Forum

Skylanders Academy

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Academy > Skylanders: Academy - General Discussion Topic
First | Previous | Page 6 of 58 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 56 57 58
Skylanders: Academy - General Discussion Topic [STICKY]
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#251 Posted: 16:49:45 15/04/2016
Quote: yelvy
Unpopular opinion here, but I thought Skyro looked better than his LOS counterpart.

Depending on how each episode is written, Spyro will either be a recurring character featured in every episode/'adventure' or he will be a recurring character seen at the beginning/end of each episode that doesn't go on every 'adventure'.

Just my thoughts.

LoS had a terrible design imo.

He just looked really ugly, it wasn't just that it was bad, it was like he was a bit deformed and made to purposely be unattractive
----

So, I don't play the games or read the comics, how much does this tie into those?
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#252 Posted: 16:50:21 15/04/2016
Woah there, my computer can't open that address for some reason.

What's this about a Cake Master?

EDIT: Ohhh... I get it now.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:51:32 15/04/2016 by yelvy
#253 Posted: 16:51:28 15/04/2016
Who's SE?
---
#254 Posted: 16:51:41 15/04/2016
^ Stealth elf
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#255 Posted: 16:59:50 15/04/2016
Krome Spyro pretty much encapsules the two games' style - it's not supposed to be cute or realistic,but cartoonish and having exaggerated proportions reflecting their personalities. Jared Pullen is talking a looot about this on his DeviantART page - he hasn't done Spyro yet,but I'll guess he's pudgy and big headed to show he had an easy life at the start, being more like an overweight insect than a hero.
DOTD is just "epic" for the sake of it but has double knees on each leg, kites for wings, and Spyro looks stoned half the time because the eyebrows are too big.

BACK ON TOPIC, shouldn't be using Futurama too much for reference on the characters. The roles will probably be similar being comedy, but chances are Spyro won't be the Fry,for example. He'll probably be the voice of sanity in the group since the others are: a wild woman with no sense of sublety, an all around crazy scientist, an eagle with self esteem issues(at least in the comics), and a guy with an incredibly short fuse that's considered /calm/ for his species. If they keep the canon personalities,but considering both comics and books,seems like it's not something worth doing being so estabilished.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:02:03 15/04/2016 by Bifrost
#256 Posted: 17:05:06 15/04/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Krome Spyro pretty much encapsules the two games' style - it's not supposed to be cute or realistic,but cartoonish and having exaggerated proportions reflecting their personalities. Jared Pullen is talking a looot about this on his DeviantART page - he hasn't done Spyro yet,but I'll guess he's pudgy and big headed to show he had an easy life at the start, being more like an overweight insect than a hero.
DOTD is just "epic" for the sake of it but has double knees on each leg, kites for wings, and Spyro looks stoned half the time because the eyebrows are too big.

BACK ON TOPIC, shouldn't be using Futurama too much for reference on the characters. The roles will probably be similar being comedy, but chances are Spyro won't be the Fry,for example. He'll probably be the voice of sanity in the group since the others are: a wild woman with no sense of sublety, an all around crazy scientist, an eagle with self esteem issues(at least in the comics), and the sexy one. If they keep the canon personalities,but considering both comics and books,seems like it's not something worth doing being so estabilished.

fixed
---
#257 Posted: 18:05:42 18/04/2016
Along with the responses stopping, seems like Eric deleted the tweets as well. Did he say something he shouldn't?! Did we push him too far? D:
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#258 Posted: 18:10:43 18/04/2016
Along with the responses stopping, seems like Eric deleted the tweets as well. Did he say something he shouldn't?! Did we push him too far? D:

Probably. They probably cancelled production of the tv show and decided not to release Buzzwing and Reg. Thillipede.

Skylanders is going down hill and NOTHING can revive it.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#259 Posted: 18:19:01 18/04/2016
Gosh I thought they had found General for a second there.

Some questions were kept though, some yes-or-no stuff. But all about X skylander on this season or next is just gone, at least on mobile. Weirdest thing to put behind an NDA when the cast is mostly predictable and archiving exists, but if it's really because of contract stuff that does mean they're finalizing the legalese!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:30:02 18/04/2016 by Bifrost
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#260 Posted: 19:27:42 18/04/2016
I guess now, all we have to do is wait for the teaser.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#261 Posted: 23:07:04 18/04/2016
Quote:
@batpufflewizard I'd love to answer but I've been given a bit of gag rule by my pals at ActiVision about revealing anything else! Sorry!

