Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All Purpose Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Topic V4!
First | Previous | Page 8 of 19 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19
The All Purpose Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Topic V4!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#351 Posted: 22:03:30 16/12/2015
Considering some game covers, Bayonetta amiibo would have no issue unless someone started causing trouble over it,and even then Nintendo would probably resort to only pulling that on the specific country it happened on.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:03:40 16/12/2015 by Bifrost
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#352 Posted: 22:42:22 16/12/2015
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: GhostRoaster617
One more actual thing that could happen. Expect Bayonetta's Amiibo to be an online exclusive. If they release her at retail, then there can be an actual argument made then. We can only hope she won't be too hard to get.

They aren't going to release her amiibo online only.

Those types of arguments don't matter matter much anyways and don't really go anywhere outside of feminists groups. (Plus it's free publicity, so...)

Your concern is misplaced and illogical, no offence.

Actually I'm quite alright with what you said. As long as I'm not getting yelled at or being insulted, I can handle legitimate arguments and have no real problem with your ideas. The only reason why I said that was because even the powerful franchise of Star Wars was attacked with the slave Leia scandal being fact and now Disney will not ever be making any overall merchandise of slave Leia. So there has been an actual assault on sexual references in a kids related franchise. Thank you for giving me your thoughts politely.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#353 Posted: 22:44:33 16/12/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Considering some game covers, Bayonetta amiibo would have no issue unless someone started causing trouble over it,and even then Nintendo would probably resort to only pulling that on the specific country it happened on.

Exactly. I don't see much difference between Bayonetta and ZSS's costume, and no one has complained about the ZSS amiibo that I know of.
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#354 Posted: 22:54:30 16/12/2015
Edit: I'm dumb
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:55:00 16/12/2015 by Wreckingball13
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#355 Posted: 00:14:08 17/12/2015
Well I don't know about you guys but I had no idea who Corrin was when they revealed him. But he seems pretty dang cool.

And Bae-onetta is a nice surprise.

All the salty crocodile tears tho. Maybe next time Krooly.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#356 Posted: 00:14:59 17/12/2015
Quote: Seiki
Quote: sonicbrawler182
^Cloud isn't ballot.

He's been wanted since Melee. Sakurai stated that they worked with Square Enix to make it happen because he's been wanted for years.

He didn't rank on the ballot seriously I would imagine, he was one of those characters people thought was out of the question due to him mostly being associated with Sony, and Square Enix being iffy with Nintendo.

I thought they said there was a large number of votes for Final Fantasy characters in general and Cloud was the most voted and most doable option. He isn't exactly a ballot winner, but a Final Fantasy character happening seemed implied to be due to the ballot.

He didn't say anything about votes. He said "requests". Sakurai makes a distinction between the two. Votes mean ballot. Requests just means general internet activity regardless of the ballot.

People have wanted an FF character in Smash for years, Cloud most specifically. Cloud VS Link is one of the biggest pipe dream video game match-ups in the world, next to stuff like Mario VS Sonic. Sakurai even referenced that aspect specifically.

If Cloud was ballot he would have been transparent, like how he literally told us exactly how Bayonetta ranked.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#357 Posted: 00:21:29 17/12/2015
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
bayonetta is such a wonderful character and i love her so much

[User Posted Image]

i love her and i don't even play the games xD
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#358 Posted: 00:59:06 17/12/2015
And unlike some of the people against her say, she's definately not without personality. Yeah,there's the embracing the sexiness aspect,but for everything else think Palutena and Viridi combined. It's amazing how someone so powerful can sometimes be petty sometimes and so caring(though she'll never admit it) in others. Doesn't show in the first playthrough since she's trying to be the utterly over the top just because she can,but when you can pay more attention to it some subtle things make her all the better character.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:59:39 17/12/2015 by Bifrost
#359 Posted: 01:32:26 17/12/2015
Quote: DarkCynder_543

[User Posted Image]

me too bro me too
---
Check this out! Please?
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#360 Posted: 02:33:09 17/12/2015
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Am I the only one that doesn't have an issue with Corrin being yet another FE character as well as yet another sword fighter?
I'm not that big a fan of FE (though I do like the games), but he seems quite unique when compared to the other FE characters as well as sword fighters, at least imo.

I can definitely see why people have an issue with him being the 6th FE character, but I really don't think that it's that big of a deal.
And I'm saying that despite the fact that there were other characters that I would have liked to have gotten Corrin's spot instead.

I wanted characters like K. Rool and Wolf - as well as maybe another Zelda character, preferably a villain - to get in, but I'm not pissed off that they didn't.
I'm disappointed for sure, but I'm more than happy with Bayonetta and Corrin, tbh.

That said, I do agree that there are way too many sword fighters, but Corrin just seems unique to me in comparison to a lot of them.

