Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Indivisible; from the devs who brought you Skullgirls
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Indivisible; from the devs who brought you Skullgirls [CLOSED]
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#1 Posted: 16:52:18 12/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Indivisible is an action RPG being developed by Lab Zero, famous for the fighting game Skullgirls. Supposed to be inspired by Valkyrie Profile and Metroid, the game features non-turn based combat and even some slight platforming elements in a non-linear world to explore.

The website linked above features a free downloadable prototype as a proof of concept. Anyone can try it out and determine if this is something they might enjoy. The prototype also features a fairly substantial amount of hidden easter eggs despite its runtime (30-ish minutes?). I played it and had a good time and I imagine at least a few others here would as well.

The crowdfunding page is over here, and also provides a hugely in depth concept of how the game will play, look, sound, and what they're aiming for (such as a 20-30 hour story). Give it all a look and if you enjoy the prototype above consider possibly backing the game if you can afford to.
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#2 Posted: 17:08:26 12/10/2015
Cool.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3 Posted: 17:46:15 12/10/2015
Wish I had some money to spare for this. As they said in the Skullgirls forums, it's this or the end of Lab Zero for the time being. They're doing better than Them's Fightin' Herds, but it's still so heartwrenching to see the percentage move like 1-2% every day instead of something more comfortable.

The game looks amazing too,and having the Secret of Mana composer only makes it even better.

---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:47:32 12/10/2015 by Bifrost
#4 Posted: 23:06:07 15/10/2015
Important bump! Several new Incarnations revealed,including a colored picture of the girl with the giant falcon, and Game Grumps played it. We got a whole lot of 1% from that today, but hey, the youtubers are finally looking into this.

And apparently there's some offended person running around saying that Ajna using a short skirt is the worst thing. It takes real dense to not notice that she ties her skirt short and it's actually big in the game's intro.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:06:29 15/10/2015 by Bifrost
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#5 Posted: 16:49:17 17/10/2015
It looks really neat. Hope it's successful.
---
Boop me if you see this.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#6 Posted: 14:55:00 21/10/2015
....this isnt getting funded
;;;;;
#7 Posted: 15:03:29 21/10/2015
Quote: arceustheprime
....this isnt getting funded
;;;;;

We got a month and Them' Fighting Herds is about to end with no slacker backing(confirmed in their tumblr), if they give some more plugs. It ain't over till it's over.
---
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#8 Posted: 15:11:19 21/10/2015
I hope the full game is actually the full game and won't have small chunks of dlc released afterward... because these devs have proven one thing to us... they take tame worse than George R.R. Martin. lol
To believe it took them longer than the development of Mortal Kombat X to make three DLC characters they promised from the start... which took buying an additional version of the game to use anyway. smilie
#9 Posted: 17:05:26 21/10/2015
What? They worked their hands off to finish Skullgirls' FIVE DLC in less than two years, re-released the game after Konami tried to blackmail them into selling out the IP again, did fully handrawn sprites and balanced to the last bit of code. It's not the same as making a skeleton sprite and animating the pieces - and believe me I'm working on both types for my currently undisclosed game project.

And this time,should they suceed,it'll be easier. It's why the pie chart is so dumb this time - their publisher for legal reasons won't let them say the fact they're handling everything but the main pieces development. No 5 months trying to get Konami off their backs, no waiting for Sony and MS to release Encore and 2nd Encore, no waifu wars with people pulling donations because no stretch goals.
Of course,it isn't without a price to pay. They agreed to keep most of the IP and control over the game should they suceed... And close doors and forget the game and SG2 if they don't.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:07:01 21/10/2015 by Bifrost
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#10 Posted: 21:33:19 27/10/2015
In my opinion, maybe Lab Zero should've had the game on Kickstarter and not IndieGoGo because I can't think of a reason why this game isn't as much money as it deserves.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#11 Posted: 21:58:08 27/10/2015
Quote: StevemacQ
In my opinion, maybe Lab Zero should've had the game on Kickstarter and not IndieGoGo because I can't think of a reason why this game isn't as much money as it deserves.