Heeere it is, it's NDA. Didn't get my question in time though, now it's a Schrodinger's Hex situation :U
---
#262 Posted: 17:44:03 19/04/2016
Found this image on Eric Rogers' Instagram, someone doing their voicework on Eruptor. And someone else doing voiceover too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/_H6wFEvV14/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCG91VxvV3E/
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#263 Posted: 18:02:35 19/04/2016
Might be the woman behind the @Nu_age_girl twitter handle, she, Josh Haber and the rest of the VAs were chatting with Eric a lot between the questions.
---
Rovaulin Green Sparx Gems: 447
#264 Posted: 05:09:05 21/04/2016
I can't wait to get a trailer or something substantial. Either I'll be blown away, or extremely disappointed...
I hope it's kind of like Clone Wars, or maybe Avatar. It's a kids show, but still deep with a great story. But perhaps that too much to ask for. I hope not!
-Rov
---
Hey there! I don't comment much, but I'm always watching! =)
-Rov
#265 Posted: 15:30:21 23/04/2016
Quote:
***@Kuwalto84 - @EricRogersLA When are we allowed to ask you questions about the show again

***@EricRogersLA - @Kuwalto84 as soon as we announce our network, my friend. Any day now.

Any day now,coming days, and he clearly WANTS to start answering things again because he will reply.
---
#266 Posted: 15:33:24 23/04/2016
Hyped!

What do you all think the channel will be? I'm hoping its CN.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#267 Posted: 15:43:26 23/04/2016
CN or Discovery Family, it just needs to be one of the good(or at least decent considering new PPG and TTG on Cartoon Network eating season renewals) networks. I'd have chosen web viewing but that's just because I know I'll have to rely on video mirrors if it's on normal channels.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:43:40 23/04/2016 by Bifrost
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3779
#268 Posted: 17:45:57 24/04/2016
I'm not really a fan of Skylanders much as I don't play it anymore, but I am quite excited for this!
I'd love to see episodes with Spyro, Cynder and Whirlwind in it as they're my favourite characters from Skylanders! smilie

(Oh and I'd love to know if Spyro and Cynder are gonna be in episodes together ;v; )
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:55:23 24/04/2016 by LegendaryFlames
#269 Posted: 17:56:13 24/04/2016
Cynder is season 2, they said they have something planned but not right now(tweets were hidden/deleted for legalese reasons, so no source for now).
---
#270 Posted: 18:00:47 24/04/2016
Cynder is season 2, they said they have something planned but not right now(tweets were hidden/deleted for legalese reasons, so no source for now).

How do they know there will even be a season 2 yet?
#271 Posted: 18:02:42 24/04/2016
Well they don't, but people make plans. Many shows suffered in some seasons because the writers didn't expect a continuation,so they end up having nothing to work with(think ANY show that kills off its main villain 1-2 seasons in) - it's always good to have a backup plan even if it's never realized.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:03:05 24/04/2016 by Bifrost
#272 Posted: 18:06:35 24/04/2016

Oh nice! I'm super excited to see what they have planned for her :0
---
#273 Posted: 18:07:55 24/04/2016
Makes sense. I'll be looking forward to seeing Cynder!

Imagine a flashback scene...
#274 Posted: 21:28:03 24/04/2016
Quote: LegendaryFlames
I'm not really a fan of Skylanders much as I don't play it anymore, but I am quite excited for this!
I'd love to see episodes with Spyro, Cynder and Whirlwind in it as they're my favourite characters from Skylanders! smilie

(Oh and I'd love to know if Spyro and Cynder are gonna be in episodes together ;v; )

Very likely since Spyro is one of the main cast of the show. And just to point out: Spyro and Cynder are not in a romantic relationship in Skylanders. Spyro simply sees Cynder as a longtime trusted friend.
---
#275 Posted: 15:20:34 25/04/2016
Quote: Aura24
Quote: LegendaryFlames

Very likely since Spyro is one of the main cast of the show. And just to point out: Spyro and Cynder are not in a romantic relationship in Skylanders. Spyro simply sees Cynder as a longtime trusted friend.

