Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All Purpose Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Topic V4!
First | Previous | Page 5 of 19 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19
The All Purpose Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Topic V4!
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#201 Posted: 22:31:24 15/12/2015
Quote: MugoUrth
Quote: StriderSwag
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
LMAO ANOTHER SWORD FIGHTER

ITS FIRE EMBLEM I DONT CARE

and they can turn into a dragon mugo i hope ur happy

Nope, not really. Human that can turn into a Dragon is STILL a human, plus it's from one of Nintendo's most overrated as **** franchises. Plus, Bayonetta, another character I absolutely hoped to god would not make it in? Yeah, if that's it, then I'm not wasting my money.

Atleast Corrin has a unique moveset rather than just a simple swordfighter, and Bayonetta is OP God Tier, plus an interesting and fun moveset. Don't be the person who doesn't give the fighter a chance because they have boobs and are humans.
---
words. letters. filler.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#202 Posted: 22:33:38 15/12/2015

Nope, not really. Human that can turn into a Dragon is STILL a human, plus it's from one of Nintendo's most overrated as **** franchises. Plus, Bayonetta, another character I absolutely hoped to god would not make it in? Yeah, if that's it, then I'm not wasting my money.

Mugo, I know your bias against humans, but when Bayonetta is the #1 voted character in, can you take your bias out of it? A LOT of people wanted her in, can you at least say that your happy for Bayonetta fans? That's all I ask.

And others, don't pile on Mugo please.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:35:02 15/12/2015 by JCW555
#203 Posted: 22:33:56 15/12/2015

Atleast Corrin has a unique moveset rather than just a simple swordfighter, and Bayonetta is OP God Tier, plus an interesting and fun moveset. Don't be the person who doesn't give the fighter a chance because they have boobs and are humans.

I already decided I wouldn't buy them if they're all human, so I probably won't give them a chance.

I still don't see why you don't like human fighters, what's the reason for that?
---
words. letters. filler.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#204 Posted: 22:34:14 15/12/2015
Here lies Bifrost.
"WHAT? BAYONETTA?"
19??-2015
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:34:33 15/12/2015 by Bifrost
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#205 Posted: 22:34:45 15/12/2015
All the Fire Emblem DLC characters have been announced first in their debuted Directs.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#206 Posted: 22:35:40 15/12/2015
Buying all DLC but.. Wow, Beyonetta is most likely not most voted. Like wow. NO WOLF NO RAYMAN NO JACK CRAP
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#207 Posted: 22:35:44 15/12/2015
Here lies Greeny
"HOLY MOTHER OF **** MORE FIRE EMBLEM"

Dawn of Time-2015
#208 Posted: 22:37:10 15/12/2015
Quote: skylandersspyro
Buying all DLC but.. Wow, Beyonetta is most likely not most voted. Like wow. NO WOLF NO RAYMAN NO JACK CRAP

Well she was. Like it or not. #1 voted worldwide.
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#209 Posted: 22:37:31 15/12/2015
Rayman......... maybe in smash 5...........
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#210 Posted: 22:38:14 15/12/2015

She was the #1 most voted character that wasn't a veteran, worldwide. Considering Bayonetta's success and huge appraisal with Bayonetta 2 on Wii U, it's not surprising.
---
words. letters. filler.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#211 Posted: 22:38:21 15/12/2015
I was expecting stuff

But we got different stuff

(i'm still buying each of these 3 characters though like holy **** they're all so unique)
---
you never saw me
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#212 Posted: 22:39:54 15/12/2015
I am excited as hell. Nothing I am against having and will be buying all 3. DOn't even play Bayonetta, but am interested in getting and playing her.

Happy for Corrin. Never played an FE yet, but enjy the fighters and get all the AMiibo. THen of course thoughts on Cloud are known.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#213 Posted: 22:39:54 15/12/2015
I'm absolutely shocked Bayonetta was the #1 choice worldwide. I was expecting a top 25 spot at best compared to someone like Rayman or Isaac, but #1 in the entire world gives me all kinds of joy and feels like my vote actually did mean something despite being just a drop in the bucket.

