: The Bone Chompy
I feel like Mugo is laughing behind a computer reading our responses to his bait, guys stahp feeding him.

But hey I'll put my two cents in:

Mugo, you've been arguing that Sheik is a terrible character, yet the strongest player in the world mains him.
Corrin may seem like a overly serious human, but remember, he/she is HALF DRAGON. At least Corrin is somewhat...to your tastes?
Bayonetta is human...but she is in no way "serious" and utterly and completely different compared to the Fire Emblem characters.

Yaaaaay can we stop now

Nope. If you keep bringing it up, the conversation will go on. If you want it to end, let it die instead of trying to get the last word, please.

1: So? That just means he's really really good, that doesn't mean the character is.
2: ALL Non-human or bust for me. That's why I am not satisfied with Felicia or Morrigan as the "non-human" characters in Project X Zone. They're just humans with wings, tails and fur.
3: Actually, she is. Just because she summons demons and has a wishy washy personality that "sort of" resembles whimsy doesn't make her not serious, or really any different from the similar human characters.

Look, my opinions are never going to change, no matter how many times you tell me they're wrong, okay? NOW can we stop?

By the way, does anyone know what the current tier roster is. People usually post tiers when they get updated, but I don't think anyone's done that for the last update yet.

I haven't seen it, but I'm going to assume Lucario, Greninja and Pit are top tier because they're my favorites.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#852 Posted: 16:38:26 29/04/2016
The 4BR hasn't made a new tier list yet.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#853 Posted: 17:35:54 29/04/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: The Bone Chompy
I feel like Mugo is laughing behind a computer reading our responses to his bait, guys stahp feeding him.

But hey I'll put my two cents in:

Mugo, you've been arguing that Sheik is a terrible character, yet the strongest player in the world mains him.
Corrin may seem like a overly serious human, but remember, he/she is HALF DRAGON. At least Corrin is somewhat...to your tastes?
Bayonetta is human...but she is in no way "serious" and utterly and completely different compared to the Fire Emblem characters.

Yaaaaay can we stop now

Nope. If you keep bringing it up, the conversation will go on. If you want it to end, let it die instead of trying to get the last word, please.

1: So? That just means he's really really good, that doesn't mean the character is.
2: ALL Non-human or bust for me. That's why I am not satisfied with Felicia or Morrigan as the "non-human" characters in Project X Zone. They're just humans with wings, tails and fur.
3: Actually, she is. Just because she summons demons and has a wishy washy personality that "sort of" resembles whimsy doesn't make her not serious, or really any different from the similar human characters.

Look, my opinions are never going to change, no matter how many times you tell me they're wrong, okay? NOW can we stop?

By the way, does anyone know what the current tier roster is. People usually post tiers when they get updated, but I don't think anyone's done that for the last update yet.

I haven't seen it, but I'm going to assume Lucario, Greninja and Pit are top tier because they're my favorites.

smash update 1.hihd
---
you never saw me
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#854 Posted: 02:36:34 30/04/2016
So... Who do you think is top tier? Bayo and Rosa literally counter each other. Bayo can abuse the large htibox and witchtime while Rosa can use Luma to space Bayo away or end combos.
#855 Posted: 03:25:29 30/04/2016
Witch Time isn't abuseable against a compotent Rosalina player because of Luma. Or even a competent player in general. The weakness of Witch Time is that it requires the opponent throw out a move. So just bait and punish Bayonetta so she can't use it without getting flustered.

Rosalina's large hurtbox doesn't matter much because she is floaty enough to easily DI out of Bayonetta's combos. Her crouching hurtbox gets her under stuff too, such as Bayonetta's Neutral B.

Rosalina has the advantage in that MU pretty easily since Bayonetta can't approach well. And Rosalina is a character that excels at walling out even the best approach games.

I always thought Rosalina was the best potential wise, so that hasn't changed. She's actually better off now, since Sheik, ZSS, and Meta Knight, her 3 biggest adversaries, all got nerfed in ways that clearly skew the MUs in Rosalina's favour. The worst she has to deal with now is Cloud, but she doesn't even have a terrible time against him either, that one is sort of even-ish.