I'm fine with him and do agree that he's quite unique for a sword-fighter and for an FE rep, but still feel the spot could've been better utilized and see him solely as a marketing ploy. I am interested in getting him & his Amiibo, yet of the 3 Cloud remains the one I'm most hyped for
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#361 Posted: 02:49:56 17/12/2015
I remember someone saying that if they revealed him instead of Cloud last direct it would've left a better taste in people's mouths; being FE rep and sword user is a big thing,but even worse is being the last one from an already represented franchise.
But then again the internet would explode of having Cloud and Bayonetta hype together.

Meanwhile people complained about Cloud getting in and my argument was that people were just upset about Cloud because characters they wanted like Wolf or Banjo didn't get confirmed.

You just aren't going to win no matter which order you went with announcing these last three characters. Someone is going to be upset that the one they wanted didn't get in or that a slot was wasted by a character who has no direct ties to Nintendo, a character who's games sold poorly, or yet another Fire Emblem character.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#362 Posted: 03:02:05 17/12/2015
Corrin looks like he was made with a lot of care and was built from scratch. They probably ended up planned him to promote the game which a lot of Fire Emblem characters do in Smash. I honk he was chosen before Cloud but how could I know?
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#363 Posted: 04:29:58 17/12/2015
I seem to be pretty good with Cloud. From the hour I've had him, I think I'm getting the hang of him, and might get better. I think my mains might be as follows now:

1. Robin
2. Toon Link
3. Cloud
4. Lucina
5. Shulk
6. Little Mac
7. Ryu
8. (Placeholder for Corrin, subject to change)

Quote: somePerson
Corrin looks like he was made with a lot of care and was built from scratch. They probably ended up planned him to promote the game which a lot of Fire Emblem characters do in Smash. I honk he was chosen before Cloud but how could I know?

I agree. Corrin looks really unique and will probably be very fun to play as, and I'm really looking forward to them.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#364 Posted: 05:32:46 17/12/2015 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Also, the more I watch Bayonetta's trailer, the more I love it. The huge emphasis on Kid Icarus is great, especially the small Dark Pit line.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#365 Posted: 09:58:14 17/12/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
Quote: DarkCynder_543

[User Posted Image]

me too bro me too

I'm with you too.

It's just my impression or Bayonetta will be a little OP? She looks too much powerful.
---
Bruh
Camo22 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3501
#366 Posted: 11:33:23 17/12/2015
Ha, Bayonetta is not the first witch Sonic's defeated.
[User Posted Image]
(Merlina the Wizard/Witch from Sonic and the Black Knight)

Also, her guns don't slow down my SpinDashes. I'm not scared. smilie
---
=Fixing Theories since Sep, 2015 / Deviant Art =
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#367 Posted: 14:49:21 17/12/2015
Quote: StriderSwag
Quote: ZapNorris

Good.

Hey, as long as SOMEBODY nicknames their corrin amiibo "Jake Long", i'm good

****, now I want 2 to do so.

Quote: Sleepy0429

Good.

>More than Zelda
>More than Kirby
>Same as Pokemon

One good selling game doesn't grant six characters.

Am I allowed to like this character because I like Fire Emblem? Is that a thing I'm allowed to do? Because you're acting like I'm not allowed to like Corrin.

Nah, I love Corrin. Dragon stuff? SIGN ME UP!
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#368 Posted: 15:13:49 17/12/2015
Quote: Camo22

But her Witch Time sure does, if the counter hits... I think, in the actual game it'd totally work as long as you have the evade extender upgrade to make sure you'll dodge in time.
---
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#369 Posted: 21:10:26 17/12/2015
Apparently Bayonetta can use her Side-B AND Up-B in the air as much as she wants to?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:10:53 17/12/2015 by The Bone Chompy
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#370 Posted: 21:12:38 17/12/2015

Just gonna put this here.

Quote: The Bone Chompy
Apparently Bayonetta can use her Side-B AND Up-B in the air as much as she wants to?

I think her Up B has 2 uses. One normally, but if you jump again, it gets another use.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:16:02 17/12/2015 by Mesuxelf
#371 Posted: 21:44:40 17/12/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion
[User Posted Image]

To be fair didn't Roy show up in Melee a good bit of time before his game reached the west? He was practically an ad there too.
#372 Posted: 22:18:45 17/12/2015

No. Up B can be jump cancelled and used again like Fox's/Falco's shine in Melee. Her side B can be used again if she connects I think.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#373 Posted: 22:42:45 17/12/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf

Just gonna put this here.

you forgot his up throw
---
you never saw me
#374 Posted: 22:52:30 17/12/2015
Bowser has a new Up Throw combo.
#375 Posted: 01:50:00 18/12/2015
Sigh it's too late. Apparently some SJW (Social Justice Warrior) is opening a petition to get Bayonetta out of Smash. I would link it, but the site seems to be down for obvious reasons and had some pretty inappropriate words and slurs mentioned. All I can say is that it's happening and am just sad that it's only been two days since the reveal and already someone is trying to get her out of the game.
---
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#376 Posted: 01:53:22 18/12/2015
Sigh it's too late. Apparently some SJW (Social Justice Warrior) is opening a petition to get Bayonetta out of Smash. I would link it, but the site seems to be down for obvious reasons and had some pretty inappropriate words and slurs mentioned. All I can say is that it's happening and am just sad that it's only been two days since the reveal and already someone is trying to get her out of the game.