I did not see her coming at all and I felt they wouldn't bother since her attitude and game aren't at all for kids but god ****ing damn they're making it work anyway and I am so glad about it.

But knowing that her and Corrin (who also looks great) are the final characters also stings of disappointment that we won't be seeing any more characters after this. I expected to hear of 3-4 new characters and absolutely expected Wolf. And it seems like we just won't get him at all.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#214 Posted: 22:40:39 15/12/2015
Geno costume! :D
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#215 Posted: 22:41:03 15/12/2015
I'm actually surprising Bayonaise was the most voted,in all polls she was usually below... Well everyone,usually not even reaching top 15.

Did not have enough faith in Sakurai and voted Wonder Red,BUT I'M HAPPY WITH THE RESULT.Now I just need to save up money for the Bayamiibo.

Also so happy they only toned her down where necessary,just turning her pants into shorts or making her shirt sleeveless and using 'Don't mess with a witch' instead,though it doesn't have the same ring to it.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:42:33 15/12/2015 by Bifrost
Camo22 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3501
#216 Posted: 22:42:13 15/12/2015
TAILS GOT A MII COSTUME!!!!!!!!

Still though, I'm not very happy with the characters announced today. I mean... there were so many others that I would have expected before those two. Banjo, Shovel Knight, ect.

Well, it is called Smash Bros for a reason, so I'm going to have fun spindashing there butts to the sky!
(Smash 5... lets try to add the FULL Tails there eh?)
---
=Fixing Theories since Sep, 2015 / Deviant Art =
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#217 Posted: 22:43:15 15/12/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Here lies Bifrost.
"WHAT? BAYONETTA?"
19??-2015

Bayonetta is a game I've heard of, but never seen or played. So when a woman came out twisting her body...explicitly, I was like "WTF is this woman I thought Smash was rated E[??!!" I guess I was just kinda surprised. I might look into Bayonetta now.

(Sorry for editing this so much The Bone Chompy, I wanted to quote you, but ****ed up).
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 22:48:24 15/12/2015 by JCW555
#218 Posted: 22:44:21 15/12/2015
I really enjoyed Dark Pit getting the shot beat out of him. :)
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#219 Posted: 22:45:00 15/12/2015
To be honest, I'm not entirely on board with Corrin. Not that I dislike FE or anything, I love it, but that means the franchise has 6 reps now. I think that's a bit much for a franchise that isn't that big like FE. But hey, he's in the game, and it simultaneously brings more attention to FE so there's that. Besides, he seems like a pretty cool fighter.

And I completely lost it when Bayonetta was shown as you can see. She was my top pick for Smash DLC not counting Quote and Shantae(or more so, my top realistic pick). So i think it's an understatement that I'm excited for Bayonetta.

**** you bayonetta. I wanted someone better

Quote: LunarDistortion
Not a single Nintendo Newcomer. You can't understand my shock.

How did they not choose Wolf? He was in the Top 5 in America, so why not? I've been expecting K. Rool to be disregarded for a little bit now, but I seriously cannot understand why they went for the new FE guy over a semi-clone veteran character that is at least in 5th place.

Bayonetta's fine, I guess.

THE SALT IS REAL
---
Cool cool.
#220 Posted: 22:45:27 15/12/2015
I CANT WAIT FOR CORRIN

I WANT THEM NOW

Also **** now I have to buy not only Ryu and Roy amiibos, but Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta too...
I s2g if Corrin's amiibo comes out in Japan first I'm getting it from there so I can have it quicker.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#221 Posted: 22:45:45 15/12/2015
mfw I don't care for either newcomer:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But eh, to Fire Emblem and Bayonetta fans, here ya go.

