darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Question about exclusive villains.
Page 1 of 1
Question about exclusive villains.
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#1 Posted: 20:05:42 23/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Well, cool little story for me. I ordered a Tech trap... you could choose the element, but the trap design would be randomly picked. Cheaper this way. To my surprise, I just so happened to get the trap with Steampunk Shrednaught on it, and I couldn't be happier. So my question, since I now have a villain variant, will my trap still get the normal Shrednaught as well, or does the variant take that spot?
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#2 Posted: 20:54:15 23/10/2015
Quote: CelesteInk
Well, cool little story for me. I ordered a Tech trap... you could choose the element, but the trap design would be randomly picked. Cheaper this way. To my surprise, I just so happened to get the trap with Steampunk Shrednaught on it, and I couldn't be happier. So my question, since I now have a villain variant, will my trap still get the normal Shrednaught as well, or does the variant take that spot?

Variant villain traps will only show the variant version of the specific villain the trap was tied to. Every other villain of that element can be caught in it and will appear normal, but any Shrednaught you catch in it will always show up as Steampunk. You'll have to have another, normal Tech trap in order to play with regular Shrednaught and a third if you want the option to play with Steampunk, standard or the slight palette change which occurs after you complete a villain's quest (those are permanently tied to a trap too). Hope this helps!

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me