darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > [OFFICIAL TOPIC] Upgrade Path Recommendations!
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
[OFFICIAL TOPIC] Upgrade Path Recommendations! [STICKY]
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#101 Posted: 17:49:53 04/10/2015
Quote: henryszuch
Anyone have DD Trigger Happy, BB Pop Fizz, or Splat's upgrades? They're the only ones we haven't seen on here, I think.

Because they haven't been released yet.....unless someone that has the book post them for you.(....and i don't have the book...waiting for the Master Eon's book...*hoping they make one*)
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#102 Posted: 18:39:55 04/10/2015
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
Anyone have DD Trigger Happy, BB Pop Fizz, or Splat's upgrades? They're the only ones we haven't seen on here, I think.

Because they haven't been released yet.....unless someone that has the book post them for you.(....and i don't have the book...waiting for the Master Eon's book...*hoping they make one*)

Speak of the spell punk (get it? smilie)...

smilie Double Dare Trigger Happy smilie

Attack 1: Fire Cracker - Press Attack 1 rapidly to shoot your Fire Cracker.
Attack 2: Crowd-Pleaser - Press Attack 2 to shoot off pyrotechnics and damage enemies around you.

Basic Upgrades:

Breaking Cannon - Press Attack 3 to shoot yourself out of a Cannon! Enemies in the way will be damaged by the force of impact.

Hoop N' Holler - Hold Attack 1 to charge up and shoot out a fire hoop. Jumping or shooting yourself through it causes it to explode!

Just Warming Up - Ignite your weapons, making them cause more damage to enemies.

Can On and On - Press Attack 3 to shoot yourself out of a Cannon over a greater distance! Enemies in the way will be damaged by the force of impact.

Spontaneous Performer Path:

Hot Feet Hoop - Hold Attack 1 to charge up and shoot out a fire hoop. Jumping or shooting yourself through it causes it to explode and will cause you to gain increased movement speed.

Acrobatic - Hold Attack 1 while jumping to charge up your fire ring and jump through it.

Fire And Forget - When you charge up your cannon, you'll shoot out a fire ring in front of you to burst through immediately.

Made for the Spotlight Path:

Cannon Crash - Press Attack 2 while charging your cannon to shoot up into the air and do a large amount of damage to nearby enemies when landing.

Pay Day! - Press Attack 2 to damage enemies around you and pull in coins and food drops.

Making It Rain - Hold Attack 1 while jumping to unleash a gun barrage on your enemies below!

Soul Gem: He's Safe! - Once, revive after being defeated and jump out of a huge safe!
---
Strength, courage, and evil
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#103 Posted: 18:56:02 04/10/2015
So... What's Tech aside from his soul gem? This looks more like Fire Skylander's moveset.

Either way,he seems to be a Shroomboom with a riskier and closer range moveset.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#104 Posted: 23:18:06 04/10/2015

I don't think we have seen upgrades for Fiesta, Smash Hit, Dive-Clops, High Volt, and Astroblast on this particular thread either. I know that Astroblast and Smash Hit have their upgrades posted elsewhere, but I'll post them here so we can see them until dark52 can put them up.
FYI, credit to Luminous35 for posting these in the first place.

Astroblast

Attack 1 Solar Flair: Press attack 1 to fire condensed sunlight which bounces off walls
Attack 2 Asteroid Belt: Press attack 2 to lob a prismatic space rock. Press attack 1 to shoot the prism, creating an area of lasers that damage enemies in the area

Basic Upgrades

Upgrade 1 Starsault: Press attack 3 to kick close enemies and knock them away.
Upgrade 2 Solar Field: Fast moving light particles around you protect your suit improving your armor. Additionally, Life Skylanders near you regenerate health.
Upgrade 3 Solar Powered: Hold attack 1 to charge up the Solar Flair with the light of hotter and hotter suns. Release to shoot a high powered laser at enemies
Upgrade 4 Space Rocks!: Hold attack 3 to bring down an explosive space rock.

