Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Skylanders TV Series
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#1 Posted: 18:15:09 06/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Mods, please move this to the appropriate forum if needed...

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1...o-starting-with

Activision is making a TV show
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 18:21:22 06/11/2015
Dunno if 'oh yeah' or 'oh no', hopefully the former. The obscure VAs seem to point towards inhouse production... Or a budget small enough for the third party they can't even afford the real ones.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:23:13 06/11/2015 by Bifrost
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#3 Posted: 18:25:11 06/11/2015
Ooh interesting. Here's the part of the press release about the Skylanders show:

Quote:
Activision Blizzard Studios' first production will be "Skylanders™ Academy," an animated TV series based on the award-winning Skylanders® game. Currently in production under the supervision of showrunner Eric Rogers ("Futurama"), "Skylanders™ Academy" will feature the voices of Justin Long ("Alvin and the Chipmunks," "Ask Me Anything") as Spyro, Ashley Tisdale ("Phineas and Ferb," "High School Musical") as Stealth Elf, Jonathan Banks ("Breaking Bad," "Better Call Saul") as Eruptor and Norm Macdonald ("Saturday Night Live") as Glumshanks. Additional voice talent includes Harland Williams and Richard Horvitz. The award-winning, $3 billion Skylanders® franchise has sold through more than 250 million toys since pioneering the toys-to-life category in 2011i.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#4 Posted: 18:29:23 06/11/2015
Well, we'll have two series about the Academy, huh. Also tending towards oh no with the new Spyro VA. It's not just having worked on Alvin and the Chipmunks, is because Spyro already has a history of unfitting or plain weird voices.

But all points to produced inhouse, so at least it'll look nice.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:32:29 06/11/2015 by Bifrost
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#5 Posted: 18:33:59 06/11/2015
I certainly did not expect that. I wonder if it will compliment the comics.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:35:53 06/11/2015 by TTD
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#6 Posted: 18:40:00 06/11/2015
Why not keep the same VA from the games? Does this mean that Justin Long, Ashley Tisdale, Johnathan Banks and Norm Mcdonald will replace the VG VA in the games too?

@Bifrost, this is was Justin Long actually sounds like. Hes the guy in the grey shirt.

Might as well do the rest of the cast.

Ashley Tisdale

Johnathan Banks

Norm Macdonald

Harland Willaims

---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#7 Posted: 18:41:56 06/11/2015
I think the reason for them choosing new voice actors is that these voice actors are more widely known which will attract fans of them to the skylanders show.
#8 Posted: 18:44:07 06/11/2015
Quote: TTD
I think the reason for them choosing new voice actors is that these voice actors are more widely known which will attract fans of them to the skylanders show.

I figured just that. These actors are widely known. Justin Long is friggin awesome!

Also, ever notice how kids shows are now getting great casts these days?

I also expecting for Patrick Warburton to return as Flynn, since Richard will obviously voice Kaos still. I'm assuming the same for Cali and Hugo.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:51:58 06/11/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#9 Posted: 18:58:45 06/11/2015
Finally! smilie Let's hope that it won't be childish :/
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#10 Posted: 19:00:38 06/11/2015
Quote: Buuzer
Finally! smilie Let's hope that it won't be childish :/

Knowing cartoons nowadays and how likely Skylanders Academy will be on Cartoon Network or Netflix, I'm expecting something similar in tone to SSC.
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#11 Posted: 19:07:01 06/11/2015
"Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick added, “We intend to approach film and television development with the same unwavering commitment to excellence we are known for in game development."

LOL!
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#12 Posted: 19:08:11 06/11/2015
Jonathan sodding Banks as Eruptor are you ****ting me! How on earth did they manage something like that and waste the opportunity on a character like Eruptor.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#13 Posted: 19:15:39 06/11/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone
"Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick added, “We intend to approach film and television development with the same unwavering commitment to excellence we are known for in game development."

LOL!

Someone should've asked him where was he at the SC "launch". Oh wait. There wasn't one!
Banditguy Green Sparx Gems: 224
#14 Posted: 19:23:51 06/11/2015
Let's hope the writing will be like the games
---
Mario kart 8: destroyer of friendships
#15 Posted: 19:40:31 06/11/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone

LOL!

You hating on Skylanders now or at least hating on SSC is getting reeeal old.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:46:58 06/11/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#16 Posted: 19:49:14 06/11/2015
Well... From this, I'm expecting it to be somewhat like the Sonic Boom series. It's probably not going to be as heavy or emotional as Steven Universe or Gravity Falls, but will probably still keep the tone of the games.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#17 Posted: 20:00:13 06/11/2015
Well I now who I wish to see in this show. In fact here are my top 10 Characters I wanna see in the show and you may give out your own list as well.