I think Bayonetta will be top tier results wise though, due to having better players backing her (Rosalina has a poor player base), and just having more players in general. Not only is she more in-line with the "EZ combos game" that Smash tryhards are known to obsess over, but even from a pure aesthetics standpoint, Bayonetta is a seductive lady with guns and an attitude, while Rosalina is a reserved space goddess that is also a mom to little star plushies. It's quite obvious who will be the favourite in the Smash fan base, which is full off sweaty try hard dudebros who are also probably closet anime fanatics.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#856 Posted: 16:32:14 01/05/2016
so i'm okay with junior

pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#857 Posted: 23:58:38 05/05/2016
A Story of Salt, starring pankakesparx456

The other day I was playing against a friend on the 3DS version of Smash. I was Bayonetta and he was Cloud. And twice during our matches, my friend spikes me with Cloud's uair and manages to snap to ledge both times for the winning ko. I was salty but we ended up dying of laughter in just the sheer amount of disrespect that I had endured in both of those moments.

Later that day when I got home I booted up the Wii U version to try and polish my skills both on the Wii U version and as Bayonetta, and my brother came in and played with me. I thought this would be easy since I have beaten my brother a lot, despite both of us pretty much being at the same skill level in this game. His new main for the game is Cloud. My brother goes and does the exact same thing my friend did as Cloud and spikes me with Cloud's uair for the win. Twice. Now at this point I'm both salty and not even mad and my spirit is partially broken.

Enter For Glory, where I decide to try refining my skills. After a few wins, I run into a Lucas player that manages to disrespect me and destroy my shield and taunt before winning against me. Then a few matches later, I run into a Ryu player that manages to lock me into an infinite where I frantically try to escape but I am no match for this infinite lock and he drags me across the entire stage and spikes me for the win. My will to play Smash is completely gone and my spirit is completely broken and I'm all like:

But hey later that day my brother and I played online and we found a team of players that might be related to Mad Dawg in some way because oh my god they were terrible at the game so hey at least my dignity is saved and recovered... or is it???

This has been A Story of Salt, starring pankakesparx456
---
Cool cool.
#858 Posted: 05:19:17 06/05/2016
Sheik has amazing edge guard tools. One of the best in the game in my opinion. You can do 3 of her ariels, bouncing fish, needles to bouncing fish, up b, and even side b.
Camo22 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3501
#859 Posted: 02:24:34 10/05/2016
My schools first Smash Tournament started!

The tournament is a double elimination with omega stages only, 2 stocks, 5mins, best of 3 rounds with one character for all the tournament. We had 7 players, so we decided to add a level 8 com so we can make it an even 8 tournament. Of course I played as Sonic.

In round 1, I was against a Zero Suit Samus. I won the first battle, then ZSS won the second one. Luckily, because of a jab lock, I won the third and final battle! So I'm off to round 2 next week! smilie
---
=Fixing Theories since Sep, 2015 / Deviant Art =
#860 Posted: 02:57:55 10/05/2016
In my opinion you should have done the strike system instead of FD only. :/
#861 Posted: 04:38:55 16/05/2016
Yeah! I'm moving onto Round 3 of the Winners Bracket. We organised a 8 player tournament, but only 7 turned up, so we decided to make a Lv 8 Com, King Dedede (Don't ask why a Level 8 and not a 9, because even I don't know) as the missing member. I battled, and destroyed it today. So, I move into the winners semis! smilie
---
#862 Posted: 10:35:28 17/05/2016
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/axfj/update/index.html

Hide yo replays.
---
#863 Posted: 12:24:06 17/05/2016
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Does this include the 3DS?
---
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#864 Posted: 14:01:27 17/05/2016
Quote: Camo22

Yes, but you have to manually update the 3DS version. For the Wii u one, it does it as soon as you launch the game up, so on the 3DS you can keep your replays for as long as you want, as long as you don't update.
#865 Posted: 16:16:59 17/05/2016
The patch size will be 61MB for the Wii U version and a whopping 325MB for the 3DS version.

What the heck are they doing with the 3DS version?
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#866 Posted: 16:18:47 17/05/2016
The patch size will be 61MB for the Wii U version and a whopping 325MB for the 3DS version.

What the heck are they doing with the 3DS version?

ICE CLIMBERS!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#867 Posted: 21:09:41 19/05/2016
So data-miners got some patch notes out for the upcoming patch already.

Literally the only character that was changed was Bayonetta. They nerfed her a lot. Her 0-KO combos are pretty much just gone.

http://smashboards.com/threads...cussion.436806/
---
Batzooka119 Ripto Gems: 720
#868 Posted: 13:08:43 20/05/2016

Literally the only character that was changed was Bayonetta. They nerfed her a lot. Her 0-KO combos are pretty much just gone.