At least Bayonetta is hot, right?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 23:04:57 15/12/2015 by Matteomax
#222 Posted: 22:47:18 15/12/2015
Quote: The Bone Chompy
Here lies Bifrost.
"WHAT? BAYONETTA?"
19??-2015

Bayonetta is a game I've heard of, but never seen or played. So when a woman came out twisting her body...explicitly, I was like "WTF is this woman I thought Smash was rated E??!!" I guess I was just kinda surprised. I might look into Bayonetta now.

[User Posted Image]

WELL I MEAN TECHNICALLY SMASH 4 IS RATED E10+

(sorry for being a technical jackass)
---
#223 Posted: 22:47:20 15/12/2015
Now I just need to save up money for the Bayamiibo.

Funny enough as much on the hype train I am about all of this, I actually think her Smash pose (and inevitable amiibo) look a little odd. Might've preferred something akin to what we see on Bayonetta 2's box art.
#224 Posted: 22:47:38 15/12/2015
I love how Fire Emblem's reps keep getting bigger from each game. Fire Emblem will take over our souls.
#225 Posted: 22:47:55 15/12/2015

Bayonetta is a game I've heard of, but never seen or played. So when a woman came out twisting her body...explicitly, I was like "WTF is this woman I thought Smash was rated E??!!" I guess I was just kinda surprised. I might look into Bayonetta now.

Well,as long as she doesn't show any skin... Let's pretend the back of her second game's outfit isn't there.

It's an amazing game if you like DMC3 and The Wonderful 101. Fast paced action, amazingly hard but fair, but the fanservice might turn you off. There's more ridiculous action than that tho,unlike what some say.
---
#226 Posted: 22:48:22 15/12/2015
On the subject of Amiibo, getting Cloud, Roy, & now Corrin. Maybe Bayonetta depending on how I feel about her after playing.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#227 Posted: 22:50:33 15/12/2015
Quote: Matteomax

See Mugo, this is how to react. Not "OMG I DON'T WANT THIS CHARACTER IN BECAUSE SHE'S HUMAN!".
---
#228 Posted: 22:52:25 15/12/2015
Quote: CAV

Funny enough as much on the hype train I am about all of this, I actually think her Smash pose (and inevitable amiibo) look a little odd. Might've preferred something akin to what we see on Bayonetta 2's box art.

Gotta agree,though in my case I prefer that boxart from the first game where she's pointing the heel guns and more fighting pose-like. Wouldn't properly represent, I guess.

My only real disappointment is the lack of that mech from the second game but she's got SO MUCH going in normal gameplay it's obvious Sakurai would only fit that in as assist trophy if at all.

I just started playing the second game today holy **** I'm too hyped.
---
#229 Posted: 22:52:29 15/12/2015
Quote: Matteomax

[User Posted Image]
- - - - -
---
words. letters. filler.
#230 Posted: 22:52:58 15/12/2015

Not a single Nintendo Newcomer

Not a single

Nintendo Newcomer

Not a single Nintendo Newcomer.

Quote:
Fire Emblem Fates, known as Fire Emblem if in Japan, is a tactical role-playing video game developed by Intelligent Systems and Nintendo SPD, and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 3DS handheld video game console on June 25, 2015, in Japan and 2016 in the West.

Quote:
video game developed by Intelligent Systems and Nintendo SPD, and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 3DS handheld video game console

Quote:
Nintendo SPD, and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 3DS

- - -
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#231 Posted: 22:53:14 15/12/2015
I'm kinda disappointed with this, but Corrin looks pretty cool. Especially since Fates is going to be the first FE I'm going to buy since Shadow Dragon on the DS (which I didn't like, the only other one I had, Sacred Stones, is the only one I like from what I've played).
#232 Posted: 22:56:47 15/12/2015
[User Posted Image]

I added some pepper because this thread has too much salt.
#233 Posted: 22:57:35 15/12/2015
Quote: henryszuch
Wow. Just wow.

I'm not gonna lie I'm a bit disappointed.