1. smilie
2. smilie
3. smilie
4. smilie
5. smilie
6. smilie
7. smilie
8. smilie
9. smilie
10. smilie
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#18 Posted: 20:03:09 06/11/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
Well... From this, I'm expecting it to be somewhat like the Sonic Boom series. It's probably not going to be as heavy or emotional as Steven Universe or Gravity Falls, but will probably still keep the tone of the games.

Hoping it'll have a better budget being with the company though. Had to stop Sonic Boom because at a point the reused soundtrack and assets just got grating no matter how good Polsky writes.

Also why do I have a feeling they'll make Hex a Zecora clone? Dunno, I just have this gut feeling.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:12:03 06/11/2015 by Bifrost
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#19 Posted: 20:08:39 06/11/2015
I've waited for this since a long time, but now I don't know how to feel about it. I just hope it will have more characters have their own episodes. I'm hyped to see a first teaser to see if it's going to be a win or a failure.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#20 Posted: 20:13:40 06/11/2015
Interesting how they mentioned they'd never make a movie or show because the joy came from the games. I guess money changes a lot.
#21 Posted: 20:14:24 06/11/2015
Quote: Bifrost

Hoping it'll have a better budget being with the company though. Had to stop Sonic Boom because at a point the reused soundtrack and assets just got grating no matter how good Polsky writes.

Also why do I have a feeling they'll make Hex a Zecora clone? Dunno, I just have this gut feeling.

I always envisioned Hex as more like Raven from Teen Titans and Go. A loner, likes to keep to herself, dark, mysterious... and secretly likes girly things.
---
Check this out! Please?
#22 Posted: 20:24:57 06/11/2015
Dunno, her role in Return of the Dragon King and Cynder Confronts the Weather Wizard don't make her too much of a loner or mysterious unless it's about her powers. She seems to be just really no-nonsense despite only wanting others to be happy like those stern librarian character types.
---
#23 Posted: 21:06:03 06/11/2015
My guess the main Skylanders will be Spyro, Gill, SE, Eruptor, Jet-Vac, Pop Fizz, and a few other select Skylanders. I'm also expecting them to use some non flagship Skylanders like Hot Dog, Countdown, and Food Fight.
---
#24 Posted: 21:06:38 06/11/2015
Nah, Hex isn't like Zecora. Zecora barely has screentime and is only there to make things without sense. I don't think she's a loner either, I think she just tries to gain the trust of the cruel, unthankfull folk which she saves like every day. She also doesn't want to hurt people and doesn't have such a short temper as Raven (Though Raven also has a pretty long temper, but we never saw Hex in rage except for her resting screen).
#25 Posted: 21:10:41 06/11/2015
I know, I just had this gut feeling that this will be her role even then; the person that gives the magical artifacts whenever the plot calls for it and all.
---
Skylandskid Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#26 Posted: 21:15:07 06/11/2015
O. My. GLOB!!
---
rest in peace, Dreamcatcher
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#27 Posted: 21:24:10 06/11/2015
Yay

Can't wait.
Ashley Tisdale could easily play Cali.
With proper actors the writing must be ok to coz other wise they wouldn't do it.

Personally I think skylanders hit its peak popularity in Giants and SF days, and this should've been done after that to keep it flowing.

But I guess this means they're gonna try and revitalise the franchise now and keep it going smilie
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#28 Posted: 21:41:33 06/11/2015
Josh Haber of the horse television series is the story editor for the show, he was actually a fan-favourite to be the next story editor for that show so he might do is a pretty good job.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#29 Posted: 21:42:36 06/11/2015
Wow. Things become crazy here. Let's hope the series is good in the same level of the comics and SuperChargers.
---
Bruh
#30 Posted: 21:44:07 06/11/2015
Quote: bionicle2809
Josh Haber of the horse television series is the story editor for the show, he was actually a fan-favourite to be the next story editor for that show so he might do is a pretty good job.

Wait,he is? Haven't looked up the writers ever since Amy Keating Rogers left ._.'

Oh....
...He's writing Equestria Girls.

Well back to panicking.
---
G2nt Yellow Sparx Gems: 1130
#31 Posted: 21:44:22 06/11/2015
If Roller Brawl appears it better be Cree Summer or nothing
---
Boop!
#32 Posted: 22:11:04 06/11/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: bionicle2809

Wait,he is? Haven't looked up the writers ever since Amy Keating Rogers left ._.'

Oh....
...He's writing Equestria Girls.

Well back to panicking.

