Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 6 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Undertale
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#251 Posted: 16:59:40 18/11/2015
The AUs are kinda a bit of an excuse and as long as people don't try to make them canon it's fine,yeah,but trying to push crippling depression on Sans like he's totally in the same situation as you is a bit much. Didn't [redacted] more than showed how projecting your issues on someone can be a big problem? :I

(then again,we had death threats and fandom wars with FNAF and the damn So Sorry rumours already,people clearly didn't learn the lessons Toby is trying to teach)

EDIT: Speaking of headcanon:

[User Posted Image]

I'm guilty,except that nowadays I can't hear Sans as anything else but Garfield.
(and Flowey as nails on a chalkboard because of Tom Fawkes)
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:06:18 18/11/2015 by Bifrost
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#252 Posted: 20:33:28 18/11/2015
Ehh, the Papyrus fan voice of Skeletor came from Game Grumps playing the game and reading the dialogue.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#253 Posted: 20:44:34 18/11/2015
Several LPers did Skeletor voice before them. Tom Fawkes and Joel did it at the request of the chat, and most of the fandubs are no different.

Sans varies everywhere but he definately always sounds deep, except I think Markiplier who straight up ignored his text sound.
---
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#254 Posted: 21:09:22 18/11/2015
my headcanon voice for sans was always just cr1tikals voice.

his voice just fits him perfectly.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#255 Posted: 23:30:02 18/11/2015
Yeah, cr1tikal's voice is pretty good too for Sans. But I do like Game Grump's voices for most of the characters, mainly with Papyrus (and especially Onionsan lol). The Skeletor voice just suits him a lot imo. Also, I agree that all those angsty drama comics with Sans (which sometimes includes ether Toriel or Papyrus, to make it even worse) are cringe worthy and annoying. I honestly think that his laziness is part of his personality and not some 'result of him not caring anymore' or whatever half of the fandom thinks. I do think that he may have some issues and depression to a degree, but not as much as the fandom thinks.

Although, one of my biggest complaint about the fandom is:

What I don't like is that half of the fandom seems to think that Frisk having an ambiguous gender means that their canon non-binary, and the only proof they use is that Frisk gets called 'they' a few times in the game (even though Frisk usually gets called 'human' a lot more). Toby himself has not confirmed that Frisk is non-binary. He skipped the question when it got asked, meaning that it's up to the player's interpretation. Honestly, 'they' isn't something that's completely exclusive to the non-binary community like 'she' and 'he' are to girls and boys, and it can be used for someone who's gender is unknown. And what's worse is that they're attacking anyone who calls Frisk a girl or a boy even though they have every right to do so, and those 'Are you a girl or a boy?' "determination' 'no I mean what's in your pants' 'determination' comics are really annoying me too. They seem to think that Frisk being given a gender is so bad, yet for some reason making Frisk canon non-binary isn't? It's just really because Frisk's backstory has been left up to the player's imagination too, yet no one has even come up with anything because they seem so busy trying to push Frisk being non-binary as canon. I personally see Frisk as a girl myself, however I do understand that using 'they' is necessary in things like comics and stuff because it won't cause confusion for those who don't share the same views as you, but that's it. The fandom literally acting selfish because just having Frisk as non-binary in their own version of the game isn't good enough for them. I mean, I personally think that the video game industry needs more female protagonists, which is one of the reasons why I see Frisk as a girl, yet I'm satisfied with Frisk being female in just my own version of the game. To be honest I'm surprised that tumblr doesn't seem to care for the idea of Undertale having a female protagonist considering that feminism is a big thing on that site.

Another thing that's disgusting of them is that when it gets proven to them that Frisk isn't canon non-binary, they go 'oh, but this is an opportunity for the game industry to have a non-binary protagonist and hence we should make it canon.' I understand that this is an issue, but Frisk can be non-binary in your own version of the game and I don't see why that's not good enough for you. You're acting desperate and selfish and it's not good for the community. Don't go looking for things that is just not there. Part of the fun is that we get to give Frisk a gender, whether it be girl, boy, non-binary, or even identifying as a freaking toaster or something, and that fun shouldn't get taken away from us because of stupid social justice reasons.