Bayonetta probably has a large fanbase, but she seems overpowered and doesn't really feel like a smash bros character.

Corrin is just to promote FE Fates, let's be real. His move set looks unique, but another swordfighter.....another FE character too?! Now normally I would just let this slide but that leads me to my next point...

Only 2 more characters??? I wasn't expecting too much, but still. A spot was wasted on Corrin, and we could only have one character we wanted. They had a point about not wanting to bring back other veterans (Wolf, and also pretty much all other veterans would be worthless) and I understand getting a character such as Shovel Knight or Shanate would be hard. But Bayonetta just doesn't seem as popular to me, especially looking at characters like K Rool, OR INKLINGS. I'm trying not to be biased, and I understand that it would make a lot of sense to leave them until the next game because of sales and move set complications, but who knows if they will even be popular by then? Yes Bayonetta was #1 in Europe, but I'm sure they didn't count plenty of people, and stretched the truth to make her seem popular (especially in the US).

I will definitely buy Cloud, and probably the other 2 just to try them out, but this wasn't a great way to end it. I understand they can't release a ton of characters at once, and the game is ending, but this left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Not just #1 in Europe, #1 worldwide.
---
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#234 Posted: 22:59:21 15/12/2015
Quote: JCW555

Mugo, I know your bias against humans, but when Bayonetta is the #1 voted character in, can you take your bias out of it? A LOT of people wanted her in, can you at least say that your happy for Bayonetta fans? That's all I ask.

What would they feel if K. Rool or Wolf got in? Honestly, I don't see any reason why I should be happy for them.

I already decided I wouldn't buy them if they're all human, so I probably won't give them a chance.

I still don't see why you don't like human fighters, what's the reason for that?

Do you really want be to be here all day? Why don't I just put it all in a nutshell: I'm misanthropic. Plus, I am sick and tired of companies always assuming that just because we are humans that everything should only have them and nothing else.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:00:58 15/12/2015 by MugoUrth
#235 Posted: 22:59:26 15/12/2015
Bayonetta is a game I've heard of, but never seen or played. So when a woman came out twisting her body...explicitly, I was like "WTF is this woman I thought Smash was rated E[??!!" I guess I was just kinda surprised. I might look into Bayonetta now.

There's a demo for Bayonetta 2 on the eShop if you're interested and are allowed to play those kind of games (since the games absolutely have a lot of fanservice and sexual themes). And retail copies of Bayonetta 2 come with the first game free unless they stopped that recently for some reason.

Quote: CAV

Gotta agree,though in my case I prefer that boxart from the first game where she's pointing the heel guns and more fighting pose-like. Wouldn't properly represent, I guess.

My only real disappointment is the lack of that mech from the second game but she's got SO MUCH going in normal gameplay it's obvious Sakurai would only fit that in as assist trophy if at all.

I just started playing the second game today holy **** I'm too hyped.

I like the second game's art for being more elegant and kind of iconic in a way, and I feel like it could translate very well into an amiibo. Her art in Smash seems less elegant and more.........clunky? Can't think of much of a word.

I bought the games months ago and haven't gotten around to properly starting and I was thinking about finally getting a move on yesterday. I better get ****ing going.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#236 Posted: 23:00:11 15/12/2015 | Topic Creator
As much as I didn't like these final choices, I have to say that that was a great end speech by Sakurai to close out Smash 4 speculation. It was pretty bittersweet.

Sakurai, please take a 12+ month vacation, you deserve it.

[User Posted Image]

Well, it's been fun guys. Speculation is officially and completely over. There were a lot of great moments on this hype train, like the POTD's, all the great new fighters, the huge supply of leaks, and Lucas bringing the announcement of DLC and the Ballot. While it's sad to see it go, it was great while it lasted.

