Forum

Skylanders Academy

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Academy > Skylanders: Academy - General Discussion Topic
First | Previous | Page 51 of 58 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 56 57 58
Skylanders: Academy - General Discussion Topic [STICKY]
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2501 Posted: 01:18:07 11/10/2017
Completely forgot about Sun Runner.
Guess Light and Dark characters will appear by the end of the entire show, the latter (well, The Darkness, at least) has been acknowledged multiple times and could work perfectly for concepts such as Dark Spyro or Kaos and Kaossandra's aligenment, just like the former could work for Eon.

Thanks for having used spoiler tags anyway, Gaia, I didn't remember Eric's statements and was kinda expecting Spotlight or Blackout to appear during the season's finale. smilie

Speaking about Elements, though, I have another question regarding the fifth episode:
when Broccoli Guy was confronting Glumshanks he said something about draining the life out of him because he is a troll.
Was he simply talking about his literal life force or can trolls belong to multiple Elements in Academy?
Guess it's the former since he already absorbed Life from the sheep's island, but it sounded weird to me.

Don't know, might be interesting to discuss.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:18:56 11/10/2017 by Drek95
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#2502 Posted: 01:20:45 11/10/2017
I'm pretty sure Eric does want to use the Light and Dark characters tho.

Pls add Knight Light and Knight Mare thanks.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2503 Posted: 01:21:12 11/10/2017
astroblast plz
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#2504 Posted: 01:23:36 11/10/2017
Nightfall pls

Quote: Drek95

Speaking about Elements, though, I have another question regarding the fifth episode:
when Broccoli Guy was confronting Glumshanks he said something about draining the life out of him because he is a troll.
Was he simply talking about his literal life force or can trolls belong to multiple Elements in Academy?
Guess it's the former since he already absorbed Life from the sheep's island, but it sounded weird to me.

The specific statement is that trolls have high regeneration, so they're abundant in Life. Weird change since trolls still seem to be technicians in this canon

On the other thing, I didn't put spoiler since Eric discussed that months ago; though he did say that if the miracle of S4 happens, he'll totally consider our suggestions for characters.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:24:49 11/10/2017 by Bifrost
#2505 Posted: 01:26:42 11/10/2017
if so can we flood his suggestions with Luminous??
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#2506 Posted: 01:35:22 11/10/2017
As much as I love Astro and Nightfall, the Knights and Dragons were the first so I'd really like to see them
BUTTT I would be fine with either
pls add Luminous too
pls
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#2507 Posted: 01:45:01 11/10/2017
i wanna see Zap and Drobot.
#2508 Posted: 01:46:15 11/10/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Nightfall pls

The specific statement is that trolls have high regeneration, so they're abundant in Life. Weird change since trolls still seem to be technicians in this canon

On the other thing, I didn't put spoiler since Eric discussed that months ago; though he did say that if the miracle of S4 happens, he'll totally consider our suggestions for characters.

That's exactly why it surprised me, though to be honest I don't remember seeing many trolls in the show.
There were probably a few in the first season, but waaaaay too much time has passed to remember them; guess I'll have to rewatch it, someday.
Maybe we could relate it to the Green Primordial Goo in Spyro's Adventure, it's the most Life-ish thing I could associate to trolls aside from them cutting down trees. smilie

I'd definitely like to see her, plus Blackout because he's too damn edgy not to be used for comedic purposes.
As for Light, Luminous and Astroblast, which could be used as an excuse for a sci-fi/alien-themed episode.

And Pop Thorn.
Just... Just add him.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:47:58 11/10/2017 by Drek95
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#2509 Posted: 01:56:25 11/10/2017
WE NEED POP THORN!

ALL MIGHTY PUFFY DRAGON LORD!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#2510 Posted: 02:03:39 11/10/2017
Whenever I deal with something that could even slightly be taken as a spoiler, I use tags. Probably over cautious but , eh.

Also Blaster Tron please!

(Obvious suggestion is obvious)
---
Hahahahaha
#2511 Posted: 02:28:02 11/10/2017
Never too cautious, people might find spoilers in the smallest things. smilie

I could totally see some Trap Team villains becoming recurring characters, especially the ones who eventually became Senseis: I would particularly like if they could introduce Tae Kwon Crow, Blaster-Tron and Grave Clobber.
He could have some really interesting dynamics with Golden Queen.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:42:40 12/10/2017 by Drek95
Glitchy Witchy Blue Sparx Gems: 911
#2512 Posted: 05:45:38 11/10/2017
Completely forgot about Sun Runner.
Guess Light and Dark characters will appear by the end of the entire show, the latter (well, The Darkness, at least) has been acknowledged multiple times and could work perfectly for concepts such as Dark Spyro or Kaos and Kaossandra's aligenment, just like the former could work for Eon.