It's really annoying because it will confuse people who are new to the game because they will get half of the fandom saying that they can give Frisk whatever gender they want, and then another half saying that Frisk is non-binary. I honestly think that Toby should just confirm that Frisk isn't canon non-binary to shut those fans up. Although, if he does say that he will probably receive complaints from fans saying that he has a phobia to non-binary people or some **** like that.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:05:32 19/11/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#256 Posted: 23:55:22 18/11/2015
Onionsan I just think of Liam because during the Zaibatsu LP it's literally the only moment so far he decided to play a character.

Well,the backstory makes the underlying issues FOR SURE be there, but it's very clear his loved ones are more important than skullking. Because he's so focused on that and having achievements in laziness, it'd take a lot more to break that backbone than what the comics make it seem.

We have been talking too much about Sans today, someone stop me.

But really, he was probably miserable in some resets in the hands(?) of Flowey and has all the reason to fear you because of Genocide, but seems to hold on for so much that you couldn't be able to break him with a speech or some paranoia-inducing events in the surface. Even when you've wiped out most of the Underground,he's willing to put up a show to sweep the floor with your face - though the phone calls in any negative neutral are pretty obvious he's beyond pissed in the inside.

Also, I took until Zaibatsu as I mentioned to notice that Sans actually has three jobs. It was kinda obvious they couldn't afford that huge house with just sentry duty and hot dogs, so it makes a lot of sense that he works in MTT Resort as well(check the sign near Snowdrake's Dad).
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:57:39 18/11/2015 by Bifrost
#257 Posted: 23:59:49 18/11/2015
just edited my post lol.

Also another thing that annoys me is that the fandom makes Papyrus really innocent and rather stupid, when he's actually done some things that are very meaningful, like being the one to make Sans get a job.
---
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#258 Posted: 00:06:49 19/11/2015
Been listening to Megalovania for over an hour now
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#259 Posted: 00:13:50 19/11/2015
Quote: DarkCynder_543
just edited my post lol.

Also another thing that annoys me is that the fandom makes Papyrus really innocent and rather stupid, when he's actually done some things that are very meaningful, like being the one to make Sans get a job.

On man and people saying he's autistic. Yeah,it's not impossible(I mean the spectrum is huge and all that),but people can be amazingly nice and want nothing more than everyone to be happy without being mentally challenged,it's called being naive.
But that and the spoilered content are really just the usual tumblrina issues just like it's been happening to oh so many fandoms, 'trans Samus is my headcanon and you must accept it' and we'll leave it at that for the sake of our sanity.

But before this gets too somber, have some warm fuzzies. Nooo spoilers,at least none that actually matter, though I think the green flame schoolgirl is never said to be related to Grillby.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:23:06 19/11/2015 by Bifrost
#260 Posted: 00:22:01 19/11/2015
Surprisingly the arguments about the gender are not just in tumblr, it's around Youtube as well unfortunately. So it's rather hard to get away from it. :\

Another thing that's annoying me is that apparently making Mettaton trans is apparently ok though? I like how Mettaton is really feminine (and how Undyne is really masculine) because it gets rid of gender stereotypes. Its like they're saying that guys can't be feminine unless their trans, but girls being masculine is fine. Although that's an issue that's been around for a while now.
---
#261 Posted: 00:24:56 19/11/2015
Yeaaah,we had that drama even here already,definately not exclusive to Undertale. On Mettaton I quote the old Neopets staff, just because you're a guy doesn't mean you can't desire to be fabulous.

So, people kept saying this LPer named cr1tikal either is IRL Sans or is the perfect voice for him.
I'm way late for this but holy crap it's just weird seeing him play Undertale and talk. It's even funnier/weirder that he fumbles exactly when saying that people claim that he's Sans on emails.
No amount of hearing Garfield captures the tranquil fury in his voice that you'd expect at that one point in the game compared to this guy's sudden outburst,too.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:32:32 20/11/2015 by Bifrost
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#262 Posted: 00:42:32 22/11/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Toby seems to not like the popularity though. Already tweeted that we shouldn't expect anything but bugfixes for the time being because he wants to do other things :I

Speaking of him, yesterday he decided to talk about the mystery variable in the coding.It's a Spongebob reference for all we know, but the wording is strange.

Also I know Sleepy and others will love this. Genocide spoilers.
(Just please don't overuse weird SFM animations, we have more than enough with just Papyrus' model and the odd Sans placeholder that people find.)

