Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 4 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Undertale
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#151 Posted: 23:15:44 08/11/2015
People said it's like some other games made by smaller than small teams - Dust: An Elysian Tail and Axiom Verge come to mind. You dedicated YEARS upon years, mostly alone, and by the time it's out, no matter how good it is,you're sick of that too much of a good thing. He might come back in a few months or a year, but with everyone demanding for him to expand upon Gaster, Sans,etc etc, he's not going to feel encouraged anytime soon.

Or maybe he actually wants people to create their fangames/comics and make the reason themselves; he doesn't seem to have even brought up the Unity port yet despite it being at crazy fast development. But as much as AUs and imagining is cool, the universe seems to be lacking a few things - like a jigsaw where you have all those islands of completed pieces but none to put in the middle and start seeing an actual picture though not the entire thing. I definately don't want him to answer everything myself,but if he could give some hints on how to put it all together and have some semblance of a ground to stand on for backstories and (more concise)lore, it'd be awesome.

The postcredits boss

Is Toby himself as the Annoying Dog. You get him by beating the credits sequence, but his room has 'holes that need to be patched' so you can't engage him iirc. And considering how he treats Papyrus and Toriel (especially in hard mode), he's really the last one you should encounter.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:52:16 08/11/2015 by Bifrost
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#152 Posted: 01:10:35 09/11/2015
The one thing I'm confused about is the timelines. With Sans saying 'You'd dead where you stand' in the neutral and pacifist runs, it seems to indicate that he's aware of the Genocide timeline, which means that the genocide timeline is probably a canon event. But if it does happen, what does that say for the true pacifist ending? I heard that it's nightmare fuel if you do genocide before pacifist.

I just feel that there are some aspects of the game that need a bit more of an explanation, like the one I just stated. I also would like a confirmation on whether Sans used work with Alphys and Gaster or not. A lot of people seem to think that the 'What do you two think?' in one of the reports is referring to Sans and Papyrus, but I think it refers to Sans and Alphys since they were more than likely Gaster's apprentices. Also something must have happened to make Sans quit and Alphys to take over fully. I have a theory that Sans was also involved with all the incidents in the true lab including Flowey and that's what drove him to quit. Although, I don't know everything that happened in the true lab since I refuse to get spoiled anymore, so I'm probably wrong with everything here lmao.

Also, apparently you can get an event to trigger that makes Flowey mention that Sans tried to stop Flowey from resetting loads of times.

Also, apparently Mark is interested in other games than Undertale and that's why he's not uploading it, and may have even forgotten about it. Tbh I'm very surprised about this; I thought Mark was fan of Earthbound and also enjoyed playing OFF, so I thought Undertale would be perfect for him. It's like he hasn't even given the game a chance, which is weird considering OFF apparently doesn't get good until later on and takes patience to get up to the good stuff. On the other hand, Jack/Sean is really loving the game. I actually find this weird and I expected Mark to be the one loving it and Jack to be the one not interested, but it's instead the opposite. Jack even mentioned that he bought the soundtrack and listens to it when he's not recording stuff. xD

Maybe FNAF has changed Mark's interest in games I dunno. But I'm just happy with Jack playing the game tbh.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:51:26 09/11/2015 by DarkCynder_543
KnightArtorias Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#153 Posted: 07:51:25 09/11/2015
Have you guys played the Legend of Markiplier trilogy of fangames? Those are freaking amazing, I just wish Mark would play 'em.

Oh boy...Twitch Plays Undertale. As a mod on Twitch Plays Dark Souls, I know how crazy those things can get.
---
"Caim? Caim...the one who calls to me...I cannot see. Where are you?"
~Angelus (Drakengard 2)
(Angelus x Caim OTP)
#154 Posted: 07:52:56 09/11/2015
Sometimes views speak louder than tastes, though, I've seen quite a lot of LPs that had to be stopped because the player loved the game but it just wasn't generating enough views. Not everyone can be Vinesauce or Best Friends Play and just do whatever they want, or even has the courage to.

Sans actually seems to mistake you for Flowey on being the anomaly in timelines; it's noticeable as a Lost Soul since he sounds a lot more defeatist than normal with his memories of Frisk wiped. Considering he's already alert with something as small as the "echo flowe" talking to Papyrus, they've probably killed each other in tons of timelines, but only you got enough hate to summon Chara in a single soul for Genocide.