Equestria Girls... well the last two movies weren't that bad (ignore the band and friendship games theme and you have a good story) I loved the Dazzlings and the story of the last movie was pretty dramatic as well and I also loved the dark Twilight. When it comes to villains it could make up to a good story, a Skylander could turn evil because of Kaos, maybe Hex? I'm obviously drifting off into the fandom section.
#33 Posted: 22:13:50 06/11/2015
Quote: Drawdler
smilie

More than anything, this is just happening too late for me to be interested, but it'll probably air on some cable channel that I don't have anyway.

Well,there are places in the internet you can watch cartoons for free. Which I'll probably have to do since online episodes must be alien to Acti and my country never airs new shows in the same year they come out.

I dunno about EG being good even comparing to similar animated movies. The writing just drives plot convenience up the wall - YEAH EVIL MONSTERS FROM PORTALS ARE ATTACKING THE STUDENTS LET'S KEEP THE GAMES GOING, and many others. I actually liked the first one and disliked the rest,really :I then again I'm an heretic who despised Slice of Life too.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:15:42 06/11/2015 by Bifrost
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#34 Posted: 22:16:12 06/11/2015
I think it'll be similar to Viva Pinata with more of a storyline though.
Can't wait to try it out!
#35 Posted: 22:34:45 06/11/2015
Quote: G2nt

And lets not forget the two greatest Skylanders actors of all time:
Patrick Warburton and Richard Steven Horvitz.
If they ain't in, I'm out.
---
Check this out! Please?
#36 Posted: 22:48:08 06/11/2015
Quote: G2nt

And lets not forget the two greatest Skylanders actors of all time:
Patrick Warburton and Richard Steven Horvitz.
If they ain't in, I'm out.

Horvitz is in and Warburton is strongly likely in as well.
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#37 Posted: 22:49:53 06/11/2015
Gill Grunt plz.
#38 Posted: 22:50:46 06/11/2015
Quote: UncleBob
Gill Grunt plz.

I'm thinking its likely hes gonna be a main character.
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#39 Posted: 22:51:50 06/11/2015
It's a great time to be alive, people. Never thought I would see this day.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#40 Posted: 22:53:41 06/11/2015
Gill Grunt plz.

No! Enough of that Gill Grunt madness! He's already dominating the franchise itself, we want interesting characters like Hex and... I can't think of anyone else at the moment. His personality couldn't be less interesting.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#41 Posted: 22:54:37 06/11/2015
I hope the storyline is much like the tone from the comics.

[User Posted Image]
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#42 Posted: 22:55:21 06/11/2015
I'm open to this let's hope it will be something good and hoping that some of my favourite will be on the show.
---
POPSMARTS!
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#43 Posted: 22:59:57 06/11/2015
Quote: Crash10
Wow. Things become crazy here. Let's hope the series is good in the same level of the comics and SuperChargers.

If they target people 6-10, then they will exclude many people. f they have injected some decent fantasy and average intellect in the series, it will be the cat's meow. If the story is even remotely close to SC's story, then they will do much to cinch both the game and their respective marks in the industry for many years to come.

If they execute like they delivered yawn traps in the US, then we'll be lucky to get two seasons.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:04:41 06/11/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#44 Posted: 23:05:12 06/11/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: Crash10

If they target people 6-10, then they will exclude many people. f they have injected some decent fantasy and average intellect in the series, it will be the cat's meow.

Comics have the target audience and have fun concepts like a Skylander almost dying,throwing entire airships on people,and anything involving Malefor. As long as the writers still lend a hand it'll be fine... Now,if we have the equestria girls guy doing everything,not too sure.
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#45 Posted: 23:05:25 06/11/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Gill Grunt plz.

He should be THE main character. I wonder if it's too late for them to change the name to Gill Grunt Academy.
#46 Posted: 23:07:26 06/11/2015
The pilot episode won't be out until 2016.

Gill Grunt plz.

He should be THE main character. I wonder if it's too late for them to change the name to Gill Grunt Academy.

I think we got the message a while ago that you are deeply obsessed with an amphibian video game character, Bob.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#47 Posted: 23:09:15 06/11/2015
Quote: Aura24
The pilot episode won't be out until 2016.

I think we got the message a while ago that you are deeply obsessed with an amphibian video game character, Bob.

Gill Grunt is a fish. C'mon Aura.

*disappointed stare*
---
#48 Posted: 23:11:56 06/11/2015

Gill Grunt is a fish. C'mon Aura.

*disappointed stare*

Someone hasn't been listening to Gurglefin's dialogue in SSA, and forgot about Kaos's Evil Amphibious Gillman (Gill Grunt's dark counterpart).

Quote: Gurglefin
"I'm a Gillman, not a fish."
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:32:29 06/11/2015 by Aura24
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me