AHHHH
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#263 Posted: 01:02:13 22/11/2015
It's such a good model too, the previous one people were using was almost exactly like his sprite but just so stiff and unnatural; some comments compared this one to Telltale or Borderlands' art style.

Also, guess what,Toby's tweet about Fun values is actually a hint. He's revealing that the Fun Song from Spongebob is actually used for Flowey's theme. I'm not even kidding,just listen to both.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:04:39 22/11/2015 by Bifrost
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#264 Posted: 04:13:59 22/11/2015 | Topic Creator
re: Frisk/Mettaton/Undyne/etc gender headcanons
Just gonna say that there's nothing wrong with people identifying a character as their gender/sexuality/disability/etc regardless of even canon confirmation of these things. It only goes over the line when they use that headcanon to bully someone who has a different one.

I personally think of Frisk as a "they" because they just don't seem like anything specific to me. But it doesn't bother me one way or the other if folks see Frisk as a he or she or something else. Same with Mettaton being trans/male/whatever; it's a ghost in a robot body, it can be whatever anyone wants. All we know for sure is that Alphys uses male pronouns when referencing him.

Ultimately, these sorts of "I hate this fandom for this reason" and "I'm in the fandom but I hate..." things is why I'm not in any fandom anymore, personally. Life's too short to complain constantly about Bobby Joe not agreeing with you on the nebulous concept of what Fictional Character A identifies as/has in their pants/etc.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:14:17 22/11/2015 by Razz
KnightArtorias Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#265 Posted: 09:34:53 22/11/2015
Um...spoilers?
---
"Caim? Caim...the one who calls to me...I cannot see. Where are you?"
~Angelus (Drakengard 2)
(Angelus x Caim OTP)
#266 Posted: 09:47:37 22/11/2015
Quote: Razz
re: Frisk/Mettaton/Undyne/etc gender headcanons
Just gonna say that there's nothing wrong with people identifying a character as their gender/sexuality/disability/etc regardless of even canon confirmation of these things. It only goes over the line when they use that headcanon to bully someone who has a different one.

I personally think of Frisk as a "they" because they just don't seem like anything specific to me. But it doesn't bother me one way or the other if folks see Frisk as a he or she or something else. Same with Mettaton being trans/male/whatever; it's a ghost in a robot body, it can be whatever anyone wants. All we know for sure is that Alphys uses male pronouns when referencing him.

Ultimately, these sorts of "I hate this fandom for this reason" and "I'm in the fandom but I hate..." things is why I'm not in any fandom anymore, personally. Life's too short to complain constantly about Bobby Joe not agreeing with you on the nebulous concept of what Fictional Character A identifies as/has in their pants/etc

Yeah, I don't really like fandoms ether. Although fandoms on Youtube and Deviantart and forums like here are generally pretty good! And I certainty don't mind people thinking the character as 'they'! It's all part of the fun to think of them as whoever you like, same with all the monsters with an ambiguous gender like the monster kid. I just personally see the main protagonist as female and monster kid as male, but I don't care what other people think of them. It's a disgrace to attack those who think of the main protagonist as a boy or a girl though since they're doing nothing wrong. It just annoys me that they seem to think that having a headcanon that relates to a cis headcanon (or straight headcanon for that matter) in anyway is a disgrace, but trans and non-binary headcanons are perfectly fine apparently.

also spoiled the quote because it does contain a spoiler
---
#267 Posted: 10:36:16 22/11/2015
The way I see it is this in terms of main NPCs, not monsters since there's too many to remember.

Males:

Frisk, Sans, Papyrus, ASGORE, Mettaton (gay, or at least bi judging by his dialogue choices), Asriel/Flowey, Napstablook, Monster Kid (or a tomboy girl, both are possible), Chara, W.D Gaster

Females:

Alphys, Undyne, Onionsan, Toriel

That's all I can think of at the moment, in terms of NPC names. I also think that the Temmies are a pure female race, like the Asari of Mass Effect.

Oh, and three words...

F YOU TOBYDOG

Finally beat the end credits to access the locked door in Snowdin...seriously? What a waste of time.