Kickstarter holds up the money for around a month, Mike Z talked about that in Skullheart Forums. Indiegogo will give them the funds immediately after the campaign is over, if there isn't an issue with paypal like there was with Keep Skullgirls Growing. Probably 505 wanted the latter since they can get their end of the deal arranged right away instead of fearing for people pulling donations.
---
#12 Posted: 07:35:00 03/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Time is running short and it looks increasingly likely that they won't be able to get the game funded.

Quote: StevemacQ

Skullgirls was also on IndieGoGo and it did extremely well.
#13 Posted: 09:46:50 03/11/2015
There's demo coming out tomorrow or today on PS4 too, it'll definately be a boost. I just hope they can ask 505 for an extension if it gets too close to the goal. The main problem is daily donations; because on raw numbers we've raised over several other campaigns already.
---
#14 Posted: 14:25:39 04/11/2015
Bumping this becausw HOOOLY CARP, cameo Incarnations!

[User Posted Image]

(Undyne Incarnation when)
I'll edit with full news if someone doesn't later, Skullheart Forums ain't the best on mobile.

And as said there, NOW'S ANNIE.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:29:22 04/11/2015 by Bifrost
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#15 Posted: 15:05:44 04/11/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Bumping this becausw HOOOLY CARP, cameo Incarnations!

[User Posted Image]

(Undyne Incarnation when)
I'll edit with full news if someone doesn't later, Skullheart Forums ain't the best on mobile.

And as said there, NOW'S ANNIE.

[User Posted Image]
>Has Indie that was exclusive to nintendo for a while
>Inspired by Super Metroid
>2D Graphics
>NO Nintendo release.

HAAHAHAHH

https://twitter.com/Q_Mulative...025174544838657

>PC is duh best
>PS4 duh best
>Sorry, no Wii U port. Too many dev unknowns, and who knows where the system will be in 2 years.
>i know where you will be
[User Posted Image]

>$1,500,000 USD goal
>$615,921USD
>11 days left
>41%
HA
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:13:34 04/11/2015 by Sleepy0429
#16 Posted: 15:24:56 04/11/2015 | Topic Creator
^In fairness with Nintendo having outright announced anything about the NX a lot of people get the feeling that the system won't be around for much longer. Indivisible is a game we'll be seeing most likely around early 2018 and at this rate it's likely Nintendo could be on that next system. Meanwhile the PS4 will most definitely still be here and with a large install base.

I get the feeling if Nintendo never said anything about NX, Lab Zero might've been a little more open to developing on it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:25:30 04/11/2015 by CAV
#17 Posted: 16:37:32 04/11/2015
Reseach before you criticize, Sleepy. They aren't planning a Nintendo release because they don't know if staying on the WiiU is a good idea,mid-gen period and all by the time this game should get done.

Also, tell me how many other IGG/KS that had a goal of 1,5kk got completed. C'mon, I'll wait. The biggest ones had 500k because they'd get a publisher for the rest,Lab Zero deliberately bit the bullet and asked 505 to get the majority funded by fans to have near-full control over the IP, since they were approached by the publisher to do this and not the other way around.

Ok,full scoop:
Quote:
We passed 600k!!! There really are no words to properly express how grateful we are for your support in getting us this far. We are in it to win it, and we're glad you're here with us!

A couple of reminders in case you missed them in the last update:

The prototype is now available on PS4 for North American PSN! EU PSN should be approved for release soon. We'll let you know.
Lab Zero Games will be holding an AMA on Reddit in /r/IAmA today, November 4th, at 3:00PM Pacific / 6:00PM Eastern. It's been approved with the lovely mods over there and it's all set to be a blast!

The exciting announcement we alluded to in a previous update is this:

Indivisible will feature a fantastic lineup of guest characters! And yes, all of them will be playable. Here's the list we've announced:

Annie from Skullgirls
Calibretto from Battle Chasers
The Drifter from Hyper Light Drifter
Juan from Guacamelee
Lea from Curses N' Chaos
Shovel Knight from Shovel Knight
Zackasaurus from Super Time Force Ultra

We will adapt each character to the Indivisible's art style, and incorporate their abilities and personalities into the game's distinctive battle system.

Watch for updates showing off the visual design of each of these characters in the coming days!

A big THANK YOU to the wonderful folks at Autumn, Airship Syndicate, Heart Machine, DrinkBox, Tribute, Yacht Club and Capybara for believing in Lab Zero and giving us these awesome opportunities!

