Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > Have they abandoned the Lost Islands servers ?
Page 1 of 1
Have they abandoned the Lost Islands servers ? [CLOSED]
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#1 Posted: 12:44:47 29/09/2015 | Topic Creator
My WI FI is active and I can play on the net with other silly app games but LI keeps saying its offline . IS everyone "offline" or is it just me ?

This is killing my kudo minimum wage harvest .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:45:56 29/09/2015 by Dark fhoenix
Scooby1 Blue Sparx Gems: 763
#2 Posted: 13:38:11 29/09/2015
I was also getting this message a few days ago. To resolve it, I think I logged into Activate via the option in Lost Islands, which then promoted me to 'agree' to some revised terms & conditions. Once I had done this it put me back 'online' straightaway, where I had lots of kudos gifts waiting for me. Hopefully something similar will work for you.
---
Activate ID: slogsdail
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#3 Posted: 14:51:17 29/09/2015
Yeah, happened here too. Just click on the kudos count and after a few seconds hit "Accept" and you will be back online. It is an Activate thing, not just Lost Islands.

I barely get 5 return gifts a day and gift daily when I remember these days from a full friends list. I only do it because sometimes you get a gem and it might help someone.

At this point, I think it is safe to assume Lost Islands is in full harvest mode and won't be updated.
#4 Posted: 21:48:49 30/09/2015 | Topic Creator
It worked thank you very much .
---
LaCrysta Yellow Sparx Gems: 1776
#5 Posted: 00:39:25 01/10/2015
I was having the same problem, thanks for the fix.
Ndfox Yellow Sparx Gems: 1225
#6 Posted: 13:44:13 01/10/2015
I gift daily for the same reason. Will try to add you as friend
---
mxmas in activate, kids ndfox in activate
Excelsior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1170
#7 Posted: 13:18:01 09/10/2015
defpally you are not showing up in a search.

Please add banksia123. Playing from scratch with villains and struggling to get kudos.
---
banksia123
#8 Posted: 17:01:10 09/10/2015
Quote: Excelsior
defpally you are not showing up in a search.

Please add banksia123. Playing from scratch with villains and struggling to get kudos.

Probably because my friends list is full. I hardly play anymore, I have nothing left to buy with gems so right now there is nothing left than just amassing more resources I will never use.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#9 Posted: 09:35:53 16/10/2015
Gosh darn it, I dreamed that LI was making an ending sale or something along those lines and I almost opened the game this morning thinking I actually saw an ad for it. Kinda wishing the game got actual closure now, maybe a final quest where you upgrade the dais to a real Portal and your duties are done, though the game can be kept in harvest mode since they could always use the players' help.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#10 Posted: 13:58:26 16/10/2015 | Topic Creator
I am not quite finished with it . I want my Admiral Thumpback . I kinda feel for new players not having as much fun as we did but there is still fun to had from that game . I hope all the limited time companions will have a chance to be in the wishing well for everyone . New players will have an easier time getting their hands on Giant and Alter Ego houses then we did .

I never played Skylanders Universe so i wont know what I missed and well same goes for new Lost Island Portal Masters just starting their career .
---
#11 Posted: 14:52:33 16/10/2015
The game will not be shut down, there is still plenty of playability for new players. It's got fun for even non Skylanders collectors. And if people buy gems for it, that's just money in their pocket. It has obviously been put into what is called "harvest mode" in software development - where you just collect ongoing money but are not actively developing for it. I doubt they do anything else, short of maybe a bug fix if something bad is discovered (unlikely).

Great little fun game, but set your own "end goal" and call it a day once you reach it. I still check every few days even though there is nothing left to do but collect some resources that will never be used - mainly because I played it so long.
#12 Posted: 14:56:18 16/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Wow i cannot imagine reaching a point of having more gems than I can spend .
---
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#13 Posted: 10:18:48 17/10/2015
defpally: doubt there'll be anything resembling bug fixes. Plenty of games wiped due to visiting friends' kingdoms - and they've never fixed that. Pity ALL the sanctuaries can't be upgraded despite having plenty of gems. Technically, finishing the game is now impossible.
#14 Posted: 23:12:27 17/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote:
Technically, finishing the game is now impossible.