Top Path

Upgrade 1 Surface of the Sun: Your Solar Field heats up and does damage to enemies that get to close.
Upgrade 2 Meatier Meteors: Hold attack 3 down longer to bring down a bigger (more explosive) space rock.
Upgrade 3 Star Light, Star Bright: Rapidly press attack 1 to fire Solar Flairs at it's currently charged level. The charge will slowly diminish over time.

Bottom Path

Upgrade 1 Meteor Shower: Hold attack 3 and release to lob multiple space rocks
Upgrade 2 Full Spectrum: When you shoot a space rock, the dust will last longer.
Upgrade 3 Supernova: Once, before you loose your last hit point, you will go supernova and gain half health

Soul Gem Wool Encounters: Hold attack 3 to bring down a space rock inhabited by a creature with it's own laser gun to Blaaaaaaast.

Smash Hit

Attack 1 Demolisher: Press attack 1 repeatedly to swing the boulder around in a circle
Attack 2 Crushinator: Press attack 2 to smash the boulder on the ground in front of you

Basic Upgrades

Upgrade 1 Connect and Disconnect: Press attack 3 to disconnect the boulder and gain unique chain attacks. Press attack 3 again to connect
Upgrade 2 Junkyard Dog: Boulder attacks deal more damage. Rock on!
Upgrade 3 Spikey Spinner: Hold attack 3 for a short time to charge up the boulder and send it spinning at enemies.
Upgrade 4 Junker: Chain attacks deal more damage. Chain time!

Top Path: Boulder, Boulder!

Upgrade 1 Heap: Hold attack 2 for a short amount of time to charge your boulder. The next attack with the boulder will deal massive damage!
Upgrade 2 Better Together: Gain a large armor increase when connecting. Press attack 3 to Disconnect the boulder. Press attack 3 again to Connect.
Upgrade 3 Catch!: Hold attack 1 while Connected to throw your boulder at enemies!

Bottom Path: Chain Champ

Upgrade 1 G'day!: Hold attack 1 while Disconnected to pull yourself to enemies.
Upgrade 2 Cut Loose: The next attack will be a critical hit when Disconnecting. Press attack 3 to Disconnect the boulder. Press attack 3 again to Connect.
Upgrade 3 Earth Currents: Press attack 2 while Disconnected to pull enemies into the spinning boulder.

Soul Gem Down, Under Hold attack 3 when connecting to the boulder to create a huge explosion underneath you!
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#105 Posted: 23:20:48 04/10/2015
Thanks for the Credit smilie
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#106 Posted: 23:25:33 04/10/2015
You're welcome. smilie
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#107 Posted: 23:37:22 04/10/2015
By the way, Astroblast's path names are Cosmic Technology (top path) and Nova Hopper (bottom path).

Speaking of Astroblast, I recently got smilie and I have to say, the Cosmic Technology path is really good. While the ability to revive once with the Nova Hopper path is nice, the damage he can do with Cosmic Technology is amazing. In addition to firing multiple charged Solar Flairs in a row, he also fires them much faster after getting the Star Light, Star Bright upgrade.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:20:57 06/10/2015 by Spellslamzer75
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#108 Posted: 07:26:39 06/10/2015
Does Astroblast have any appearance changes?

Quote: Bifrost
So... What's Tech aside from his soul gem? This looks more like Fire Skylander's moveset.

Yeah, I feel like they just sort of stuck with Tech because he was originally Tech. Yet Terrafin is more Tech related than Trigger Happy is, now.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:32:56 06/10/2015 by Muffin Man
#109 Posted: 10:38:07 06/10/2015
@Spellslamzer

I thought the bottom path would be good as he revives himself...
Since I am getting both, I'm going with the Top Path for L-Astroblast and the Bottom Path for Astroblast. Because I think I would use regular Astroblast more then L-Astroblast
---
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#110 Posted: 02:31:42 09/10/2015
I have some new ones to review, this time it's Dive-Clops and Fiesta.

