Forum

Poll

Favourite CTR:NF Spyro skin?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 51 of 51
1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
Unpopular Gaming Opinions [STICKY]
emeraldzoroark Emerald Sparx Gems: 3114
#2501 Posted: 20:21:48 23/06/2020
If this topic was never stickied, it would have been the end of the topic. So thats fun.

Guess I had better reveal an unpopular gaming opinion...

Spyro is cool
---
This avatar will be a reminder of my ultimate goal.
Even if I can’t bring it to Gen 8.
BroGuy Blue Sparx Gems: 773
#2502 Posted: 05:09:48 24/06/2020
Quote: JCW555
[User Posted Image]

Dunno if this is unpopular per se, but I don't think reviewers can review platformers that aren't Mario anymore.



I can tell you right now that your opinion is not unpopular with me. There's a certain 3D Platforming discord that I'm in where I frequently make these grievances


Quote: emeraldzoroark
If this topic was never stickied, it would have been the end of the topic. So thats fun.

Guess I had better reveal an unpopular gaming opinion...

Spyro is cool


correct
---
No U
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:10:52 24/06/2020 by BroGuy
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx [online] Gems: 6366
#2503 Posted: 19:04:14 24/06/2020 | Topic Creator
The Avengers game doesn't really look that much more repetitive than Insomniac's Spider-Man to me, ngl. :/ (I'm sure that I'll still like the latter more, but I feel people have been too harsh on the former for no real reason)

"b-but it looks like a ps3 game!!!!"

And Aunt May looks like ET with a wig, your point?
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:18:42 24/06/2020 by Sesshomaru75
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 5531
#2504 Posted: 20:25:52 24/06/2020
Quote: Sesshomaru75
The Avengers game doesn't really look that much more repetitive than Insomniac's Spider-Man to me, ngl. :/ (I'm sure that I'll still like the latter more, but I feel people have been too harsh on the former for no real reason)

"b-but it looks like a ps3 game!!!!"

And Aunt May looks like ET with a wig, your point?



it looks ugly because of how many resources is being used in the game. this is a multiplier game that is also rendering weather and particle effects every frame. whatever happened to people saying gameplay > graphics :( game looks really fun but i fear its gonna run badly on the ps4
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:27:45 24/06/2020 by somePerson
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx [online] Gems: 6366
#2505 Posted: 20:28:38 24/06/2020 | Topic Creator
It doesn't really even look ugly, imo. Frame rate is a valid concern, though. (That said the game's still a couple of months away, so hopefully they'll optimize it better by then?)
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.
Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1769
#2506 Posted: 05:46:22 28/06/2020
It really blows that Senator Armstrong is designed the way he is. Up until now, every boss fight in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance has been stellar and unique, but Armstrong is everything people don’t like in a boss in one boss. Super fast QTEs, ridiculous damage output, massive AoE attacks, self healing, two health bars, he’s got it all.
At least with all the other bosses, if you were having trouble with fighting them the normal way, there was a creative solution to it. For example, I was having some difficulty with Sundowner because I’m not very good at slashing in a certain direction with my sticks, so my creative counter to that was triggering his armor with the sai and going in for a few blows. With Armstrong, there is no creative counter, and there’s no checkpoints like literally every other boss. It seems like he was more designed to be frustrating than actually fun to fight.
---
(✿≧▽≦)>> ☆
I am Groot. (*I Guardians of the Galaxy 23:48*)
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 5556
#2507 Posted: 17:15:07 28/06/2020
The mainline Shin Megami Tensei franchise is better than Persona(I still do think the games are great though) and it’s a shame that it’s so overshadowed that it’s gacha(SMT DX2) seem ashamed of the IP(it’s more lighthearted and colorful instead of the usual horror style) and 4/4:Apocalypse have more of a shonen style. I wish we would see more about the upcoming SMTV but with Sega owning Atlus, it seem all they care now is the more popular Persona unfortunately.
---
Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope but sometime fear cloud our visions, sometime our strength give out....
Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1769
#2508 Posted: 03:01:34 29/06/2020
Quote: fyra
The mainline Shin Megami Tensei franchise is better than Persona(I still do think the games are great though) and it’s a shame that it’s so overshadowed that it’s gacha(SMT DX2) seem ashamed of the IP(it’s more lighthearted and colorful instead of the usual horror style) and 4/4:Apocalypse have more of a shonen style. I wish we would see more about the upcoming SMTV but with Sega owning Atlus, it seem all they care now is the more popular Persona unfortunately.