I just don't get why they don't nerf Falco.
#869 Posted: 14:03:38 20/05/2016
Quote: Batzooka119

This isn't Melee tho.
---
#870 Posted: 15:26:09 20/05/2016

Falco is crap in this game.
ThefirstNapkin Blue Sparx Gems: 699
#871 Posted: 21:17:06 20/05/2016
Quote: somePerson

Falco is crap in this game.

RIP Flaco Lamborghini, down the tier list you go. On the Bayonetta thing, while I can't say I think the nerfs should've been that harsh, I agree that she needed to be hit and I'm happy we can actually SDI out of stuff now, because every Bayo fight was infuriating.
---
"If you can't show proof that you're alive, it might as well be the same thing as being dead."
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#872 Posted: 21:36:01 20/05/2016
tfw u main Bayo and she gets hella nerfed to the point where Greninja is laughing:

[User Posted Image]
---
Cool cool.
#873 Posted: 21:39:29 20/05/2016
But do she got a booty?
---
"If you can't show proof that you're alive, it might as well be the same thing as being dead."
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#874 Posted: 21:50:34 20/05/2016
Greninja needs another nerf.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#875 Posted: 21:54:10 20/05/2016
Greninja for EVO, boys.
---
#876 Posted: 00:42:53 21/05/2016
1.1.6 update confirmed Melee 2 guys. You can wave dash with Fox now and they buffed his shine to be active in the first frame and allows you to jump out of it.
#877 Posted: 05:58:53 21/05/2016
1.1.6 update confirmed Melee 2 guys. You can wave dash with Fox now and they buffed his shine to be active in the first frame and allows you to jump out of it.

What are you talking about, the new patch obviously adds the Ice Climbers and the ability to wobble, get your facts straight.
---
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#878 Posted: 23:45:16 22/05/2016
ahahahahhaha bayo got nerfed hard.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
#879 Posted: 02:05:04 23/05/2016
Zero lost his first national at Get On My Level to Ally.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:17:43 23/05/2016 by somePerson
#880 Posted: 03:35:19 23/05/2016
Zero lost his first national at Get On My Level to Ally.

And as the scarf fell, we all knew that our god had fallen.
---
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3080
#881 Posted: 14:00:52 24/05/2016
is it just me or do bayonettas nerfs not really matter except for like her dive kick one like honestly i never used death combos so this doesnt really affect me and im still doing good with bayo
#882 Posted: 15:28:41 24/05/2016
Quote: Underian
is it just me or do bayonettas nerfs not really matter except for like her dive kick one like honestly i never used death combos so this doesnt really affect me and im still doing good with bayo

The dive kick allowed her to abuse hitstun lag which allowed her to push opponents out of the kill zone.
#883 Posted: 21:17:46 24/05/2016

The dive kick allowed her to abuse hitstun lag which allowed her to push opponents out of the kill zone.

okay.
#884 Posted: 21:30:37 24/05/2016
The Bayonetta nerfs don't mean a whole lot if you aren't a high level player.

Casual Bayonetta play is literally just Side B, Up B, and Witch Time all day.
---
#885 Posted: 04:13:55 25/05/2016

is this supposed to be insulting to me just because i want to play this game casually
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#886 Posted: 11:34:49 25/05/2016
Quote: Mesuxelf

Yes, but you have to manually update the 3DS version. For the Wii u one, it does it as soon as you launch the game up, so on the 3DS you can keep your replays for as long as you want, as long as you don't update.

Wait, what's going on? That site's in Japanese.
#887 Posted: 12:06:35 25/05/2016

is this supposed to be insulting to me just because i want to play this game casually

No, I'm saying the nerf doesn't effect you much other than Downwards Afterburner Kick being completely useless now.

Casual Bayonetta is literally just Side B, Up B, and Witch Time all day because scrubs on For Glory don't know how to handle even that much (either that or lag is getting in the way).
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#888 Posted: 16:32:38 25/05/2016
Quote: Mesuxelf

Wait, what's going on? That site's in Japanese.

An update happened which means as usual, replays from previous updates are unplayable. The replay only serves to nerf Bayonetta from what i"m seeing.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#889 Posted: 17:20:00 25/05/2016
The only other thing the patch did was do a little background thing that most people here probably wouldn't understand as it hasn't got to do with the game mechanics and is more of a technical thing.

You can read about it here though.

http://sourcegaming.info/2016/05/21/116updateinfo/
---
#890 Posted: 18:11:00 29/05/2016
Anybody want to smash with lag?
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#891 Posted: 18:21:10 29/05/2016
Patch 1.1.6 is out and I'm like
"This Dat Boi skin mod for Greninja looks nice"
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#892 Posted: 00:41:50 31/05/2016
I have a question,

I was learning about staling/spamming moves and about how it effects damage and knockback. I wanna know if pummelling effects this, and in what way? Like, does each hit make the damage lower, or is it every time I grab, then pummel that the damage gets lower, or does pummelling not effect anything?
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#893 Posted: 00:47:20 31/05/2016
The new Street Fighter update looks promising.