Dive-Clops:

Dive-Clop's paths are Tidal Torpedoes, which enhances his torpedo projectiles (Attack1) and the mines they leave behind and Dousing Dowser, which enhances his sonar (Attack 2)and geyser (Attack 3) attacks. On Tidal Torpedoes, you get an upgrade that slows enemies that are near any mines (if my memory serves), an upgrade that ups the damage output of his mines and torpedoes, and an upgrade that makes every other torpedo do more damage. On Dousing Dowser, you get an upgrade that states after using sonar, enemies take more damage from torpedoes, an upgrade that punishes enemies for attacking Dive-Clops by damaging them (but only in close range) and an upgrade that states that geyser attacks are powered up.

It was a tough call, but I'd suggest Dousing Dowser. After all, on Tidal Torpedoes, every other torpedo does 33 damage (again, if my memory serves), but on Dousing Dowser, you can have every torpedo do that much damage for quite some time just by using his sonar attack first. The slow down property of the mines on Tidal Torpedoes just didn't work for me, either.

Fiesta:

Fiesta's two paths are What Amigos Are For, which exclusively upgrades his little blue "amigo" drones (Attack 2) and Super Star!, which basically just makes his trumpet attack (Attack 1) and musical notes (press Attack 1 after initiating the trumpet attack) penetrate enemies (by which I mean pass through them) and allow Fiesta to blow up his amigos by using (Attack 3).

I'd say that What Amigos Are For is the better path by far. Fiesta was driving me nuts with his low damage output on Super Star! and the penetration didn't make up for his weak attacks. Meanwhile, on What Amigos Are For, Fiesta's amigos were doing much more damage, almost enough to the point where I'd call them strong, and Fiesta's hands-off style of letting his amigos do most of the fighting for him is definitely a good style to focus on. In all honesty, however, I'd suggest that you simply get a different Skylander. I'm not saying that Fiesta is useless, but at the same time, damage output is a problem for Fiesta, and there are better 'assistant-focused' Skylanders out there.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#111 Posted: 08:19:04 10/10/2015
I think DKs super kong path is the best. Who agrees with me?
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Fizzle Blue Sparx Gems: 854
#112 Posted: 14:17:24 10/10/2015
Anybody have Splat or High Volts upgrades?
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#113 Posted: 14:28:08 10/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Fizzle
Anybody have Splat or High Volts upgrades?

You can find guide path in the first post. About Splat wait someone that have the guide.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#114 Posted: 23:49:44 10/10/2015
I just noticed someone about DD Triggs. Hes actually similar to Astroblast with his soul gem (Astroblast has it on a path) It more helpful when its a Soul Gem IMO.
---
#115 Posted: 03:44:15 16/10/2015
Quote: Snap Shot
I think DKs super kong path is the best. Who agrees with me?

I do. I feel like it completely outclasses the other path. See next review for details:

Donkey Kong:

If you're a Nintendo-console player, your choices with Donkey Kong are Powder Keg Power, which gives Donkey Kong exploding barrels, and Pointy Preparations, which upgrades the super kong mode and gives him both spiky thrown barrels (Attack 2) and spiky barrels when he uses his barrel roll (HOLD Attack 2 in super kong mode). By the time you will have purchased everything on Powder Keg Power, you'll be seeing a lot of explosions. Donkey Kong's barrels explode when you do the overhead throw, they explode when you use his barrel cannon(HOLD Attack 2), they even explode when you use his barrel as a bongo (Rapidly press Attack 3). These help with crowd control to a limited extent. On Pointy Preparations though, Donkey Kong gets more powerful melee (Attack 1) and thrown barrel attacks, a better barrel roll and he even regenerates (a lot of) health when he's in super kong mode!