Thanks for having used spoiler tags anyway, Gaia, I didn't remember Eric's statements and was kinda expecting Spotlight or Blackout to appear during the season's finale. smilie

Not sure if spoiler? Better safe than sorry!

Didn't he take the earth element on the sheep island?
In any case, I don't think he refers to troll's elements in general, but simply take the life from their high regeneration. Although I could
see Glum as life element, but I don't think that would be the case for all trolls.
---
''Ah'm all about, hilarity!''
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#2513 Posted: 13:55:59 11/10/2017
Just saw a spoiler of episode 13 of Season 2 on Youtube... HOLY MOLEY!

Eon and Kaos are related? maybe father and son?
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
#2514 Posted: 14:18:06 11/10/2017
Quote: Archae
Just saw a spoiler of episode 13 of Season 2 on Youtube... HOLY MOLEY!

Eon and Kaos are related? maybe father and son?

Spoiler thread for all of your juicy spoiler concerns. But, to keep it brief if you won't watch it yet... Yes, or something along those lines smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:18:35 11/10/2017 by Bifrost
#2515 Posted: 14:28:37 11/10/2017
Good news, everyone. Netflix lists Skylanders Academy as trending! That could be a good sign, right?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#2516 Posted: 15:27:21 11/10/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Good news, everyone. Netflix lists Skylanders Academy as trending! That could be a good sign, right?

Yeah that’s a very good sign !!! smilie
it means that more people are watching the show.

Millions of people are on Netflix having the show listed as trending means that more people are more likely to watch it.

Update : Skylanders Academy is number 1 on trending !!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:24:04 11/10/2017 by KingMed
#2517 Posted: 17:12:39 11/10/2017

new video.
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#2518 Posted: 17:17:28 11/10/2017
So out of character it hurts.
---
Soon.
#2519 Posted: 17:18:48 11/10/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark
So out of character it hurts.

Should have been JV or SE.
---
#2520 Posted: 17:20:12 11/10/2017
That scene about the kitchen timers is still amazing. Some kids' shows would have that happen because bad things happen to bad people or something, but Eric still went out of his way to make it even funnier by explaining.
---
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#2521 Posted: 18:23:31 11/10/2017
Quote: KingMed

Millions of people are on Netflix having the show listed as trending means that more people are more likely to watch it.

Thats great smilie that allso mean that season 3 will probobly happen.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#2522 Posted: 19:21:04 11/10/2017
Quote: omer1698
Quote: KingMed

Thats great smilie that allso mean that season 3 will probobly happen.

Season 3 will definitely happen since they paid so much money already...The big question is are we getting a fourth season ?
#2523 Posted: 19:24:40 11/10/2017
As long as it stays on top of that trending list, Netflix will probably gladly fork over more money. Issue is with Acti who doesn't care anymore.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:24:58 11/10/2017 by Bifrost
#2524 Posted: 20:14:19 11/10/2017
we know we're getting a season 3. if the show continues to trend, then we'll have a good shot at S4.

i'll flood the suggestions with fiesta and luminous
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#2525 Posted: 20:18:34 11/10/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
we know we're getting a season 3. if the show continues to trend, then we'll have a good shot at S4.

i'll flood the suggestions with fiesta and luminous

PLEASE DO
#2526 Posted: 20:26:29 11/10/2017
Don't flood Eric, he's on twitter long enough daily to know when to ignore certain users.

HOWEVER, yeah, he's written Fiesta in some shape already. He's got the most chance out of all characters if he isn't in S3 already.

Honestly, with Hex I can't complain about not getting certain characters, but if you guys want some ideas, here's what we're missing in the show:

-Chill and Snap Shot are the only Water skylanders, Snap Shot is retired
-No Life or Dark(Fisticuffs does not count as far as abilities go)
-No Superchargers, only one Sensei, no reformed villains, no Minis
-No active Swap Force, Hoot Loop is mentioned
-Jet-Vac is the only Air skylander
-Flashwing is the only Earth skylander
-Characters that could benefit from the current lore (not specifying spoilers) are Aurora, Enigma/Star Strike/Buckshot, Tree Rex(possibly in S3), Ambush, any Sentinel
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:28:51 11/10/2017 by Bifrost
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#2527 Posted: 20:30:03 11/10/2017
Life has Food Fight and Stealth Elf.
---
Soon.
#2528 Posted: 20:30:53 11/10/2017
Yup, every other element has at least two active characters.
---
#2529 Posted: 22:08:48 11/10/2017
I know it may sound weird, especially since he's the king of reposes which I highly despise but... I kinda miss Gill Grunt.
I think Trigger Happy appeared very briefly, so not having him around when he's the only Spyro's Adventure's starter to not be featured feels kinda sad.

