Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All Purpose Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Topic V4!
First | Previous | Page 6 of 19 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19
The All Purpose Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Topic V4!
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#251 Posted: 23:09:40 15/12/2015
Quote: KeybasHedKey
At least the newcommers Corrin and Bayonetta have unique movesets.

Also Corrin turns into a dragon!

THATS THE KIND OF ATTITUDE I LIKE TO SEE
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#252 Posted: 23:09:41 15/12/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Quote: MugoUrth

I still don't see why you don't like human fighters, what's the reason for that?

Do you really want be to be here all day? Why don't I just put it all in a nutshell: I'm misanthropic. Plus, I am sick and tired of companies always assuming that just because we are humans that everything should only have them and nothing else.

I would definitely like to be here all day to hear a legitimate reason. Smash Bros is a collection of fighters from Nintendo's franchises and third-parties, human and non-human. Nowhere in the title or game does it specify or suggest that they all have to be non-human. We're Human, the base design for many characters of so many games. Do you not like every game that has a human in it, because you honestly make it sound like that.

To my understanding Mugo's issue is both having less enjoyment of human characters and the feeling that Smash Bros has more than enough human characters (particularly realistic human characters a la FE guys).
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#253 Posted: 23:09:56 15/12/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion
Lucas bringing the announcement of DLC

I think you forgot Mewtwo smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#254 Posted: 23:11:01 15/12/2015
Two baes and Cloud. I'm so hyped. :)
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#255 Posted: 23:11:05 15/12/2015
Quote: CAV
Quote: JCW555
Not just #1 in Europe, #1 worldwide.

And among the top 5 in America as well.

I imagine characters in NA that placed above her are those like Snake or Banjo. Bayonetta is kind of the easier and in some ways more sensible choice than those two.

What would they feel if K. Rool or Wolf got in? Honestly, I don't see any reason why I should be happy for them.

You don't have to be happy for them and you have every right to not bother with any of them. Though considering how good they look (Bayonetta in particular looking top tier bound from the get go) people do feel like you shouldn't ignore giving them a chance just because they're human, myself included.

Would you at least give them a try if a friend of yours had them and let you try them out without having to spend your own money?

I know I sound a bit angry and upset, and I really shouldn't be hard on the people who like those characters, but as for giving them a chance? I already decided I wouldn't spend money on them, so I will probably never get to experience how they play. Is that wrong?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#256 Posted: 23:13:30 15/12/2015
Also,since tons of people are now considering checking out the series, I cooould recommend the anime adaptation of the first game, Bayonetta Bloody Fate, but I heard it's subpar in the usual Gonzo manner. If you want to get into the series,possibly a good place to start,but I haven't watched it since the first game doesn't need any adaptations for the crazy stuff it pulls, not to mention it spoils the first game's twist.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:14:18 15/12/2015 by Bifrost
#257 Posted: 23:14:43 15/12/2015
I know I sound a bit angry and upset, and I really shouldn't be hard on the people who like those characters, but as for giving them a chance? I already decided I wouldn't spend money on them, so I will probably never get to experience how they play. Is that wrong?

It's not necessarily wrong to decide you don't want to pay money for these characters you don't like. Several people in here have expressed that they don't really want to. The reason people are getting on your case is the reasoning behind it, that being only that they're human.

But again, if you have a friend who plays Smash and gets the characters would you be willing to try them out? It wouldn't cost you a dime and people wouldn't really be able to get on you by saying "well you haven't even played them".
#258 Posted: 23:15:48 15/12/2015
Plot Twist: Mugo's main is a Human.
---
words. letters. filler.
#259 Posted: 23:16:39 15/12/2015
Quote: JCW555
Not just #1 in Europe, #1 worldwide.

And among the top 5 in America as well.

I imagine characters in NA that placed above her are those like Snake or Banjo. Bayonetta is kind of the easier and in some ways more sensible choice than those two.

What would they feel if K. Rool or Wolf got in? Honestly, I don't see any reason why I should be happy for them.

You don't have to be happy for them and you have every right to not bother with any of them. Though considering how good they look (Bayonetta in particular looking top tier bound from the get go) people do feel like you shouldn't ignore giving them a chance just because they're human, myself included.

Would you at least give them a try if a friend of yours had them and let you try them out without having to spend your own money?

