darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > [OFFICIAL TOPIC] Upgrade Path Recommendations!
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
[OFFICIAL TOPIC] Upgrade Path Recommendations! [STICKY]
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#51 Posted: 20:05:20 26/09/2015
Can someone post all paths? Anxious to see Nightfall's and Astroblast
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#52 Posted: 07:26:43 27/09/2015
What are you guys' recommended paths for Turbo Charge DK and Shark Shooter Terrafin? I can't decide at ALL on these ones.
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#53 Posted: 14:40:07 27/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Can someone post the name for both path of Fiesta and Dive Clops?
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#54 Posted: 14:48:52 27/09/2015
I have both so I'll post soon
---
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#55 Posted: 16:47:38 27/09/2015
Quote: Quid
Quote: SkylandrPurists
Mind if somebody shows us Bowser and DKs Upgrade Paths?

Here's hoping I'm not sniped before finishing this ;P

Donkey Kong Starter Upgrades:
Primate Punch: Press Y Rapidly to perform melee attacks.
Barrel Toss: Press A to throw your barrels at nearby enemies. If they get too close you'll smash them with the barrel instead.

Donkey Kong Basic Upgrades:

Bongo Barrel: Press X rapidly to slam your barrel down and use it as a bongo, use your bongos to damage nearby enemies. When you stop your bongo will continue to play for a short time.
Super Donkey Kong: Hold Y to enter Super Donkey Kong mode. When in Super Donkey Kong mode press X to stomp and A to do a barrel roll!
Barrels of Fun: Charge up A and release to be put into an arrow barrel. While in the barrel you'll be able to aim around the level and shoot yourself causing an explosion where you land.
Old School: Tap X in Super Donkey Kong mode to cause ladders and girders to fall from the sky.

Donkey Kong Top Path Upgrades:

Boom Barrels: Tapping A will now throw explosive barrels!
Explosive Landing: Charge up A and release to be shot around in an [sic] barrel. At the end of the move you'll now trigger a big explosion.
Bongo Blast!: Press X rapidly to start playing the Bongos. Bongos that are left behind now explode!

Donkey Kong Bottom Path Upgrades:
Spikey Barrels: Tapping A will now throw spikey barrels! Also, Super Donkey Kong mode will use spiked barrels to attack enemies!
Barrel Rolled: Hold Y to enter Super Donkey Kong mode. Press A while in Super Donkey Kong mode to roll over nearby enemies in a huge spiked barrel.
Healthy Kong: Regenerate health while in Super Donkey Kong mode.

Donkey Kong Soul Gem Upgrade:
Diddy You Call?: Tap X to build up a power meter, when filled you will call in Diddy Kong to fly around on his jetpack and attack nearby enemies!

-----

Bowser Starter Upgrades:
Hammer Slam: Press Y to swing your Hammer and attack nearby enemies.
Koopa Troopa!: Press A to call in a Koopa. Jump on Koopas to send them spinning around the level!

Bowser Basic Upgrades:
Molten Bowser: Press X to become a firey Bowser! Press Y to swipe at enemies with fiery claws or press A to breathe out fire!
Shell Smash: Press Y to hit a nearby spinning Koopa, casuing them to spin around faster and do more damage.
Red Koopa: Press A to spawn a Red Koopa. Red Koopas hone in on enemies while in their shell.
Royal Authority: Press A to spawn a koopa, this will also cause nearby koopas to stop spinning.

Bowser Top Path Upgrades:

Warp Pipe: Hold A to summon a Warp Pipe which spawns koopas.
Koopa Paratroopa: Press A to summon a Koopa Paratroopa. Flying AND honing!
Super Koopa Spin: Press Y to make nearby spinning Koopas spin even faster. You can now spin up Koopas even more doing more damage to enemies!

Bowser Bottom Path Upgrades:
Molten Hammer: Press Y three times to do a massive lava slam attack.
Bowser Bomb: Press X to enter Molten Bowser mode causing an explosion and massive damage to enemies around you.
Infinite Fire: Hold A while in Molten Bowser mode to deliver a continuous stream of fire.

