darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Answer for Question About Yawn Traps
Page 1 of 1
Answer for Question About Yawn Traps
BP Blue Sparx Gems: 631
#1 Posted: 16:45:28 22/09/2015 | Topic Creator
I received a question from a forum member about yawn traps, since I sometimes order Skylanders for my store.

First, a disclaimer: I have not ordered Trap Team figures or traps since probably late July. As you may recall, there was a big problem with waves which I understood to be related to the port strikes in CA. In my orders, I received Wave 1 at launch, Wave 2 a couple of weeks after that, and then after a long drought period Wave 4 (skipping Wave 3). Then after the port strikes ended, things started getting wonky. I started receiving Wave 3 boxes for some items, and Wave 1 and 2 for others.

After that, I continued to periodically order, hoping for Wave 5 shipments, and never received any. After a while, with my inventory bursting with previous waves of figures and traps, I finally gave up and stopped ordering.

To answer the question: I have never seen a single shipment of Trap Team Wave 5 figures or traps. I know that some stores have received Wave 5 figures, so I assume those were shipped at some point. I have never seen a Wave 5 trap anywhere.

It is possible that Activision is shipping the Wave 5 traps now, and at some point I will probably try to make a exploratory order to see what they are currently shipping. If I had to guess, though, (and this is just a guess) I would say that the water trap glut and shipment of previous waves (which don't sell as well) may have caused retailers to slow or stop ordering, and that might have slowed Wave 5 shipments due to the backlog of previous wave items that Activision wants to ship first.

Again, I have no inside knowledge...that is just a guess.
Archie Gold Sparx Gems: 2476
#2 Posted: 21:27:43 22/09/2015
Quote: BP
I received a question from a forum member about yawn traps, since I sometimes order Skylanders for my store.

First, a disclaimer: I have not ordered Trap Team figures or traps since probably late July. As you may recall, there was a big problem with waves which I understood to be related to the port strikes in CA. In my orders, I received Wave 1 at launch, Wave 2 a couple of weeks after that, and then after a long drought period Wave 4 (skipping Wave 3). Then after the port strikes ended, things started getting wonky. I started receiving Wave 3 boxes for some items, and Wave 1 and 2 for others.

After that, I continued to periodically order, hoping for Wave 5 shipments, and never received any. After a while, with my inventory bursting with previous waves of figures and traps, I finally gave up and stopped ordering.

To answer the question: I have never seen a single shipment of Trap Team Wave 5 figures or traps. I know that some stores have received Wave 5 figures, so I assume those were shipped at some point. I have never seen a Wave 5 trap anywhere.

It is possible that Activision is shipping the Wave 5 traps now, and at some point I will probably try to make a exploratory order to see what they are currently shipping. If I had to guess, though, (and this is just a guess) I would say that the water trap glut and shipment of previous waves (which don't sell as well) may have caused retailers to slow or stop ordering, and that might have slowed Wave 5 shipments due to the backlog of previous wave items that Activision wants to ship first.

Again, I have no inside knowledge...that is just a guess.

I hope your right with your guessing. I only need the 3 yawn traps plus 1 extra dark trap to complete my collection.
---
SSA 37/37 SG 62/62 SSF 75/75 STT 72/72 Traps 57/60(+1 xtra light/dark) SSC 0!
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#3 Posted: 01:57:17 23/09/2015
Agreed....i also hope they start shipping Wave 5. Would really like to complete my Trap collection.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#4 Posted: 03:54:51 23/09/2015
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
Agreed....i also hope they start shipping Wave 5. Would really like to complete my Trap collection.

I'm guessing they are all waiting behind a large queue of unsold inventory because stores stopped ordering and demand in Trap Team was 30% less than previous games (if going by Starter Sales).
BP Blue Sparx Gems: 631
#5 Posted: 20:00:05 23/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Just following up: Activision is shipping Wave 2 traps right now.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#6 Posted: 20:37:14 23/09/2015
You've just got to love their methodology. "You want X? Well, we're only going to send you Y! And LOTS of it! Because we say so!" I understand that they've likely got a lot of backstock of waves where they weren't able to sell much due to WaterTrapGate, but seriously, if they've got all stock available to go out the door, there's no reason to force the issue. Looks like if the Yawn traps ever do show up stateside, they're going to show up at a bulk discount outlet versus through any retailer, and due to stubbornness/poor business practices from the looks of it. smilie

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#7 Posted: 23:59:00 23/09/2015
I'm so glad I bailed after Trap Team.

Activision really jumped the shark with it and it's distribution practices.

Hello Star Wars Infinity!
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:59:48 23/09/2015 by INTIMIDAT3R
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me