It's no different than me choosing not to buy Lucas because I don't like Earthbound, or the decision that if K. Rool was announced that i wouldn't buy him. Its your choice what you spend your money on.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#260 Posted: 23:18:25 15/12/2015 | Topic Creator
You can't really argue that besides Mewtwo, we didn't get anything other than human fighters. I'm fine with them since they're all somewhat unique (I stand by my thoughts on clones from pre-DLC), but putting them all side by side, characters like Wolf, K. Rool, Toad, Rayman, and Bandanna Dee could've added some nice variety and spice to the lineup.

It's kinda fitting how a Bayonetta 2 trailer was featured alongside Smash 4 back in 2013, and now 2 years later Smash 4 closes with a Bayonetta trailer.

I would've personally preferred Issac compared to Corrin. I do like how unique Corrin looks compared to other FE fighters though.

Lucas bringing the announcement of DLC

I think you forgot Mewtwo smilie

Mewtwo was the first DLC, but Sakurai kept denying further DLC after him until Lucas literally came out of nowhere.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:21:00 15/12/2015 by LunarDistortion
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#261 Posted: 23:18:54 15/12/2015
Quote: StriderSwag
This thread is heating up enough that the salt might boil out on its own...

I think there's so much salt that it's becoming a nonrenewable resource at this point...

Also, kind of upset Bandana Dee didn't make the cut, but oh well, maybe next game. And it was kind of a lost cause to hope for any Cave Story or Shantae representation, but i'm glad fans supported both of them for smash anyways.

Even though I'm kind of mixed on Corrin, I'm still satisfied with what we got overall. surprised it took this long for the hype train to actually reach me though. I don't think I freaked over a character reveal the way I did Bayonetta.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:23:46 15/12/2015 by pankakesparx456
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#262 Posted: 23:19:31 15/12/2015
I was disappointed with the overall content. We only got two newly announced characters and 1 new stage.

And while I'm no "I only like specific kinds of characters", it does really feel like this DLC line-up has an over-saturation of characters meant for otakus.

I think they should have had at least one more cartoony character for variety's sake.

Regardless, both of the new guys look like awesome fighters, Bayonetta in particular literally looks like they just ported her from the actual games. ZSS and Sheik will see no use in tournaments now, Bayonetta is the same niche but better.

Corrin though, as cool as he/she looks to play, feels so forced. I know we semi had this problem with Greninja but at least they announced him well after his game had come out worldwide. And Lucas may be Japan exclusive, but he's always had a vocal fanbase in the west, clamouring for his game to be localised.

But they literally followed Cloud, an industry icon, up with someone who hasn't been in a game yet. It's just so jarring.

I'm appreciative of what I got but it's a bit of a let down considering it's the final broadcast and content.

But oh well. Sakurai still managed to make a legendary title just for the sheer roster alone.

Oh and hey Rosalina drawn in the style of Waifu Emblem how about that.

[User Posted Image]

EDIT: Forgot the Mii Fighter costumes, ya boi Knuckles looks dope
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:27:34 15/12/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#263 Posted: 23:21:17 15/12/2015

I still don't see why you don't like human fighters, what's the reason for that?

Do you really want be to be here all day? Why don't I just put it all in a nutshell: I'm misanthropic. Plus, I am sick and tired of companies always assuming that just because we are humans that everything should only have them and nothing else.

I would definitely like to be here all day to hear a legitimate reason. Smash Bros is a collection of fighters from Nintendo's franchises and third-parties, human and non-human. Nowhere in the title or game does it specify or suggest that they all have to be non-human. We're Human, the base design for many characters of so many games. Do you not like every game that has a human in it, because you honestly make it sound like that.

This isn't the misanthropy topic, this is the smash brothers topic.

Not every character has to be human, but there should be SOME non-humans too. I mean, there are, but come on! Seven DLC characters, and only ONE of them isn't human? Not to mention, all three characters are pretty much the same, just generic anime-humans.

And no, I don't dislike everything that has humans in it, but I do dislike when a game has only human goodguys, and just about everything else, no matter how innocuous, is evil. I don't mind games with only humans or games staring humans that have non-human playables. Like, I'm okay with Final Fantasy 7 and Xenoblade, but I don't have any particular attachment to Cloud Strife or Shulk.

It's not necessarily wrong to decide you don't want to pay money for these characters you don't like. Several people in here have expressed that they don't really want to. The reason people are getting on your case is the reasoning behind it, that being only that they're human.

But again, if you have a friend who plays Smash and gets the characters would you be willing to try them out? It wouldn't cost you a dime and people wouldn't really be able to get on you by saying "well you haven't even played them".