Bowser Soul Gem Upgrade:
Molten Bones: Press X to turn into Molten Bowser. Turning into Molten Bowser transforms all active Koopas into Molten Bones which do more damage to enemies!

Do you know the names of the DK paths? I keep record of it, but accidentally chose DK's bottom path before looking at the name of it
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
Quid Yellow Sparx Gems: 1577
#56 Posted: 21:12:59 27/09/2015
Quote: alegeobla

Do you know the names of the DK paths? I keep record of it, but accidentally chose DK's bottom path before looking at the name of it

I haven't picked a path for DK yet, but I'll try to remember to record the path names when I get there : )
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#57 Posted: 21:35:48 27/09/2015
I just played with Smash Hit and he's such an amazing and unique character! I went with the top path, as the bottom one just gives you one critical hit with the chain and throwing enemies around (don't know if it does any damage). While the top path improves his armor for some seconds, gives him a charging attack for his boulder smash, which doesn't just give you one hit that's twice as strong, but also a small amount of damage while charging it up and throwing your rock at enemies which does a good amount of damage.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#58 Posted: 22:02:22 27/09/2015
How does Smash Hit's fighting with the chain work? Is it a timed thing like splitting up Eye Brawl or are you able to switch between modes indefinitely like Gear Shift?
---
Boop me if you see this.
#59 Posted: 22:16:12 27/09/2015
Quote: Muffin Man
How does Smash Hit's fighting with the chain work? Is it a timed thing like splitting up Eye Brawl or are you able to switch between modes indefinitely like Gear Shift?

It's like Eye-Brawl. You leave your boulder (which spins and does extremely low damage) behind and run around hitting enemies with your chain. It last at least good 8 seconds.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:16:33 27/09/2015 by Deja Vu
Fryno Forever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1071
#60 Posted: 01:31:05 28/09/2015
Can someone post Thrillipedes upgrades please?
---
Back and Better Than Ever!
Dre89 Red Sparx Gems: 92
#61 Posted: 07:05:54 28/09/2015
Quote: TrapShadowFan
What are you guys' recommended paths for Turbo Charge DK and Shark Shooter Terrafin? I can't decide at ALL on these ones.

I went TNT path for DK but spike path is probably better. TNT path is more technical but also feels clunkier because you've invested in the barrel cannon move. It's his strongest move but has start-up. The passive healing when you're super DK would be invaluable for nightmare runs, so spike path is probably better.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:16:34 28/09/2015 by Dre89
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#62 Posted: 10:54:40 28/09/2015
Quote: Fryno Forever
Can someone post Thrillipedes upgrades please?

You can find them in this forum:

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...c=122242&page=1

I'll post them anyway:

THRILLIPEDE: (Thanks to fun mom for her help)

Basic Attacks:
Bug Bomb: Attack 1 throws cocoon grenades at your enemies slowing them down in a cloud of bugs.
Bug Brawl: Attack 2 uses arms to punch nearby enemies

Initial Upgrades:
Cocooned: Hold Attack 3 to wrap yourself in a cocoon, protecting yourself from damage. When you release you explode out and damage nearby enemies.
Bug N' Cover: Press Attack 1 to throw a grenade into a swarm of dragonflies which slows enemy movement.
Mind Your Beeswax: Hold Attack 2 to prepare 4 sticky grenades that you can place as a trap in the ground or directly onto an enemy.
Cocooties: Hold Attack 3 to wrap yourself in a cocoon protecting yourself from damage, release to explode out which damages and slow nearby enemies.

Mighty Morphsis Path:

1st upgrade: 'Better Fly" and involves holding attack 3 to wrap yourself in a cocoon to protect yourself from damage, release to explode out and grow wings. While flying hold attack one to bombard enemies with Bug Bombs.
2nd upgrade path: "Bugging Out" and increases damage of all thrown grenade projectiles.
3rd upgrade:"Tick It To 'Em" and pressing attack 2 while jumping will toss sticky grenades below you.