**** Feminists.

Enjoy Bayonetta

[User Posted Image]

(trust me when i say it was hard to find a SFW image of her but i did it)
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#377 Posted: 02:34:56 18/12/2015
GhostRoaster617, I really hate to sound rude, but please, stop being a Chicken Little. The big bad 'SJWs' aren't going to take Bayonetta away. There's really no reason Nintendo would pay any attention to them, not when Bayonetta has so much support to be in the game to begin with.

Bayonetta's inclusion is not comparable to Disney ceasing to make merchandise of slave Leia. At. All.

For starters, if you haven't watched it recently, perhaps rewatch that Star Wars film that slave Leia is in (and note the term 'slave Leia'), and then you come back here and tell me people aren't justified in feeling a bit upset that something like that was being capitalized on because 'fanservice'. There's a fine line between 'innocent fanservice/good taste' and '...okay, maybe this is a bit creepy given the actual context'.

Bayonetta, to my knowledge, doesn't have the unfortunate implications that merchandise of slave Leia has.
#378 Posted: 02:46:50 18/12/2015
Honestly, people should know what petitions do to a big company's decision.

Which is Mr. Jack-Diddly-Bugger-All-of-the-Funny-Farm-incorperated.
---
Check this out! Please?
#379 Posted: 03:00:41 18/12/2015
I honestly think that Diddy Kong and Donkey Kong are both oversexulized. :/ I hope that parents don't end up taking away the game because of them.
#380 Posted: 04:02:25 18/12/2015

People who get mad about Bayonetta and see her as a sex object are people who don't understand who Bayonetta is or haven't played her games.

Also I'm willing to wager they're upset that the character they wanted didn't get in.
#381 Posted: 07:53:53 18/12/2015
I just put that out before someone even worse delivered the message in an even worse format. I figured I say it before someone like say a certain Amiibo collector said it and made it worse turning fans against each other. I totally get what all of you are saying and will just disappear for a while now. This is not at all any of your faults and I'm truly grateful that you were civil about the topic, but I admit I'm in a bit of a tough time at the moment and even the worse news can really hurt me.

I'd rather share scenarios and feelings with others than say nothing at all cause really deep confession, I barely get to talk to anyone in life period. Also Chicken Little is a really big understatement to describe me hear. I haven't been able to truly be afraid in what feels like an eternity. Truthfully I cannot share any of the information on what I mean as it's too personal and too dark for this forum to hear, but I can say that I am sorry and hope we can just put this behind us.

To be honest I'm actually crying because I'm happy I don't have to leave this forum. The last time I spoke about a serious subject, I had to literally leave and abandon my accounts from literally 3 other forums. Not to make this melodramatically, but from a certain point of view, this is the only place I have any friends and losing my friends here would literally leave me no reason to live so I leave in hopes no more bitter or negative feelings are left on anyone. Thank you for being honest in a legitimately honest way.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:00:44 18/12/2015 by GhostRoaster617
#382 Posted: 10:56:37 18/12/2015
Keep in mind that Nintendo isn't the kind to just give it up in the face of fans. They can censor, but they already did it in advance, but they never just cower in fear of the media because they're *already* seen as that company that makes baby games. They're hardly like western companies who grab journalists left and right looking for acceptance.

And if something's going on that you really need to put your mind on so it doesn't get worse, it'd probably be rude of us to insist you to stay discussing about 2 meter tall women made of pixels if there are bigger pressing matters.

'Sides, Kamiya is the kind of person that photoshopped Bayo's clothes into a photo of a certain SJW I'd rather not mention. If he isn't afraid, we shouldn't be either, because the people that call Bayonetta sexist are not the ones playing or caring since actual non-armchair feminists said she's actually big representation for embracing her sexuality without fear of anyone judging but herself.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:57:46 18/12/2015 by Bifrost
Camo22 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3501
#383 Posted: 12:17:43 18/12/2015

But her Witch Time sure does, if the counter hits... I think, in the actual game it'd totally work as long as you have the evade extender upgrade to make sure you'll dodge in time.