And yup, doing Genocide before a True Pacifist is not a good time. The game wants you to not be above consequences,even if the file that registers your runs is easy to find.
---
#155 Posted: 08:53:09 09/11/2015
I don't think views is the issue since Mark actually made a poll on what game he should do next, and Undertale scored the highest votes, and his first LP of Undertale has over a million views now. I don't know if he streams it though. :\

Oh wow, that's harsh. D:

That's why if I do genocide, I will probably stop during San's fight. If more experienced gamers have huge troubles with him then I will have no hope in succeeding. xD
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:33:11 09/11/2015 by DarkCynder_543
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#156 Posted: 18:27:55 09/11/2015
Kinda sucks that Mark "lost interest" in Undertale. It's thanks to the fact that he started playing it in the first place that got me so interested in it.
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#157 Posted: 18:37:11 09/11/2015
He's far,faaar from most of the good bits,too.

Though now I'm more worried about the crazy schedule for Best Friends Play Undertale. They clearly love the game, but 30 minute episode then a whole week break will destroy any understanding of the story. At least this is happening in Hotlands where they don't drop as many hints about the plot as usual.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:37:30 09/11/2015 by Bifrost
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#158 Posted: 19:30:18 09/11/2015
I don't think it's that he lost interest, I'm sure he'll come back to it. He's got a lot of games to keep himself busy!

Also, I've never really kept up with youtube let's players but I'd really like to watch some for Undertale. Can someone recommend me someone who has great reactions?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:34:29 09/11/2015 by Darby
#159 Posted: 19:44:21 09/11/2015
Sure thing,lemme get the last page to speed up the links.
As I just mentioned,Best Friends Play isn't done yet, so there isn't much to react except the skelebros and Undyne. They also started with a neutral run and didn't record a reset up until the stopping point,so watch at your own peril.

Tom Fawkes for his amazing voiceovers, he also has some funny reactions once he notices what he read. Except maybe Alphys,everyone fits like a glove despite the fact he wouldn't sound like he has a huge range of tones at first.

Packratt0013,also not complete but it's several full streams so no need to run after a playlist. picks up from the second stream and on(he's actually-not-drunk-but-might-as-well-be in this one), but it's hilarious from the start. When Papyrus shows up and on,tho...

Joel from Vinesauce and Cryaotic(who I don't know,might be writing the name wrong) probably put this game on the map to begin with. While his reactions to Undyne's date might be uhhh... Unnerving, it's all for laughs and he also does great voiceovers. (warning that he just got the account back after a hacker decided to mess it up - this is a mirror recorded with chat that goes only up until part 2 in case the real channel is still a mess)

Last but not least,Slowbeef himself. He ended up finishing pacifist without recording,but here's what he recorded where he's in stiches by the end. He also recorded an entire Genocide run with friends,but can't judge that.

I also want to say Criken,but he doesn't actually read the dialogue with voices and the reactions only catch up to him near the end :C
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 21:12:16 09/11/2015 by Bifrost
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#160 Posted: 19:59:06 09/11/2015
Cr1tical's Undertale let's play is the only one that matters. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4iEDF5eHwc
Even if he did kill goat mum :(
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#161 Posted: 20:00:10 09/11/2015
Thank you guys so much!! This'll keep me entertained for a while
#162 Posted: 23:26:59 09/11/2015
Eh I don't know if he's lost interest or not, that's just what I heard from the Steam discussions for Undertale. :\

I personally like GameGrump's Undertale the best. Ross has the best Papyrus voice and I love their reactions to stuff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjUPWvcv7xs

EDIT: Just checked in on Twitch. They're up to Mettaton. Don't know how they got passed Muffet lol. Also I don't really get how they're getting through the game quickly now, yet spent so long in the ruins when they first started.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:46:47 10/11/2015 by DarkCynder_543
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#163 Posted: 00:57:36 10/11/2015
i'm in the stream atm

we've been trapped in the temmie village arguing about dog residue and the pan for quite a bit now.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#164 Posted: 01:00:57 10/11/2015
how did you guys manage to do the piano puzzle? xD
---
#165 Posted: 01:10:41 10/11/2015
pan just got sold

gg
---
#166 Posted: 03:22:27 10/11/2015
I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS???????
#167 Posted: 04:04:06 10/11/2015
I'm tempted to click that link, but I probably shouldn't...

Well, theres a possibility I may be able to get the game in a few (two I think) weeks, on my birthday.

If I'm lucky and things work for me, then huzzah, I finally got the game YUSS \o/

If not...

idk. e_e hopefully there'll be a sale soon or something? eguheguhg

(Really hope I can manage to get it in 2 weeks. pls let this happpen~)
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#168 Posted: 04:58:26 10/11/2015
Don't worry haha it isn't a spoiler, I promise!