As I referenced above, I think Pointy Preparations is the only way to go. Donkey Kong gets a damage increase for most attacks, and enhancing his super kong mode really plays off his strengths. Having a better barrel roll is great, as you'll be using it a lot, and he regenerates about 10% of his health on intermittent intervals when he's in super kong mode on this path. The thing is, Donkey Kong has a lot of health to begin with, so this could easily make him viable for Nightmare-equivalent difficulty play. Plus, I don't think he even gets a damage increase for his thrown barrels on Powder Keg Power, he just makes the barrel explode...

Series 4 Jet-Vac:

Your choices with Series 4 Jet-Vac are Blade-Vac, which mostly upgrades Jet-Vac's hurricanes (HOLD Attack 1) and Hurricane Hawk, which upgrades his somersault kicks (Attack 3). On Blade-Vac, the biggest upgrades are one that makes hurricanes explode after they expire and one that makes hurricanes suck up gears that Jet-Vac shoots with (Attack 1) to use as tools to damage anything caught in the hurricane. Hurricane Hawk has upgrades that let Jet-Vac damage foes behind him when his somersault kick is initiated, one that makes kicked enemies get pushed back further, and one that lets him perform one again when the first one hits, if you so desire.

I'd say go with Blade-Vac, hands down. The hurricanes have greater mobile potential, more practical damage dealing potential and are really disruptive to foes who can be tossed up. That and you'd basically be using a Hurricane Hawk Jet-Vac for knocking enemies back only, and he can already do that with his suction gun (HOLD Attack 2, then press Attack 2 again). So it's arguable if Hurricane Hawk even really contributes anything of value.
thumpinator Gold Sparx Gems: 2419
#116 Posted: 08:21:12 19/10/2015
Splat's path is on the wikia
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#117 Posted: 13:55:33 19/10/2015
Hey, I really like Astroblast. He's one of the funnest Superchargers I've played with so far.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#118 Posted: 08:10:51 24/10/2015
Best path path for shark shooter terrafin?
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#119 Posted: 11:12:15 24/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Snap Shot
Best path path for shark shooter terrafin?

First post.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#120 Posted: 00:38:18 26/10/2015
Can someone Post BB Pop Fizz's paths?
---
#121 Posted: 14:48:19 02/11/2015
I think this is the only one left, right?

smilie Big Bubble Pop Fizz smilie

Attack 1: Bubble Blast - Press Attack 1 to blow bubbles that bounce on their way to enemies.
Attack 2: Bubbling Beast Form - Press Attack 2 to transform into a beast. Press Attack 1 to attack nearby enemies with claws.

Basic Upgrades:

Mixture Modifier - Press Attack 3 to cause a chemical reaction and transform the color and effects of liquid attacks.

Know Your Bases - All base liquid attacks do more damage.

Genetic Engineering - Press Attack 3 while in Beast Mode to perform new attacks depending on the current liquid color.

Side Effects - After reverting to normal Pop Fizz mode, gain a temporary defense boost.

Alchemic Maestro Path:

Larger Lungs - Hold Attack 1 to perform improved liquid attacks depending on the current color.

For Science! - Hold Attack 3 while in normal form to constantly spew liquids that damage enemies in the nearby area.

Follow the Formula - Mixture Modifier gains additional effects depending upon the liquid color.

Brass of the Beast Path:

Better Beast - Hold Attack 3 to perform enhanced and longer versions of unique beast attacks.

Juiced Up! - Melee attacks in Beast Form do more damage. I'm a monster, rawr!

Feed the Beast - In Beast Mode, hold Attack 3 to perform Better Beast attacks. Press Attack 1 after using a Better Beast attack to do more damage with your claws.