They also finally revived that George knight concept from some Skullgirls drafts but who cares, ANNIE.

They also said that there are more secret cameos coming up,and when asked about Shantae and Undertale said they're way ahead of us. Hype.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:39:43 04/11/2015 by Bifrost
#18 Posted: 17:36:13 04/11/2015
>On linux and windows

YES

>UNDERTALE TEASED
>SHOVEL KNIGHT
>ZACKASAURUS
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

Quote:
Also, tell me how many other IGG/KS that had a goal of 1,5kk got completed. C'mon, I'll wait.

https://www.kickstarter.com/pr...ole/description
https://www.kickstarter.com/pr...ref=most_funded

also need reference for shantae and undertale being teased
---
#19 Posted: 17:43:33 04/11/2015
Shenmue 3 had a publisher.
Yooka-Laylee didn't have a publisher.
Ouya,we can see that didn't work out too well.
Homestuck has more than the videogame fandom behind it,MN9 has the nostalgia and it's just going swimmingly,ain't it.

It's still just 4 games and one console.

Lemme see if I can find the comment,Skullheart is a mess since Annie.

Quote:
Lab Zero CEO Peter Bartholow said the developer will adapt each character's abilities and personalities into Indivisible's battle system. They hope to announce additional guest characters in the future.

From the announcement article.

Quote:
"Will probably ask in the AMA thread, but I'm wondering if you guys were able to approach Way Forward for some Shantae action. This isn't a request, but I'm curious as to whether that was a possibility"

I'm not going to go into specifics over who all we spoke to, etc.

...But let's just say we're way ahead of you guys on the crossovers people are asking for.

From the general thread, right under several comments about Undertale too.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:48:00 04/11/2015 by Bifrost
#20 Posted: 17:47:34 04/11/2015
Then I still stand with Yooka-Laylee.

>Sans might be in this with A Skateboarding Trex,Shovel Knight,and Shantae.

Thank god by the time this is out I will have a laptop with windows.

Anyway your hopes for future guest stars? PS4 exclusive characters? Ratchet?

Also I have a reddit. PM me your questions!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:50:16 04/11/2015 by Sleepy0429
#21 Posted: 17:50:57 04/11/2015
Undyne seems to fit more, though to be fair there are plenty of blade-on-a-stick users revealed already. Sans would definately fit for ranged.

Lab Zero barely has the funds to stay WITH a crowdfunding going on, I don't think they'd spend the legalese money to get AAA characters. But indies,along as they're willing to talk... Aside from the obvious two games, can't think of much else :U
---
#22 Posted: 17:52:52 04/11/2015
Undyne seems to fit more, though to be fair there are plenty of blade-on-a-stick users revealed already. Sans would definitely fit for ranged.

Lab Zero barely has the funds to stay WITH a crowdfunding going on, I don't think they'd spend the legalese money to get AAA characters. But indies,along as they're willing to talk... Aside from the obvious two games, can't think of much else :U

I see what you mean with the guest stars. But I am gonna be honest. Sans is VERY popular. So is Papyrus.

Yooka-Laylee please.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:55:25 04/11/2015 by Sleepy0429
#23 Posted: 18:04:17 04/11/2015
Yooka and Laylee seem a bit too cartoon violence for the game but Laylee could make a good projectile :U

Fightin' Herds too, but if they pick someone like Oleander or Pom they might feel too much like Razmi.
---
#24 Posted: 23:31:50 04/11/2015
Yooka and Laylee seem a bit too cartoon violence for the game but Laylee could make a good projectile :U

Fightin' Herds too, but if they pick someone like Oleander or Pom they might feel too much like Razmi.

What do you mean?
---
#25 Posted: 23:36:30 04/11/2015
Summon characters that, from the look of the sketches, would be a lot about chaining from other attacks. From what I've seen Razmi aways seems better for that because she can attack from big distances with the tiger summon.

Anyway, AMA is on:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/...skullgirls_ama/

I don't really have any questions that someone in Skullheart didn't ask already, but in case you guys want some confirmations.
---
#26 Posted: 00:28:24 05/11/2015
Summon characters that, from the look of the sketches, would be a lot about chaining from other attacks. From what I've seen Razmi aways seems better for that because she can attack from big distances with the tiger summon.

