First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
New Elite Packages [CLOSED]
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#101 Posted: 21:11:33 08/11/2015
Mine is really good with not putting stuff out early, so I'm pretty sure nobody got to buy any before release date, and my story only had 15 at the time they opened. I was lucky enough to get one, but it does only have a mediocre paint job because I couldn't browse through EE Zooks. So there might be low stock numbers on these guys.
---
Dead
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:03:14 09/11/2015 by mega spyro
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#102 Posted: 22:39:41 08/11/2015
Unless they somehow got them really early and put them out, they did not sell them, they were register locked for today at least for the past several days - they just didn't know where they were so they gave you that answer. Many times that is the default answer for "I can't find them". They can look it up on one of their hand scanners and see how many they have in the store.

Besides, they aren't exactly flying off the shelves, people aren't really buying the normal characters, let alone the twice as expensive ones. It would be unusual for them to completely sell out of all 24 or so they got in that fast. I was the only person that was there for him among a sea of Amiibo Villager buyers (I got one of them, too). Funny enough, they couldn't find the Villagers for like ten minutes or so, they had been put up in overstock. I'll readily admit I'm a nerd, but there were some HARDCORE nerds there for Amiibos.

Now, Boomer and Ghost Roaster might be a little more popular since they are pretty rare, but all stores will have those so shouldn't be as bad to find when they do come out.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#103 Posted: 00:35:03 09/11/2015
"One last time..." I love my buddy Zook...may buy him just to have fun with him. These EE guys are getting crap paint jobs?
#104 Posted: 02:15:25 09/11/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
"One last time..." I love my buddy Zook...may buy him just to have fun with him. These EE guys are getting crap paint jobs?

Nope, they still look pretty snazzy. Not as much shiny paint as last year, but they made some really nice alterations to the models. They still have a gold base, some part of them has color shift paint (Slam Bam his sled and goggles, Zook his pineapple, Voodoo his weapon). They did some "aging" to their paint in areas so they look more detailed.

Worst problems I saw in them was one Zook's pineapple was slightly askew and one Slam Bam was a little overflow on the goggle paint. The white on blue for Slam Bam is still kind of transparent, but that's intended but it varies some in each figures. The "aging" paint also looks better on some than others, but all look pretty good.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#105 Posted: 03:11:54 09/11/2015
Yes, I will admit that the first set of Eon's Elites were pretty much with the glittery new paint job. But the second set will be even better, especially with the slight new movements of their body parts.

1) Slam Bam now wears ski goggles, holds a glittery sleigh and hold out one finger sticking out of his upper left hand. He is the only one whose pose is similar to his Series 2 figure that includes his silver spiky armory.

2) Dino-Rang's tail is unusually longer than his first edition version while holding a pair of glittery Volcanic Glass Boomerangs. His fists are balled up while facing front completely.

3) Zook's left hand has been raised up while a glittery pineapple is being shot out of his bazooka.

4) Ghost Roaster doesn't hold his chain tail like he did prior to his first edition version as his Chain Whip is upgraded and glittery and his right arm down like his left one.

5) Boomer holds round glittery bombs instead of sticks of dynamite, or "boomsticks" as Buzz would call them.

6) Voodood's upgrade axe weaver is not the only one glittery, but also his gloves and boots. His right hand has descended as his left hand is raised up as if he is trying to touch a wall or block something from the left side of him.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#106 Posted: 05:29:50 09/11/2015
The problem (so I've heard) with the Eon's Elites breaking street dates is apparently because their shipping box doesn't have a "do not open before x" label like the other skylander boxes.

Where I'm at, the EEs have been selling very slooow. I wonder if it's that the first few are iffy character choices or if they'll pick up sales once Boomer/Ghost Roaster come in?
---
#all Spyros are valid
#107 Posted: 14:25:51 09/11/2015
No, people just don't want to spend $22+ tax for a figure in a purty box.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:26:08 09/11/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#108 Posted: 16:27:42 09/11/2015

The figure is purty too.

But, your points stands. These don't seem to be moving. The regular ones don't seem to be moving much, so it isn't a surprise that more expensive ones from old games aren't moving. There was a big line at opening yesterday, and I was the only one buying a Skylander along with Villager Amiibo.

I hope it doesn't mean spotty stocking of post Wave 3 figures and the last three Eon's Elite. Two of those I think will actually do well due to previous rarity.
#109 Posted: 17:56:46 09/11/2015
Quote: defpally

The figure is purty too.

But, your points stands. These don't seem to be moving. The regular ones don't seem to be moving much, so it isn't a surprise that more expensive ones from old games aren't moving. There was a big line at opening yesterday, and I was the only one buying a Skylander along with Villager Amiibo.