VS "Insistent Insect" Path

1st upgrade: "Gnawing Gnats": bug bombs can now cause a swarm of tiny insects to appear and do damage over time. hitting targets again with Bug Bomb will remove the swarm and cause extra damage.
2nd upgrade: "Nesting Gnats":The damage over time by the swarming insects can stack up to 5 times, doubling it's damage.
3rd upgrade: "Insect Epidemic": Targets affected by the damage over time from the swarm explode spreading the swarm to nearby enemies.

Soul Gem Ability- When sticky Grenades blow up, they will release butterflies that heal you when caught. Each butterfly restores 10% of max health.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#63 Posted: 18:26:37 28/09/2015
Quote: Deja Vu
I just played with Smash Hit and he's such an amazing and unique character! I went with the top path, as the bottom one just gives you one critical hit with the chain and throwing enemies around (don't know if it does any damage). While the top path improves his armor for some seconds, gives him a charging attack for his boulder smash, which doesn't just give you one hit that's twice as strong, but also a small amount of damage while charging it up and throwing your rock at enemies which does a good amount of damage.

Oh phew looks like that was the right path to go with. Besides now his wrecking ball now becomes a projectile by throwing it at enemies then resume with the chain as a weapon. I knew that was the right path for him.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spitfirefox Green Sparx Gems: 326
#64 Posted: 21:15:04 28/09/2015
I tried both of Gill Grunt's upgrades and prefer the top path, which makes his water attacks stronger. Mostly it's because I like the animations with the water path better, but he does get area-of-effect damage when you enter OR exit jetpack mode (lightning path is just entering) and his wave upgrade hits more enemies. Plus his final upgrade lets you surf around as long as you like.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#65 Posted: 21:27:14 28/09/2015
Wait, is Thrillipede's upper path a Power Rangers joke
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#66 Posted: 22:02:47 28/09/2015
I like the mighty morphosis path...a lot.
---
spitfirefox Green Sparx Gems: 326
#67 Posted: 23:16:22 28/09/2015
Hurricane Jet-Vac upgrades:

Starter moves:
Shooting the Breeze - shoot a blade disc that bounces off enemies.
Jet Turbine Vacuum - suck in an enemy, press the button again to launch him.

Main upgrades:
Somer-Assault - dash forward and roundhouse kick anyone in front of you. Enemies behind you are also damaged.
Better Blade Bounces - blades bounce more times.
Hurricane Hurrah - charge up a hurricane, then release it to damage enemies in its path.
Make Them Sore - Somer-Assault attacks do more damage.

Top Path (improve hurricane):
Category Pain - shoot blades into a hurricane for extra damage.
Hurricano - hurricanes now explode when they expire, dealing damage to enemies in and around it.
Splitting Air - shoot a bouncing blade while holding an enemy with your vacuum.

Bottom Path (improve Somer-Assault):
Turbulent Turbine - enemies behind you take more damage when you Somer-Assault.
Talon Take Off - enemies kicked by Somer-Assault are knocked back further and take more damage.
Double Flip - tap button twice to travel further with Somer-Assault. Tap again to repeat.

Soul Gem:
Having a Blast - Vacuumed enemies will bounce and hit other enemies when you launch them. If they have low health they will be launched with great force.

I tried the top path and am not sure about it yet. The hurricane kind of goes off in one direction until it hits a wall, and it doesn't seem to do much damage on its own. Maybe I need to learn how to aim it better. But if it has blades in it, it does a lot of damage, and the explosion hits a pretty large area. It looks cool and disrupts smaller foes, but I'd like to hear if anyone liked the bottom path.