I hope you're able to get the game!
#169 Posted: 08:00:27 10/11/2015
Someone forgot that official art is actually fanart still; the only one that's official iirc is the Papyrus one since it's the exact description of his selfie in the Undernet dialogue.
I think I said this last page, but it's really hard to get Sans' design because his sprite is too simple - Temmie draws him with exposed ribcage and generic shoes, Gigi draws him with slippers and turtleneck shirt, and in the end Toby is actually the one the designed him to begin with; and he's not too eager to answer Undertale questions in his twitter lately smilie
---
#170 Posted: 10:30:59 10/11/2015
I think it's because Toby wants us to have our own interpretation. He got interviewed once and skipped a lot of questions in that too.

I see him with the white turtleneck and slippers. Also in Sans's battle sprite it looks like he's wearing slippers.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:31:31 10/11/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#171 Posted: 05:28:02 11/11/2015
Sort of big news?

Undertale beat Mass Effect 3 in GameFAQs Best Game Ever 2015 contest. It's unknown what it will be up against next.
---
#172 Posted: 06:00:39 11/11/2015
Holly ****. That's pretty great!

It might become the Game of the Year 2015 at this rate. :)
---
#173 Posted: 06:04:27 11/11/2015
Quote: DarkCynder_543
Holly ****. That's pretty great!

It might become the Game of the Year 2015 at this rate. smilie

it has pretty strong competition though.

it's being pit up against fallout 3 and super mario world.

i'm perfectly fine though since it managed to beat mass effect 3.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:04:43 11/11/2015 by MoonHorizons
#174 Posted: 06:39:37 11/11/2015
I do think that Sans with the blue and white sneakers are better, but I can't not imagine him with slippers. xD
---
#175 Posted: 07:03:26 11/11/2015
i like him with both.

i personally prefer the slippers though, but eh.
---
#176 Posted: 07:18:13 11/11/2015
To be honest, I definitely don't think Undertale is 'the best game ever'. But I do think it's the best game of 2015.
---
#177 Posted: 07:43:51 11/11/2015
Dunno,The Witcher 3 is too big of competition. Undertale is great at what it does,yeah,but the former just met most people's standards and people can bafely find flaws in it as well.

But Indie Game of the Year? For sure. Most of the ones that could compete are still in beta.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:44:46 11/11/2015 by Bifrost
#178 Posted: 08:23:16 11/11/2015
Undertale's growing in popularity faster than Five Nights at Freddy's, holy crap.
---
~Angelus (Drakengard 2)
(Angelus x Caim OTP)
#179 Posted: 08:30:14 11/11/2015
The only difference is that Undertale deserves the popularity. :)
---
#180 Posted: 09:55:42 11/11/2015
Though with that crazy growth there's no stopping the OOC comics and AUs. Is it too much to ask to have a comic where Asgore isn't a loser or Sans isn't getting the author's issues with depression projected on him? >w>
I just exaggerate though, unless people start trying to push those as the only acceptable headcanons it's all in good fun.
---
#181 Posted: 10:18:59 11/11/2015
I'm gonna be honest, I wanna see more with
Asriel
he's my favorite.

Example, this one (pulled from e621 of all places, routed through a gyazo link so nobody ventures there and I get in trouble for something)

[User Posted Image]
---
~Angelus (Drakengard 2)
(Angelus x Caim OTP)
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 11:22:07 11/11/2015 by KnightArtorias
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#182 Posted: 10:31:41 11/11/2015
Posting spoilers without using spoiler tags again, Knight?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:37:44 11/11/2015 by Aura24
#183 Posted: 10:32:06 11/11/2015
Spoilers, KnightArtorias. People are coming here asking for help and that's super major, this isn't the subreddit where anything in the main page has the warning.

On the subject, though...
Toby needs to get on fixing that bug where you can't determination your way to keep Asriel.
Though personally, I think it'd be more exciting to try and make Flowey regain positive emotions again. Asriel made his decision back then, he's dead, and the only one around these last thousand timelines is Flowey, so it feels more satisfying to start from square one for him. After all, his dialogue when you open the game after True Pacifist clearly shows he's trying his damnest to feel good about helping, probably leftover power from the souls, so it's a start.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:38:41 11/11/2015 by Bifrost
#184 Posted: 11:22:46 11/11/2015
Forgot the spoiler tags, whoops.
---
~Angelus (Drakengard 2)
(Angelus x Caim OTP)
#185 Posted: 19:56:37 11/11/2015
Spoilers

Twitch is at Omega Flowey. They're on the 2nd soul.
---
#186 Posted: 20:02:52 11/11/2015
Twitch Plays Undertale isn't as cool as it seemed at the first day now that they're getting infinite health cheats as soon as they spent a few hours too many. Yeah, some areas MIGHT be impossible without it(Mad Dummy needed it for sure), but OP should've given the chat benefit of the doubt and stipulated one day of trying before the hax.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:03:25 11/11/2015 by Bifrost
#187 Posted: 20:07:02 11/11/2015
I don't recall any health hax being used for anything other then some parts of the ruins and the mad dummy.