I hope it doesn't mean spotty stocking of post Wave 3 figures and the last three Eon's Elite. Two of those I think will actually do well due to previous rarity.

Ghost Roaster especially. Activision's marketing "puffing" about 3 billion figures is swell and all, but they aren't giving any indication as to how it's doing NOW. I agree Waves 3 and on are going to be spotty after overpopulating Waves 1 and 2 "to the gills". Gotta say that for the Gill Grunt fans. smilie
#110 Posted: 03:39:02 10/11/2015
Ghost Roaster especially. Activision's marketing "puffing" about 3 billion figures is swell and all, but they aren't giving any indication as to how it's doing NOW. I agree Waves 3 and on are going to be spotty after overpopulating Waves 1 and 2 "to the gills". Gotta say that for the Gill Grunt fans. smilie

I'm telling you, this holiday is going to be critical to Skylanders future. Stores are crazy overstocked on this game and figures. I don't see many people browsing either, I can only suspect many are waiting for the big holiday sales on this one. Either that or the quantity of FTL games and Activision over-confidence is going to cause a storm that results in there not being a Skylanders next year. If stores get stuck with peg after peg of stock because Activision oversold, they won't get the retailer support needed to launch another one next year. We've already seen evidence of this, the game has been on major sale along with the figures, and Target is selling it for $35 on Black Friday.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#111 Posted: 03:41:54 10/11/2015
everybody's sitting here talking about the overstock and little demand for superchargers

and i'm just sitting here planning on buying some extra fiestas to do something with when he (probably) disappears forever
#112 Posted: 05:47:39 10/11/2015
Quote: ZapNorris
everybody's sitting here talking about the overstock and little demand for superchargers

and i'm just sitting here planning on buying some extra fiestas to do something with when he (probably) disappears forever

I can say that only about 5-6 out of the entire roster fit into the "gone forever" category. Not good odds, but hey--go for it.
Trighap52 Blue Sparx Gems: 637
#113 Posted: 10:21:17 14/11/2015
smilie eyes are BIIG !
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#114 Posted: 08:00:24 16/11/2015
Did anyone get Elite Slam Bam? Neither TRU in my area got them, and one of the people I spoke to tried to tell me TRU doesn't have a street date list in the computer. Holiday help, argh. Unless it changed, he was supposed to be out yesterday.
---
Hail Sithis
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#115 Posted: 09:28:24 16/11/2015
I got him yesterday at my TRU, they had several of him and EE Voodood up.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#116 Posted: 11:33:25 16/11/2015
I got Elite Slam Bam. I had to ask for him, because he wasn't on the shelves, but they eventually came out with a whole box of him.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#117 Posted: 11:58:42 16/11/2015
Quote: LordElohim
Did anyone get Elite Slam Bam? Neither TRU in my area got them, and one of the people I spoke to tried to tell me TRU doesn't have a street date list in the computer. Holiday help, argh. Unless it changed, he was supposed to be out yesterday.

They got them, it was in their Toy Book, with yesterday's date. They just didn't want to look for them.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#118 Posted: 15:30:56 16/11/2015
Quote: LordElohim

I got mine at my TRU, but they didn't have any out on the shelves, so I had to ask. The first employee denied they had gotten them in, and insisted I was wrong. I grabbed the toy book and showed it to him, and he told me it wasn't right in there! Luckily, his coworker knew what he was talking about, and let me pick through the box to find one with a decent paint job.
---
Dead
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#119 Posted: 17:26:30 16/11/2015
When I got Elite Slam Bam on Sunday, my store had Elite Ghost Roaster, Elite Boomer and Elite Dino Rang out. I tried to buy them but register locked for November 29th.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#120 Posted: 19:41:26 16/11/2015
While I definitely still love the elites this year, I gotta say that smilie is probably the worst advertised of the elites. I saw someone on Youtube finally show him in action and he doesn't have the sled at all. I knew there would be no wow pow since we now know they don't have one, but why bother giving him his sled and remodeling him after his series 2 pose if he never even uses it anyways!? Not trying to complain too much, but this can really ruin the line with it already burning out fans and now these elites are not exactly delivering what they show.

Note: Then again he never used his slide attack and on the Skylanders website that now shows some of the elites, he does have his sled according to one of the screenshots.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:45:25 16/11/2015 by GhostRoaster617
#121 Posted: 20:10:29 16/11/2015
EE Slam Bam does have his ice sled if you chose the Glacier Hit path, but it's not colored like the one on his toy.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#122 Posted: 21:51:03 16/11/2015
No one should be expecting these EEs to do anything different in game. They're trying to throw us a bone with slight mods to figure, but the no cards/sticker is a huge miss.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#123 Posted: 21:59:08 16/11/2015
I'm just starring through these comments, waiting for EE Dino-Rang, even though none has been released here yet.
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#124 Posted: 19:56:00 17/11/2015
Probably won't be out until the end of November at the earliest.