I noticed Jet-Vac can bounce projectiles while he's hovering in the air, charging the hurricane.
#68 Posted: 23:19:16 28/09/2015
Can someone post Splat's upgrades?
---
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#69 Posted: 02:40:01 29/09/2015
Quote: angelg

Indeed the Mighty Morphosis path sounds better. His base upgrades seem to make his abilities already good as is and his cocoon needs more powers. Also it looks so cool when he grows wings and those butterflies look helpful.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#70 Posted: 02:50:49 29/09/2015
So, is Thrillipede's Soul Gem a reference to classic Spyro?
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#71 Posted: 09:49:34 29/09/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster617
Quote: angelg

Indeed the Mighty Morphosis path sounds better. His base upgrades seem to make his abilities already good as is and his cocoon needs more powers. Also it looks so cool when he grows wings and those butterflies look helpful.

Yeah, the growing wings skill sounds amazing, this is the main reason why I will get him. Let's see if his flight is time limited.
---
#72 Posted: 12:30:15 29/09/2015 | Topic Creator
All path's name:

Spitfire
Top: Speed Demon
Bottom: Fusion

Stormblade
Top: Wind Warrior
Bottom: Blade Dancer

Fiesta
Top: What Amigos Are For.
Bottom: Super Star!

Dive Clops
Top: Tidal Torpedoes
Bottom: Dousing Dowser

Deep Dive Gill Grunt
Top: Torrent Tamer
Bottom: Storm Summoner

Super Shot Stealth Elf
Top: Heavy Gunner
Bottom: Stealth Saboteur

Shark Shooter Terrafin
Top: Shark Team Squadron
Bottom: All Terrain Trooper

Hurricane Jet-Vac
Top: Blade-Vac
Bottom: Hurricane Hawk
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:31:22 29/09/2015 by Buuzer
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#73 Posted: 01:12:29 30/09/2015
Well, I have the guide and plenty of free time, so if it's okay to do, I'll post some of the upgrades & paths that haven't been mentioned yet later. Is that okay to do? Thrillipede's upgrades were posted earlier, so I wouldn't see why not, but I just want to make sure.

Thinking of doing Nightfall, Lava Lance Eruptor, and Bone Bash Roller Brawl first if it's okay.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#74 Posted: 08:56:22 30/09/2015
Feel free to, just edit over double posting until the post reaches text limit,to save space. Especially Nightfall ºwº
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#75 Posted: 09:11:01 30/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spellslamzer75
Well, I have the guide and plenty of free time, so if it's okay to do, I'll post some of the upgrades & paths that haven't been mentioned yet later. Is that okay to do? Thrillipede's upgrades were posted earlier, so I wouldn't see why not, but I just want to make sure.

Thinking of doing Nightfall, Lava Lance Eruptor, and Bone Bash Roller Brawl first if it's okay.

You can post them smilie BTW Added videos about path at first post.
---
#76 Posted: 09:41:57 30/09/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Feel free to, just edit over double posting until the post reaches text limit,to save space. Especially Nightfall ºwº

Quote: Buuzer

You can post them smilie BTW Added videos about path at first post.

Okay, thanks.

smilie Nightfall smilie

Attack 1: Handy Hooks - Press Attack 1 to perform a flurry of right and left hooks.
Attack 2: Ambrush - Press Attack 2 to dash forward or behind enemies.

Basic Upgrades:

Whip Lash - Press Attack 3 to unleash a strand of dark energy that whips enemies and knocks them into the air. Using Whip Lash in the air knocks enemies down.

Split Hook Ends - New hooks cause melee attacks to do more damage.

Hair Today, Gone Now - Damage enemies at the start of Ambrush and move faster during it.

Layered Lunge - The first hook melee attack after an Ambrush is guaranteed to critically strike.

Master Angler Path:

Splitting Hairs - Hold Attack 1 and release to unleash a devastating combo of hook and dark energy attacks.

Comb-o - Every fourth attack in the basic melee combo does more damage.

Playing Hooky - Press Attack 1 during Ambrush to deal more damage in a larger area on exit.

Dread Head Path:

Ambrush Rush - Hold Attack 2 to Ambrush and shoot strands of dark energy towards enemies.

Up-Sweep - Knock enemies into the air at the end of Ambrush.

