Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Until Dawn- The All Purpose Topic!!
Page 1 of 1
Until Dawn- The All Purpose Topic!! [CLOSED]
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1 Posted: 04:24:17 03/11/2015 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Welcome to the darkSpyro Until Dawn All Purpose Topic!

What is Until Dawn?
Quote:
Until Dawn is an interactive drama survival horror video game developed by Supermassive Games and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 4. It was originally scheduled to be released on the PlayStation 3 and feature PlayStation Move support, but in August 2014, the game was reintroduced as a PlayStation 4 exclusive, and was released worldwide in August 2015.

What's the game actually about though?
Quote:
Eight friends trapped together on a remote mountain retreat, and they aren’t alone. Gripped by dread, with tensions running high, they must fight through their fear if they all hope to make through the night in one piece.

Play as each of the eight characters and experience fear like you never have before. Every decision you make in your terrifying search for answers could mean the difference between life and death, but for whom? Your actions alone will decide who survives Until Dawn.

Are there any sequels planned?

Quote:
In an interview with PlayStation LifeStyle, executive producer Pete Samuels stated that Supermassive Games is exploring the possibility of continuing Until Dawn. A spin-off, titled Until Dawn: Rush of Blood was announced by Sony at Paris Games Week 2015. Described as an arcade shooter, the game's development began in the middle of Until Dawn's development. It is set to be released for the PlayStation VR.

I'll update this post (and the next) periodically with news about this game series! So, discuss!
#2 Posted: 04:24:34 03/11/2015 | Topic Creator
[RESERVED FOR NEWS]
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#3 Posted: 08:15:38 03/11/2015
emily is simultaneously the best and worst character
---
self professed austGAYlian
#4 Posted: 15:49:23 03/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: ReshiramForever
emily is simultaneously the best and worst character

I really dislike Emily's attitude and just her personality in general, but she's horribly well written.
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#5 Posted: 08:10:16 17/02/2016
I cannot believe how little comments this topic got... I mean, I just finished Until Dawn, and I am absolutely in love with it. I am a huge fan of horror movies, and I thought this celebrated the genre just as well as Cabin in the Woods did. The only character I thought didn't really belong in the story, or do anything, was Sam. Sam was just... there. She didn't really serve any purpose.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#6 Posted: 00:12:55 18/02/2016
Anyone watch GTLive play this?
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#7 Posted: 19:07:42 18/02/2016
Quote: CelesteInk
I cannot believe how little comments this topic got... I mean, I just finished Until Dawn, and I am absolutely in love with it. I am a huge fan of horror movies, and I thought this celebrated the genre just as well as Cabin in the Woods did. The only character I thought didn't really belong in the story, or do anything, was Sam. Sam was just... there. She didn't really serve any purpose.

I think the lack of posts is more to do with, why do we need a topic for this game? It's very good, I enjoyed it, I agree but is it really necessary? No. It's a linear game with that kind of pseudo 'choices matter' nonsense that Cage was spinning us back in the early 2000's with Indigo Prophecy. There's not really much to talk about other than "did you make that choice?" and someone saying "yes" or "no".
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#8 Posted: 08:50:41 19/02/2016
@Bionicle2809 This is not at all the case. First off, the choices here are far more important than seen in Quantic Dream or Telltale games... you know, the illusion of choice. Until Dawn actually has choice. Nonetheless, this is not the point. Until Dawn is a special little game, being there's no right way to play, and no right way to think. Is it supposed to scare you? Should you hate these characters? Should you love them? Entirely up to you.

There's plenty to talk about here. How you felt throughout the story, how you reacted, what you thought of things (especially on the darker themes... such as everything Josh), what characters you liked, what characters you didn't like. Until Dawn is essentially a tv series or movie. Did Mad Max: Fury Road, Star Wars VII, or Deadpool get tons of conversations going? Of course, because they're great movies, and people all had different experiences with them, just like with Until Dawn.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#9 Posted: 13:45:57 20/02/2016
Quote: CelesteInk
First off, the choices here are far more important than seen in Quantic Dream or Telltale games... you know, the illusion of choice.

Every ending reaching the same outcome is an illusion of choice. You literally spend the first half of the game thinking that if you don't make the right choice you'll die and then it's revealed that you were never in any danger to begin with. I don't know, but that sounds like an illusion of choice to me.

Don't get me wrong - I like the game. The characters were far better than any of the boring sacks of **** in Heavy Rain or Beyond but to say that there's more choice than something from Quantic Dream or Telltale just simply isn't the case. The biggest choices are based on who lives and who dies - which is exactly the same as the biggest choices for something like Heavy Rain.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me