To be fair, that's not the reason why. It's because I don't like Fire Emblem or Bayonetta, nor do I like any particular character from those games. I have nothing against Final Fantasy 7, though, but I have no real attachment to Cloud as I said above.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:22:52 15/12/2015 by MugoUrth
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#264 Posted: 23:23:36 15/12/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I was disappointed with the overall content. We only got two newly announced characters and 1 new stage.

And while I'm no "I only like specific kinds of characters", it does really feel like this DLC line-up has an over-saturation of characters meant for otakus.

I think they should have had at least one more cartoony character for variety's sake.

Regardless, both of the new guys look like awesome fighters, Bayonetta in particular literally looks like they just ported her from the actual games. ZSS and Sheik will see no use in tournaments now, Bayonetta is the same niche but better.

Corrin though, as cool as he/she looks to play, feels so forced. I know we semi had this problem with Greninja but at least they announced him well after his game had come out worldwide. And Lucas may be Japan exclusive, but he's always had a vocal fanbase in the west, clamouring for his game to be localised.

But they literally followed Cloud, an industry icon, up with someone who hasn't been in a game yet. It's just so jarring.

I'm appreciative of what I got but it's a bit of a let down considering it's the final broadcast and content.

But oh well. Sakurai still managed to make a legendary title just for the sheer roster alone.

Oh and hey Rosalina drawn in the style of Waifu Emblem how about that.

[User Posted Image]

pic broke smilie

I wonder how much time Mugo spends writing about something I'm not even keeping up with
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#265 Posted: 23:23:52 15/12/2015
I would've personally preferred Issac compared to Corrin. I do like how unique Corrin looks compared to other FE fighters though.

I'd like to expand on this and how both FE "Avatars" have really unique attacks. Robin is all about magic and has a lot of ranged attacks, and Corrin has all those cool dragon powers to accompany their usual swordswork. It's really refreshing compared to Marth, Ike, Roy, and Lucina, who are all swordwielders.
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#266 Posted: 23:24:12 15/12/2015
I was able to watch this on a livestream and while I not the most educated on FE and Bayonette but there great additions I hope all smash fans can appreciate and be able to play as these amazing fighters and enjoy themselves lot of work has been put in to making these fighters and maps I think we should just avoid salt for Sakurai were lucky he even made this content for us so seriously don't be salty stay positive. Hope you all enjoy the new DLC! (Gone to see other peoples reactions)
---
POPSMARTS!
#267 Posted: 23:25:46 15/12/2015 | Topic Creator
I was honestly thinking another Kid Icarus character when Bayonetta's trailer showed up due to the huge focus on them. At first Hades when Palutena said to not get careless, then once I heard the voice I thought Pandora. Still cool how they had a big part in her trailer regardless. I wonder if this means the DLC will be getting Palutena's Temple codecs. They obviously have the VA's back in to record things.
#268 Posted: 23:26:09 15/12/2015
I really enjoy the details of Bayonetta's poster/artwork. Villager being on the Demon's side is funny.
[User Posted Image]
---
words. letters. filler.
#269 Posted: 23:26:57 15/12/2015
Villager's just admiring the view.

I was honestly thinking another Kid Icarus character when Bayonetta's trailer showed up due to the huge focus on them. At first Hades when Palutena said to not get careless, then once I heard the voice I thought Pandora. Still cool how they had a big part in her trailer regardless. I wonder if this means the DLC will be getting Palutena's Temple codecs. They obviously have the VA's back in to record things.

Same,but for a second I thought older Viridi(since she couldn't be fought because kid),then I saw the moon and heard about angels and I think my head was too busy screaming internally to hear anything else.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:29:01 15/12/2015 by Bifrost
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#270 Posted: 23:28:19 15/12/2015
I will admit, while I am interested in Corrin, I wasn't too thrilled about it as it is a 6th FE character and one so new. Obvious promotional material is obvious. Would've preferred someone a bit more iconic like Banjo Kazooie or just unique in general (Neku Sakuraba, imagine the possibilities for his attacks). I was happy to see Tails as a Mii costume, but still.... I've never played his game, but I still would've rather seen Issac than Corrin. Same goes for Wonder Red. Heck, I'd have gone nuts for a Tales rep.

I will still get Corrin and am interested in trying him, but I'm not really hyped for him.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#271 Posted: 23:29:15 15/12/2015

This isn't the misanthropy topic, this is the smash brothers topic.

Not every character has to be human, but there should be SOME non-humans too. I mean, there are, but come on! Seven DLC characters, and only ONE of them isn't human? Not to mention, all three characters are pretty much the same, just generic anime-humans.