Soul Gem: Spiked Punch - While in Beast Mode, hold and release Attack 1 to pound the ground and knock all enemies in the area up!
---
#122 Posted: 15:05:08 02/11/2015
Sooo, they moved Mutant Beast to basic upgrade in the gimmick-repose. Now I'm even saltier that it's glitched and doesn't work on Love Potion Pop Fizz in this game.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:05:26 02/11/2015 by Bifrost
Fizzle Blue Sparx Gems: 854
#123 Posted: 20:13:27 02/11/2015
I love how his soul gem is a reference to alcohol
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#124 Posted: 23:21:09 02/11/2015
I liked how they moved the "Mutant Beast" upgrade to the normal upgrade tree
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#125 Posted: 04:40:59 03/11/2015
Splat smilie

Basic Attacks
Artisan Arts: press attack 1 to pummel enemy with your brush staff.
Heave Hue!: press attack 2 to fire an explosive ink blob.

Upgrades
Have an Inkling: press attack 3 to send an Inkling charging forward, leaving damaging ink pools behind and hitting enemies in the way.
Dye Hard: Melee attacks do more damage to enemies.
Broad Strokes: press attack 2 to fire an even larger explosive ink blob.
Scape-Goat: press attack 3 to summon a more powerful Inkling that leaves behind longer lasting ink pools.

Prolific Painter Path - create ink pools and more powerful ink creatures with this path
Wet Paint: hold attack 2 and release to throw a huge explosive ink blob that leaves a pool of damaging ink on the ground.
Canvas the Area: Ink pools created by Wet Paint are now larger.
Shades of Pain: hold attack 2 and release to throw a huge explosive ink blob that creates a large angry ink monster.

Abstract Designer Path - brush up on your doodling skills to make your Inklings even more powerful
Running Colours: Inkling creatures now charge a further distance.
Stroke of Genius: Inklings and ink pools left behin now explode!
Graffiti Gruff: hold attack 3 even longer and release to draw a huge Inkling that will trample enemies in front of you.

Soul Gem
Bringing the Stain: Enemies hit with ink attacks are now slowed!

Yay, all the SuperChargers are now done!
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#126 Posted: 21:09:04 03/11/2015
Sooo, they moved Mutant Beast to basic upgrade in the gimmick-repose. Now I'm even saltier that it's glitched and doesn't work on Love Potion Pop Fizz in this game.

What do you mean?
#127 Posted: 21:38:23 03/11/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael

What do you mean?

The additional powers depending on the potion for the Beast. It's the same effect as Mutant Beast upgrade on regular Pop Fizz,and my favorite upgrade on him. And since I only have Love Potion and that upgrade just doesn't work in this game for him(haven't updated the game yet to see if it was fixed tho), it's kinda upsetting to see the new version get double the attention and usefulness.
---
#128 Posted: 21:39:42 03/11/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael

What do you mean?

The additional powers depending on the potion for the Beast. It's the same effect as Mutant Beast upgrade on regular Pop Fizz,and my favorite upgrade on him. And since I only have Love Potion and that upgrade just doesn't work in this game for him(haven't updated the game yet to see if it was fixed tho), it's kinda upsetting to see the new version get double the attention and usefulness.

You mean Love Potion Pop Fizz's fizzy frenzy power doesn't work in SSC?..
#129 Posted: 21:48:26 03/11/2015
Mutant Beast doesn't work. The one with the potion effects on the beast. His Wow Pow still works fine,but it's nigh useless now.
---
#130 Posted: 21:52:25 03/11/2015
Mutant Beast doesn't work. The one with the potion effects on the beast. His Wow Pow still works fine,but it's nigh useless now.

Wow. That's disappointing.
#131 Posted: 21:58:34 03/11/2015
Yeah, I asked others to test too, regulars all work fine. Again, couldn't update the game yet, hopefully it's working again.
---
acriley91 Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#132 Posted: 20:17:51 13/11/2015
Thanks for the path guides buuzer. I can't wait for eruptor!
#133 Posted: 03:10:02 08/12/2015
Gosh it's been a long time. Good thing I have some new ones to review!