EDIT: Don't shoot me, but for some reason, every time I think of Undyne, for some reason, I think of Twilight from that episode of MLP when she's visited by...eh...Solid Sparkle (AKA: Future Twilight)
---
~Angelus (Drakengard 2)
(Angelus x Caim OTP)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:41:48 22/11/2015 by KnightArtorias
#268 Posted: 12:15:17 22/11/2015
Temmies are all females(except possibly Bob) because the actual artist is female, so the joke wouldn't work otherwise.

The Room of Dog is actually incomplete. Toby hinted in a tweet he left that there as something to finish along with Hard Node.

I have no problem with joining a fandom as long as it's harmless fun, which is why I try to limit myself to r/undertale and the "official" forums. It's mostly for sharing art, music, and the research on just about anything Toby hid on the game, and I can just filter out some of the more heated dicusssions I'd find on,say, the tumblr tag or in Flight Rising's forums where that kind of discussion is notorious.
That said, headcanons are fine, as long as people aren't trying to force it on people. Doesn't take too much looking into the downvoted comments of the subreddit to find 'BUT THAT ARTIST GOT THE GENDER OF PROTAGONIST/METTATON WRONG! THEY'RE TOTALLY GIRLS!'. As long as that art isn't actually advocating which is the "right" gender, no, don't whine about it,most of the time it's not even going to affect the situation. Same goes for the soon-to-be-downvoted '[genocide spoilers] is just misunderstood!' or 'Sans is so depressed he'd never be this chill in the situation!' threads that will always cause quite a ruckus when it's brought up.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:16:53 22/11/2015 by Bifrost
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#269 Posted: 19:20:14 22/11/2015 | Topic Creator
One thing to keep in mind about most fandoms is that they are largely comprised of young folks who have a tendency to look for things to be angry about. It's just part of being a teen/20-something and most people do grow out of it (I've noticed that fandoms with a predominantly older participant base are much more chill). Some folks get up in arms because they've never had representation in any popular media before; while I can't blame them for being excited and passionate, bullying other users for having a different idea is still not okay.

Sorry about the spoilers; I've put them under a cut now. :)
#270 Posted: 05:14:02 23/11/2015
I just went to Supanova today, and I only saw one Undertale cosplay. :(
My friend said she saw a Sans though, so I guess that makes two people. But still, I swear Australia is always late to the hype train, so I wouldn't be surprised if the cosplays start coming in next year. Unless Undertale is an american thing or something.
---
#271 Posted: 19:24:08 23/11/2015
Yay,Super Best Friends Zaibatsu finished Undertale(at least the golden ending)!

You know what that means?

I've watched eight LPs of this game already, 5 from beginning to end(skipped Joel, let's pretend the last one isn't actually 3 highlight videos), one still going.
It's still as fresh as the first time I watched from Criken's stream,and I still find new things in the later ones. Dear lord.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:25:29 23/11/2015 by Bifrost
#272 Posted: 19:59:56 23/11/2015
I always find new things also. So far:

Beat it myself, watched my bro beat it THREE TIMES, watched Jack play, Mark play, SomeOrdinaryGamers play, GameGrumps (and I don't even watch them), and TheNextGenius...oh and now Wade.
---
~Angelus (Drakengard 2)
(Angelus x Caim OTP)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:02:19 23/11/2015 by KnightArtorias
#273 Posted: 22:31:55 23/11/2015
WE'RE NECK TO NECK WITH FALLOUT 3.
I know the poll is kinda biased since anyone can rally tumblr and r/undertale for this, and to be honest I never cared for this event,but the fact we already beat Mass Effect 3 got my attention - we could make it two against open world RPGs. (though to be honest Undertale's linearity is kinda bad - aside from items there's nearly no reason to keep exploring since most secret stuff is either a late unlock or a f/Fun value thing)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:34:51 23/11/2015 by Bifrost
#274 Posted: 23:41:40 23/11/2015
undertale is beating fallout 3 holly ****

although it's kind of unfair because 4chan and tumblr are probably helping out. i really think fallout would win if internet sites weren't involved since it's a massively popular game.

also it's great to know that jack considers undertale as one of his favourite games and also game of the year. especially since he still doesn't know everything about the game, like a certain laboratory and probably the genocide route. xD

i think the existence of the genocide route is what makes the game so great, because it has a real dark, mature and ****ed up side to it that really makes you feel like ****.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:45:13 23/11/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#275 Posted: 00:02:14 24/11/2015
Well, it's what splits us from Spec Ops: The Line. Instead of making you pay 60 bucks then berating you for playing, Undertale gives you a choice and gives you plenty of opportunity to go back on your decision. It punishes you more for doing that despite loving all these characters, as that one guy says, "because you can, you must".
I was reading up on a game called Soul Nomad and the World Eaters, and it's much closer to this. Spoilers for that game:
Once you start the Demom Path, heroes and villains alike will join up to take you down, and even the equivalent of Flowey is disgusted and only hopes his powers will make him useful. Just like him, your character is only satisfied when ALL of creation is dead, including yourself because of reality collapsing.