Vast Volume - Press Attack 3 to send three strands of dark energy out to knock more enemies into the air during Whip Lash.

Soul Gem: Bad Hair Day - Tap Attack 3 repeatedly to knock all enemies into the air in an area. Continue tapping Attack 3 to increase the area and knock all enemies down to the ground.
---
#77 Posted: 10:02:32 30/09/2015

That would be great, thanks!If you also had the time to post some pictures, it would be greatsmilie
---
#78 Posted: 10:25:26 30/09/2015
OMG THOSE NAMES FOR NIGHTFALL'S ATTACKS :3
---
Hawksey128 Blue Sparx Gems: 994
#79 Posted: 12:15:25 30/09/2015
Quote: juarmo
Quote: Drawdler
^ That. Though there's a rumour that according to the guide, you can free,y switch paths on EVERYONE after reaching the max Portal Master Rank.

I can confirm that the rumor is false... You DO get to switch paths freely ON every character, however, it is unlocked on the SECOND highest Portal Master Rank, not the max one...

Hi Mr Exact smilie

Ok so I haven't watched the Stormblade one, but the path for her blades, all the way!
---
I'm going to tell you right now.
BUY smilie
EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH THIS IS A POINTLESS EDITION TO A SIGNATURE I DUNNO
#80 Posted: 17:44:51 30/09/2015
Oh man, I was just thinking that "Hair Today,Gone Tomorrow"(King's Quest if you don't get the reference) would've been a better catchphrase for her. Thank you so much,Spellslamzer75!
She seems pretty melee-oriented,but if past games have been any indication, air launches mean any non-heavy enemy won't ever react. Definately going for that one when I get her.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:24:54 30/09/2015 by Bifrost
#81 Posted: 18:21:32 30/09/2015
Not sure what Path to go with Nightfall...
---
#82 Posted: 19:15:14 30/09/2015
Oh man, I was just thinking that "Hair Today,Gone Tomorrow"(King's Quest if you don't get the reference) would've been a better catchphrase for her. Thank you so much,Spellslamzer75!
She seems pretty melee-oriented,but if past games have been any indication, air launches mean any non-heavy enemy won't ever react. Definately going for that one when I get her.

No problem. smilie

smilie Lava Lance Eruptor smilie

Attack 1: Lava Lancing - Rapidly press Attack 1 to unleash a series of lance attacks.
Attack 2: Lance Legwork - Press Attack 2 to spring forward with your lance out to damage enemies along the way.

Basic Upgrades:

Hot Spot - Press Attack 3 to spit a magma ball into the ground that burrows towards your enemies. It will create an active volcano that shoots fiery projectiles at nearby enemies.

Lava Joust - Hold Attack 2 to dash for a longer amount of time, damaging enemies along your way.

Lance Advanced - Upgrade your Lance with metal and do more damage.

Lance Cannon - Hold Attack 1 to charge up and throw a super lance that explodes on contact.

Eruption Ruffian Path:

Hot Feat - Gain an uppercut explosion at the end of dash attacks.

Volcanic Rain - Using Hot Feat causes all active volcanoes to erupt, damaging and knocking nearby enemies up into the air.

Third Volcano's the Charm - Hold Attack 3 and release to shoot out three magma balls that create three active volcanoes.

Volcano Vaulter Path:

Volatile Volcanoes - Dashing over active volcanoes will boost you forward causing extra damage and extending the dash and active volcano's time.

Eruption Conduction - While dashing, your Lance grows extra spikes. Press Attack 3 to shoot the spikes off your Lance causing them to form a volcano where they land.

Cannon Stop Me Now - Your Lance will now regrow spikes over time allowing you to create volcanoes to boost over forever!