I think that's because, like it or not, Persona has a much wider appeal than SMT in countries other than Japan. Just like Dragon Quest, there are these massive game franchises that Westerners just... don't give a **** about, regardless of quality.
---
(✿≧▽≦)>> ☆
I am Groot. (*I Guardians of the Galaxy 23:48*)
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 7120
#2509 Posted: 13:24:29 29/06/2020
Dragon Quest 11 still broke through despite all the odds though, so SMT still has a chance. Unfortunately, it does only prove the point that you need highly popular characters and not just a good game, since it wouldn't have gotten anywhere close without the sisters, Jade and Sylvando. SMT DOES have big cool characters, but a new game needs to really put significant work on it.
---
I do art!
MAHARI YUWARE GAAIE SABANARE
AMARE DIRAHI JUMAGI GANASHARA
Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1769
#2510 Posted: 13:49:08 29/06/2020
Quote: Bifrost
Dragon Quest 11 still broke through despite all the odds though, so SMT still has a chance. Unfortunately, it does only prove the point that you need highly popular characters and not just a good game, since it wouldn't have gotten anywhere close without the sisters, Jade and Sylvando. SMT DOES have big cool characters, but a new game needs to really put significant work on it.


I’d also attribute a huge amount of that player base to Hero’s inclusion in Smash. It did exactly what Smash reps (specifically third parties) are supposed to do; get a different and generally more apprehensive audience interested in the game. I saw very little DQXI content before Hero in Smash (though I did see some which was a good sign), but Smash helped it “explode” more or less. Same goes with Banjo for Japanese audiences, and hell Terry got me personally into a ton of SNK games. Hero did nothing but gain a wider appeal with the Smash inclusion.

I’m sure we’d be seeing a lot more people clamoring for SMTV news if we had gotten Jack Frost as a character or something, as much as I adore Joker as a character. It just really feels like, regardless of your opinion on it, Persona has totally eclipsed SMT in popularity, modern Persona has eclipsed 1 and 2, and Persona 5 has eclipsed 3 and 4, at least in popularity.
---
(✿≧▽≦)>> ☆
I am Groot. (*I Guardians of the Galaxy 23:48*)
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 5556
#2511 Posted: 14:46:13 29/06/2020
In my case, I’m just begging for SMTV news because I no longer find Pokémon fun and want to jump ship completely to SMT and also prefer their darker, harder nature.
---
Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope but sometime fear cloud our visions, sometime our strength give out....
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 5531
#2512 Posted: 19:33:47 29/06/2020
Quote: fyra
The mainline Shin Megami Tensei franchise is better than Persona(I still do think the games are great though) and it’s a shame that it’s so overshadowed that it’s gacha(SMT DX2) seem ashamed of the IP(it’s more lighthearted and colorful instead of the usual horror style) and 4/4:Apocalypse have more of a shonen style. I wish we would see more about the upcoming SMTV but with Sega owning Atlus, it seem all they care now is the more popular Persona unfortunately.



persona is part of the smt franchise lmao. one of the reasons why persona overshadows other smt games is because of how approachable it is compared to its predecessors. the light-hearted nature is easier to consume compared to dark horror themes. while i do think the horror theme of the originals is compelling, the topics of teenage problems in persona are more relatable and easier to understand. games about teenagers living life are more approachable than a post-apocalyptic cult featuring dante from the devil may cry™️ series.
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx [online] Gems: 6366
#2513 Posted: 19:46:36 29/06/2020 | Topic Creator
That's why she said mainline SMT, which Persona isn't. (Technically SMT isn't mainline Megami Tensei either, but I digress...) I do agree that SMT is better than Persona, though I personally like both.
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:23:34 29/06/2020 by Sesshomaru75
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 7120
#2514 Posted: 20:16:15 29/06/2020
You know who had an open chance to get a cool spot like Persona though? The Raidou Kuzunoha subseries. And now I made myself sad.
---
I do art!
MAHARI YUWARE GAAIE SABANARE
AMARE DIRAHI JUMAGI GANASHARA
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 5556
#2515 Posted: 20:50:51 29/06/2020
Real mainline never came out of Japan so I will never know what it’s truly like
---
Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope but sometime fear cloud our visions, sometime our strength give out....
Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1769
#2516 Posted: 22:20:47 29/06/2020
Quote: fyra
Real mainline never came out of Japan so I will never know what it’s truly like


English hacks?
---
(✿≧▽≦)>> ☆
I am Groot. (*I Guardians of the Galaxy 23:48*)
Drawdler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3104
#2517 Posted: 06:27:49 30/06/2020
https://youtu.be/h4kA7AYBtp8
First | Previous | Page 51 of 51
1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me