That's good then! c: And yeah I know that. (It's a shame because I ship them in TLoS lmao) But they're not the same characters as they were from TLoS so I get why they're not together in Skylanders.
---
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#276 Posted: 14:33:36 03/05/2016
I have a pretty strong feeling that Skylanders Academy will be a really good show. The writers seems extremely dedicated to making this the best show they can possibly make. I have faith!
#277 Posted: 14:07:35 14/05/2016
I know this is only marginally ontopic,but Jonny Rees(Jet-Vac's VA) has been listed as a missing person since wednesday. Eric Rogers doesn't seem worried yet from his responses,but considering his character is a main in the show and from the last time Eric talked openly about the show they were still recording, this doesn't affect just them. Doubt anyone here even lives in nearby cities,but hey I'm looking at their twitters daily with news or without news,so signal boost.

https://twitter.com/gamewithni...203619974848512
Quote:
Confirmed with Missing Person Units for LAPD: Jonny Rees, Case#: 161511285, Call 213-996-1800 if there is any contact.

https://twitter.com/Jeff_Rosie...258296749821952
Quote:
JonnyRees @ellisgreg last reported seen at his house at 2:15 pm Weds. AllDoors open keyswalletphone in house @ 5pm Wds but not him. Thx

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiYRz98WUAAskdt.jpg

edit:
oh god it gets worse

edit2: He has been found safe and sound,thank god.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:51:49 14/05/2016 by Bifrost
#278 Posted: 00:06:30 15/05/2016
Oh thank god...!
---
#279 Posted: 14:42:11 16/05/2016
In lighter news, we're not the only ones getting restless : P. From this, to Battlecast,and the 6kylanders silence, feels like he's in the dark about a preview date as we are.
---
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3165
#280 Posted: 15:56:23 31/05/2016
Well that's a relief. I didn't know that he had bipolar. I'm glad that he was found safe though.

On another note, whatever channel this is going to be on, I really hope it's not Nick. Nick is horrible at promoting and doesn't care about their cartoons at all unless they're named SpongeBob or Alvin and the Chipmunks (which only stays on Nick because it just happens to get good ratings). The problem with Nick for a long time (I think ever since SpongeBob got popular) has been that their process is broken; they never give their cartoons a proper chance and don't even try to put effort into promoting them well. Instead, they expect the show to take off on its own like Spongebob, but most of the time their under-promoting usually leads to the show getting low ratings. That's when they end up canning it or shove it off to the Nicktoons channel, aka the graveyard for failed Nick cartoons.

This has happened with so many different cartoons on Nick that it's not even funny. It's gone to the point where if I was ever going to pitch a cartoon, I wouldn't even consider pitching it to Nick if I wanted to see success. I don't want to see this happen to SA, especially if the show is really great. I personally hope that CN gets it; at least they know how to treat their shows properly.
---
Purple dragon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:59:11 31/05/2016 by Sboy13
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#281 Posted: 20:27:19 31/05/2016
We can definitely rule out Disney and its subsidiaries, of course. But then it's only speculation. However, seeing as Activision does seem to have some sort of partnership with Dreamworks (they've made a LOT of Dreamworks movie tie-in shovelware), and Dreamworks has done cartoons for Cartoon Network, that would seem like the most likely candidate.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3165
#282 Posted: 22:14:05 31/05/2016
Quote: HIR
We can definitely rule out Disney and its subsidiaries, of course. But then it's only speculation. However, seeing as Activision does seem to have some sort of partnership with Dreamworks (they've made a LOT of Dreamworks movie tie-in shovelware), and Dreamworks has done cartoons for Cartoon Network, that would seem like the most likely candidate.

Dreamworks has also done cartoons for Nick though. Penguins of Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda, etc. Both of which were horribly treated by the network and suffered the fate of being shoved off to Nicktoons to finish their remaining episodes. There are still some episodes of the Kung Fu Panda show that haven't even aired yet because another thing that Nick does with shows they've given up on is delay the rest of the new episodes to an extreme point, which is another horrible thing about them; the scheduling. There have been times in the past when a new episode of a show has been scheduled to air, they'll pull it and replace it with a SpongeBob rerun or some other superfluous thing. I don't think they've done that lately, but still, there are so many problems with Nick that I wouldn't want to see SA go there. Who knows what could happen to it. >.>