Still... I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Is anyone else ONLY versing Cloud online, or is it just me?
---
=Fixing Theories since Sep, 2015 / Deviant Art =
#384 Posted: 15:40:59 18/12/2015

Aare you on For Glory? Yeah. You're on For Glory.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#385 Posted: 21:10:59 18/12/2015

Please post it. Even if my signature will mean nothing, it will relieve stress.
#386 Posted: 21:14:12 18/12/2015
I don't think anyone needs people who don't even play these games whining about something in them(or someone whining because their favorite character isn't in it in a unreasonable way). A quick google search should suffice should you be looking for idiots acting like idiots.

Also,I don't even have it,but the full Limit Break charge beep annoys the hell of out me in videos already. (probably because most of the ones I watched had EVERYONE trying Clout out) It's a good indicator for sure because it acts exactly like an alarm and you'll notice it wanting or not, I guess :U
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:16:17 18/12/2015 by Bifrost
#387 Posted: 22:04:14 18/12/2015
If anyone is down to fight I'm available for the next hour. Send a PM or GB message my way or I guess reply here and I can try and pay attention.
#388 Posted: 22:50:51 18/12/2015
Online Smash has no strategy or reaction time. All you do is press random buttons until you can hit them blind.

A Falcon tried to spike me when I'm trying to SD. Lol.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:56:04 18/12/2015 by somePerson
#389 Posted: 23:16:19 18/12/2015
I don't think anyone needs people who don't even play these games whining about something in them(or someone whining because their favorite character isn't in it in a unreasonable way). A quick google search should suffice should you be looking for idiots acting like idiots.

Also,I don't even have it,but the full Limit Break charge beep annoys the hell of out me in videos already. (probably because most of the ones I watched had EVERYONE trying Clout out) It's a good indicator for sure because it acts exactly like an alarm and you'll notice it wanting or not, I guess :U

I found it, but it was deleted.
#390 Posted: 02:36:02 20/12/2015

Aare you on For Glory? Yeah. You're on For Glory.

Just went on FG. They're everywhere. Maybe lots of FG players are kinda spoiled?

Explains the crap on the Wii U version, I guess.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#391 Posted: 19:26:50 20/12/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
Honestly, people should know what petitions do to a big company's decision.

Which is Mr. Jack-Diddly-Bugger-All-of-the-Funny-Farm-incorperated.

What about boycotts? What if people threaten not to buy the product if things don't change?
#392 Posted: 19:30:34 20/12/2015
Quote: MugoUrth

What about boycotts? What if people threaten not to buy the product if things don't change?

In most cases nowadays,they wouldn't buy even if the company did a 180° and changed things. In this case, chances are the people who ONLY NOW boycott Smash because of Bayo wouldn't buy it if she was removed with a big apology post or something. Or even the Dead or Alive Extreme 3 fiasco a few weeks ago - most people whining that they'd boycott Play Asia and Koei Tecmo(should it come out in the west) don't actually play these games or knew the franchise to begin with. It was just 'boobs and fanservice! This company deserves outrage!'.

It's real boycotts like 'this sequel is unfinished and buggy, we won't buy until you fix it' from the actual fans that do something.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:31:14 20/12/2015 by Bifrost
#393 Posted: 14:43:32 25/12/2015
Cloud's neutral B will follow the stage's pattern.

Also works with the Limit Break which can gimp or kill opponents if it connects. Can only really work on the competitive Wii U stages such as Castle Seige, Lyat, and Delfino.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:04:03 25/12/2015 by somePerson
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#394 Posted: 15:24:20 25/12/2015
Looks like i didn't get Eshop money for christmas, so i'm gonna have to get cloud myself.
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#395 Posted: 22:03:48 25/12/2015
Just downloaded the new DLC Bundle into my games! smilie
---
Hail to the King, baby!
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#396 Posted: 22:35:22 25/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Bought Pirate Ship today. Still pretty disappointed in the lack of new music like Molgera's theme or Dragon Roost Island despite knowing that for a while.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#397 Posted: 03:25:20 01/01/2016
Yeah.... This happened [User Posted Image]
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#398 Posted: 16:44:15 01/01/2016
Quote: MugoUrth

In most cases nowadays,they wouldn't buy even if the company did a 180° and changed things. In this case, chances are the people who ONLY NOW boycott Smash because of Bayo wouldn't buy it if she was removed with a big apology post or something. Or even the Dead or Alive Extreme 3 fiasco a few weeks ago - most people whining that they'd boycott Play Asia and Koei Tecmo(should it come out in the west) don't actually play these games or knew the franchise to begin with. It was just 'boobs and fanservice! This company deserves outrage!'.

It's real boycotts like 'this sequel is unfinished and buggy, we won't buy until you fix it' from the actual fans that do something.

I would if they added K. Rool or Wolf. I'm still hoping they surprise us with one of the two. The game DESPERATELY needs... you know what I'm going to say.

Also, smilie at the above post.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:45:16 01/01/2016 by MugoUrth
First | Previous | Page 8 of 19 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me