Other personal suggestions would include Rocky Roll, Prism Break, Drobot, Echo, Chop Chop, Dune Bug, Zoo Lou and Sunburn.
Dragon hybrids such as him or Whirlwind could tie nicely to the sub-plot they seem to be building.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:09:36 11/10/2017 by Drek95
#2530 Posted: 22:13:16 11/10/2017
Triggs makes cameos, he's C Team if not in the same importance level as Flashwing. I don't like Gill Grunt in the main team, even more now with the new substitute member(not gonna say it, respecting Drek's pace), but I don't think I'd mind if he managed the water heating system of the campus or something.
---
#2531 Posted: 22:19:18 11/10/2017
Ya know, earlier today, I thought of Gill Grunt. I wish he was in the show and av VERY surprised he's not, especially since he's canonically Spyro's best friend.

Also thought of Riptide and Countdown. They'd be great in SA, especially the former.
---
#2532 Posted: 22:27:40 11/10/2017
Oh, not in the main team by any means.
Yeah, I'd picture him as a background character and that could be a very nice role for him; plus it would work as an inside joke for long time fans, who know how overexposed he's in the games and would probably jiggle by watching him appear so briefly.

Substitute member, huh?
Oooooh, so curious, right now (thanks for the kindness, by the way). smilie

Uuuuh, I'd love to see Countdown as well!
He could be a very funny comic relief or they could approach him more seriously and try to make him remember something he forgot after an explosion.
Can't say the same for Rip Tide, though it might be a good chance to give him a more complex personality.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:23:48 15/10/2017 by Drek95
#2533 Posted: 22:42:33 11/10/2017
Oh, not in the main team by any means.
Yeah, I'd picture him as a background character and that could be a very nice role for him; plus it would work as an inside joke for long time fans, who know how overexposed he's in the games and woukd probably jiggle by watching him appear so briefly.

Substitute member, huh?
Oooooh, so curious, right now (thanks for the kindness, by the way). smilie

Uuuuh, I'd love to see Countdown as well!
He could be a very funny comic relief or they could approach him more seriously and try to make him remember something he forgot after an explosion.
Can't say the same for Rip Tide, though it might be a good chance to give him a more complex personality.

Honestly, just make Riptide the Flynn of Skylanders and you got it set.
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#2534 Posted: 22:58:41 11/10/2017
People hating on Gill but Stealth Elf is the one that got in 3 starter packs and got countless of variants and reposes.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#2535 Posted: 23:06:07 11/10/2017
SE isn't the problem, the marketing is. Gill Grunt's problem is that the character is all over the place and currently he's a less effective Academy Eruptor.

We don't talk about ingame Eruptor.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:06:29 11/10/2017 by Bifrost
#2536 Posted: 23:10:59 11/10/2017
SE isn't the problem, the marketing is. Gill Grunt's problem is that the character is all over the place and currently he's a less effective Academy Eruptor.

We don't talk about ingame Eruptor.

What'dya mean exactly?
---
#2537 Posted: 23:13:25 11/10/2017
Quote: Kevin16
People hating on Gill but Stealth Elf is the one that got in 3 starter packs and got countless of variants and reposes.

That's more of a Vicarious Visions' thing, though.
Gill Grunt has been given many reposes and variants by both teams, though he hasn't at least been shoehorned in any Starter Pack.

He could also be an excuse for a sea/pirate/underwater episode, and it could very well be our chance to finally see her long lost mermaid girlfriend.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#2538 Posted: 23:17:45 11/10/2017

What'dya mean exactly?

Gill Grunt is said to have a millitary inspired character and be very protective of people, but nothing of that even appears in the games or books. He's goofy, or is standard sailor character, or is a slacker; in general if you told me to think of something he'd say that's not a fish pun, I'd have no idea. With what we have, he'd cover the same spot as Eruptor on Academy, which isn't cool.

As for ingame Eruptor, you played Imaginators. You start to question what the hell he's even doing as a Skylander or any action job really.
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#2539 Posted: 23:20:58 11/10/2017
Yeeeh... Eruptor was really annoying in Imaginators. i'm pretty sure Academy can fix whats wrong with Gill Grunt though, they made Eruptor actually good.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#2540 Posted: 23:28:17 11/10/2017

What'dya mean exactly?

Gill Grunt is said to have a millitary inspired character and be very protective of people, but nothing of that even appears in the games or books. He's goofy, or is standard sailor character, or is a slacker; in general if you told me to think of something he'd say that's not a fish pun, I'd have no idea. With what we have, he'd cover the same spot as Eruptor on Academy, which isn't cool.