And no, I don't dislike everything that has humans in it, but I do dislike when a game has only human goodguys, and just about everything else, no matter how innocuous, is evil. I don't mind games with only humans or games staring humans that have non-human playables. Like, I'm okay with Final Fantasy 7 and Xenoblade, but I don't have any particular attachment to Cloud Strife or Shulk.

That's the problem, they're not just the same. When a game is being developed from Japan and characters created from Japanese artists, of course they're going to have a somewhat anime feel, but they all have different personalities, move sets, and are different beings.
---
words. letters. filler.
#272 Posted: 23:29:59 15/12/2015
I hope Corrin being in the game means Nintendo is willing to give FE a LOT more attention. It's kind of pointless for them to have one of the most-represented games on the roster also be one of their most underrated/under-appreciated from time to time.
---
Cool cool.
#273 Posted: 23:31:07 15/12/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182

To be fair to Corrin though, Fire Emblem Fates has gotten the same acclaim in Japan as Awakening did, so it's not exactly forced. The game did incredibly well and got exceptional reviews, I really don't see the issue here.

I really enjoy the details of Bayonetta's poster/artwork. Villager being on the Demon's side is funny.
[User Posted Image]

I gotta say, I'm really loving this poster. I'm not the biggest Bayonetta fan, but seeing her alongside favorites of mine like Shulk, Lucina, Mega Man, Ryu, and Little Mac literally gave me goosebumps. I might have to find a way to get that and make some wall room...

Quote: pankakesparx456
I hope Corrin being in the game means Nintendo is willing to give FE a LOT more attention. It's kind of pointless for them to have one of the most-represented games on the roster also be one of their most underrated/under-appreciated from time to time.

I really hope so. The FE games continue to do well, but there's always the chance that future titles won't come to the West.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:32:52 15/12/2015 by StriderSwag
#274 Posted: 23:32:31 15/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah, that poster is amazing. Palutena VS Ganondorf is a battle I'd like to see!
#275 Posted: 23:32:56 15/12/2015
Plot Twist: Mugo's main is a Human.

If I recall correctly it's Bowser.

To be fair, that's not the reason why. It's because I don't like Fire Emblem or Bayonetta, nor do I like any particular character from those games. I have nothing against Final Fantasy 7, though, but I have no real attachment to Cloud as I said above.

Oh, then fair enough no issue there. You have every right to not spend money on characters from games you don't like. I personally want a full roster so I'm getting everyone regardless (I have no experience with FF VII; I'm just starting to experience the franchise with FF X). They could've gone with Shrek and I would've probably still bought.
#276 Posted: 23:34:23 15/12/2015
oh yeah the cloud Dlc is happening today is it already released just curious?...must be a gong show right now or when it happens
---
POPSMARTS!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:36:03 15/12/2015 by Reverse0456
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#277 Posted: 23:35:15 15/12/2015
Can anyone else not get Cloud? He's not even showing up for me.

and rip wulf </3
#278 Posted: 23:39:21 15/12/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf

and rip wulf </3

He's probably not out just yet. They didn't say directly after the show but rather at some point today. Just hold on a bit.

When the eShop crashes you know he's there.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#279 Posted: 23:39:31 15/12/2015
Quote:
To be fair to Corrin though, Fire Emblem Fates has gotten the same acclaim in Japan as Awakening did, so it's not exactly forced. The game did incredibly well and got exceptional reviews, I really don't see the issue here.

Smash is billed as a host to "Nintendo/Gaming All-Stars"

Corrin does not fit that definition at the present time. That cannot be argued. And he came right after literally the most iconic JRPG character of all time. A random new anime swordfighter came after THE anime swordfighter of gaming.

That's why it's jarring.

Corrin looks unique and great as a fighter but as a character it really does kinda feel too promotional, especially when FE may only do so well in Japan (you cannot deny Fates is targeted towards the Japanese market/otaku culture, it very strictly appeals to that market). Corrin cannot be classified as "beloved" by any stretch as it stands right now.

I know people asked for Inklings but their game is out internationally and is showing no signs of laying low.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:40:36 15/12/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#280 Posted: 23:40:06 15/12/2015
Quote: Reverse0456
oh yeah the cloud Dlc is happening today is it already released just curious?...must be a gong show right now or when it happens

and rip wulf </3

Sakurai said it would be later tonight, he might of said something about there maybe being technical difficulties, but I'm at work so I didn't pay very close attention.
#281 Posted: 23:43:02 15/12/2015
So apparently new stuff has just been leaked right after the broadcast. Supposedly we're getting one more new character, and if this is a real leak then the fanbase is going to go even more nuts than when Cloud was confirmed:

[User Posted Image]