Soul Gem: Magma Chamber - Press Attack 3 while in the air to cannon ball into the ground creating a lava fountain. Rapidly tap Attack 3 to stay on top of the fountain shooting hot magma all around you.
---
#83 Posted: 19:52:32 30/09/2015
Wow! These are OP!
---
#84 Posted: 21:11:14 30/09/2015
Oh man, I was just thinking that "Hair Today,Gone Tomorrow"(King's Quest if you don't get the reference)

Actually the name of that game, Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow, is based on the phrase "Hair today, gone tomorrow". It's a metaphor for growing up and how fleeting life is.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#85 Posted: 21:20:20 30/09/2015
It is? I am REALLY not familiar with english pronouns, the game's title was seriously the only source I'd find when I looked this up the other day.
---
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#86 Posted: 06:49:16 01/10/2015
Quote: Bionichute
Oh man, I was just thinking that "Hair Today,Gone Tomorrow"(King's Quest if you don't get the reference)

Actually the name of that game, Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow, is based on the phrase "Hair today, gone tomorrow". It's a metaphor for growing up and how fleeting life is.

As an American, I'm pretty sure the expression is "HERE today, gone tommorrow"...
It's not a [balding] metaphor so much as an expression...
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
#87 Posted: 07:02:47 01/10/2015
Quote: eddiej27
Which path is recommended for DK?

I've only played TNT path but I'm pretty sure spike path is better. Even without the spike upgrade, super DK's regular attacks and X attack which makes stuff fall from the sky do more damage than any TNT attack except for the barrel cannon one. Ontop of this he gets healing in super DK mode which I imagine would be invaluable for nightmare runs.
Quid Yellow Sparx Gems: 1577
#88 Posted: 09:38:16 01/10/2015
Quote: juarmo
Quote: Bionichute

As an American, I'm pretty sure the expression is "HERE today, gone tommorrow"...
It's not a [balding] metaphor so much as an expression...

You're right about it being 'Here' not 'Hair'.
eddiej27 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1028
#89 Posted: 12:21:24 01/10/2015
Which path is recommended for DK?
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#90 Posted: 19:15:01 01/10/2015
I'll post advice for the four superchargers I'm furthest along with:

Stormblade:

Your paths for Stormblade are Wind Warrior, which is a path that is about charging and slowing enemies or Blade Dancer, which is about projectiles and they make combat into a game of keep away. Stormblade also gets the ability to defeat projectiles with her charge (Attack 2) and spinning ascension where she throws blades in an 'X' shape (Attack 3) on Wind Warrior. On Blade Dancer, her blades become sais and do 3 more damage per thrown sai and you can jam on Attack 3 to cause a hurricane that deals damage to foes and knocks them away.

Both paths are good for certain kinds of players depending on whether you prefer charging or range, but if I have to suggest one, I'd say Wind Warrior. Stormblade's charge is a valuable resource that is fun to abuse, particularly with its pass through properties.

Series 5 Gill Grunt:

Your paths for a Series 5 Gill Grunt are Torrent Tamer, which is a path about defense, disrupting foes or interruption and Storm Summoner, which (by the time you've gotten all upgrades) makes basically all of Gill Grunt's attacks stronger. On Storm Summoner, Gill Grunt's trident thrust (HOLD Attack 1) becomes electrically charged and he gains the ability to cause a discharge of electricity when he enters (but not exits) flight mode that has huge range. So who cares about making everything electric, you may ask? Well his last upgrade makes all electric attacks do more damage. This makes his press Attack 2, HOLD Attack 1, flight discharge and soul gem upgrades all do more damage, and that's quite a promising prospect. However, I encourage you not be so dismissive of Torrent Tamer. The wave jumper upgrade on that path makes Gill Grunt perform a giant jump every time he enters or leaves flight mode, one that gets about 1-and-a-half times the height of a normal jump, as well as dealing damage to foes in pointblank range. He will then land and either start or stop flying. He also gets a continuous charge attack and fires 3 waves instead of one when you press Attack 1 in flight. This makes Gill Grunt much more focused on flight. You can easily jump over almost any attack and then land and start using his whirlpool attack, or whatever have you, and it's easier to take enemies down with his whirlpool when the 3 waves start things off much better than 1 wave.

You should choose whatever path suits you. Again, if I have to say one, I'd recommend Storm Summoner.