What I noticed is that the lack of card and sticker must have either been a last minute decision or overlooked, because the bottom of the EU packaging says that the box contains a card and a sticker set. Oops.
---
Eh.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#125 Posted: 01:40:23 21/11/2015
Do the elites have any type of new powers?
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#126 Posted: 05:16:34 21/11/2015
Quote: Luminous35
Do the elites have any type of new powers?

They are exactly the same but super beefed up.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#127 Posted: 05:56:35 21/11/2015
No one should be expecting these EEs to do anything different in game. They're trying to throw us a bone with slight mods to figure, but the no cards/sticker is a huge miss.

I'm tired of this - someone school me - what's the big deal about the cards and stickers? They don't work on Battlegrounds anymore last I heard, and I dont' even know anyone who plays it anyway. They help with re-sell, but I'd wager few people here care about that, and if the figures didn't come with them in the first place then it won't negatively affect resale.

I sve all my cards and stickers, in a random bag that I never go into...
- Unreall
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#128 Posted: 06:01:54 21/11/2015
Quote: Unreallystic

I'm tired of this - someone school me - what's the big deal about the cards and stickers? They don't work on Battlegrounds anymore last I heard, and I dont' even know anyone who plays it anyway. They help with re-sell, but I'd wager few people here care about that, and if the figures didn't come with them in the first place then it won't negatively affect resale.

I sve all my cards and stickers, in a random bag that I never go into...
- Unreall

I like the cards personally and I imagine Battlecast will be updated when the packs come out. I do not know if that means the stickers will scan or something, but the battlecast app is probably just a place holder with minimal activity and data right now.

I personally find it even more annoying that the Eon Elites do not have cards. They are not superchargers, they cost $20 and they can't make a card for them, that is just silly.

So, for me, the cards being missing is annoying but life goes on. I think its a bigger stupidity to not include any stickers in the starter packs. So now everyone has stickers but the characters in the starter pack. Spitfire has one if you open your E3 and Stealth Elf? Nada.

So far its just 6 battlecast cards and a pretty pathetic app, but time will tell.
#129 Posted: 19:24:08 21/11/2015
Oh riigghhtt. The ice sled comes with his Wow Pow power, Sleigh Me, and Elite Slam Bam doesn't even HAVE a Wow Pow power despite being in a S2 pose. >.>
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:25:40 21/11/2015 by Aura24
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#130 Posted: 14:39:14 23/11/2015
All six now available at TRU.com. Check it on the Toys & MDSE board...

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=124823

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
#131 Posted: 15:28:12 30/11/2015
Just an FYI, this week TRU is running a ridiculous sale - spend $40 on skyalnders (not starter packs) get $20 off. This translates to buying two elites for about $24. They also are doing a spend 35+ on any TtL non-starter - and get $10 off, so I was able to get all three new elites and somethign for LD for super cheap.

Its' practically by one get one on elites...
- Unreall
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#132 Posted: 17:32:18 30/11/2015
Any word on how long the deal lasts? I will likely wait to get Elite Boomer until 2 weeks from now.
#133 Posted: 18:13:07 30/11/2015
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Any word on how long the deal lasts? I will likely wait to get Elite Boomer until 2 weeks from now.

TRU sales are typically week to week.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#134 Posted: 19:17:50 30/11/2015
Ah good, hopefully there's some kind of sale that week so I can pick up both Boomer and Ghost Roaster.
#135 Posted: 20:48:53 30/11/2015
Honestly, they will have sales every single week until XMas, but I've NEVER EVER EVER seen a TRU deal that abusable for Skylanders. I've seen BOGO50, I've seen buy this get somethign for $1 (doing that now too), but never $20, again, its literally getting an elite for free, or getting them for half price.
- Unreall
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#136 Posted: 12:30:01 04/12/2015
All six elites are now in certain GAME stores. Picked up EE Dino-Rang this morning, will probably get Ghost Roaster and Boomer along the line.
---
Eh.
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#137 Posted: 03:50:28 18/12/2015
Here's some nice front facing images...
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

If I had time, I would erase the backgrounds. Maybe after Xmas...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:15:17 18/12/2015 by 4inCreation
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#138 Posted: 05:00:36 18/12/2015
Why erase the backgrounds?....i think they look cool....also you can just take them out of the cases.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#139 Posted: 05:10:30 18/12/2015
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
Why erase the backgrounds?....i think they look cool....also you can just take them out of the cases.

For anyone that wants to update their collection with white background images, It might be useful to have pics to design a display.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me