Anyway, AMA is on:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/...skullgirls_ama/

I don't really have any questions that someone in Skullheart didn't ask already, but in case you guys want some confirmations.

Quote:
Yooka and Laylee seem a bit too cartoon violence for the game

That's what i'm confused.
---
#27 Posted: 11:37:59 05/11/2015
I mean they smack enemies with their tails or heads in comical manner; it's not as satisfying as slashing away with Tungar's urumi or giving the enemies a good punch. It's fun in their universe,but dunno in a world where they're about the size of a Hungry Ghost.

(wow forum went down as I was answering this yesterday,almost missed the response)

Also, darn, I know MikeZ said that in no circumstances suggest characters to them(long story short,they accepted that during Skullgirls' IGG, got in one hell of a legal trouble because the creator was too picky,and he blew the NDA in record time and pretty much threw their lawyer money down the drain), but I can't help but think of the indie characters' movesets. Thinking now, if we do get Undertale,we don't even need to settle for one - the skelebros could be a single Incarnation and have a sort of grappler mechanic since Papyrus could just lock the enemy in a small space with the bones and Sans could use the telekinesis to juggle them between it; leaving them as a sitting duck for the combo to continue without being too far to finish the player's turn.
I also want to suggest Zubaz but Best Friends Play most likely already donated a high tier to make that themselves. Most people know him from Divekick or Shovel Knight but he's pretty much the LP group's OC.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:24:06 05/11/2015 by Bifrost
#28 Posted: 12:34:37 05/11/2015
If was also thinking of the Skelebros like that! Shantae is confusing though. Yooka-Laylee would be projectile and melee.
---
#29 Posted: 12:44:08 05/11/2015
Shantae has her transformations,or,if all else fails, Risky's weapons. They pretty much make her play like Samus so it's not exactly hard to make something,but it depends if Alex Ahad will want to have the gameplay always based on the latest games.
---
#30 Posted: 14:44:19 05/11/2015
Shantae has her transformations,or,if all else fails, Risky's weapons. They pretty much make her play like Samus so it's not exactly hard to make something,but it depends if Alex Ahad will want to have the gameplay always based on the latest games.

Well there is a another popular indie

(Looks at Freddy Fazbear)

He could be melee.

But now I am worried the game won't make it's goal. And I can't help due to being broke.

Also in the AMA someone from Wayfoward asked a question..
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:54:28 05/11/2015 by Sleepy0429
#31 Posted: 14:55:55 05/11/2015
They can still ask for an extension for more 20 days. Render said he's still got hope that it won't be needed, and according to IGG it can be requested 3 days before it's over,so still a whole week before it's dangerous.

But it REALLY picked itself up these last 3 days. We weren't getting even 1% before,now we got 50k in a single day. I'm almost too sure we'll need it,but if people really bring up their wallets we won't be too far from the goal.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:56:47 05/11/2015 by Bifrost
#32 Posted: 15:00:08 05/11/2015
Ahh.. I will be following this game and keep praying for a Wii U/NX release but Windows will do for me.
---
#33 Posted: 21:47:23 06/11/2015
Shovel Knight and Juan's designs are up!

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Man Ajna is so short, to be just a few fingers taller than Shovel Knight :Y
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:47:33 06/11/2015 by Bifrost
#34 Posted: 22:45:30 06/11/2015
AHHH DONT TOUCH SANS NOW!

*runs off*
---
#35 Posted: 22:48:30 06/11/2015
Considering Peacock from Skullgirls exists,he'd probably stay in the same style. But if he makes it it'll be scarier to find out he dwarfs Ajna too and is way taller than he looks.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:48:44 06/11/2015 by Bifrost
#36 Posted: 22:51:16 06/11/2015
I don't want him to be tall.
---
#37 Posted: 22:56:55 06/11/2015
I don't either,but it's hard to tell how tall Ajna actually is. Everyone else in the prototype is the same size pretty much though I think that they said in the AMA it's not final, so if Shovel Knight is already this huge despite being pretty much half the size of everyone in his game, even someone under average like Sans will look gigantic as well.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:57:17 06/11/2015 by Bifrost
#38 Posted: 22:58:50 06/11/2015
Well I won't mind Sans being as tall as Ajna.
---
#39 Posted: 22:00:04 09/11/2015
[User Posted Image]

Zackasaurus from Super Time Force in all his digital drawing glory. I remember back when it came out that the logo was just like Skullgirls and a joke crossover would be hilarious.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#40 Posted: 23:41:28 09/11/2015
I played the prototype of this and really enjoyed it.