---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#894 Posted: 00:52:26 31/05/2016
I have a question,

I was learning about staling/spamming moves and about how it effects damage and knockback. I wanna know if pummelling effects this, and in what way? Like, does each hit make the damage lower, or is it every time I grab, then pummel that the damage gets lower, or does pummelling not effect anything?

I don't think pummeling has any effect from being staled. What I'm curious about is if it resets moves like Fox's lasers.

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjhrDN3VAAAeP-2.jpg/img]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:18:20 02/06/2016 by somePerson
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#895 Posted: 06:44:44 05/06/2016 | Topic Creator
I was playing with a few friends a little bit ago who didn't know anything about these new games and it really made me realize how great a roster we have this time. They were super excited to see huge characters like Pac-Man, Little Mac, Mega Man, Villager, the Wii Fit Trainer, the Duck Hunt Dog and Duck, and more added to all their favorite characters from last time, saying how they were in heaven over the characters. It made me remember back in the speculation days when these characters were still new and fresh, and as said before, it put the fact that these characters are finally in Smash in perspective again. It got me really excited to be honest.

I feel like while the Smash speculation period was really nice, by the end of it everyone got really off track about the whole thing. People, myself included, were so worked up over characters like Ridley, King K Rool, Snake, Wolf, Rayman, etc., not being in the game that they got really disappointed and pessimistic about the roster. Really though, people got into Smash speculation because it was fun and exciting seeing all the new characters be introduced to the series. The fact that we have so many great new characters that we take for granted simply because they were announced a while before the game was released (Mega Man was way old news by the time the game came out), that it seems really petty to just disregard all that simply because one or two fighters you like didn't get in instead. No matter how you look at it, the new roster is just wonderful and Sakurai and the Smash team really outdid themselves here.

I don't know, I was just thinking about this a bit lately. That's my personal thoughts on the roster for now. Carry on.
#896 Posted: 21:18:55 05/06/2016
The entire speculation period for Smash 4 was awful because it was dictated by "leaks" and misconceptions on certain characters.

The game's roster is more than fine. While there are a few characters that would have been great to see that didn't make the cut, I still got some of my most favourite characters in the game (Sonic, Rosalina, Link, etc), and then there are other characters I like that are huge to have in Smash (Mega Man, Pac-Man, Cloud, etc).

As well as that, I have come to play some of these character's games since they got into Smash. While I still haven't finished it, I have played a ton of Xenoblade Chronicles and that game is a pure gem, and I wouldn't have had an interest if it weren't for Shulk being in Smash. Same with Fire Emblem. I liked how Corrin played and decided to pick up the Special Edition of Fates. Currently playing through Birthright and I love it. I also use Marth, Ike, Robin, and Lucina in it because of the amiibo functionality. And I got to use them in Codename STEAM too, and that's helped me get more attached to them. I also got into Star Fox while waiting for Smash, and later Star Fox Zero.

The roster is really the least of the game's problems. The game has a lot of other problems though that make it overall disappointing to me.
---
#897 Posted: 04:52:48 06/06/2016
Welp, I'm in the finals at school! I have not lost a match yet, so I have a full game advantage. Finals should be tomorrow, so wish me luck!
---
#898 Posted: 02:16:03 12/06/2016
I've spent today figuring out how to mod Smash Wii U and I'm really close.

By tomorrow I should have mods up and running and after that I will look into making my own.

EDIT: IT'S WORKING

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:04:48 12/06/2016 by sonicbrawler182
#899 Posted: 20:56:30 17/06/2016
Bumping hoping to get some interest, but I uploaded my first Smash mod today. It's a mod that replaces Rosalina's voice clips (she's voiced by Kerri Kane in this game, who did her voice in various 3DS games like Mario Kart 7) with Mercedes Rose voice clips (who did her voice in the Galaxy games and Mario Kart Wii).

If you're already set up for Smash modding and understand how it works (I'm assuming anyone who would download the mod is in that boat), then you can download the mod and use it yourself from here:

http://gamebanana.com/sounds/30892

EDIT: Have English VA Marth too.

http://gamebanana.com/sounds/30893

---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:03:29 17/06/2016 by sonicbrawler182
First | Previous | Page 18 of 19 | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me