Astroblast:

Astroblast's paths are Cosmic Technology, which powers up his laser attacks and the light aura around him. To be more specific, Astroblast can charge his laser up by holding (Attack 1)so laser shots he fires do more damage before the charge level drops and the lasers become weaker until they eventually return to normal damage output if you don't keep charging. There's also an upgrade that makes the light aura actually damage nearby foes too! And Nova Hopper which upgrades his space rock attacks (Attack 2 and Attack 3) and give him a one use per level way to come back into the fight with a bang once he's been defeated! Specifically, if you shoot a space rock (Attack 2), it will last longer and also hit enemies more times I believe. And his meteorites after his kick (HOLD Attack 3) get an upgrade too, but perhaps what the path is known for is the last upgrade, where (if Astroblast hasn't been defeated in the level yet), when he is defeated, he will cause a screen-wide explosion and resurrect himself!

I would recommend you choose Cosmic Technology, even though the prospect of being able to come back after defeat once may seem really, really promising. The unfortunate truth is, even with the resurrection upgrade available, Astroblast will probably have a harder time backing up his health total (including after reviving) if you're on Nova Hopper, just because his attacks are really weak on that path. On Cosmic Technology, however, Astroblast doesn't have this problem and can even boss around groups of foes in the right places, since his lasers ricochet off of walls! It's awesome just shooting off lasers and zapping everything, everywhere!

Of course, one user (Drawdler) did point out very eloquently that if you choose Astroblast's Cosmic Technology path, you will almost exclusively be "just charging and spamming his laser", but it can really work in the right places.

Series 4 Pop-Fizz:

Pop-Fizz's paths are Alchemic Maestro, which upgrades the liquids he spews from his tuba (Attack 1) and give them additional attacks by holding the (Attack 1) button down (holding down Attack 1 makes: blue bubbles able to be charged, grow bigger and do more damage, orange froth be spewed continuously and green acid be spat out of the top of the tuba, which rotates in place while you do so, so you will spew puddles of acid all over the ground while still moving) and even makes Pop-Fizz's tuba attack enemies in front of it when you press (Attack 3)! The other path is the rather similarly named "Brass" of the Beast path (the beast enhancing path was originally called BEST of the Beast!, which sounded much nicer), which gives makes Pop-Fizz's claw swipe and special attacks do more damage while in beast form. It also makes the duration of Pop-Fizz's special attacks in beast form increase to about 2-3 times longer in the case of the blue bubble attack one, and seemingly endless (until you release the button) in the case of his claw spins when he's orange, or his green fume burps.

I really hate to admit it, but Series 4 Pop-Fizz's best path has to be "Brass" of the Beast. Your Series 4 Pop-Fizz just will not be able to do enough damage to realistically compete with your foes if you don't choose it.

Maybe it's just because I'm an old school Skylanders player, but I always liked the potion upgrades and despised the beast form. However, it seems like both Toys for Bob and Vicarious Visions have lately wanted to incentivize the beast path to the point where it totally edges out the potion attacks (with the Series 3 Pop-Fizz's Wow Pow! and now Series 4 Pop Fizz), and at last, mission accomplished. This is mostly because of the fact that a lot of what was wrong with the original beast form (including very long start-up times and finite durations of time in beast form) doesn't apply to Series 4 Pop-Fizz--he can stay in the beast form indefinitely now and it actually allows for more mobility and does more damage than Pop-Fizz's tuba attacks, which are drastically weaker than the old potions.

Series 4 Stealth Elf:

Stealth Elf's paths are now Heavy Gunner, which upgrades Stealth Elf's dagger cannon (Attack 1) by making it do more damage the longer you hold down (Attack 1) up to a certain point and it also makes fired daggers "splinter" off of enemies onto nearby targets--with nearby being the operative word. It also makes Stealth Elf emit a poison gas cloud when she emerges from invisibility. Her other path is Stealth Saboteur, which strengthens her turret she leaves behind when you hold (Attack 2), not just by making it do more damage, but also by making it able to rotate and face other targets and explode when it's destroyed, when Stealth Elf has been invisible for too long, or when you end her invisibility early by releasing (Attack 2). It also gets the rather nice upgrade of making Stealth Elf's spinning kick (Attack 3) knock enemies back further and do more damage!