EDIT: also found this. smilie

[User Posted Image]
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:44:50 15/12/2015 by pankakesparx456
#282 Posted: 23:45:24 15/12/2015
Bayonetta can counter's Little Mac's KO punch.
#283 Posted: 23:45:28 15/12/2015
So apparently new stuff has just been leaked right after the broadcast. Supposedly we're getting one more new character, and if this is a real leak then the fanbase is going to go even more nuts than when Cloud was confirmed:

[User Posted Image]

HOLY ****ING ****

MERCEDES-BENZ??? THE MOST ICONIC GAMING CHARACTER!? WHAT A DREAM COME TRUE
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:45:43 15/12/2015 by StriderSwag
#284 Posted: 23:48:05 15/12/2015
Quote: StriderSwag
Quote: Reverse0456

and rip wulf </3

Sakurai said it would be later tonight, he might of said something about there maybe being technical difficulties, but I'm at work so I didn't pay very close attention.

Understandable it's still quite a rush to get the dlc out right now they should take some time. I want to know how crazy the servers may get and how cloud and the new stage Midgar are. hope you all enjoy the content.
---
POPSMARTS!
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#285 Posted: 23:52:38 15/12/2015
Seeing Corrin makes me so happy aaaaaaaa

I honestly assumed Corrin would be saved for a Smash title on the NX or something. I may have a new Fire Emblem main...

I can't say I saw Bayonetta coming. She's the ballot winner, right? I'll admit, I didn't play the Bayonetta series and have no interest in doing so (the fanservice is a bit too much for me to ignore, sorry it's really not my thing), but I'll probably get her for completion's sake and because she actually looks fun.

Still shocked at the lack of Inklings, but oh well.
#286 Posted: 23:57:04 15/12/2015
Well,it's fine, I've seen several people I look up to that can't get into Bayonetta because of the fanservice (not gonna lie,rolled my eyes at the second game's battle intro(as in fanservice quota for the first few levels) because it was SO MUCH longer than the first's), and apparently yeah she's the ballot winner. But ingame this definately seems to have been mostly removed except for the dances, since the combos are all violence and style.

I also spent two pages just squeeing over this, so sorry for barging in to talk about a single character >w>
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:58:45 15/12/2015 by Bifrost
#287 Posted: 23:59:09 15/12/2015

[User Posted Image]

EDIT: also found this. smilie

[User Posted Image]

Are we seriously getting one more and the hidden spoiler is just a joke, or was the whole post a joke?
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#288 Posted: 00:03:54 16/12/2015
This has always been my philosophy about games.

I can't say I'm not "into" a game I've never played. So yeah.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#289 Posted: 00:06:52 16/12/2015
But I never said...? ...Never mind.

Anyway, I just went on SEGA Forum and found this:

[User Posted Image]

help im dying
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:12:08 16/12/2015 by JCW555
#290 Posted: 00:08:49 16/12/2015
Beautiful. First the Gamefaqs poll drama just made this week pure salt,and now it's just Patagonia.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:09:55 16/12/2015 by Bifrost
#291 Posted: 00:09:09 16/12/2015
Just bought Cloud. :3
#292 Posted: 00:12:52 16/12/2015
Quote: IsisStormDragon

[User Posted Image]

help im dying

I was stating my philosophy on games more than anything.
---
#293 Posted: 00:14:13 16/12/2015
@JCW555: Oh, okay. Sorry that I read it wrong, then.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:14:28 16/12/2015 by IsisStormDragon
#294 Posted: 00:14:36 16/12/2015

[User Posted Image]

help im dying

OHHH GOD I'M DIEING THESE JOKES ARE GREAT!!!
---
POPSMARTS!
#295 Posted: 00:14:40 16/12/2015

[User Posted Image]

help im dying

Why do people only do this when it comes to anthro characters? I felt like the only person doing this when The World Ends With You "sequel" turned out to be a phone port.
Batzooka119 Ripto Gems: 720
#296 Posted: 00:16:42 16/12/2015

[User Posted Image]

help im dying

Why do people only do this when it comes to anthro characters? I felt like the only person doing this when The World Ends With You "sequel" turned out to be a phone port.

I think it'd be best if you stopped talking now.
#297 Posted: 00:18:40 16/12/2015
By the way guys, if you've seen me edit your post, I apologize. Dark moved the edit and the quote around and it's hard to get used to.
---
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#298 Posted: 00:21:38 16/12/2015
New CSS is horrible.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:24:55 16/12/2015 by Mesuxelf
First | Previous | Page 6 of 19 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me