The OP will be in it's final state by the new year, and I will include all the information I can put in without the character limit rejecting it. Thanks everyone!
#237 Posted: 23:01:23 15/12/2015
The problem isn't that people were asking for her,it was like Goku; no one thought they'd be able to. So much Wonder Red and Shantae were picks from some because they're the next best things and obvious second picks.

Now that the Panther Within's out of the bag, I better get a move on too. Everyone's going to spoil that game left and right!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:02:29 15/12/2015 by Bifrost
#238 Posted: 23:04:13 15/12/2015

What would they feel if K. Rool or Wolf got in? Honestly, I don't see any reason why I should be happy for them.

To be honest, I wouldn't be happy, but I wouldn't have worded it like you did. I would've made a comment about "well damn, not interested in ____. Guess I'm not having a complete roster. Oh well." I wouldn't have gone all "UGGH HOW DARE THEY ADD THIS TRASH TO MY SMASHRBOS!!!1"
---
#239 Posted: 23:04:20 15/12/2015
Not just #1 in Europe, #1 worldwide.

And among the top 5 in America as well.

I imagine characters in NA that placed above her are those like Snake or Banjo. Bayonetta is kind of the easier and in some ways more sensible choice than those two.

You don't have to be happy for them and you have every right to not bother with any of them. Though considering how good they look (Bayonetta in particular looking top tier bound from the get go) people do feel like you shouldn't ignore giving them a chance just because they're human, myself included.

Would you at least give them a try if a friend of yours had them and let you try them out without having to spend your own money?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#240 Posted: 23:04:26 15/12/2015
I'm glad that they're in. Corrin looks pretty rad even though ive never played a FE game.

Bayonetta looks awesome. I am TOTALLY gonna get her games too.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#241 Posted: 23:05:28 15/12/2015 | Topic Creator

*snip

Wow, that's pretty dumb of me. Pretty obvious in hindsight, sorry about that.

Still kinda peeved that the only 1st party DLC Newcomer is a 6th FE swordsman though. Not really my taste in fighters, but it's fine for those who like them.
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#242 Posted: 23:05:48 15/12/2015
Here lies Bifrost.
"WHAT? BAYONETTA?"
19??-2015

Was Bayonetta that bad? Or did you die of shock and excitement?

Anyway, we got another Fire Emblem character. Ok, I guess? I mean, Corrin's fighting stylel ooks a lot different compared to others. I'm cool with it. Also, did they try to re-enact how Roy was introduced in Melee? Putting him in Smash before his actual games comes out?

EDIT:This is an accidental repost. But this is the full post of what was accidentally edited by I don't even know who.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:09:55 15/12/2015 by The Bone Chompy
#243 Posted: 23:06:19 15/12/2015

Do you really want be to be here all day? Why don't I just put it all in a nutshell: I'm misanthropic. Plus, I am sick and tired of companies always assuming that just because we are humans that everything should only have them and nothing else.

I would definitely like to be here all day to hear a legitimate reason. Smash Bros is a collection of fighters from Nintendo's franchises and third-parties, human and non-human. Nowhere in the title or game does it specify or suggest that they all have to be non-human. We're Human, the base design for many characters of so many games. Do you not like every game that has a human in it, because you honestly make it sound like that.
---
words. letters. filler.
#244 Posted: 23:06:25 15/12/2015
This thread is heating up enough that the salt might boil out on its own...
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#245 Posted: 23:07:43 15/12/2015
At least the newcommers Corrin and Bayonetta have unique movesets.

Also Corrin turns into a dragon!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#246 Posted: 23:08:16 15/12/2015
I still want want Wonder Red.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#247 Posted: 23:08:31 15/12/2015
I see... I think this game should be called Fire Emblem Bros. (and Sis. in this case)
Didn't see Bayonetta coming but she seems to be powerful.
I'm not too salty, I mean we all knew something Fire Emblem related was coming because Smash can't have enough of these.
I expected K.Rool, Shantae and Shovel Knight as they seem more kid-friendly than any of these characters.
First | Previous | Page 5 of 19 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me