Though it does something I wish Undertale did with Genocide.
You can get a good ending there - by losing at the final boss, reality is saved because no one wastes time killing you. Would be pretty awesome if Alphys went through with her Near-Genocide speech and found a way to stop you for good should Sans stall you long enough.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:03:08 24/11/2015 by Bifrost
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#276 Posted: 06:43:57 24/11/2015
can we please talk about how amazing the track save the world is when it's pitch-corrected to it's ingame version

that song actually fills me with determination
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#277 Posted: 09:28:21 24/11/2015
New songs are starting to impress me:

"The Choice" (Like this one, but I think I mentioned it already)

"Oh! One True Love" (I *really* like this one, especially once the false opera joins in near the end)

"Oh! Dungeon"

"Undertale" (and via extension "His Theme")

And...god forbid

"TEMSHOP"

EDIT: Can anyone tell me where the "Uwa! So {{insert adjective here}}" songs play? And what's with the kooky bed crawling around minigame in the MTT Resort? Also where "Danger Mystery", "Chill", "She Plays Piano" plays?

EDIT II: I'm also gonna assume that the "Song That Might Play When You Fight
Sans
" does not play anywhere since that evolves into MEGALOVANIA.

Also...what song even PLAYS in that bed minigame thingie.
EDIT III: NEVERMIND! I FOUND IT! IN ALL ITS GLORY!!!

EDIT IV: And for further scandals...WHY DOES BED MUSIC SOUND LIKE THIS!?!?!?
(Spoilered since it's kinda creepy image}
---
~Angelus (Drakengard 2)
(Angelus x Caim OTP)
Edited 9 times - Last edited at 09:48:37 24/11/2015 by KnightArtorias
#278 Posted: 09:56:17 24/11/2015
The spoiler for that one Song is pretty obvious since you only took out a single word. It's a red herring, though, Toby named that on purpose because the other one is his signature track - all three of his major works now have a version of it.

Uwa!! Tracks are sound test, if I recall.

I thought the bed song was Do You Really Call This A Hotel, I Didn't Get A Mint On My Pillow Or Anything but it's not the case, so no idea.
---
#279 Posted: 10:01:16 24/11/2015
The spoiler for that one Song is pretty obvious since you only took out a single word. It's a red herring, though, Toby named that on purpose because the other one is his signature track - all three of his major works now have a version of it.

Uwa!! Tracks are sound test, if I recall.

I thought the bed song was Do You Really Call This A Hotel, I Didn't Get A Mint On My Pillow Or Anything but it's not the case, so no idea.

That's what I thought at first, but then I played the game and the superlongtitle song (I ain't repeating it) plays during the jetpack minigame to get the Human Soul substitute.

Also, I really like the little series of notes that make up Flowey's collective theme, most prominent in "Your Best Friend", but play in most every song involving him. In addition to that, also like the general Undertale theme (basically what plays during the "Memory", "Undertale", and "His Theme" songs)

Du dududu du
Du dududu du
Du dududu du DUUUUU du...

<3 Flowey's theme
---
~Angelus (Drakengard 2)
(Angelus x Caim OTP)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:07:44 24/11/2015 by KnightArtorias
#280 Posted: 10:35:18 24/11/2015
As I said a bit higher up, it's also based on the Fun Song from Spongebob but slowed down.
---
#281 Posted: 11:26:39 24/11/2015
I've grown to really like An Ending recently. I'm a sucker for piano music. xD
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:28:59 24/11/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#282 Posted: 12:09:43 24/11/2015
I've caught myself listening to It's Raining Somewhere Else lately. Sounds much less chill and more somber after reading Sans' post about Shyren on the official tumblr, since he goes on a tangent about sometime he was treated harshly in the past and mentions "standing in the rain so people can't tell if you're crying" or something along those lines. He never gives any hints to what it is(just implies being looked down upon by someone else), but both meanings of the song are just a whole new perspective on the guy.