I would recommend you go with Heavy Gunner. Don't get me wrong, Stealth Saboteur can be great, it's just that it gets boring letting the turret do all the work and (ultimately) have all the fun for you and it's also confusing having to switch between being invisible and not attacking (Stealth Elf ends her invisibility by attacking) and emerging and attacking all the time. Basically, it was like this for me: "Alright, Stealth Elf's invisible and the turret's set. Now I can run off and get ready to attack from a range... oh wait, what's that? The turret got destroyed early and the enemies can see her again? Alright, I guess I'll start attacking. (1 second later...) Alright, now they've closed in, now I have to do a spin kick to clear the way to put another turret down and..."

That's basically what it was like. It doesn't always go to plan, it's not always easy and it took a long time for enemies to lose. But the Heavy Gunner style of play makes it easier for Stealth Elf to drop enemies much faster and encouraged a more dynamic, fun playing style that uses the turret as a distraction rather than an overused crutch and ultimately encourages more attacking and quick work.
#134 Posted: 11:34:18 08/12/2015
Anyone tried out the bottom path for Nightfall? I keep looking up gameplay of it,everyone goes for the hook path and honestly I'm not really going to buy another melee character if the hair one is too bad.
---
#135 Posted: 18:35:14 08/12/2015
Anyone tried out the bottom path for Nightfall? I keep looking up gameplay of it,everyone goes for the hook path and honestly I'm not really going to buy another melee character if the hair one is too bad.

I've tried both, and in my opinion, Dread Head (the bottom path) is much better. Being able to stay in Ambrush for a long time with Ambrush Rush gives her something similar to Terrafin's earth swim, but better since she fires dark spikes while in it. The spikes don't do a lot of damage, but they're fast, they're Nightfall's only ranged attack, and Nightfall is invincible while in Ambrush. Up-Sweep is a nice upgrade to Ambrush, but not anything game-changing. Vast Volume also doubles the damage of Whip Lash, but it's still very low.

On the Master Angler path, while Splitting Hairs does a lot of damage and doesn't take long to charge, that's pretty much the only good upgrade on this path. Comb-o only increases the damage of every 4th claw swing by 5... that's pretty much useless. I didn't stay with this path long enough to unlock Playing Hooky, but it's probably not that good either.
---
Echo2VX Gold Sparx Gems: 2918
#136 Posted: 08:53:30 24/12/2015
For smilie I strongly recommend Master Angler. It is incredibly overpowered.
---
Together, we can stop sheep abuse!
Top 10: smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#137 Posted: 05:19:35 10/01/2016
Yeah I thought that her main upgrades were good enough to make her an awesome character. I'm still going to try the wind warrior path as I love a speedy character.

I'm talking about smilie
---
Any last wishes?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:21:19 10/01/2016 by Wishblade
#138 Posted: 11:38:56 08/02/2016
Now that I have Nightfall as well,can definately recommend only Dread Head as well. No idea how anyone goes Master Angler to have fun, because her hitstop on the hooks is pretty disconcerting and feels way longer than it should be, not to mention incredibly unsafe. I only use it for the guaranteed crit becase Bad Hair Day's guaranteed poison does a fine job to rack up damage quickly and Air Whip Lash(didn't even KNOW this attack was there at first, I feel dumb) is much safer.
---
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#139 Posted: 00:13:02 18/02/2016
Just wondering which of his paths is the best one, regardless of him being the PB or regular version
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#140 Posted: 00:20:18 18/02/2016
Upgrade Recommendations Topic is right there

Sorry,don't have him, heard one of his paths has a better revive mechanic than Astroblast though.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:20:32 18/02/2016 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#141 Posted: 01:31:33 18/02/2016
Bottom path. Although the last upgrade is a little lackluster.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#142 Posted: 03:54:55 18/02/2016
The top path definitely. The bottom path is not strong enough.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me