We would probably still be on Asgore if it weren't for us getting lucky with Dog Salad RNG.

We keep getting close to beating the 2nd phase of Flowey, but we keep missing the act button.

There's nearly 400 people in the room right now.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:09:24 11/11/2015 by MoonHorizons
#188 Posted: 20:42:09 11/11/2015
The streamer was also adding health during Muffet so they would last longer.
---
#189 Posted: 20:58:35 11/11/2015
I really wanna click those spoilers.

But I can't until I finally get the game and beat it.......

(But I still wanna click them e.e)
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#190 Posted: 21:07:55 11/11/2015
Don't worry, the spoilers in question are actually quite great experienced by yourself. But don't forget to read the lore carefully,especially
>>Act
*cowpowa23
*Mystify

<(the tapes.)

(*Bifrost does an uncessary mysterious hand gesture.)
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:10:09 11/11/2015 by Bifrost
#191 Posted: 21:12:02 11/11/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Don't worry, the spoilers in question are actually quite great experienced by yourself. But don't forget to read the lore carefully,especially
>>Act
*cowpowa23
*Mystify

<(the tapes.)

(*Bifrost does an uncessary mysterious hand gesture.)

I have 0 idea what you meant there...

But yeah alright sure. ^.^

(cowpowa is still confused. e_e )
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#192 Posted: 21:16:55 11/11/2015
I'm trying to make the post look like an ingame FIGHT. But the black text on white post really breaks any attempt at immersion :U
---
#193 Posted: 21:43:28 11/11/2015
spoilers

WE'RE ON THE FINAL STAGE FOR FLOWEY

NO MORE SOULS LEFT JUST HIT HIM UNTIL HES DEAD
---
#194 Posted: 01:16:10 12/11/2015
WE DID IT GUYS

TWITCH JUST BEAT UNDERTALE.
---
#195 Posted: 02:52:51 12/11/2015
I missed the flowey fight. ;____;
---
#196 Posted: 10:27:42 12/11/2015
Gosh darn it I now can't look at MoonHorizons' avatar without hearing the automated clap in my head. Mettaton is far from my favorite character but darn he's memorable.
---
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#197 Posted: 11:39:16 12/11/2015
I missed the Flowey fight also ;-;
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#198 Posted: 13:07:59 12/11/2015
Also holy crap, I was looking up some extra dialogue for repeat Neutral ending attempts, and connecting it with the other ones while discussing it with a friend... Flowey isn't as hopeless as I've seen some fans insist.

We concluded that the detachment from all those timelines just made Flowey think he is. If you start repeating Neutral, he starts having some really strange pauses when trying to mock you or Papyrus(in the fan club one), kinda like he's regretting it now. However,at the end, he decides to just assume you're just like him and just there to hear him talk - and if you recall Asriel's dialogue, he knows he has some big projection issues when it comes to Chara, so why would it be any different towards Frisk who he keeps mistaking them for?
There's also the dialogue in Genocide where he clearly can't understand why he's suddenly desperate and horrified of you. Kinda like when you spare him on Neutral,after so many resets, he probably forgot he even could feel anything,good or bad.
So maybe it's not that the lack of a soul just cuts off any attempt to feel(besides, one of the Snowdin Library books theorizes that a soul might not be all that there is), he really just needs to be pushed over the edge to get any response, in both extremes, but he's a dozen times more reluctant for anything positive. So all those AUs about Frisk putting him in a pot to try to make him discover new things on the surface and learn are slightly more in character than we thought!

For the record, he does the same face when saying that "doing good things only gets you hurt" or in the first neutral reset, when saying that "killing maybe isn't the way to go".

I can't believe a daisy flower(?? sunflowers are too big and he can't be a buttercup) Amalgamate with teeth is one of the more complex characters in video games this year.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:32:08 12/11/2015 by Bifrost
#199 Posted: 18:08:40 12/11/2015
Genocide spoilers

I DID IT!!!!!111

[User Posted Image]
---
First | Previous | Page 4 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me