Though I've long decided that Fallen Down Reprise is my favorite track overall. There are the boss themes and the area themes, but it's amazing how such a simple track can have so much emotion.
---
#283 Posted: 18:00:10 24/11/2015
My favorite track overall is probably still Metal Crusher. Waterfall is easily a close second, and probably with ASGORE in third and Oh! One True Love in fourth. Also, there's only one version of It's Raining Somewhere Else I really like...

The version that plays in Sans' laboratory.

EDIT: Sorry, but IRSE just sounds too much like mall/elevator music for my taste.

EDIT II: I think it's cool that Jack is so into the game that he's threatened to ban people off the channel if they spoil the game for him.
---
~Angelus (Drakengard 2)
(Angelus x Caim OTP)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:50:56 24/11/2015 by KnightArtorias
#284 Posted: 18:52:48 24/11/2015
Eh, it should come with the territory for story-heavy games. Same thing goes for Twitch - it gets heartbreaking to see some streamers without mods being spoiled because they can't ban those people before they say too much.
---
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#285 Posted: 19:30:29 24/11/2015
What's the song that plays in the cave after Snowed In Town (probably wrong but w/e)?
---
My life is complete.
#286 Posted: 19:41:22 24/11/2015
Quote: MagicFizz
What's the song that plays in the cave after Snowed In Town (probably wrong but w/e)?

Which one?Snowdin is part of the same cave,still. Waterfall has also two main themes,though, Waterfall and Quiet Water.
---
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#287 Posted: 21:41:57 24/11/2015
thankssss
---
My life is complete.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#288 Posted: 00:54:08 25/11/2015
I've come to the conclusion that Reunited is my favorite track. IT REALLY GETS TO ME. I'd give you an honorable mention as well but there are too many.

I love how everyone has their own favorite song. Shows how much work went into the entire soundtrack, there's not one single track that overshadows the rest.

I've caught myself listening to It's Raining Somewhere Else lately. Sounds much less chill and more somber after reading Sans' post about Shyren on the official tumblr, since he goes on a tangent about sometime he was treated harshly in the past and mentions "standing in the rain so people can't tell if you're crying" or something along those lines. He never gives any hints to what it is(just implies being looked down upon by someone else), but both meanings of the song are just a whole new perspective on the guy.

Though I've long decided that Fallen Down Reprise is my favorite track overall. There are the boss themes and the area themes, but it's amazing how such a simple track can have so much emotion.

Woah woah, what's this about!?
#289 Posted: 04:45:32 25/11/2015
Ive finished the final boss on my pacifist run. I will say what I thought about it later since I am on my phone at the moment.

I would say that my favourite song from the soundtrack is Megalovania followed by Asgore, but since the former is not exclusive to Undertale, that probably would mean Asgore is my favourite. My third favourite would have to be His Theme, but the slowed down version in the game since it gave me a lot of feels Im pretty sure that version is not on the soundtrack, which is a shame.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:48:27 25/11/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#290 Posted: 07:57:54 25/11/2015
By slowed down you mean the piano version?

It's the final phase for Asriel, though you can barely call that a phase since you're not only invincible but he'll avoid you.

My favorites include an obvious spoiler so-

Fallen Down Reprise, followed by Your Best Nightmare, followed by Metal Crusher, followed by Amalgam. Here We Are is my favorite area theme(as you can tell I really like True Lab) but it's still below most boss themes.

On that tumblr post, Toby used to post as Sans in the official tumblr from time to time. Why he's stopped is beyond me,but one of the last posts is strange -

http://undertale.tumblr.com/po.../important-info

Whatever it is,it doesn't seem related to his spoiler content, but considering some dialogue,and as mentioned It's Raining Somewhere Else, it's probably canon. Considering how he changes subject to Shyren with no pause or anything also seems to mean he's gotten over it long ago.
---
#291 Posted: 08:42:11 25/11/2015
What's this whole thing about her lower body? What's the big deal?
---
~Angelus (Drakengard 2)
(Angelus x Caim OTP)
#292 Posted: 09:25:10 25/11/2015
Yeah, I mean that one, the version that's actually in the game; it's less upbeat and more feels. I didn't know it was a piano version lol.