Is there such a thing ? Just play till you are bored .

Ooh i forgot about the sanctuary upgrades
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#15 Posted: 23:14:47 17/10/2015
Well,you can if you can afford the gems. But without paying copious amounts of cash, you'd need to get high gem quantities from quests(which aren't happening since only the temp quests have gems) to even start farming at a good rate, and THEN have 1200 for each and every one. So yeah, by all intents and purposes,impossible.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:15:22 17/10/2015 by Bifrost
#16 Posted: 23:20:05 17/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Probably not impossible but there is so much better things to spend your 1000 plus gems on .

Actually what will really hurt is no more discounts . The age of " I have more gems then i can spend " is over . We lucky few should appreciate what we got .

Ahh well i have played kingdom games without unlocking 97 percent premium goodies . I still got my fun from it .
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:36:03 17/10/2015 by Dark fhoenix
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#17 Posted: 06:26:39 18/10/2015
No, you can't purchase all the sanctums. At least I can't. I've got 16K gems sitting idle, and the upgrade store only offers five sanctums - magic, fire, tech, undead and water. So unless the game is updated and the remaining sanctums are put back in the shop, the game no longer allows you to buy everything.
#18 Posted: 10:12:12 18/10/2015 | Topic Creator
That sucks . Its fine if they want to go auto pilot on us but at least tie up some loose ends .

What about Diggs ? Will he ever show up in the wishy well ?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:04:13 23/10/2015 by Dark fhoenix
#19 Posted: 00:56:21 19/10/2015
Yeah, the disappointing part is there are some loose ends. I know eventually it was time to sunset the game, and they did dump the houses on the list, but left many things now unobtainable and left the last Skylander (Gnarly Barkley) completely out. Of course the same could be said for the reposes they started making unique (Blizzard Chill was one they made, but many were not). I think at minimum they should have just put everything out there to buy with gems even if they weren't included in the daily sale rotation - it would seem to make sense and encourage gem purchases.

It just seems like they went from decision to shut down very quickly, told the dev(s) they had a very limited time to close it off, then left it.
#20 Posted: 08:37:54 21/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Thats the problem with free games I guess . smilie
---
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#21 Posted: 14:30:07 21/10/2015
Can they just abandon a game that some people have spent actual $$ on? I've never really thought about it. Seems like a lot of people are getting screwed over with this.

Where is Advisor Orville right now to let us know what is going on? Strangely silent he is. I guess he does not want to take the heat.

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#22 Posted: 19:14:36 21/10/2015
Yes, they can abandon a game that people have spent money on.

No one would think it fair that a company be forced to maintain a product indefinitely just because people bought it.

At some point, each and every app any of us buy will be abandoned. The app will continue to work for a while, but with each iOS update there is a chance an older app will break. Eventually it will, and that will be that.

Games periodically stop being available in the store. When that happens, you need to make sure you have your own back-up (including all in-app purchases) because if you ever upgrade to a newer tablet, that will be the only way to continue to play those games.

Such is the nature of tablet games.
#23 Posted: 11:07:20 23/10/2015 | Topic Creator
First noble truth of Buddha

Dukkha exists - unsatisfactoriness, suffering, discontent, stress (to be Investigated)

Nothing lasts forever. When you understand this it makes it easier to not be so attached to what you're experiencing. So when you're experiencing something you think is bad, you can relax in the knowledge that nothing bad lasts forever. Similarly, when you're experiencing happiness you can also realize that nothing good lasts forever. Why would you want to do that? Because it helps you to be more aware of how you're reacting to your experiences at all times.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me