As for ingame Eruptor, you played Imaginators. You start to question what the hell he's even doing as a Skylander or any action job really.

I get what ya mean. Frankly, I'm sure you could change his character up to make him stand out, but it is kinda hard to figure out his spot. At least in Imaginators, he felt a bit closer to how he was intended.

Eruptor in Imaginators was a total joke, they tried to replicate his personality, but they really didn't know how.
---
#2541 Posted: 23:28:49 11/10/2017
Annoying is a blanket term. Eruptor is useless in Imaginators. Lava joke, some excuse about having stomachache, baby words, lava joke again. At least the other characters pretend to be doing something(even if they're also standing around watching you play) instead of being dead weight.

Which is why Eruptor in Academy is a precious bab that must be protected. He's goofy, he has problems to work through, but he also has great qualities and you genuinely want him to have moments of cleverness, not unlike Knuckles in Sonic Boom.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:29:58 11/10/2017 by Bifrost
#2542 Posted: 00:47:38 12/10/2017
Here's the daily episode opinion no one asked for! smilie

It was nice to see more of the chemistry between Skull and Hex, but I'd lie if I said that was the most interesting part.
I enjoyed the Doom Raiders' sub-plot quite more, this time, especially because of the slight but important Kaos' development.

The whole roasting was a bit silly, and the zombie invasion was more entertaining, but it had no relevance and didn't even move forward Spyro's plot.
The implications of Undead powers were amazing, though.

Glasses-less Hugo was the scariest moment of the episode by far.

Curious about the next one, but I'd like to see more plot advancement from now on.
Not sure how many episodes are left, but I'd guess I'm around the middle of the season.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:48:40 12/10/2017 by Drek95
#2543 Posted: 01:37:57 12/10/2017
Probably the third one because of the characters and plot details it introduced, though the fourth one surprised me a lot because of how fantastic Broccoli Guy was.

If we are talking about both seasons, I'd say the first season's finale takes the spot.
But I'm really looking forward to this one's.

How about you?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:38:28 12/10/2017 by Drek95
#2544 Posted: 11:46:23 12/10/2017
Quote: Blue Gaudreau
Probably the third one because of the characters and plot details it introduced, though the fourth one surprised me a lot because of how fantastic Broccoli Guy was.

If we are talking about both seasons, I'd say the first season's finale takes the spot.
But I'm really looking forward to this one's.

How about you?

In season 2 it's the finale
as well as in general
But for me in season 1 it would be Pop Rocks

That was nice as well, just not my cup of tea.
Can't wait to see this season's finale, sounds like it's awesome!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#2545 Posted: 16:41:57 12/10/2017
In tangential news, Eric is in talks for his new show, in an animation studio from Dublin. He said it's a level above Skylanders while still not quite Futurama, so if you like his style, might be good to keep an eye on that in the coming months. He also said he has tons of freedom in that show unlike Academy.
---
#2546 Posted: 17:50:36 12/10/2017
Just hope Eric doesn't leave Academy for the show...
---
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#2547 Posted: 18:16:53 12/10/2017
Just hope Eric doesn't leave Academy for the show...

dont think so, academy is doin great right now (knock on wood) it will not be very samrt to leave right now.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#2548 Posted: 18:31:01 12/10/2017
Josh Haber was helping him run Academy on the first season while being the head writer for MLP, I think working on a handful shows is not uncommon.
---
#2549 Posted: 18:38:15 12/10/2017
Uuuuuh, nice, I'll certainly be looking forward to his next creation. smilie

Anyway, saw episode 7.
Now that's more like it!

The plot was really engaging, I honestly couldn't figure out who were the one behind all thefts until it became obvious.
Bifrost's mention of a substitute in the main team made me think Pop Fizz would have been left in Cloudcracker, and Sprocket would have taken his spot, so it even added more spice to an otherwise predictable end.

The second plot was truly funny, have to mention how much I love the sophisticated incarnation of Glumshanks in the show even more than the still enjoyable games' one, and we finally got to see more of the dark entity Kaossandra is trying to keep at bay.
Have to guess it's The Darkness, but somebody mention a new main villain besides Malefor, so it could be him.

Also liked Fisticuffs' brief appereance, small touches like that and the previous episode shot of the Academy's courtyard make me understand how much passion and dedication was put while looking at the source material.

High expectations, now!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:57:08 16/10/2017 by Drek95
#2550 Posted: 01:10:27 14/10/2017
You've heard of elf on the shelf

Quote:
My son was playing around on #Netflix and found #skylandersacademy. I like it. My favorite character is Shelf Elf.

(Not sourcing because I don't want to name a random person for making a typo)
---
First | Previous | Page 51 of 58 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 56 57 58

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me