Yeah I find that blog very interesting, especially the bit about
Some 'she' calling him. Who is this 'she'?

My honorable mentions for songs goes to Spider Dance, Undertale, Waterfall (which is my favourite area theme) and Hopes and Dreams/Save the world.

And as for my thoughts about the final:
That boss was amazing and was honestly the best highlight for the entire game for me. Sans' fight in the Genocide run would have to be the second best. It was just so great, especially when you got to save everyone and went through a mini battle with them all again, and when you were trying to save Asriel I was struggling not to cry. ;__;
Honestly though, a lot of people seemed to get more emotional at the hug scene, but I felt more emotional during the final with His Theme playing. Of all the characters, I wanted to save Asriel the most. ;_____;
Another thing I liked about the boss was that at the beginning when Flowey was attacking you and your friends saved you, it implied the cliche 'the power of friendship', but did it in such a way that it wasn't cringe worthy like outright stating 'MY FRIENDS ARE MY POWER!!!'. I also like how the final match actually wasn't about using friendship power to defeat the enemy, but was about saving them instead. It was about saving your 'best friend' and the amount of determination you had. It was overall really great and there needs to be more boss fights that are actually meaningful rather than 'Ahahaha I'm evil for the heck of it!!!' 'oh no you defeated me aaahhhhh'.

After playing the game and very close to beating it, I would have to say that Sans is still my favourite of course. But my second favourite is Asriel/Flowey. As much as I dislike Flowey, he does a good job at making people angry, knows how to troll, his knowledge of resets and saves is great and he can really mess with you mind, etc. Also Asriel is another character I can relate to, I find his past interesting and really friking sad. Knowing that he's Flowey is what makes me like him, and I really like his adult form. Although I don't know whether to treat Asriel and Flowey as two separate characters like a lot of people and most polls do or treat them as one person.
My third favourite is Papyrus, then Alphys then Undyne.
To be honest I don't really get why a lot of people love Toriel. But I guess you need to have a soft spot for motherly figures, which is something I don't have. But I do like how she's more than just a stereotypical mother and will fight powerfully when it's needed, so I will give her that

I still have yet to actually beat the game though. I've just done the final boss. I still need to wonder around and chat to everybody.

Quote: KnightArtorias
My favorite track overall is probably still Metal Crusher. Waterfall is easily a close second, and probably with ASGORE in third and Oh! One True Love in fourth. Also, there's only one version of It's Raining Somewhere Else I really like...

The version that plays in Sans' laboratory.

EDIT: Sorry, but IRSE just sounds too much like mall/elevator music for my taste.

EDIT II: I think it's cool that Jack is so into the game that he's threatened to ban people off the channel if they spoil the game for him.

I admit that I laughed a little when he went on about not fully judging games until the ending because the ending could turn out bad. Undertale's ending is far from that and the final is honestly the best part about the game. xD I seriously can't wait for his reaction to Asgore fight, True Lab, Omega Flowey, and the entire Asriel fight though. The last parts of Undertale are honestly the best, so the fact that Jack hasn't even gotten up those parts yet goes as far as saying Undertale is one of his favourite games period is pretty great.
Also he said that Spider Dance is his second favourite song and Metal Crusher is his third. My bets are that Megalovania is his first lol.
---
#293 Posted: 10:01:58 25/11/2015
Well, miight be piano or some similar instrument. I have a great ear for leitmotifs(and yes this gane has been a treat in that regard), but really bad at figuring out the instruments.

Shyren's lower body is a monster in itself. It never gets brought up in game, but in all subsequent appearances Shyren is just the little fish head. You can see the weird mermaid body is actually a moray thing in the Mettaton Poster at the merch page.
What's even weirder is that her sister is also a moray thing and not a fish, since that makes up Lemon Bread.