Series 4 Terrafin:

Your paths for a Series 4 Terrafin are Shark Team Squadron, which helps projectiles and with the shark ally when earth swimming or All Terrain Trooper, which helps exclusively with earth swimming. Shark Team Squadron is a path with all new powers, including making the rockets that come up from the ground and come back down do more damage and a charged mortar attack. The mortar itself does moderate damage, but then a sand whirlpool does nominal damage where the mortar hit and then a giant, whale of a shark will come up from underground and bite anything unfortunate enough to be caught above it. On All Terrain Trooper, you basically are reclaiming upgrades Terrafin already had as a Series 1--3 Skylander. You get the upgrade that says 'Terrafin swims faster underground and his dorsal fin does damage' back, along with his body slam when you press Attack 1 after earth swimming.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I recommend you choose All Terrain Trooper. It's ironic, because I thought that the new upgrades on Shark Team Squadron would make Terrafin stand out and basically be an 'out with the old, in with the new' kind of thing, but the inability to move while Terrafin is charging his mortar attack is a massive kick in the teeth and the rockets just didn't do enough damage and I found myself rarely holding down Attack 3 anyway. Meanwhile, the ability to have the body slam damage and knock back foes on all sides of Terrafin was... well, not really a big advantage, but still helpful all the same and you will be using Earth Swim a lot in tougher levels.

Spitfire:

Your paths for Spitfire are Speed Demon, which gives him new charging attacks or Fusion, which enhances his fiery tornadoes and fiery punches. Speed Demon gives you a new so-called 'around the world' charge where Spitfire will charge his flames until they turn purple, then when you release Attack 2, he'll go into high gear and zoom forward offscreen, and then come back from the opposite side and stop where he started. This is tough to describe, so here's an example: Let's say Spitfire is standing horizontally and facing the right side of the screen. When fully charged, he'll zoom to the right, go offscreen and then come zooming in from the left and stop where he was at. Another upgrade states that you can do an around the world charge up two twice more if you want after completing the first one. The charge is powerful too, doing 60 damage per hit and launching foes if able. Fusion, on the other hand, makes his fiery punches stronger and allows him to have two fiery tornadoes out at once (But you only make one at a time)! He also gets an armor upgrade.

Initially, I was very dismissive about Speed Demon. I even denounced it as a path that was only good for juggling enemies and I actually liked his regular charge more, since it worked in a greater area as opposed to a straight line. However, now I'd say both are feasible. They both do lots of damage and have their advantages and disadvantages. If I had to say one, I'd say Fusion, but make sure to pick whichever one suits your play style.
#91 Posted: 19:44:17 01/10/2015
smilie Bone Bash Roller Brawl smilie

Attack 1: Derby Duke - Press Attack 1 to slash nearby enemies with your Fang Blades.
Attack 2: Fangerang - Press Attack 2 to extend your Fang Blades and throw them out at enemies. Press Attack 1 while the Fang Blades are out to attack with your fists!

Basic Upgrades:

Love Bites - Press Attack 2 while Fangerangs are thrown to blow a fangy Vampire Kiss at enemies. Enemies hit by the kiss will be weakened and have some of their health drained.

Skaters Gonna Skate - Press Attack 3 to skate faster and extend your Fang Blades while doing so which damages enemies that get in your way!

Derby Damage - Derby Duke attacks now do more damage. All is fair in Derby!

Crossover Technique - Fangerangs seek out other targets after the first before returning.

Brawler Derby Path:

Jam-Time - Hold Attack 3 while skating to launch yourself like a missile, damaging any enemy in the way.

Serious Substitution - Fang Blades become more powerful and will do more damage to enemies.

Always Wear a Helmet - Hold Attack 1 to do an explosive headbutt. That's using your head!

Waller Derby Path:

Eat Pavement - Hold Attack 3 to tear up the pavement and damage all enemies in front of you.

Blocker Boutfit - Your Armor bulks up and reduces enemy damage.