I am going to back it tomorrow but I fear it may not reach it's goal, which will be a shame.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#41 Posted: 00:21:00 10/11/2015
YESSS ZACKASAURS LOOKS AWESOME!
---
#42 Posted: 21:45:02 10/11/2015
[User Posted Image]

I don't care about Hyper Light Drifter, but The Drifter looks sweet in this style. Still adorable too with the helmet.
---
#43 Posted: 22:24:02 10/11/2015
It seems the game has seen a nice boost in funding. Went from about 50% to 57% from yesterday to today.

I just backed it with $100 myself.
---
#44 Posted: 22:27:45 10/11/2015
Yup, 3% more and we can get that extension. Though Ravidrath seems pretty confident that we can push until the last day before asking, probably so the rest of the forum doesn't lose hope on making as much as possible without it.
---
#45 Posted: 22:38:01 10/11/2015
By extension, do you mean they can extend the deadline of the campaign once it hits 60%? If so, by how much?
---
#46 Posted: 22:40:55 10/11/2015
By 20 days,which, now that there are the demos and possibly new cameo reveals(they've been teasing more after all), they can definately manage. The campaign's main problem was taking too long to bring the good stuff, not to mention starting in the worst month along with Them's Fighting Herds which also had a hard time - I don't think there are many other major crowdfunds going on now, so November can be fully theirs if they do it.
---
#47 Posted: 23:28:44 10/11/2015
I think part of the problem is general skepticism towards crowdfunding lately, largely thanks to Keiji Inafune's shenanigans.
---
#48 Posted: 23:31:06 10/11/2015
Yeah,and kinda sad that such cool guys like Lab Zero have to pay the price - they'll literally have to disband there and then if it doesn't reach the goal, because apparently after November you can stop expecting any company to accept your ideas so they'll have to go after another job asap.
---
#49 Posted: 23:43:59 10/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I think part of the problem is general skepticism towards crowdfunding lately, largely thanks to Keiji Inafune's shenanigans.

I still stand that that's not entirely the case seeing how Them Fighting Herds got funded despite spending the last two years since announcing they'd do a new project doing nearly nothing and only now finally giving us a small gameplay video or two of only two characters supposedly completed (compared to Lab Zero who set all of this stuff up for Indivisible, including the playable prototype, in just three months).

Unless of course that game got funded largely through bronies who wanted to see Mane6 get their game through no matter how slowly they were working on it.

Disclaimer: I have no real ill will towards Mane6 and I'm looking forward to their completed game. I'll even admit that I'd overlook a lot of those issues, or at least not be so bugged by it, if Indivisible wasn't just barely skidding by to get an extension despite doing everything right.
That said, regardless of the case I think it's kinda silly that they took two years to give us a small proof of concept of just two finished characters (both of whom borrow heavily from Fighting is Magic).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:48:26 10/11/2015 by CAV
#50 Posted: 23:53:38 10/11/2015
I don't think skepticism is the full reason (it's entirely possible people simply aren't that interested in Indivisible - it is, in all fairness, pretty niche in terms of who it wants to appeal to) but Keiji Inafune's shenanigans definitely have played a large role in souring people's views on crowdfunding.

Them Fighting Herds was handled badly too but as you say the brony fanbase are very dedicated and probably optimistic with stuff like that. It also isn't nearly as high profile. Keiji Inafune is one of the most recognisable names in the industry and he royally screwed things up with his Kickstarter antics, it seriously bummed a lot of people out on Kickstarters. The Mighty No.9 campaign also did start off very well managed, but it wasn't until later on that things got screwy, particularly when he came out with the Red Ash campaign. His main problem was that he abused the power of crowdfunding and took it for granted. He got way too ambitious too soon, and that resulted in lots of delays for the initial game people funded. Not to mention that said game's quality seems questionable considering the funding it got.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:55:14 10/11/2015 by sonicbrawler182
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me