Now Dreamworks doesn't even do cartoons for network TV at all, their new cartoons are Netflix-exclusive. Which reminds me, I was wondering if maybe the show won't be on any TV channel at all and just be exclusive to Netflix. I don't have Netflix, so I would prefer it to be on TV, but I'm sure I could find some other way to watch it.
---
Purple dragon.
#283 Posted: 00:13:44 03/06/2016
Quote:
Eric Rogers *****@EricRogersLA 3 hhá 3 horas Los Angeles, CA

It is really nice when fresh eyes view what you've been slaving over for months and you get the laughs you're hoping for. #makesitallworthit

Wonder what this means... Someone asked him about and it said it's getting revealed soon,so it's Academy again.
Was discussing with a friend, this could be test audiences or someone they needed to present this to, but I wonder if he's talking about Academy!Jet-Vac in Imaginators? Someone should ask him if he's co-writing for the game,actually,since his character interpretations are on it :U
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:13:59 03/06/2016 by Bifrost
#284 Posted: 00:36:50 03/06/2016
Confirmation: he's only on the tv series.

https://twitter.com/CrystalBla...524914508955652
---
#285 Posted: 00:42:09 03/06/2016
Oh, thanks for helping clearing that up, Aura. So test audience is very likely.
---
#286 Posted: 15:41:23 16/06/2016
http://www.ew.com/article/2016...academy-netflix

IT'S COMING TO NETFLIX YOU GUYS! Stealth Elf looks weird, though...
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#287 Posted: 15:44:12 16/06/2016
*waits for image to load up*

*sees Stealth Elf*

OH SWEET JESUS. WHAT IS THAT?
---
Dead
#288 Posted: 15:45:28 16/06/2016
PUT THE MASK BACK ON SE FOR THE LOVE OF EON

Graphics are odd but looks great! Not so great is cancelling my Netflix subscription last month because I ridn't have the time for anything.
---
#289 Posted: 15:46:49 16/06/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
http://www.ew.com/article/2016...academy-netflix

IT'S COMING TO NETFLIX YOU GUYS! Stealth Elf looks weird, though...

YES!

BEST PLACE TO COME TOO!

Also the graphics look gorgeous IMHO
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:48:10 16/06/2016 by HeyitsHotDog
#290 Posted: 15:48:27 16/06/2016
http://nintendoeverything.com/...flix-this-fall/
https://twitter.com/skylanders...467599896272896

More links with more screenshots. Show looks great, aside from maskless Stealth Elf.
#291 Posted: 15:50:32 16/06/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
http://nintendoeverything.com/...flix-this-fall/
https://twitter.com/skylanders...467599896272896

More links with more screenshots. Show looks great, aside from maskless Stealth Elf.

Spyro looks great but his face looks odd due to the expresion.

Kaos looks differnet some how
---
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#292 Posted: 15:51:33 16/06/2016
In that picture of pyro, he also looks pretty weird, like his mouth is too small (though it's not nearly as bad as nightmare fuel Stealth Elf).
---
Dead
#293 Posted: 15:52:27 16/06/2016
Kaos' face is super soft, he's always had wrinkles and now he just has the eyebrow ones.
---
#294 Posted: 15:54:32 16/06/2016
Quote: mega spyro
In that picture of pyro, he also looks pretty weird, like his mouth is too small (though it's not nearly as bad as nightmare fuel Stealth Elf).

That's because of his expression mostly. I'm sure he'll look fine in the show.
---
#295 Posted: 15:58:13 16/06/2016
They seem to have streamlined Eruptor's design so that it is more smooth in the upper body then cracked around the arms.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#296 Posted: 16:04:27 16/06/2016
I'm really liking the look of this!
#297 Posted: 16:15:27 16/06/2016
Aww yeah, new forum!

Kinda wanted it to be its own section,though.
---
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#298 Posted: 16:19:15 16/06/2016
Pop Fizz looks a lil' grumpy.

https://twitter.com/atvistudio...475295341142016
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#299 Posted: 16:54:50 16/06/2016
Netflix huh? Good choice... and enables me to watch since I don't have cable (but do have Netflix). <.>;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Rovaulin Green Sparx Gems: 447
#300 Posted: 16:58:58 16/06/2016
Netflix!!!! YES!
It looks pretty good visually, hopefully the story is good. But why is Eon still in human form!?!?!?!?!

-Rov
---
Hey there! I don't comment much, but I'm always watching! =)
-Rov
First | Previous | Page 6 of 58 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 56 57 58

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me