On the true ending;

Yeah, Flowey and Sans are the deepest characters in the game by far. Flowey even more so, since he's clearly not bound to the game and "can" alter the official Undertale pages and the manual to screw with you.
And, as I said in another page, people want Operation Save Goatbro, but really Flowey is the one we should try saving. Asriel is dead, though the Dreamer Reborn AU does make a good job of minimizing a life exchange to bring him back. Even then ,Flowey starts showing obvious remose if you reopen the game after True Pacifist, even more than when mocking Papyrus or trying to convince you being nice only brings pain. If he was given a world where he could never empty the "dialogue options" in the surface, he'd probably never have a reason to go insane from detachment, and maybe even experience things strong enough to bring out some positive emotions again.
---
#294 Posted: 10:26:08 25/11/2015
Also...I literally (well, not really literally) lost my **** laughing when Undertale's window name changed to UNDERTALE - THE MUSICAL during the whole "Oh! My Love" sequence. smilie

EDIT II: Ultimately, some of the main NPCs had deep backstories...others, like Undyne, Alphys, and even, to some extent
Asriel, or at least concerning what he should have had, IMO.

Didn't have much backstory behind them, sadly.

Also...the amalgates... *shudder*

Lemon Bread

and

So cold

Are arguably my least favorite and the creepiest (though LB doubles as being both one of the scariest freaking characters and scariest battles in the game).

The only thing creepy about

Endogeny

Is the music.

Dunno really how I feel about the
Memoryhead
Although, for some reason, my favorite one was

Reaper Bird
---
~Angelus (Drakengard 2)
(Angelus x Caim OTP)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:35:20 25/11/2015 by KnightArtorias
#295 Posted: 13:16:59 25/11/2015
Asriel doesn't need a huge backstory. Him being Flowey alone makes him quite a fleshed out character. Also it pained me to watch everyone having a good time on the surface, knowing that Asriel as Flowey is probably in the ruins somewhere rooting away. Bifrost right; Asriel is probably can't be saved considering it means sacrificing a soul, but Flowey can. I would love Flowey to become more like his real self.

And on the topic of that, in the Genocide route Flowey's voice changes to Asriel's right before you kill him at the end. So you were slaughtering Asriel there. And to make it even worse, since you were Chara by that point, Asriel was getting murdered by his own 'best friend'. ;_;

My favourite amalgates would have to by Snowdrake's mother (so cold) and the dog one (forgot what they're called). Snowdrake's mother was easily the saddest. I wanted to help her more than just telling bad jokes, but at least she's now with her family.

And I've finally finished the game. Now I feel empty, like I usually do when I beat a favourite/good game.
---
#296 Posted: 13:43:57 25/11/2015
Quick, fill the void with fan works :U

Speaking of which, I already expressed my concern with comics that turn Sans into a sobbing mess for the sake of showing depression but my eyes glued to Aftertale when I noticed the artist did that and kept him in character(and without some 'oh no it's just a mask', nope it's a crappy day(s) with him doing the best to keep the spirits up despite the drive to do otherwise). Or I'm just a sucker for warm fuzzies and good writing.
Spoilers, of course.

(Edit: I've been theorizing with friends on Skype for so long I need to remember not to swear left and right on DS)

If that's not your cup of tea, have some Sans teaching you to be a master in cooking.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:01:55 25/11/2015 by Bifrost
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#297 Posted: 17:40:40 25/11/2015
Well, I got the game today (YASS).

And I now cannot believe the fact that I found the demo to be hard.

I don't think I'm going to make it out of the Ruins anytime soon. e_e

Trying to do a Pacifist Run, and I have no way to heal myself from the countless attacks from the monsters and not enough save points. (And there are a LOT of monster-encounters. a LOT...)

Got to the point where I had to take a break from the whole game. o_o

RIP my sanity
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:42:40 25/11/2015 by cowpowa23
#298 Posted: 17:44:04 25/11/2015
You can ask Vegetoids for dinner, it heals a bit but it's better than being mean and taking too much candy.
---
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#299 Posted: 17:45:31 25/11/2015
You can ask Vegetoids for dinner, it heals a bit but it's better than being mean and taking too much candy.

If taking too much candy wasn't such a sin I'd totally do it free of guilt. e_e

Nice to know, I'm going to go eat some Vegetoids now. (If I find any. I better find them.)
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#300 Posted: 17:54:01 25/11/2015
Lemme check; you can eat pieces of Vegetoids if you weaken them(only kills in the demo,so you're fine) or ask for dinner for smaller but more heals, but of course the former you risk killing them if you end up mashing the button so be careful.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:54:45 25/11/2015 by Bifrost
First | Previous | Page 6 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me