Contagious Kiss - When Love Bites connects, it will explode in smaller Vampire Kisses that can bite, weaken, and drain surrounding enemies.

Soul Gem: Brawling Bout! - Roller Brawl's rage grows over time. When she is at maximum rage, hold Attack 2 to unleash her fury on nearby enemies.
---
#92 Posted: 20:03:56 01/10/2015
Finally,she actually does vampire things. The Vampire Kiss mechanic finally gives her actual Undead stuff to work with.
---
#93 Posted: 21:29:51 01/10/2015
OMG! HER ATTACKS ARE SO LOVE RELATED :3

And YESS! She does throw her Fang Blades!

Skaters gonna Skate. I love that reference smilie
---
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#94 Posted: 04:32:47 02/10/2015
Love Roller Browl's kiss and soul gem attacks.
P.S how come the guidebook lists the reimagined characters as Series 4/5?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:59:47 02/10/2015 by Skylander3112
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#95 Posted: 05:03:47 02/10/2015
Sounds like "Blocker Boutfit" gives her an appearance change. I wonder what it looks like?
---
Boop me if you see this.
#96 Posted: 11:36:06 02/10/2015
Pretty sure koopa path is better for Bowser, unless the lava slam attack happens to have absolutely massive damage on it. The continuous fire stream ability is redundant because you can just spam fire anyway, and you'd be wasting his other two upgrade path abilities by staying in magma form.

Koopa path has massive DPS and makes use of both forms. Pipe is kind of redundant though because it only takes about a second longer to spawn 3 koopas by spamming the button, but overall you get more out of the koopa path than out of the fire path.
#97 Posted: 11:53:16 02/10/2015
Skaters gonna skate smilie
And the kiss attack gives Roller Brawl the sass!
#98 Posted: 12:56:25 02/10/2015
Quote: Drawdler
Quote: Dre89
Pretty sure koopa path is better for Bowser, unless the lava slam attack happens to have absolutely massive damage on it. The continuous fire stream ability is redundant because you can just spam fire anyway, and you'd be wasting his other two upgrade path abilities by staying in magma form.

Koopa path has massive DPS and makes use of both forms. Pipe is kind of redundant though because it only takes about a second longer to spawn 3 koopas by spamming the button, but overall you get more out of the koopa path than out of the fire path.

Did you try both paths yourself? I'm gonna try both (yay path switching), and I thought the Koopa path would be better for the reasons you listed, but I haven't finished upgrading him down either of them yet.

I haven't tried fire path, but I've labbed koopa path a lot and molten hammer and bowser bomb would have to have massive numbers to outdo koopa path. They'd have to do like 300 damage each to be worth it, which I doubt they do because DK's barrel cannon does around 200 and has much more start-up time.

The koopas do around 2-3 times more damage than they do with fire path (because of paratroopa upgrade, and super koopa spin which makes them attack roughly twice as fast). The problem with fire path is that puts power into both regular and magma form, which means whenever you're in one form, you're not using the power in the other, so you're wasting a lot of the DPS you've invested in.

Koopa path has much higher damage because you can maximise the use of both forms. You spawn koopas with the pipe, then whack them all in one- go, then whack them all again to get the DPS increase. You then switch to Magma to turn them into molten bones for the second DPS boost. At this point they collectively do roughly 200 damage a second not factoring in crits. Koopas last ten seconds before they despawn, but if you hit them again the timer resets. You can keep hitting them to keep them DPSing indefinitely. Once you've hit them a second time to get the DPS boost, you can go Magma to turn them molten if they're not molten already, but you also have roughly 8-9 seconds to DPS in that form (Magma does more damage then regular Bowser's hammer) before going back to the regular Bowser to reset the koopa timers by hitting them again.

Not factoring in crits, koopa path Bowser puts out hundreds of AoE damage per second, and it's ranged too (fire spam is semi-ranged). So yeah, I'm pretty sure fire path won't have the numbers to top that. Because even it did have massive numbers, you'd need to constantly switch between forms to optimise them, which just isn't practical.
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me